What has cock hero become?

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: What has cock hero become?

Post by doremi »

We can't control the creators, and it's a good thing. However, you can follow my lead if you are only interested by pure Cock Hero productions. Just visit:

HD Cock Hero Downloads Index

and concentrate on the top part. The :love: means a beatmeter (and I also mention partial beatmeters when it's done that way). Do not check the new releases if you hate being disappointed by mislabels. :lol:
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
Spoiler: show
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by doremi »

Pseudonym wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:00 pm So, my question for any authors who released videos called Cock Hero and not included beat meter is – what was your reasoning?
One reason I see it being used is as a clickbate. I've also seen COCK HERO/PMV in the title. How can that even be possible in a video production? :lol:
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
Spoiler: show
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)
blarb
Explorer
Explorer

Post by blarb »

I used "Cock Hero" in the title of Cock Hero Vulcan because it is a Cock Hero video.

It has a theme, it has a structure, it progresses, and it has beats that you can stroke to like in any other Cock Hero video. It even has a cum countdown. And it is edited with a lot of care to honor the tradition of Cock Hero.

Yes, it doesn't have a beat meter. This is intentional to give viewers control. I know, it's unusual, but it's a legitimate approach to the genre.

If you don't like that approach, that's totally fine. But don't make it political. Cock Hero is not a trademarked term. And we shouldn't pretend that it is. Don't make Cock Hero makers justify their decisions.

Cock Hero is not about catering to specific expectations and definitions. It has more to do with a certain community spirit. Case in point: AndreXHero is working on a beat meter for Cock Hero Vulcan, and I think that's totally great.
spaisin
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by spaisin »

blarb wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:30 pm I used "Cock Hero" in the title of Cock Hero Vulcan because it is a Cock Hero video.
I don't want to be rude, because I liked your work; but I do disagree.
blarb wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:30 pm It has a theme, it has a structure, it progresses, and it has beats that you can stroke to like in any other Cock Hero video. It even has a cum countdown.
Yes, these are common features of a lot of Cock Heros, but the defining feature seems to be the thing you skipped: a challenge, a game. In the form of the given beat patterns, however they're indicated.

What's wrong with calling it a Movie / PMV / possibly a JOI? That's what it is and it's a great one at that.
blarb wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:30 pm AndreXHero is working on a beat meter for Cock Hero Vulcan, and I think that's totally great.
Awesome, it might actually become a Cock Hero one day, then. Looking forward to it :-)
zebbg69
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zebbg69 »

spaisin wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:52 pm
blarb wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:30 pm AndreXHero is working on a beat meter for Cock Hero Vulcan, and I think that's totally great.
Awesome, it might actually become a Cock Hero one day, then. Looking forward to it :-)
Surely you are not suggesting that the original genre-defining Cock Hero videos by lalaland and andyp are not Cock Heroes!
The Carnal Scholar wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:14 am I wanted to point out that the very first Cock Hero videos did not have a visible beat meter, only a beat sound.
The Scholar has it!
zebbg69
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zebbg69 »

The Carnal Scholar wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:14 am ... But it also begs the question of who invented the visual beat meter? :-O Was it andyp in Cock Hero 5? If you know more about the answer, feel free to edit the wiki page, or explain it here!
If andyp's first beat meter appeared in #5, then it is safe to say this was the first beat meter ever.

The first five CH's ever were lalaland (#1-2, Feb 2009) and then andyp (#3-5, Jun-Jul 2011). If anyone knows of any interlopers, that might change things, but I haven't seen any.

Great material for the wiki...
The Carnal Scholar
Explorer
Explorer

Post by The Carnal Scholar »

zebbg69 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:36 am The first five CH's ever were lalaland (#1-2, Feb 2009) and then andyp (#3-5, Jun-Jul 2011). If anyone knows of any interlopers, that might change things, but I haven't seen any.
There's "The Lost Tape"...
That deserves a very special wiki page. :lol:
spaisin
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by spaisin »

zebbg69 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:22 am Surely you are not suggesting that the original genre-defining Cock Hero videos by lalaland and andyp are not Cock Heroes!
Shirley, I am not. Quoting a certain dum-dum from above (emphasis mine):
spaisin wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:52 pm a challenge, a game. In the form of the given beat patterns, however they're indicated.
;-)
blarb
Explorer
Explorer

Post by blarb »

I don't get why a beat meter is the one and only defining element. There are many things besides a beat meter that can make something into a challenge. We're long past Guitar Hero. If you wanna play Guitar Hero, go away and play Guitar Hero. And frankly, my emphasis is on "go away", because putting a shitload of unpaid work into a Cock Hero that's really something special and fresh to then have somebody say condescending stuff like "it might actually become a Cock Hero one day" just feels demotivating. I hope this thread won't demotivate lurking newcomers. I'm a fan of classic Cock Heros, too, but genres change. They renew and redefine themselves and do something weird from time to time to keep things alive. Not gonna participate in this stupid discussion any further.
Frantzo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Frantzo »

blarb wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:16 am I don't get why a beat meter is the one and only defining element. There are many things besides a beat meter that can make something into a challenge. We're long past Guitar Hero. If you wanna play Guitar Hero, go away and play Guitar Hero. And frankly, my emphasis is on "go away", because putting a shitload of unpaid work into a Cock Hero that's really something special and fresh to then have somebody say condescending stuff like "it might actually become a Cock Hero one day" just feels demotivating. I hope this thread won't demotivate lurking newcomers. I'm a fan of classic Cock Heros, too, but genres change. They renew and redefine themselves and do something weird from time to time to keep things alive. Not gonna participate in this stupid discussion any further.
I feel like there is a disconnect between the new generation and the old guard.

blarb has a point : indeed why should a cock hero always have a beatmeter? Especially when it can demotivate some creators or even new creators. I'd rather have one Vulcan video that stands out than ten classic videos that are not really inspired or rushed.

I think there is also a difference in perception for the genre: some people are attached to the sporty, challenging side with the beatmeter in particular when others are more into pure fun. That is to say, just having a good time or even enjoying a video full of creativity.
For me, the name cock hero is synonymous with quality, a relatively long duration (more than 45 min with a great soundtrack. After that, it doesn't matter if they have a beatmeter, red light/green light or a voice in narration.

Anyway, I think it's a shame that a creator has to justify himself.

If you are not satisfied, create your own Cock Hero video.
French Riviera Cock Hero : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22297
Lust Dream Cock Hero : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22564
French Touch Cock Hero : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22732
Lust Nightmare Cock Hero : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24392
Lust Nightmare 2 Cock Hero : viewtopic.php?t=25622
spaisin
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by spaisin »

blarb wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:16 am because putting a shitload of unpaid work into a Cock Hero that's really something special and fresh to then have somebody say condescending stuff like "it might actually become a Cock Hero one day" just feels demotivating. I hope this thread won't demotivate lurking newcomers. I'm a fan of classic Cock Heros, too, but genres change. They renew and redefine themselves and do something weird from time to time to keep things alive.
Apologies for being demotivating, I'm not doing it out of any kind of spite.
(EDIT: That specific quip was a 100% joke, as I assumed I had made my point clear.)

For me, calling it "Cock Hero Vulcan" is as right as calling it "Red light, Green light: Vulcan". It's just not what it is. Nothing more. It's not an attack on the work or the quality or the creator, just a note on a misapplied descriptor.

The term "Cock Hero" is worth defending as long as it actually defines something. Trying to improve the genre is absolutely fine but pushing the genre away from the "game core" is IMO counterproductive. Drop the game core and rather quickly the term stops meaning anything.

Your project is good enough to be unironically called "Audiovisual Erotic Art", it just isn't a "sports car" even if I find sports cars sexy.

Your Audiovisual Art is very welcome here! :-)

Frantzo wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:50 am For me, the name cock hero is synonymous with quality, a relatively long duration (more than 45 min with a great soundtrack. After that, it doesn't matter if they have a beatmeter, red light/green light or a voice in narration.
You have now ruled out the first 4 original Cock Heros, first CH Hardcore, some Awesome-X projects, some of Jupiter's, psytranceheros, etc.
faboosh
Explorer
Explorer

Post by faboosh »

my $0.02 on this, not that it matters

What was at the core of Guitar Hero? Hitting the right notes at the right time. The more you do it, the higher your score, if you fail to do so, you lose and have to try again.

For me at least, the core of Cock Hero is that there are some beats you have to hit, and you have to hit them all right to the end of the video. If you "fail" whilst doing this, then you should try again until you "beat" the video.

Whether these beats are a beatmeter, audio track, flashing light or an animated horse that neighs in time (or combination of) I don't think it really matters. It's still giving you instruction to follow, and as such, a challenge to overcome. (as long as the beats are in time with the music!!)

I personally find sections of videos which are "free style" or "edge & hold" to be bigger deviations from the core theme than not having a beatmeter (but I guess you could argue they are "enhancements" like using the whammy bar in guitar hero was)

As to the gamification, It's nice to have a challenge to overcome, it's also nice to have a story to enjoy. Again, back to guitar hero, some days you want to shred to some horribly difficult song, other days you just want to play along to a song you like that is really easy.

The only real thing "missing" IMO, is a way of score, because you can't really work out of you hit the beats like you can in guitar hero. I'm surprised there aren't more CH vids where you do get a score like that one (was it mindwarp?) where you are encouraged to beat your high score, as that seemed like a fun concept to me.

As an aside, I really like the "Championship edition" videos, where several testers would try the video first hand and record how far they got, and the final public release would show you when they lost and you could see how many people you could beat. I'd like to see more of them crop up as that gives a fun competition element for those that like that.
I also really like the "choose your own adventure" type ones. But they take a lot of effort to produce well.
gynephilos
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by gynephilos »

I agree mostly with what faboosh said.

A Cock Hero has to have some kind of indicator for the fap movement. It can be audio+beatmeter or just audio. (Having only a beatmeter would be weird, though.)

I also think that those "edge" and "freestyle" sections deviate from the original concept. Cock Hero is the illusion of lost control, which those sections bring back. I totally understand that many disagree. Funnily enough, Edge Hero is an OK genre as itself. It's just mixing the two that diminishes the effect of CH.
My videos: Cock Hero: Female Pleasure (forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=20080) · Cock Hero: Female Pleasure Vol 2 (forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=20482) · Cock Hero: Female Pleasure Vol 3 · Cock Hero: Female Pleasure Vol 4 · Cock Hero: Female Pleasure Vol 5 · Cock Hero: Feel the Vibe · Cock Hero: Female Pleasure Vol 6
zebbg69
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zebbg69 »

spaisin wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:53 am
zebbg69 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:22 am Surely you are not suggesting that the original genre-defining Cock Hero videos by lalaland and andyp are not Cock Heroes!
Shirley, I am not. Quoting a certain dum-dum from above (emphasis mine):
spaisin wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:52 pm a challenge, a game. In the form of the given beat patterns, however they're indicated.
;-)
The game is simply to stroke on all the beats and see how far you can get, ideally enduring the whole video without cumming. That much is implied by "Cock Hero" in any title unless further modified by specific instructions, such as classic #6 with its post-video reward and subsequent andyp classics with actual reward rounds. I think that casts a wide-enough net for everyone.

I did get your playful, joking nature, spaisin. Not to worry. (But don't EVER call me Shirley!)
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by hosenguy »

I have graduated to automated toys which has changed my desires in a Cock Hero.
I want the toy to follow the audio beats and no beat meter is preferred. I want no indication before a beat occurs or a change occurs.
The surprise ups my anticipation.