[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v1.30

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v1.30

Post by diogaoo »

The new version of Hero Corruption is out.

Hero Corruption v1.30

Changes:
Spoiler: show

STAMINA
  • Stamina has been fully implemented in all areas with the exception of the Castle
  • A couple of enemies' moves and events have been modified to accommodate the new addition

PERK SYSTEM

• Stamina perk tree has been added
  • Just like any other stats, you can now choose to improve your stamina
  • The stamina perk is focused on regeneration, unlike other perks which are focused on increasing the actual stats

NEW AREA: LAKESIDE

• Lakeside is a new alternate area, it shares the same map piece as the Deep Forest
  • This new region and its bosses will not be included in the Castle until it is fully developed
For now Lakeside has enemies and events similar to the Deep Forest, with the exception of...

NEW ENEMIES
  • Val: How do you work under pressure?
  • Naomi: Naomi is not just like any other boss, she really cares about you... Right?

OTHERS

• Added 1(?) new bad ending: Naomi

• Added a new scene when sleeping naked

• Honor discount is now applied progressively to shop prices

• Remade the Confusion status effect

• Added a stamina check when running from the girl at the deep forest event
  • Added a very low chance of triggering a flavor text when equipping an Anal Plug

BALACE STUFF

• Decreased the amount of points needed to upgrade all stats and buy itens

• Potions drops are now pseudo-random

• Removed escaping IRL timer
  • Decreased resting IRL timer 1s > 0.5s
  • Decreased exploring IRL timer 2s > 1s
  • Decreased Sophie Corruption check 30 > 25 and 20 > 15
  • Increased the amount of stamina required to escape the Amazon trap 90 > 100
  • Increased Emma's Attack 12 > 15
  • Increased Raven's Attack 15 > 20
  • Increased Rose's Attack 15~20 > 20~25
  • Increased Zoe's HP on both modes (N: 75 > 120) (L: 50 > 100)
  • Reduced Soul of the Chosen event trigger chance 10% > 7%

BUG FIXES
  • Fixed Mona sometimes skipping one of her moves
  • Fixed Kitty not playing the correct attack sound
  • Fixed Codex not displaying some enemies loot correctly
  • Fixed Score not being saved between runs

Version 1.35 is already out on Patreon:

New enemies, events, equipment, bad ending and more
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
edeioh
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v1.30

Post by edeioh »

Amazing!! I will try it as soon as i can. Great job!! :yes:
SpadeSage
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
I am a: Switch

Post by SpadeSage »

Is there a guide to this game anywhere? :-P Stalker girl always seems to wreck me.
FatherDarkness
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by FatherDarkness »

Couple of bugs:
1) It is possible to get the same boss spawning in the Deep Forest and Lakeside. Defeating one clears the encounter for both.
End result is mostly just a lower overall score for the run because you have one less boss that you face. Not sure if this affects what shows up in the castle or not because I haven't tried running through the castle yet.

2)Ella (Dark Woods) seems to be broken and doesn't progress through her phases.
I am a huge fan of the stamina system. It adds far more strategy to the battles. The new girls that have been added are excellent.

General feedback things:
1) Scarecrow - I feel like you should be able to wait and observe the scarecrow for as long as is needed for the encounter.
It is very uncommon to have it show up in the first place and is kind of annoying to wait and wait and then run out of time to trigger the encounter. Given how unlikely the encounter is, it would be cool if it could trigger in any of the locations.

2) The amount of content is getting huge. It would be nice for each run to go a little more than the 14 days, just to be able to explore a little more each time and not feel like trips to the city set you back too far.

3) Weapons get increasingly difficult to find as the amount of content increases.

4) Val's irl timers seem fairly long and easy to pass to me. If it is possible to have them be in a range of times that would make it a little less predictable.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

edeioh wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:24 pm Amazing!! I will try it as soon as i can. Great job!! :yes:
Thanks edeioh ! Please let me know what your thoughts later, I'm looking forward to it

----------------------
SpadeSage wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:32 am Is there a guide to this game anywhere? :-P Stalker girl always seems to wreck me.
Hi Spade, currently there's no official guide for the game, but you can get a lot of info by visiting the older threads, there's also the game's FAQ, I suggest you take a look at it if you haven't already

About Leah, the Stalker girl:

You should face her as soon as possible, you can tell that she spawned on your run even you haven't unlocked the Forest Map by reading the gossip from city folk or the warning that will appear at your base

Here is the deal with her:

The more days go by, the stronger she gets, her attack and hp increases, she also dodges more easily and has access to new moves, ideally you should defeat her on the 4th or 5th day.

During the fight, try not to attack while she is "Watching you closely", as this will increase her dodging rate and move set
Follow these steps and you should be fine ;-)
---------------------
FatherDarkness wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:28 am Couple of bugs:
1) It is possible to get the same boss spawning in the Deep Forest and Lakeside. Defeating one clears the encounter for both.
End result is mostly just a lower overall score for the run because you have one less boss that you face. Not sure if this affects what shows up in the castle or not because I haven't tried running through the castle yet.

2)Ella (Dark Woods) seems to be broken and doesn't progress through her phases.
I am a huge fan of the stamina system. It adds far more strategy to the battles. The new girls that have been added are excellent.

General feedback things:
1) Scarecrow - I feel like you should be able to wait and observe the scarecrow for as long as is needed for the encounter.
It is very uncommon to have it show up in the first place and is kind of annoying to wait and wait and then run out of time to trigger the encounter. Given how unlikely the encounter is, it would be cool if it could trigger in any of the locations.

2) The amount of content is getting huge. It would be nice for each run to go a little more than the 14 days, just to be able to explore a little more each time and not feel like trips to the city set you back too far.

3) Weapons get increasingly difficult to find as the amount of content increases.

4) Val's irl timers seem fairly long and easy to pass to me. If it is possible to have them be in a range of times that would make it a little less predictable.
Thanks for the feedback Darkness, It's always nice to have your opinion

About the bugs:

1) Although this is not intentional, I believe that it is easier to create new bosses in the next update than putting a band-aid solution. Thanks for bringing this up, I will focus on creating these new enemies.

2) Fixed ! Thank you !
And the sugestions:

1) Souls are supposed to be extra-rare and scarce, that's why it's so hard to get this one in particular. The initial idea is that it should be almost impossible to succeed in the event if the player found it in the afternoon.
Your suggestion has appeared a couple of times already, and I had preferred to leave it the way it is, giving the player an option of gambling their time or skipping the event completely, that's where the difficulty of the event comes from, otherwise it would just be a huge buff for free.

2) This has crossed my mind more than once, and it's definitely something that I'm considering.

3) I completely agree, I added a new event to make things easier in version 1.35, but I believe that wasn't enough, it's definitely one of my priorities.

4) As Val's stages progress, the player's action should be faster, I made this decision to avoid ranged timer in this particular encounter to see if it would be better received, as I've already read a couple of criticism regarding Amy and Bea and their ranged timers, which in my opinion are very relevant, since the minimum value can be quite fast and the maximum value very slow.
Because of that I discarded the ranged timer on Val's encounter, but I do get your point, and I agree that a little more variety would do her good. (Or maybe I'm overthinking this and should just adjust the range value :-P)
Play Hero Corruption 1
EdgerAlc
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
I am a: Submissive

Post by EdgerAlc »

I have a quick question.
This was in the last version but I got the hero's soul (soul of the chosen?) or whatever it's called and then not long after gained corruption, then it didn't take long before the tease ended, saying my character became a normal person or something like that.

So my question is, is there a general time limit to the tease or did that happen because I gained corruption while having the hero soul?
I had only explored the 2 first areas and it had only been a couple days, maybe about 2 weeks in game.
CalXilos
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by CalXilos »

Quick question, why can't I seem to trigger Kelly's bad ending?
LancerKnight
Explorer
Explorer

Post by LancerKnight »

Overall, you've done an incredible job with this tease, and it's been great watching it expand with each new update. I haven't posted feedback in awhile because I've been that impressed with the direction things are going with the tease.

One quality-of-life suggestion I have is to allow accumulated points to carry across different versions instead of wiping them each time. I find that I like to play the latest version you release, but it always takes a significant amount of time through the forest to gather enough points to get to where I was previously, and sometimes I don't have time to do that, so I might avoid playing a new version for awhile. If the points carried over, you can be sure I would be eagerly playing each new release and I'm sure many others feel similarly
Frank21
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Frank21 »

Hello, I am realy enjoying this one however I haven't been able to find Naomi yet. Where is she?
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

EdgerAlc wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:19 pm I have a quick question.
This was in the last version but I got the hero's soul (soul of the chosen?) or whatever it's called and then not long after gained corruption, then it didn't take long before the tease ended, saying my character became a normal person or something like that.

So my question is, is there a general time limit to the tease or did that happen because I gained corruption while having the hero soul?
I had only explored the 2 first areas and it had only been a couple days, maybe about 2 weeks in game.
Hi Edger, there is indeed a time limit, each run has 15 days, if you manage to reach the end of the 14th day, the run will be finished and you will receive your points.

--------------------
CalXilos wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:29 pm Quick question, why can't I seem to trigger Kelly's bad ending?
To unlock Kelly's Bad Ending your

Stamina must be at or below 20, when that happens, Kelly will ride the Hero cowgirl style, reach the climax about four times and the bad ending should be triggered.
-------------------
LancerKnight wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:21 am Overall, you've done an incredible job with this tease, and it's been great watching it expand with each new update. I haven't posted feedback in awhile because I've been that impressed with the direction things are going with the tease.

One quality-of-life suggestion I have is to allow accumulated points to carry across different versions instead of wiping them each time. I find that I like to play the latest version you release, but it always takes a significant amount of time through the forest to gather enough points to get to where I was previously, and sometimes I don't have time to do that, so I might avoid playing a new version for awhile. If the points carried over, you can be sure I would be eagerly playing each new release and I'm sure many others feel similarly
I'm glad you're enjoying Lancer

Yeah, I'm sure this feature would add a lot to the game. However, each version of Hero Corruption is a completely new tease, so I believe that this function is not possible without an extremely complicated code, which has its own downsides in addition to the difficulty of writing it.

To solve this situation, Hero Corruption 2 is being developed on another platform that makes things a little more accessible, and while it's not ready, you can always use the cheat code:

laura gurl best gurl
Just type it instead where it should be Hero's name to guarantee some extra points and have a headstart in your first run

--------------------
Frank21 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:48 am Hello, I am realy enjoying this one however I haven't been able to find Naomi yet. Where is she?
Naomi is a new boss in Lakeside, she replaces Helen in the new area. But she doesn't spawn on every run, you may found either her, Maxine or Sasha
Play Hero Corruption 1
spaisin
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by spaisin »

Nice additions, yet again :-) Played a few rounds over these days, wrote down comments / bugs as they came by, so they're not that coherent - sorry for that. Also, no need to write a full reply, I appreciate the openness, but your time is better spent designing new content :yes:

Can't decide what is spoiler-worthy, so, everything:
Would it be possible to separate a "per Game Round" and a "per Fight" save in normal mode? As in, one would load "Day one" of any save; it wouldn't need all that many variables separated. In essence, some way to reset the current round to day 1.
For use cases:
- Not having to find an end to a failed run
- Debugging oneself out of a loop bug (I haven't ran into a jamming one, but Rose got close..), or just any general bug.

It seems I'm not spending much time in Swamp or Dark Forest, so I can't really say anything about those. Just sniping the bosses at suitable times and farm the lesser regions.

The wait-for-stamina mechanic makes the 20% lust restore stupidly powerful, probably the same for the health; I didn't try the HP one. They make all "normal" fights basically impossible to lose. Not that the fights are all that normal anymore, so it might actually not be an issue, but still.. :-)

Other point about stamina, might be subject change, but as there's usually no reason to go below 80 stamina, the interesting things you're implementing for low sta states aren't going to be seen often. Sure, the idea of bursting something down is tempting, but the 4-hour rest afterwards isn't.. :-)

Resting at tavern restores only the "normal" 20 sta? Sometimes I think it doesn't restore sta at all, in fact, I'm not entirely sure if it ever does... :-)

Map prices can go negative: Grove map, forest map, cost -1 gold with honors

Lich's Grasp + Rose; get knocked out, the rest of the fight is mostly staring at a slow "You passed out" - message, as you pass out from every move. Not only that, but you can't lose the fight - lust just keeps building past the max.

Losing to Mona seemed a bit broken; resisting the "final offers" ended up back in the fight. (Also - Not sure if the restrain is supposed to stay on after getting up via the "normal" resist, but it did)

Escape > the text "Trying to escape" doesn't scroll on my screen for some reason, only the top of it is visible until manual scroll.

Amy: At victory "You managed to get you clothes back" while I never lost them in the first place.
Amy: Losing clothes now requires to actually lose the fight? I was getting rode for quite a while and still left the party dressed.
Amy: I lost a fight, messed about in between, but the next fight with Amy started confused.

Kira spelling errors:
Kira up to something (missing the "is")
I'm gettting tired of this (triple t)

She also likes to hide behind the visions a bit more than seems intended.

Attack-perk stuns seemed rare, but that may be just due to halving the amount of attacks, less lucky chains that way. Or maybe they're not applied to some fights at all after the sta changes?

Suzie: "What do you think os my panties" ('os' should be 'of')
Damage at Suzie was half of expected, normal attack was doing 20, strong 30, with +4 from Score point and +6 from perk to 20 nominal, 40/60 kinda expected.
Also, stamina level didn't reduce the damage; weird differences, maybe intentional? The halved damage makes the fight pretty rough; At that state the 20% lust-reduction seems rather mandatory. On my winning run, I did have it, and 27 damage, and I was running into the limit where lust starts to accumulate even when resting every other turn, before the fight was over. For both handjob and creampie, I think, creampie was at 46 after the win... war of attrition :-)

As you were discussing the timers for timed events; if it's a repeated thing, like a fight where you're expecting it, I wouldn't mind a randomly zero timer either - the opponent just was faster. But the timers where you don't really expect them should be a little forgiving (exploring swamp for example). For fights it isn't usually a big deal to miss one anyway, and it might open up some "lively events", suitable mocking and whatnot.
mOlOtof
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by mOlOtof »

Hi there! FIrst off, I'd just like to say that I find your tease amazing and I appreciate all the efforts you are putting into this! I'm also trying to make my own here by taking a bit of inspirations from yours, but for now I just have a problem with the pictures I want in. I need a bank of images to represent a certain character, just like every characters in the village of your tease are shown (Waitress, Shopkeeper and so on...) but I simply keep searching and nothing satisfying comes up. What sites or ressources did you use? It doesn't even have to be nswf really.
Anyway, thanks for everything! :-D
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

spaisin wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:42 pm Nice additions, yet again :-) Played a few rounds over these days, wrote down comments / bugs as they came by, so they're not that coherent - sorry for that. Also, no need to write a full reply, I appreciate the openness, but your time is better spent designing new content :yes:

Can't decide what is spoiler-worthy, so, everything:
Would it be possible to separate a "per Game Round" and a "per Fight" save in normal mode? As in, one would load "Day one" of any save; it wouldn't need all that many variables separated. In essence, some way to reset the current round to day 1.
For use cases:
- Not having to find an end to a failed run
- Debugging oneself out of a loop bug (I haven't ran into a jamming one, but Rose got close..), or just any general bug.

It seems I'm not spending much time in Swamp or Dark Forest, so I can't really say anything about those. Just sniping the bosses at suitable times and farm the lesser regions.

The wait-for-stamina mechanic makes the 20% lust restore stupidly powerful, probably the same for the health; I didn't try the HP one. They make all "normal" fights basically impossible to lose. Not that the fights are all that normal anymore, so it might actually not be an issue, but still.. :-)

Other point about stamina, might be subject change, but as there's usually no reason to go below 80 stamina, the interesting things you're implementing for low sta states aren't going to be seen often. Sure, the idea of bursting something down is tempting, but the 4-hour rest afterwards isn't.. :-)

Resting at tavern restores only the "normal" 20 sta? Sometimes I think it doesn't restore sta at all, in fact, I'm not entirely sure if it ever does... :-)

Map prices can go negative: Grove map, forest map, cost -1 gold with honors

Lich's Grasp + Rose; get knocked out, the rest of the fight is mostly staring at a slow "You passed out" - message, as you pass out from every move. Not only that, but you can't lose the fight - lust just keeps building past the max.

Losing to Mona seemed a bit broken; resisting the "final offers" ended up back in the fight. (Also - Not sure if the restrain is supposed to stay on after getting up via the "normal" resist, but it did)

Escape > the text "Trying to escape" doesn't scroll on my screen for some reason, only the top of it is visible until manual scroll.

Amy: At victory "You managed to get you clothes back" while I never lost them in the first place.
Amy: Losing clothes now requires to actually lose the fight? I was getting rode for quite a while and still left the party dressed.
Amy: I lost a fight, messed about in between, but the next fight with Amy started confused.

Kira spelling errors:
Kira up to something (missing the "is")
I'm gettting tired of this (triple t)

She also likes to hide behind the visions a bit more than seems intended.

Attack-perk stuns seemed rare, but that may be just due to halving the amount of attacks, less lucky chains that way. Or maybe they're not applied to some fights at all after the sta changes?

Suzie: "What do you think os my panties" ('os' should be 'of')
Damage at Suzie was half of expected, normal attack was doing 20, strong 30, with +4 from Score point and +6 from perk to 20 nominal, 40/60 kinda expected.
Also, stamina level didn't reduce the damage; weird differences, maybe intentional? The halved damage makes the fight pretty rough; At that state the 20% lust-reduction seems rather mandatory. On my winning run, I did have it, and 27 damage, and I was running into the limit where lust starts to accumulate even when resting every other turn, before the fight was over. For both handjob and creampie, I think, creampie was at 46 after the win... war of attrition :-)

As you were discussing the timers for timed events; if it's a repeated thing, like a fight where you're expecting it, I wouldn't mind a randomly zero timer either - the opponent just was faster. But the timers where you don't really expect them should be a little forgiving (exploring swamp for example). For fights it isn't usually a big deal to miss one anyway, and it might open up some "lively events", suitable mocking and whatnot.
Hi spaisin, thank you for the amount of report and feedbacks, I fixed most of the bugs, however some had already been fixed in version 1.35. Here is the list of those that got fixed in 1.30 too:
  • All grammatical errors
  • Map prices
  • Lich's Grasp + Rose
  • Permanent Amy confusion debuff
Both clothing-related bugs with Amy take a bit more work, so they were fixed only in version 1.35, Lich's Grasp was giving me a bit of a headache for a while now, so I made a change that should fix all the problems related to it
Now, there are a few things I would like to point out:
  • I think the possibility to go back to the first day would be great, but to be honest I have no idea how this could be implemented, this is one of the reasons why I keep myself so active in the forum after the release of a new version, fixing possible game-breaking bugs. But I admit that Ideally they should not occur under any circumstances...
  • Yeah, high Stamina values ​​always pay off, no matter what's the occasion. This is one of the reasons why only enemies in early areas have these moves, to teach new players that low stamina is usually a no-no. In the future I have plans to explore this mechanic a little bit more in another way, ideally punishing players who keep their stamina too high in specific battles, forcing people to step out of their comfort zone a little, keep in mind that this will only happen in more advanced areas.
  • I just checked the code and the Tavern is apparently replenishing stamina just fine, I don't know what could have happened but I'll keep an eye on it.
  • Suzie's encounter was an early version of stamina, for it to be implemented in the rest of the game, I had to make some changes making it a little more dynamic, like tying the character's damage directly to stamina. This caused Suzie's stamina to became obsolete, but I also have no intentions of changing it, as her character was designed completely around the original mechanic... Maybe a little warning before the battle starts letting the player know about the differences isn't a bad idea.
And don't worry, these days after the patch release are entirely dedicated to bug fixing and communication, I like to chat with you guys to express my future plans and reasons why I did things in such a way. I also think that it's very important to read all opinions, be they bug reports, suggestions and/or criticisms, you guys are as responsible for the game as much as I am, and Hero Corruption wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the support from all of you :love:

------------------
mOlOtof wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:02 pm Hi there! FIrst off, I'd just like to say that I find your tease amazing and I appreciate all the efforts you are putting into this! I'm also trying to make my own here by taking a bit of inspirations from yours, but for now I just have a problem with the pictures I want in. I need a bank of images to represent a certain character, just like every characters in the village of your tease are shown (Waitress, Shopkeeper and so on...) but I simply keep searching and nothing satisfying comes up. What sites or ressources did you use? It doesn't even have to be nswf really.
Anyway, thanks for everything! :-D
Hey mOlO ! thank you so much for the kind words, I'm always happy to hear that Hero Corruption is inspiring creative players to create their own games

Like most of people around here, I use the pornpics website, there is a wide variety of albums there.
Sometimes I receive albums from other sites via DM, but the vast majority are from the website mentioned above.
Play Hero Corruption 1
Seispelas
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Seispelas »

Great version as always!!!

I wanted to ask, I had a run yesterday where everything was going great but I could not get to the Castle. I had the map and everything but once there a message said that the castle "can only be accesed once per run". However, it was definitely my first time there! Did I do something wrong or is that a bug?

Thanks for the game man, it's amazing!
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Seispelas wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:57 am Great version as always!!!

I wanted to ask, I had a run yesterday where everything was going great but I could not get to the Castle. I had the map and everything but once there a message said that the castle "can only be accesed once per run". However, it was definitely my first time there! Did I do something wrong or is that a bug?

Thanks for the game man, it's amazing!
Thanks Seispelas !

That's weird :unsure: It's the first time I've received this report since the Castle was implemented, I'll take a look at what might have gone wrong.
Please let me know if that happens again in another run
Play Hero Corruption 1