how long can he be in a cage?

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
Nica
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

how long can he be in a cage?

Post by Nica »

Hi! You guys are probably experts in this :-P Is there any danger in leaving the cage on him for a long time? Like how many days is safe? What can happen?
I know it has to fit right and such, so im asking if its used right.
Thx! :wave:
RandomName
Explorer
Explorer

Re: how long can he be in a cage?

Post by RandomName »

Assuming you're referring to a chastity cage there are a few things worth noting

1st: The penis is made of muscle, just like any muscle, lack of use will cause it to shrink. Now, ultimately assuming he were eventually released from the cage for an extended period of time it would grow back to it's normal size. (The growing back is not something I have any scientific reading on, it's based on logic and individual reports I've read.)

2nd: The bigger concern in my eyes is lack of ejaculation. While it is quite a difficult topic to research, the research we do have can be summed up with "Ejaculation is good for you". From what I've read a man should be ejaculating at least 7 times a month. Primarily this is because the orgasm flushes out plenty of toxins and shit, as well, excessive build up of fluid can end up causing problems for the prostate.

3rd: Depending on the design of the cage, you'll be needing to remove it relatively frequently in order to wash the penis. Even for a circumsized penis, bacterial infection can be a real concern.

Other than problems that arise from improper application, that's all I can think of (for physical problems anyway, psychological problems are a different ballgame all together).

So, assuming he can ejaculate from anal, or from vibrator on the cage of something. You have the right cage design, then the only physical concern I am aware of is the shrinking, which in theory should fix itself in the event he stops wearing a cage.

It's worth noting that from what I've seen I air much more of the side of caution compared to others on this site.

I hope this helps:)

Hopefully this helps. :)
Bonkgr
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Bonkgr »

I second most of what Random said, and I'd like to add a few things.

I think the research is lacking as far as ejaculation frequency is concerned (I've certainly never heard anyone put a minimum number on it before). I'm not saying that Random is incorrect, just that anecdotally, there are plenty of men who practice long-term denial and suffer no ill effects that I'm aware of.

As I said, I'm not aware of any formal medical research, so proceed with caution.

As far as the cage is concerned, it is also a matter of preference and negotiation between the wearer and the key-holder. I feel that it helps to build up to longer periods of wear. I also have found that removal for cleaning is a necessity every 1 to 2 weeks. Others have claimed that they are locked 24/7, and can go months without a hygiene break.

As far as shrinkage, that can certainly happen over longer periods of time. Our bodies adjust and adapt to their surroundings. Some people want that to happen, while others try to avoid it. Once again, it's down to a negotiation between the wearer and the kh. Personally, I'm not into the shrinking thing; so, if I ever have a kh, I would negotiate a weekly cleaning/teasing session. I figure that, even if it's only once a week, that stretch will prevent atrophy (once again, that is an opinion, not a fact).

The bottom line is that the wearer needs to feel comfortable communicating with the kh, especially if something isn't feeling right. Even the best fitting cage can cause problems over time; and sometimes you may simply need to take a break, heal, and make some adjustments before locking it up again.

As long as it's safe and consensual, there is no wrong way to play (and don't let anyone tell you anything different). Have fun, and be safe!
Stop the violins! Give pizza chants!! Shave the whales!!!
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

First of all, the penis is not a muscle. There is a muscle at the base, that's it. So you do not have to train it like a muscle. The penis contains tissue that is filled with blood to erect the penis. Whether the penis shrinks over time, I don't know. I don't know of any medical sources for that, some people in the scene do claim that. There is no muscle tissue going away, the penis will also still go hard some times, but not be able to grow to its usual size. It might cause it to shrink, could also just be psychological, that it doesn't get as hard anymore. That won't happen by keeping the penis in a cage for a few weeks or so, if it happens, it'll happen over months.

Second, it is healthy to ejaculate now and then. In theory, it is possible to ejaculate without orgasm, but it is not easy to achieve. It's not like a man will die from not ejaculating though. Sperm might flow out at some points or will be dissolved by the body. But there are health benefits from flushing the system through once in a while. But doing it every few weeks on average is probably fine.

My problem personally with cages was the restriction of blood flow to the skin of the ball sack. If the cage is lose, I can get out quite easily. Which I won't do but the idea that I could is turn off. And if it is tight enough to keep me on when limp it can get so tight that blood flow to the skin is restricted, it gets uncomfortably cold and might cause issues in the long run.

Also, there is the question of hygiene. I would recommend to get it out to wash properly at least every other day.

I would recommend to start slow, like with a few hours or a day, and see, how it goes. Also, if you do it for a while and then have a recovery phase, makes a huge difference.
ICBMinthehouse
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by ICBMinthehouse »

Nica wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:45 pm Hi! You guys are probably experts in this :-P Is there any danger in leaving the cage on him for a long time? Like how many days is safe? What can happen?
I know it has to fit right and such, so im asking if its used right.
Thx! :wave:
If maintaining fertility is important to you, you should not keep him in a cage for more than a month at a time, and should ensure that the area remains clean and the ballsack remains unrestricted for the most part. If you notice change in colour of the testicles or ballsack (such as the proverbial "blue balls"), you have the cage on too tight and should loosen it as soon as possible. Wearing the cage for less than a month at a time will also prevent any possible penis shrinkage, although after a while he may have erectile dysfunction. Under this, maybe have him in a cage for a month and then leave him out of one for a couple of days to a week.

If fertility and penis shrinkage are unimportant to you, you can have him wear the cage permanently, though again if you have large discoloration of the testicles, it may be wise to loosen the cage or find another cage. As long as you keep the area clean, there is no real need to allow him to ejaculate if you're okay with infertility.

Edit: with many cage designs, it is possible to clean the device without taking it off in the shower and/or bath by immersing the area in water and a toy and skin-safe cleaner. On a well-fitted device, the genitals should shrink enough for the water to clean the area without shrinking so much as to allow escape.

Have fun and stay safe!
RandomName
Explorer
Explorer

Post by RandomName »

I referred to the penis as a muscle since it is very easy to understand in the vein. But fine. Let's get science up in this bitch.

The penis is divided into three primary portions, the root, the body and the glans. The root of the penis is where the muscles are located, with 2 of the Bulbospongiosus muscle, and 2 of the Ischiocavernous muscle (one on either side of the Bulbospongiosus muscles).
The body and glans are both made primarily of tissue, the left and right crura and the bulb of the penis. The bulb is located in the centre of the root and is traversed by the urethra. Now, the the left and right crura are lateral to one another, attached to the ipsilateral ischia ramus, and covered by the paired ischiocavernosal muscles. From here, the erectile tissues will extend from the base into the body of the penis. The two crura will continue into the dorsal part of the penis where they form the two corpora cavernosa. The septum separates them, although often incomplete. The bulb of the penis forms the corpus spongiosum, which lies ventrally. The urethra runs through the corpus spongiosum. Now in order to prevent it becoming occluded during erection, the corpus spongiosum fills to a reduced pressure. Distally, the corpus spongiosum expands to form the glans penis.
Now, I could go into even more detail, but, that is the penis.

When the blood is unable to properly expand the corpora cavernosa repeatedly, as well causing pain due to it pressing against the cage. The body will eventually learn to send less blood to the penis.

In the event the cage is removed, it will eventually grow back to it's original size as the body relearns that arousal doesn't automatically result in pain.

Once again I do feel it's worth noting that despite conflicting results, some studies do pertain that more ejaculation reduces the odds of prostate cancer. One paper following 32,000 men determined that men who ejaculated 21 or more times a month had 20% lower chance of developing prostate cancer than men who ejaculated 4-7 times a month. Some papers report the same mentality of results, while others say it doesn't matter. However, borderline none say that ejaculation is harmful. So it's simply best to make certain of semi-frequent ejaculation at least. If you would like I can tell you more about the penis and the effects of ejacilation of the prostate.

People have noted reduced blood flow to the testicles to be a potential problem, and yes, that is true, however as your post states, you are assuming proper application and fit, in which situation, the blood flow will not be prevented.
Nica
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Nica »

Wow you guys are again really helpful with all of this information! More than enough details i think :-D

So you guys are saying it could shrink? Thats kinda funny if its true, but im not so worried about that or the fertility, I was more wondering about something potentialy serious that needs a doctor or something like that.
OK so, yes, I dont want him to smell anyway so I was planning letting him out like at least every few days, just quickly for washing! Doubt it will get clean enough without taking off, at least with the cage we have.

As for how often he needs to orgasm. 7 times in a month, that is like more than one time a week! Yeah, no, I dont think so :-P But ok, so its needed sometimes.. Using a vibrator to make him come in the cage is a fun idea!

Mainly youre saying if the penis is clean and is not squeezed or blocked then it should be fine? I assume he wont ignore his bits going black :lol: so yeah obviously if they look like theyre gonna fall off it is too tight.

Thx again guys youre amazing!! :love:
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

Nica wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:39 am
As for how often he needs to orgasm. 7 times in a month, that is like more than one time a week!
I don't use cages but I can provide some info about this.
It seems you believe orgasm = ejaculation and in my experience you are wrong.

If you are asking about ejaculation, this depends on age mostly. When I was a teenager I also believed orgasm=ejaculation (we get this stereotype because we are never introduced into possibility that it might not be the case), and my refraction period after ejaculatory orgasm was <5 min and I used to repeatedly have sex for hours.
Now, I am almost 40 and I am trying to have about 2 weeks between ejaculations. If they less than one week apart, I can feel it, I become less masculine (my willpower weakens, I guess because of loss of testosterone), my libido is not as strong (this is actually why my wife wants me to ejaculate more often as then our libidos about equalize; women naturally have lower sex drive and she either doesn't believe me I enjoyed sex as much if I did not ejaculate or has a kink for my cum that she doesn't want to admit) and my erections (especially morning woods) become rock hard if I don't spill for at least a week.

The reason why this changes with age is because producing sperm is one of biological priorities for the body (reproduction is one of most important bodily functions due to evolution - those who did not reproduce did not produce offspring and their genetic material was removed from the pool). Being so important, it will have priority to use resources (proteins, amino acids, zinc etc) over other bodily functions, and as man ages, our gut ability to resorb important nutrients from food is slowly decreasing. The sperm that does not get ejaculated will be resorbed and its nutrients recycled for producing fresh spermatozoids, reducing the need for those nutrients, that then can be used by other organs for repairs - that is why ejaculating too often leads to weakness, immune deficiency, diseases and premature death - this is something Taoist scholars have noticed very long time ago.

There is not enough research about this topic but I would say is safe to guess going into extreme on any side is not good, it is almost certain that there are beneficial effects of ejaculation on prostate, but I have noticed that even when I don't ejaculate, if I am well hydrated my prostate produces a lot of precum during stimulation; I am not sure if that type of exercise alone would be enough to keep it healthy.

Ultimately, I don't see benefit in using cage if you will be causing ejaculations more than once per week (unless he is a teenager whose body still can make full balls in a day). I have studied my own body and learned I feel "down" after ejaculating, if I ejaculate multiple times same day then next day I will almost certainly have low-energy-headache day where I will sleep at least 1 hour in afternoon and it will take me about 3 days to return to normal. After I have linked those events, I have started to enjoy the act of sex much more, as I realized I don't want to rush to orgasm (which gives me that down feeling) but to just enjoy the plateau, and thinking about all this energy and breathing it in instead of throwing it away... This approach and change of idea of sex was most important for me to allow me to have sex without getting too aroused and ejaculating. When from very start I don't expect to have ejaculatory orgasm and try to keep relaxed and enjoy the sex itself it allows the experience to be much more enjoyable, I would say I experience what they call non-ejaculatory orgasm. When it happens (this is practically the bliss feeling I get into after some 20-30 min of sex) I don't feel the need to ejaculate, and after my wife orgasms (or twice) she sometimes insists that I allow her to make me ejaculate (depending how long it was since last time), but when she doesn't I don't feel any tension, I feel rather fulfilled and my horniness and erection dissolve in about 10 minutes. This is only valid for sex with my wife, I have never been able to feel that satisfied if I masturbated alone and did not ejaculate.

Sorry for long post, I figured it might be helpful if you are very young and still learning and experimenting.
Nica
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Nica »

edger477 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:21 am
Hi and thx for your answer, i didnt know all that!
Im a bit older than you think maybe, im in my 30s but thank you anyway!! :love: Very interesting to read about your ecxperiences and it is encouraging me so that i shouldnt give in to him complaining lol :innocent:
No no i dont want to give him orgasm more than once a week, rather less. Then yes lol i agree what would be the point!
I probably have more questions later haha, so look forward to that :-P
bennygrimm
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bennygrimm »

RandomName wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:32 pm Assuming you're referring to a chastity cage there are a few things worth noting

1st: The penis is made of muscle, just like any muscle, lack of use will cause it to shrink. Now, ultimately assuming he were eventually released from the cage for an extended period of time it would grow back to it's normal size. (The growing back is not something I have any scientific reading on, it's based on logic and individual reports I've read.)
I'm not sure if you're doing RP or like, leaning into the fantasy that cocks can "shrink" but I just want to, out of character say that penises (human penises at least) are not, in any part, muscle. (Your pubococcygeal muscle, which, IIRC, contracts your urethra is not growing or shrinking based on how often you get hard, lol).

Penises are made of mucous membrane. They "shrink" or look bigger because they are spongiform, and vasodilation and other factors (cold, warmth, arousal, etc) lead people to have, what I refer to as a "good dick day" or a "bad dick day."

A man's cock cannot atrophy from lack of use (eg, if you put it in a cast for 6 weeks, it would get dirty, maybe even infected, but it would not lose girth or mass like your leg or arm would).

If you're able to keep the penis clean, and you have good fitment on the cage, chastity is reasonably safe long term.

"Shrinkage" is an adaptation that we've developed to protect our dicks. In Long-Term Chastity, if the cage is too small, your penis may recede a bit into the body, but that will go away after a couple days of use and full erection.
I'm moving some of my most popular stories to Amazon.

You can find out about the new stories that I'm publishing alongside stories from my friends at Hyperkube Publishing Co. –– Subscribe to our email list for exclusive deals and updates!

AnalSissyslut222
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Post by AnalSissyslut222 »

I'm not sure but myself, I went for 365 days wearing a cage. Now I choose to wear it and it rarely comes off (during the full year I would take it off only to shave things smooth, which means two-three times a week, for a period of no longer than five minutes)
Because of the design of the cage i wore, cleaning was easy and only needed liquid soap/shower gel and a cloth strip, which i did daily. The reason behind why i did it is pretty simple. I'm a sissy, and sissy's don't fuck. Sissy's *get* fucked. By the six month point i could sissygasm (thats hands-free, no vibrations or stimulating the penis) almost every time I masturbated with my toy. And being in chastity, I masturbated a LOT, like daily basis.
Anal-only sissyslut
stallionBoi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by stallionBoi »

Bonkgr wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:12 am I feel that it helps to build up to longer periods of wear.
Experimented with rubber cock rings for years before finally getting my first real cock cage.

Just like the rings, I found my body gradually gets accustomed over time, so much so that you can forget you're wearing it - Until the slightest sexual thought gets rewarded (or punished!) with a firm, gripping squeeze.

I've heard that once a guy's body is completely trained, a mistress may even remove the cage for a week or so - Just so he can feel the intensity of being slammed back into the cage again.

AnalSissyslut222 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:10 pm By the six month point i could sissygasm (thats hands-free, no vibrations or stimulating the penis) almost every time I masturbated with my toy. And being in chastity, I masturbated a LOT, like daily basis.
Learning how to pleasure yourself like a girl is incredibly frustrating, offering endless hours of fun!
Princessbri
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Mistress

Post by Princessbri »

Hi! I LOVE locking my little boys in a cage for a multitude of reasons and frankly time should be your last concern. You just have to make sure you communicate with them about how they're feeling. So long as they're frustrated and horny, they're okay. If you're able to be present when they shower, they can be unlocked. If not, most cages they can still clean themselves thoroughly while locked up. But overall, I try to train my little boys to be locked at all times and not cum at all unless I say so. Mostly it's a milking of the prostate to help the pressure, but otherwise they only get to cum when I say so, and with major ramifications 😉
Princess Bri 😘
stallionBoi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by stallionBoi »

edger477 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:21 am ...(she) doesn't believe me I enjoyed sex as much if I did not ejaculate...
...my erections (especially morning woods) become rock hard if I don't spill for at least a week.
A rock-hard erection is like a sharp instrument in your toolbox...
If there's a job to do, might as well do it right!

Princessbri wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:32 am I try to train my little boys to be locked at all times and not cum at all unless I say so. Mostly it's a milking of the prostate to help the pressure, but otherwise they only get to cum when I say so, and with major ramifications 😉
I'm a big fan of pleasureless ejaculations - Ideally humiliating or otherwise uncomfortable.
Being horny and on edge enables him to accomplish more in life.

Locked while showering can also be part of the process, when the temptation to play with it is just too great. Permission to stroke the cage for 2-5 minutes all soaped up is also deliciously frustrating.

Now that you've got my imagination running wild - For what other reasons do you enjoy locking boys in cages, Princess?