Translations

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
airoverwater
Explorer
Explorer

Translations

Post by airoverwater »

Just wondering if this would be cool with you guys, providing translated teases that were originally written in another language than my native English. I'm pretty good with Spanish, my French, German and Italian aren't so great. With the help of the Google Translator, and taking a few liberties based on common sense and context, I think I can translate just about any of the foreign language teases.

I only want to make sure I don't plagiarize without permission...
airoverwater
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Translations

Post by airoverwater »

Okay, I didn't really post a question, but I was asking if that's ok? Or if any of you guys have an opinion on this idea? Or if I need to take it up on a case by case basis with the individual authors?... Or if anyone has other suggestions? Or if I should just leave well enough alone and start from scratch, writing my own teases?

Wisdom, please, any/ every/ some/ body...
leavemehanging
Explorer
Explorer

Post by leavemehanging »

I would ask the individual authors, if I were you.
Cider
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Cider »

i also would suggest taking it case by case...i dont think anyone would have a problem with it as long as you gave credit to the original author. I personally am all for a translator, i know usually when a foreign language tease comes up, i always wonder what it says and i have to wait and wait for a translation, and sometimes it doesnt come....but i say just ask the author to do a translation if you see one you think would be worthwhile to translate
Give Her what She wants.... in return, get everything you need
all2true
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Slave
Dom/me(s): Looking for a dom/domme
Sub/Slave(s): I am a subby!

Post by all2true »

Might also be cool
to translate from english into anouthe language ??
airoverwater
Explorer
Explorer

Post by airoverwater »

Aye, thanks folks for the advice. I've already asked one Spanish author, and received no reply. I also have my eye on a Portuguese tease, but I haven't seen anything recent from that author so I kind-of doubt I'll get a response. I suppose if asking doesn't produce a response, I'll just make damn sure to quote my source on both the first and last pages, and we'll all assume my version of the tease will be instantly removed if there are any complaints.

All2True- (1st off, I already recognize your name because you've written some awesome teases, but anyhow...) I was born in North Carolina. I was fortunate to happen upon some ability to understand foreign languages, but trying to translate English -> Whatever is going to be difficult. But I'm not scared, throw me the name of an English tease and with what language you'd like to view it. Probably won't work out, however, I'll give it a shot...

Thanks again guys, for the advice-
Air/Water