Gallery for EOS Tease

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
DrPain
Explorer
Explorer

Gallery for EOS Tease

Post by DrPain »

Hi all -
After many years of enjoying teases, I'm trying to write my first EOS tease! (Well, first tease at all!)

Unsurprisingly I've run into an issue right away. I've collected about 75 .jpg that I want to use for my tease, but when I try and upload them, only about 20 are showing up. Is there a limit to gallery size? Or a limit on how large the image file can be?

Thanks!
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Gallery for EOS Tease

Post by indyc »

No limit on gallery size that I have found. However, I can't seem to get about 7 to 8 meg or higher pictures loaded. This is probably a good thing because they will slow down the tease for many people. It is also REALLY picky about the jpeg format. It does not accept any PNG files and even some JPEGs have to be re-saved as jpeg or jpg for me to upload them.

I bet one of the above issues is your problem, don't worry I got over 14k photos into mine so far so you should be able to pull off most anything you want as long as it is the right format.
DrPain
Explorer
Explorer

Post by DrPain »

Thanks … that might well be it! I will try again tomorrow.
verynicekojak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by verynicekojak »

indyc wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:28 pm ...
I bet one of the above issues is your problem, don't worry I got over 14k photos into mine so far so you should be able to pull off most anything you want as long as it is the right format.
Did you use many galleries to upload so many files? Or did you use "files" folder?
I would like to use galleries, but I don't like those numeric names and I think there is no way for galleries to preserver original file names, right?

I wonder if there is limit of "files" folder?
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

Beyond making the tease overall too big (which is virtually a non issue for most creators) I don't think galleries have a limit and I mostly use galleries for TOTS. (TOTS is over 17,000 photos currently) However, because I am constantly up against the size limit and trying to compress things, fapnip came up with the idea to convert many of the gallery photos to files for smaller names. In the current version I would guess that about 20% or less of the photos were converted to files and the rest are still in gallery.

I do not think there is a limit to how many pictures are in files but I am told that the more photos are in there, the longer the program will take to pull each one up. This probably will not be a big problem until you have over 2000 photos in the file or so.