Vibrator Intensity Control

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
RH_CATE
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Vibrator Intensity Control

Post by RH_CATE »

I've purchased a few inexpensive wired vibrators that has a knob on it. When I dial down the knob to the lowest, the vibrator stops. After dialing it up for just a little bit, it vibrates strongly at, says, 50% of intensity. Adjusting the knob further up would get it to reach 100%. So the supported intensity is 0% and 50-100%. There was no way for me to set it to 1%-50%. And since the intensity is too strong, it'd be easy for me to accidentally go over. :-(

Out of curiosity, I cut the vibrator wire and connected it with some DIY electronics that I've made. After some hacking, I've figured out a way to get it to vibrate at lower intensity, giving me a larger range of usable intensity of 10%-100%. The idea is to drive the vibrator at 100% for like 10ms to kickstart it, then drive it at a duty cycle of 0-100% for 90ms. Then repeat the whole driving process again. This way the vibrator intensity can go down to 10%. :-D

Does anyone here have experience with the more expensive vibrators? It can be wired or the wireless ones. Some of them can even be controlled via an app or a website. Here is what I'm wondering: Do the more expensive vibrators support vibrating at lower intensity, giving it a large usable intensity range?
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Re: Vibrator Intensity Control

Post by RemiHiyama »

I've got some of those more expensive wireless app controlled vibrators. (Mostly lovense stuff, but I've picked up a few other odds and ends over time.) I find them to have a fairly large usability range in the sense that you've described.

... But the thing is, the cheap ones I've used have had a wider usability range too. If you'd mentioned only trying one I'd strongly suspect that there was some sort of issue with that individual vibe; as it is I'm still a bit suspicious.
Auto: Replaces selected instances of the word "not" with the word "definitely".