[FEEDBACK] Trials of the Succubi v2.4th

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---

Who do you want to see more of?

Nikki
7%
Kylie
19%
Anissa
13%
Nicole
7%
Christie
4%
Megan
9%
Alina
9%
Lily
10%
Gabbie
14%
Sirena
8%

Total votes: 541

BurritoZz
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [FEEDBACK] Trials of the Succubi v2.4th

Post by BurritoZz »

Hi Indyc. I've been enjoying this tease on and off for many months now.
I'd like to have an easier time hunting for the content that I haven't seen yet, could I have the soul code?

Good luck with the new version!
WillyWanka69
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by WillyWanka69 »

Indyc, I made an account just to praise you for this masterpiece :D
I could use a souls code too, I really want to max the sh** out of this tease.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

BurritoZz wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:30 pm Hi Indyc. I've been enjoying this tease on and off for many months now.
I'd like to have an easier time hunting for the content that I haven't seen yet, could I have the soul code?

Good luck with the new version!
Code sent, still working on that version so thanks!
WillyWanka69 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:08 am Indyc, I made an account just to praise you for this masterpiece :D
I could use a souls code too, I really want to max the sh** out of this tease.
Praise more than accepted, thank you! Sending the code to you as well.
MamonoMagic
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by MamonoMagic »

Indyc, gotta say this is defo one of the most intuitive teases on this site. Wondering if you could slide over a code also? Love your work!!
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

MamonoMagic wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:26 am Indyc, gotta say this is defo one of the most intuitive teases on this site. Wondering if you could slide over a code also? Love your work!!
Hmm, calling it intuitive is an interesting way to describe it. Thank you so much for your first post and your compliment! A code is sliding your way.
scb123
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by scb123 »

Hi Indyc,

what a tease. It's the best tease for sure. And not to say that there aren't other great ones, but this really had me coming back more than any other. Other teases have replayability but I think you mastered how to go about it. The tech of saves comes to mind of course, but also, I like how you make a simple choice in the beginning (the holiday) and you can play the same "route" again, but get different/new scenes.

And this brings me to something I wanted to share about my experience so far in the hopes for the next version ;-)
On my first playthroughs it was super easy to find new and cool things I enjoyed, just go to different rooms this time, or say "yes" to something I said "no" before and I got playthroughs that had literally no single shared scene to the previous one.
But now there are two "problems" that kinda make me not super motivated to pick it up again right now:

Firstly, I'm starting to loose track of what I have already done. In the beginning I sometimes just yolo'd and went to whatever I found interesting, and once I randomly ended up going for an ending that I realized I already saw. The last few times, I got bored a little bit, since I have to click through certain unavoidable parts before I can get to a point where I want to try out a different branch only to find out that the ending that comes with it just gives me one or two additional scenes. Which ties to the second point.

Some routes are longer than others and some endings are much more fleshed out than others. Technically there is nothing wrong with that, but I have gotten sort of excited getting to an end with a model that I liked to then only have one more scene left.
Spoiler: show
(I had the opposite happen as well the first time I got to the "weeding" with Caprice, where I thought it would be over quick, but it opened a huge new section.)
Because of the great tracking feature, I have a pretty good idea of how much I have seen and I know there is much for me to still find, but because I don't know whether a path might be long or short, or even how to get them, I'm sort of unmotivated now. And I actually enjoyed the unknown aspect of it all initially, it's just that there is so much, that now doing just random things makes me see most of the same again, because I surely have a certain bias and just "prefer" clicking certain options over others. So now I feel like I need to sit down and "plan" what I want to go for, only to then find out, that my plan didn't really unlock anything new.

Let me make an example. I've started playing usually selecting Christmas holidays and got through a few things and then realized that the other holidays actually give new scenes even for routes I have already done. So I got excited and tried a bunch of things. But now I'm unsure which model I focused on in which holiday, I just didn't really keep track.

A few obvious solutions come to mind, but probably the easiest that I see is a sort of ending list, where ppl can get a rough idea of how to get a certain ending. I know you have given feedback on specific endings before, so maybe you have something like that already? If I had that list, I'd instantly get back into the tease and just work through it. I wouldn't like everything and probably skip some stuff I know I won't like, but that alone would at least double my playtime :-P (I'd be interested in that soul code. Maybe it will get me playing a bit more :-P) And I get the whole excitement around not knowing what you are getting, or just having to explore, but at least to me, I lose that excitement after a while and people could always ignore such a list. It shouldn't be shown to you at the start of the game obviously :-P Maybe even just here on the forum with a spoiler tag.

Well, rather long post, but I think I owe you at least that for this 10/10 masterpiece! It's one of those things, where you like something so much that you care more and just can't help yourself but nit-pick.
Thanks for your work!
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

scb123 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:10 pm Well, rather long post, but I think I owe you at least that for this 10/10 masterpiece! It's one of those things, where you like something so much that you care more and just can't help yourself but nit-pick.
Thanks for your work!
This is exactly the kind of feedback I love and need. While I hear murmurs and feedback from others and I can assume what the remaining problems are, it is always much more beneficial to have the "play by play" perspective to fix the core problem. I too completely understand the desire to improve the things most important to you and don't see it as nit picky at all.

I have known for many months now that I need to make an in-game ending hint system which I definitely have plans for. However, after reading your exact feelings, I feel like using the magic time skipping watch could also be a good solution to some of your issues. It also makes me think about expanding its functionality and accessibility to be able to allow for faster replays.

While I have ideas of how to tackle these things, it will be space limited and time will tell when I or fapnip might be able to pull off. Heck of a first post!
scatfanj
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by scatfanj »

Hello Indyc and ccd123.

First of all. Indyc I love your job but SCB have a point here. It's difficult to track paths even with the watch device if you hack the code it gets pretty difficut to copy the code because of the length in an smartdeviceI would suggest shortest codes who gives you just the scene where you are and then sub menus (such as you do when you skip at the begin) to define wich paths do you one to follow. (for example chose the level range alpha/beta ).
scatfanj
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by scatfanj »

Thanks for the work. Really genius en entretaining!! I'm at 60% With 10 endings left!!. I know everyone would like to see their iedeas for teasing but I really would find boring to get the endings easly. I would prefer to get simply codes to kind of manipulate your stats. Obusly you couldnt reach a scenario dierectly that depens on your alpha/beta level.

Thanks once again for the work.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

scatfanj wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:43 pm It's difficult to track paths even with the watch device if you hack the code it gets pretty difficut to copy the code because of the length in an smartdeviceI would suggest shortest codes who gives you just the scene where you are and then sub menus (such as you do when you skip at the begin) to define wich paths do you one to follow. (for example chose the level range alpha/beta ).
I get that a skip function with this level of choices would be of benefit to many and I am still trying to decide where to draw that line. I can only imagine how frustrating spending so much time to not get something new would feel. However, there are a few reasons where I don't want to create a skip function that lets you tinker with the majority of variables.

I am hoping some of the efforts I am putting in can give you a bit of what you want without doing it in the suggested way. Thanks so much for using your first posts to chime in and give another perspective!
Dragonfireworks
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Dragonfireworks »

This is a truly excellent game, thanks for working on it!

Is there a certain path to reach this situation?
put on Anissa's panties in the office.
I also noticed a possible continuity error. If I avoid meeting Lana outside, I then encounter Lana instead of Nikki on the steps when going upstairs. When descending after the upstairs scenes with Kylie and Anissa, the game thinks I have already met Nikki: "As you walk down the stairs you wonder if Nikki will be there again."
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

Dragonfireworks wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:39 pm Is there a certain path to reach this situation?
put on Anissa's panties in the office.
When inside for the first time go to fireplace, follow nikki up, and when you take the "go to the right" path you will find Anissa. She throws her panties at you and you have the quick option. There isn't much so don't expect a bunch here yet.
Dragonfireworks wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:39 pm I also noticed a possible continuity error. If I avoid meeting Lana outside, I then encounter Lana instead of Nikki on the steps when going upstairs. When descending after the upstairs scenes with Kylie and Anissa, the game thinks I have already met Nikki: "As you walk down the stairs you wonder if Nikki will be there again."
Someone else reported this recently and I haven't quite fixed it yet but am trying to find out how to with the variables I already have to not make the save files too big.
Dragonfireworks wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:39 pm This is a truly excellent game, thanks for working on it!
Of course! I'm still working on it so I hope you are looking forward to the rest!
mhavel1234
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by mhavel1234 »

Had a lot of fun so far but it's super time consuming to explore. Would love the soul code to help explore more per playthrough.
Kayge
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Kayge »

Would love the soul code please :)
AFro62
Explorer
Explorer

Post by AFro62 »

I also would love the soul code for this incredible tease.