LL JOI game in R

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

giannitrib
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

LL JOI game in R

Post by giannitrib »

Am a bit of a lurker on these forums, occasional poster on topics here and there but mostly a lurker

Not really sure where best to share this, assuming it may be of interest
I came across a LL clip a while back and it could probably lend itself quite well to a webtease, but never really got to grips with eos in terms of writing anything, and this would probably need quite a bit of javascript
It's this clip for info: https://iwantclips.com/store/228/London ... adders-JOI
(unfortunately the description doesn't really explain the game)

While i may not be writing eos teases, what i can write is code in R so i thought i'd see if it could work
I know it's really software meant for data analysis, statistics and regression modelling but i can make it simulate a joi edging game with a bit of creative code

I went through the video explanation a few times and after starting on it ages ago picked it up again this week and i think it mostly works
Have put together a readme with some instructions and a rough summary of the clip contents in the descriptions
R is not the most user friendly thing to get working, but i've tried my best with the readme
The folder comes to about 1mb, and most of that is from the screenshots (the readme and script are about 20k in total) - comes in at about 200 lines of code plus a bit more from some scenario testing i did

It was kinda fun to write putting the logic in - and i acknowledge in the readme that handling everything with global variables probably isn't the best practice, but once it's setup it doesn't seem to break too much
Let me know what you think - feel free to move the topic if it's in the wrong place
And if someone feels like they could write it as an eos tease that would be pretty awesome - or who knows maybe i will get good enough with eos and get round to making it some day

You'll need to supply your own image gallery to get it working - any folder with jpgs or pngs will work
Anyway, here's a mega link - i made a throwaway type account to host it so i don't lose anything on my own mega account if it gets reported or anything:
https://mega.nz/folder/C5JgQIAZ#voCOTUn4-THuu4Tz0R0SKQ
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Re: LL JOI game in R

Post by Augustulus »

Hey :wave:,
giannitrib wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:26 pm Am a bit of a lurker on these forums, occasional poster on topics here and there but mostly a lurker

Not really sure where best to share this, assuming it may be of interest
I came across a LL clip a while back and it could probably lend itself quite well to a webtease, but never really got to grips with eos in terms of writing anything, and this would probably need quite a bit of javascript
It's this clip for info: https://iwantclips.com/store/228/London ... adders-JOI
(unfortunately the description doesn't really explain the game)

While i may not be writing eos teases, what i can write is code in R so i thought i'd see if it could work
I know it's really software meant for data analysis, statistics and regression modelling but i can make it simulate a joi edging game with a bit of creative code

I went through the video explanation a few times and after starting on it ages ago picked it up again this week and i think it mostly works
Have put together a readme with some instructions and a rough summary of the clip contents in the descriptions
R is not the most user friendly thing to get working, but i've tried my best with the readme
The folder comes to about 1mb, and most of that is from the screenshots (the readme and script are about 20k in total) - comes in at about 200 lines of code plus a bit more from some scenario testing i did

It was kinda fun to write putting the logic in - and i acknowledge in the readme that handling everything with global variables probably isn't the best practice, but once it's setup it doesn't seem to break too much
Let me know what you think - feel free to move the topic if it's in the wrong place
And if someone feels like they could write it as an eos tease that would be pretty awesome - or who knows maybe i will get good enough with eos and get round to making it some day

You'll need to supply your own image gallery to get it working - any folder with jpgs or pngs will work
Anyway, here's a mega link - i made a throwaway type account to host it so i don't lose anything on my own mega account if it gets reported or anything:
https://mega.nz/folder/C5JgQIAZ#voCOTUn4-THuu4Tz0R0SKQ

I just tested it out. It's definitely not easy to setup R and my basic knowledge about it was the only thing I could get it to work, because I needed some updates on my packages and error messages in R studio are bad :lol:.
Apart from that it seems like it's working fine for me. I also don't think that it would be hard to do something like that in eos.

However I find it always a good exercise to try out such things in different programming languages, so nice work for trying it and getting it to work :thumbsup:

Augustulus
It's time to duel statistics:
Wins: 16
Loses: 12

Offer: (I'm currently not taking any new requests!)
I'm having fun creating custom tasks (jerk off instructions)! Interested in one?
Look here:
Spoiler: show
What you have to do:
1. Write me a PM
2. Be polite! (I don't react to PMs without greeting etc)
3. Tell me something about your fetishes and limits (more details lead to better experiences)
4. Send me a detailed report after playing. I want my fun, too :-) and want to enhance my skills
5. If I don't get a report I will ignore further requests from you!

I will respond to PMs as soon as possible (typically within 24 hours)
giannitrib
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by giannitrib »

Thanks Augustulus
Glad that you could get it to work even if it was a bit of a struggle
I did slightly wonder whether anyone would be interested enough to try it out and be able to get it to work
Originally i was thinking it could all be done without needing any packages but when i had the idea to render an image into the chart window it was going to be so much easier adding a few
You're right about the bad error messages - one of the many challenges of using it
Have been writing R code, mostly as part of work, for about 5 years, so it was quite quick in the end to write

Am sure you're entirely right that it wouldn't be that difficult to write in eos - it's just my javascript knowledge, you could fit it on the back of a postage stamp.
I think i'd need to start with something simpler and slowly increase the complexity
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by Augustulus »

Yeah, it's always tricky to get to know if people like your work or not. Especially here since you can't see how many actually downloaded and tried your app.
Since I know R and am curious I thought I give you at least some feedback. Sometimes this gets a thread going, but I fear that R is all too complicated for the average person to try this out.

I've only worked a little bit with R myself, but since I'm a computer scientist, it's quite easy to figure such things out for me :lol:.

I have only used eos a little bit and never really tried to write a whole tease, but I guess you could get most of the things working without even coding more than some basic arithmetic statements.
It's time to duel statistics:
Wins: 16
Loses: 12

Offer: (I'm currently not taking any new requests!)
I'm having fun creating custom tasks (jerk off instructions)! Interested in one?
Look here:
Spoiler: show
What you have to do:
1. Write me a PM
2. Be polite! (I don't react to PMs without greeting etc)
3. Tell me something about your fetishes and limits (more details lead to better experiences)
4. Send me a detailed report after playing. I want my fun, too :-) and want to enhance my skills
5. If I don't get a report I will ignore further requests from you!

I will respond to PMs as soon as possible (typically within 24 hours)
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

Hi there! :wave:

I didn't tested that, since I don't feel like dealing with those 'struggle' described in this thread just for playing a tease.

But I may can give some small general hints if you don't mind...

It starts with the thread title which was like a riddle to me, after hover my mouse over the clip-link I've got what's meant with 'LL', and reading your post I've got that 'R' is a language, still had to google for it to understand a bit more of what that is.
So maybe a better descriptive thread title than this cryptic 'LL JOI game in R' would be helpful to get some people even click on this and read it's content.
Would have been nice to have that readme in the first post, spoiler tagged, so people could get a better idea of what's it all about without downloading anything.
Anyway, here's a mega link
I think it's better to pack more than one file as a *.zip package for downloading.
Am sure you're entirely right that it wouldn't be that difficult to write in eos - it's just my javascript knowledge, you could fit it on the back of a postage stamp.
There are a lot of ways to create a tease, if eos is not your 'thing', then look up other ways, i.e.:
- The good old Tai (easy enough, still able to create more complex stuff with this one, endless examples around)
- Archive (I never 'scripted' with this one, but definitely a look worth anyway)
- GuideMe
- RenPy ... Technical Froms was done with that
- RPG Maker ... Dreamscapes was done with that
- Tai Java, ... ok, since you've mentioned that javascript is not so much for you, this might not be the best choice for you

Anyway, I wish you good luck and much fun being creative in creating teases, whatever way you prefer! :-)

Best greetings,
Markus