[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v1.25b

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v1.25b

Post by diogaoo »

The new version of Hero Corruption is out.

Hero Corruption v1.25b

Changes:
Spoiler: show

REWORKED BATTLE SYSTEM (Forest and Grove Only)

The battle system has been reworked in the initial areas, this is quite a big change, so let's break it down, keep in mind that this next topics are valid only for the Grove and Forest in v1.25:

• Stamina
  • Stamina range from 0 to 100, you can't increase the cap, at least for now
  • Waiting mid-battle regenerates your Stamina by 10%, while resting at base regenerates 20%. Sleeping in the base and Tavern fully restores it
  • Normal attacks cost 10 Stamina points, while a Heavy blow costs 20.
  • New attack type: Heavy blow
  • In addition to attacking normally and dealing 1x damage for 10 Stamina, you can use the new attack: Heavy blow, this will allow you to deal 1.5x damage at the cost of 2x Stamina
  • This may not seem like a good trade-off, but keep in mind that faster battles mean less time being exposed to addiction increase
  • New base damage formula

In a simplified way, the formula used in previous versions was a sum of the initial attack (attack), attack upgrades (satt & pattack), weapon attack (weapon) and possible buffs, such as stronger or weakened (buff):damage = attack+satt+pattack+weapon+buff
Status Effects were discarded in this example, but they are applied after the final value.
Here's the new formula: damage = (((attack+satt+pattack+weapon+buff)*(stamina*0.02))*(attack type))
  • The numbers Mason
Stamina is now directly related to the amount of damage your hero will inflict on their enemies
Here are some examples:
Previously, a hero with 10 attack and a dagger(+5) would deal 15 fixed damage. Now the damage remains the same if the hero uses a normal attack with 50 Stamina, but it would go up to 30 if his Stamina is at 100. If he chooses to use a heavy blow with full stamina, the damage will be 45.

On the other hand, if the same hero has 10 Stamina, he will only able to use a Normal attack, which will inflict 3 damage. The hero will also need to wait a turn in order to attack again. Additionally, 20 Stamina and below leaves the hero vulnerable to stronger attacks from opponents.
Now on to the other changes in this patch. This applies to the entire game, not just the first two areas:

AUTOSAVE IN NORMAL MODE
  • Just like in Legacy mode, all player actions will be saved at all times, feel free to close the game and come back whenever you want.
  • Exiting mid-encounter should not break the game, but it might replace the enemy image with a black picture temporarily, interrupt sounds, and mess with the loot, so please avoid doing that for now.
  • Remember that the game does not save in incognito tab

REWORKED SCORE CALCULATION
  • Common enemy bonuses have been removed
  • Increased the boss bonus reward from +5 to +10,+20,+30,+40
  • Being defeated by a Bad End no longer skips the bonus points screen
  • Added a +10 pity bonus to runs with a score lower than 10

NEW ENEMY
  • Diana: Someone had to keep Sophie company, and Diana has the perfect tool for that.

NEW LEGENDARY EQUIPMENT
  • Magic Dildo: Maybe this isn't the right way to use this, but should work

NEW MOVES
  • ANASTASIA
  • LAURA
  • KELLY
  • LOLA
These girls have some new tricks up their sleeve, you might want to watch out for that... right?

OTHERS
  • Added 2 new bad endings: Kelly, Diana
  • Added two new punch sounds
  • Added Kelly's Pics to the Shop
  • Added Diana's Pics to the Shop
  • Added more pics to dreaming
  • Escaping from the Amazons trap now checks the Hero's Stamina:
    (Stamina 90~100: Instantly free)

(Stamina 30~80: Trapped, can escape)

(Stamina 0~20: Trapped and knocked out)

BALANCE STUFF

Added a potion base minimum value: 20
Increased Mia's Lust check (Strip: 10 >> 25) // (Dominated: 40 >> 50)
Increased The Club force event threshold (Shemale Addiction 20 >> 25)
Decreased Maxine's base HP and multiplier (150>120) // (*15 > *12)
Increased Clarice HP 110 > 160

BUG FIXES

Fixed Maxine not dealing the proper amount of Lust damage
--------------------------------

v1.25b:

Getting caught in the Amazons trap decreases Stamina by 10 instead of depleting it
Increased all bosses Score bonus by +10
Increased Castle completion Score bonus 200 > 300

Version 1.30 is already out on Patreon:
Fully implemented Stamina, A new perk tree, new area, enemies and more
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
edeioh
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v1.25b

Post by edeioh »

Amazing!! I was waiting for it!
I will leave my opinion after playing it 3 or 4 times :D
Edgemycock
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Edgemycock »

freaking amazing!

diana :love: :love:
im fired up love the change to style in early rounds and the strategy we talked about is working well!
Enigmatic_switch
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): My wife

Post by Enigmatic_switch »

I haven’t played this game a long time. Great job !
I had to adapt with stamina, not easy at first.
I discovered
the Sissyfied ending and I love it :-P
Will you add another fetish in the futur (feet :love: )
Can wait for the next upload, before i will try to do better
(Sorry for my english)
edeioh
Explorer
Explorer

Post by edeioh »

Well, as always, i really enjoy this games!

Some maybe not too hard changes that id love to see (its just my opinion) are:
- More explicit shemale pics. I think that is the fun part of shemales :-P
- After each version (or 2 version, idk) change the women of the club (or some womens of the game). Idk if this is hard to do o not, but changing the pics/women give always a refresh to the game.
- If you cum at the tavern i think that it has to increase your attribute too.
Leah: I played the game 3 times, and i lost against her the 3 times. She surprise me in the base (Sometimes when i have no life or lust remining) and with this new battle sistem is impossible to defeat her. Or i am doing something wrong?

Club: I love it. I'd love that the game not end there... but i dont have a recomendation of a different idea/ending haha. Maybe some punishment of corruption after each day.

The shemale of the dark wood, when she confuse you, maybe she has to start with 3 options of "attack". Since she is a stronger rival than Amy

New Battle Mode: At the begging looks harder than before. Even more if the girl have more life... but i will continie trying it.
Amazing work! Continue like that :-D :-D :-D
Somerfield42
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Somerfield42 »

Aside from no points being earned for defeating common enemies and the other changes you've highlighted, is the score being calculated the same as previous versions? I thought in previous versions if you scored 300, for example, that would give you 3000 points to spend on upgrades at the beginning of your next run? This time round I'm finding it very hard to upgrade the attack power of my character as quickly.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Edgemycock wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:07 pm freaking amazing!

diana :love: :love:
im fired up love the change to style in early rounds and the strategy we talked about is working well!
Glad you're having fun edge :love:

--------------------------
Enigmatic_switch wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:43 am I haven’t played this game a long time. Great job !
I had to adapt with stamina, not easy at first.
I discovered
the Sissyfied ending and I love it :-P
Will you add another fetish in the futur (feet :love: )
Can wait for the next upload, before i will try to do better
(Sorry for my english)
Thanks Enigma ! Stamina can be tricky at first but it should make your runs faster after you get the hang of it :-D

About new Addictions, this is one of the most frequent suggestions, but sadly, there are currently no plans for it, at least for now.

-----------------------------
edeioh wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:46 pm Well, as always, i really enjoy this games!

- After each version (or 2 version, idk) change the women of the club (or some womens of the game). Idk if this is hard to do o not, but changing the pics/women give always a refresh to the game.
Leah: I played the game 3 times, and i lost against her the 3 times. She surprise me in the base (Sometimes when i have no life or lust remining) and with this new battle sistem is impossible to defeat her. Or i am doing something wrong?

Club: I love it. I'd love that the game not end there... but i dont have a recomendation of a different idea/ending haha. Maybe some punishment of corruption after each day.

The shemale of the dark wood, when she confuse you, maybe she has to start with 3 options of "attack". Since she is a stronger rival than Amy

New Battle Mode: At the begging looks harder than before. Even more if the girl have more life... but i will continie trying it.

I really liked your suggestions! I'm a little apprehensive about the change regarding the tavern tho, it is supposed to be a safe place for the player to have a chance to recover

About Leah:

She gets stronger as the days go by, so if she came to you it's because a lot of time has passed and she's already too strong, it's almost impossible to defeat her if that happens.
There are some hints around the game when Leah is in the current run, as soon as you see them you should rush to defeat her, preferably before day 6
----------------------
Somerfield42 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:09 pm Aside from no points being earned for defeating common enemies and the other changes you've highlighted, is the score being calculated the same as previous versions? I thought in previous versions if you scored 300, for example, that would give you 3000 points to spend on upgrades at the beginning of your next run? This time round I'm finding it very hard to upgrade the attack power of my character as quickly.
The score system has been reworked to a more "linear" version: Players now receive more points for runs ended before day 15 when compared to previous versions, bosses also give more points than before. However, the amount of point received by common enemies has indeed been reduced. The cost of upgrades has been reduced in v1.30 to compensate this change.

And if you don't feel like grinding you can always use the cheat code

up to two times :-P
--------------------

A tip about Stamina if anyone is interested:
Remember that the higher the stamina, the higher the hero's damage will be, so it might be a good idea to keep it high, even during fights.
Play Hero Corruption 1
edeioh
Explorer
Explorer

Post by edeioh »

diogaoo wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:36 pm
edeioh wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:46 pm Well, as always, i really enjoy this games!

I really liked your suggestions! I'm a little apprehensive about the change regarding the tavern tho, it is supposed to be a safe place for the player to have a chance to recover

About Leah:

She gets stronger as the days go by, so if she came to you it's because a lot of time has passed and she's already too strong, it's almost impossible to defeat her if that happens.
There are some hints around the game when Leah is in the current run, as soon as you see them you should rush to defeat her, preferably before day 6
Thank you for your answer!
Just a correction. When I said to change the pics/women of the club, I actually meant the tavern.
clshngnr
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by clshngnr »

Found a potential bug, when I rested in the Tavern my stamina did not refill. I was completely caught off guard, I noticed Leah was part of my run so I rushed to face her and started the battle with only 30 stamina. Did I read the changes wrong? I thought resting at the Tavern and sleeping overnight reset the stamina. Other than that, I am enjoying the new challenges of this version.
edeioh
Explorer
Explorer

Post by edeioh »

How works "Broken" status?
For example, i was fighting with Kitty and suddenly he defeat me with that status while i have remining life and lust.

Kire: Btw, i really like the idea of Kire. I think she can be even harder and me you increase your attributes like the other womens.

Ancient Sword: I dont know if you did a change here... but i fight against 3 boses, then i enter to the castle a defeated 4 more boses and it didnt break. It just broke after that, in a normal fight.
Last edited by edeioh on Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xyl
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Xyl »

I didn't find anything about stamina in Hero Corruption 101. Can you explain how stamina works?
Does having less stamina make you do less damage? Do having less stamina make you more prone to falling? Etc.
fireballun
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
I am a: Submissive

Post by fireballun »

Dude, why bother placing so much frickin skulls when you try to "mess with the code". I'm not trying to steal your work man ;/ I just want some cheat mode. I played it a lot in a normal way btw.
Dangerousbanana
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Dangerousbanana »

Am I the only one confused by the new point system? Even without excluding the normal enemies, Its incredibly hard to gain any points. Instead of getting 4500 points for a score of 450, ive got 450 points for that. Did I do something wrong?
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by ritewriter »

Dangerousbanana wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:01 pm Am I the only one confused by the new point system? Even without excluding the normal enemies, Its incredibly hard to gain any points. Instead of getting 4500 points for a score of 450, ive got 450 points for that. Did I do something wrong?
I have the same issue. I assume it’s intention but I’m not a fan.The much lower point reward is a drag. I don’t want to play 15 times to finish the castle when I used to be able to do it in half the runs.

If the intention was to lower the points and the cost, then backpacks, clothes and blue potions are now way too expensive.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

clshngnr wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:01 pm Found a potential bug, when I rested in the Tavern my stamina did not refill. I was completely caught off guard, I noticed Leah was part of my run so I rushed to face her and started the battle with only 30 stamina. Did I read the changes wrong? I thought resting at the Tavern and sleeping overnight reset the stamina. Other than that, I am enjoying the new challenges of this version.
This is weird, stamina should fill up when sleeping in the tavern. I just checked and everything seems to be working, please let me know if it happens again.

-----------------------
edeioh wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:25 pm How works "Broken" status?
For example, i was fighting with Kitty and suddenly he defeat me with that status while i have remining life and lust.

Kire: Btw, i really like the idea of Kire. I think she can be even harder and me you increase your attributes like the other womens.

Ancient Sword: I dont know if you did a change here... but i fight against 3 boses, then i enter to the castle a defeated 4 more boses and it didnt break. It just broke after that, in a normal fight.
Broken status effect is an indication that a bad ending has been triggered, it can appear in many ways and in different situations, in Kitty's case, it happens when her lust reaches 100. You can check the FAQ for some tips on how to deal with Kitty

And I'm glad you like Kira's encounter, but I must say her difficulty has gone up a by a bit once the stamina system has been added :-P

About for the ancient sword, it has a small chance of breaking after every encounter. Using it in the Castle can be a viable strategy if you don't have another weapon, but keep in mind that it can break at any moment

---------------------
Xyl wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:02 am I didn't find anything about stamina in Hero Corruption 101. Can you explain how stamina works?
Does having less stamina make you do less damage? Do having less stamina make you more prone to falling? Etc.
I hadn't added stamina description in the codex yet because it was an experimental mechanic. (To be honest I have yet to add it in version 1.3 as well) :-P

However, everything you need to know about stamina is in the patch description, and yes, it plays a big part on the hero's damage and going under 20 stamina can put you in dangerous situations.

fireballun wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:49 pm Dude, why bother placing so much frickin skulls when you try to "mess with the code". I'm not trying to steal your work man ;/ I just want some cheat mode. I played it a lot in a normal way btw.
Hey fire! This protection is precisely to prevent changes to the game without my knowledge. I have no problem with the cheating itself, what makes me sad is that some people feel uncomfortable with an aspect of the game and instead of giving me feedback about it they prefer to cheat.

As you may have noticed, I value opinions and suggestions a lot, I think they are very important to ensure a healthy development of the game. So if there's anything in the version of the game that you don't like, please let me know so I can improve in the next versions, I can even help you with disabling the "cheat detection", but be sure to let me know what you think :love:

Dangerousbanana wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:01 pm
ritewriter wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:28 am
Indeed, I made these changes to guarantee a more linear progress, and it kinda worked, however, the grind has increased considerably.
In version 1.30 I lowered the cost of all upgrades to compensate for it, So v1.25 is actually a little more repetitive than I would like, but things are much better on the next patch
Play Hero Corruption 1