[GuideMe] Tease Downloader with EOS Support

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Re: [GuideMe] Tease Downloader with EOS Support

Post by RemiHiyama »

Looks like this might have issues with non-english characters?

Or at least, https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=54718 looks like it's working but then hits an exception and dies when it gets to the "downloading gallery" part.
Auto: Replaces selected instances of the word "not" with the word "definitely".
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

RemiHiyama wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:04 am Looks like this might have issues with non-english characters?

Or at least, https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=54718 looks like it's working but then hits an exception and dies when it gets to the "downloading gallery" part.
I'll look into this tomorrow along with another issue reported by Trusfrated and get an update posted as soon as I can.

Been a little busy with other stuff lately, and Horizon: Forbidden West came out yesterday and I'm itching to start it! :-D

PG
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Uploaded version 0.96c

I have corrected the problems in version 0.96b and uploaded a new version.
The links in the first post of the thread have been updated.
RemiHiyama wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:04 am Looks like this might have issues with non-english characters?

Turned out it wasn't the language characters causing the crash, but they were causing another issue so once the tease downloaded none of the images showed. Both issues are fixed in version 0.96c.

Enjoy!

PG
Last edited by PlayfulGuy on Mon May 30, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blah824389750732
Explorer
Explorer

Post by blah824389750732 »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:41 pm
Spoiler: show
blah824389750732 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:59 am
Here are the items you are looking for, each of which I tried the entire set first then just the first 5 IDs of each and 10 IDs of each and was getting errors somewhere within each Also I usually set it to "overwrite" the cache, at least for now until this download bug can be resolved:
IDs:
Set 1:
27694,42779,27694,27690,42449,27690,27678,40437,27678,27603,42643,27603,27120,11644,27120,27609,41035,27609,27636,41362,27636,27633,40232,27633,27624,22205,27624,27627,25413,27627,27147,27147
Set 2:
26615,26644,26564,26639,26618,26623,26622,26578,26048,24282,26589,26577,26572,26197,26556,26550,26456,26521,26479,26540,26464,27171,27155,27148,27143,27140,26764,27136,27133,26928,27108,24394,24387,17687,27099,27103,27098,27096,26828,27084,26961,27444,27426,20400,27419,27104,27378,27331,27343
Set 3:
53628,101953,642,112675,319474,110114,319471,108782,319470,112873,319449,2940,2880,2900,2920,2960,2980,3000,7740,2940,27564,33711,27564,27608,40442,27608,9285,3152,9285,27188,40901,27188,27751,41909,27751,27724,42847,27724,27587,23267,27587,27631,27631,27707,30773,27707
Screenshot of the error message:
Error-MV-DLv96.png
One last thing, not sure it matters but might as well mention it. Each time I load the EXE, I have to re-set where I want the downloads to go. Tried editing the Config file to ensure the settings I wanted, but when the app started it reverted the settings back to default.

PS, ran another test tonight and think one of my VPNs is causing the issue. Will need to do further testing, likely this weekend.
I've fixed all the issues you reported in this release (0.96a) so hopefully it's more stable this time.

I ran through all three sets of tease ID's you posted. The first set contained two teases that crashed the downloader. After fixing those issues I ran set 2 and hit another one that crashed the downloader. After fixing that issue I ran the third set and it ran through the entire set without crashing.

Note that during my testing I turned off image download, so I was only downloading the script and generating the XML file. There may still be issues with internet connectivity dropping during image/file download. I haven't looked into that yet.

Also, your sets of tease ID's all contain duplicate numbers, and the third in particular contains several for teases that don't even exist, and others that are marked as invisible. If you have enabled the option to automatically save the log files you can review the logs later to see which ones were not found or not visible.

Duplicate numbers are not really an issue since the downloader will find the cached html and/or EOS script, and either keep or overwrite the XML file according to your choice when starting the batch download.

And by the way, Thank You! The lists of ID numbers you supplied helped me to find and fix a number of subtle bugs. Most of these turned out to be limit cases where I was checking for most things that could go wrong, but not everything. This helped a lot towards making the downloader better, so Thank You! It's much appreciated.

Let me know if you find anything else.

PG
Glad to help! keep up the amazing work!
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Ambossli »

Hi,

I downloaded The Edging Center - V0.1

0 erros just 2 warnings and a lot of button color things
but if i load it in guidme nothing happens
the java code in the xml looks ok to me so that something should happen especailly if i jump to the second page but nothing appears any ideas?
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Ambossli wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:32 pm Hi,

I downloaded The Edging Center - V0.1

0 erros just 2 warnings and a lot of button color things
but if i load it in guidme nothing happens
the java code in the xml looks ok to me so that something should happen especailly if i jump to the second page but nothing appears any ideas?
I'm keen to try that one myself so I had a quick look. There was an error shown in the GuideMe log, caused by the downloader mangling some of the variable declarations in the init code. This is a known issue and is the next major bit of code I need to rewrite. It's pretty close to the top of the list now though.

Meanwhile, the attached zip contains the corrected XML. I marked the sections I modified with "PG Fix" so if you're curious you can search for that and see what was broken and how I changed it.

It seems to be working, but this one uses a lot of more advanced javascript so no promises.

PG

The Edging Center - V0.1.xml.zip
(104.31 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ambossli »

thanks

for the fast fix sadly there are more problems especally with getting the date or store it correctly not sure yet
maybe calling the right functions for it?

or is here somthing not put correctly in a variable? (there are a lot of these)

Code: Select all

Tease.prototype.setLastOrgasmDate = function (date) {
          	var lastOrgasmDate = date.toUTCString()
          	setStorage(ENUMS.LAST_ORGASM_DATE, lastOrgasmDate)
          	this.lastOrgasmDate = dateParser(lastOrgasmDate)
          }
also for edge holding it looks like the time isn't there. maybe the same problem like the above?
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Ambossli wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:52 pm thanks

for the fast fix sadly there are more problems especally with getting the date or store it correctly not sure yet

}
also for edge holding it looks like the time isn't there. maybe the same problem like the above?
Yeah, that's the code I was referring to when I said it used a lot of more advanced stuff, but I didn't do any testing of it beyond getting it to load and start properly.

I'll have a look over the next few days and see what else I find. I really do want to try that tease :-D , but maybe we'll have to play it online for now :-( .

PG
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

Hey,

first, thanks for the downloader...works great.

But I have a problem. I downloaded a tease, and the audio/beats don't stops after the page changes.

I got this part

else if ( action_type == "audio" ) {
                // An audio command implies a Sound.load() and Sound.play() (unless background is true)
                // but an audio command differs from sound.play() in that it only plays while on this page.
                // Sound files started with Sound.play() will continue playing until explicitly stopped.
                temp = 100; // Default volume
                if ( this_action.hasOwnProperty("volume") ) temp = getElement(this_action.volume); // Added getElement() to allow for variable references in volume property
                page.loops = 0;  // Is this an appropriate default?
                if ( this_action.hasOwnProperty("loops") ) page.loops = this_action.loops;
                Sound.load(this_action.file, this_action.id, temp); // Q: Why did I do this? A: Because it seems that's what EOS does.

// The following was modified in downloader version 0.93 to fix an issue in
                // tease Estim Challenge by lolol2 where the sounds didn't play.
                // The old code was left for reference in case the new method breaks some other tease.             

// Old code: If the audio background property is false do nothing
                //if ( this_action.background == "False" ) {
                //  // Then sound.play() is implied so...
                //  page.audio = this_action.file;
                //  page.soundVolume = temp;
                //  page.soundID = this_action.id;  // Record the id of the active sound in case a subsequent action alters the volume.
                //  if ( guide.isSet("DEBUG") == true ) jscriptLog(myName+"Set page.audio to " + page.audio + ", page.soundVolume = " + page.soundVolume + ", page.soundID = " + page.soundID + ", page.sound = " + page.sound );
                //}

// New code in version 0.93: If the audio background property is true set the volume to zero but
                // set the sound and soundID properties appropriately
                // The page audio, soundVolume and soundID properties are always set.
                // If a tease tries to load multiple audio files in the background
                // the last one loaded will always start playing unless subsequent actions stop it.
                if ( this_action.background == "True" ) temp = 0;
                page.audio = this_action.file;
                page.soundVolume = temp;
                page.soundID = this_action.id;  // Record the id of the active sound in case a subsequent action alters the volume.
But I don't understand what is "an audio command differs from sound.play() in that it only plays while on this page."
I did try replacing " Sound.load" with 'Page.audio', but did not worked.

All the sounds are background: 'False'

EDIT: Ok, just found this:

// If a sound is started it is persistent across pages.
      // It's not perfect, but as close as we can make it.
So I think that is it.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

avatarbr wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:50 am Hey,

first, thanks for the downloader...works great.

But I have a problem. I downloaded a tease, and the audio/beats don't stops after the page changes.

I got this part

else if ( action_type == "audio" ) {
                // An audio command implies a Sound.load() and Sound.play() (unless background is true)
                // but an audio command differs from sound.play() in that it only plays while on this page.
                // Sound files started with Sound.play() will continue playing until explicitly stopped.
                temp = 100; // Default volume
                if ( this_action.hasOwnProperty("volume") ) temp = getElement(this_action.volume); // Added getElement() to allow for variable references in volume property
                page.loops = 0;  // Is this an appropriate default?
                if ( this_action.hasOwnProperty("loops") ) page.loops = this_action.loops;
                Sound.load(this_action.file, this_action.id, temp); // Q: Why did I do this? A: Because it seems that's what EOS does.

// The following was modified in downloader version 0.93 to fix an issue in
                // tease Estim Challenge by lolol2 where the sounds didn't play.
                // The old code was left for reference in case the new method breaks some other tease.             

// Old code: If the audio background property is false do nothing
                //if ( this_action.background == "False" ) {
                //  // Then sound.play() is implied so...
                //  page.audio = this_action.file;
                //  page.soundVolume = temp;
                //  page.soundID = this_action.id;  // Record the id of the active sound in case a subsequent action alters the volume.
                //  if ( guide.isSet("DEBUG") == true ) jscriptLog(myName+"Set page.audio to " + page.audio + ", page.soundVolume = " + page.soundVolume + ", page.soundID = " + page.soundID + ", page.sound = " + page.sound );
                //}

// New code in version 0.93: If the audio background property is true set the volume to zero but
                // set the sound and soundID properties appropriately
                // The page audio, soundVolume and soundID properties are always set.
                // If a tease tries to load multiple audio files in the background
                // the last one loaded will always start playing unless subsequent actions stop it.
                if ( this_action.background == "True" ) temp = 0;
                page.audio = this_action.file;
                page.soundVolume = temp;
                page.soundID = this_action.id;  // Record the id of the active sound in case a subsequent action alters the volume.
But I don't understand what is "an audio command differs from sound.play() in that it only plays while on this page."
I did try replacing " Sound.load" with 'Page.audio', but did not worked.

All the sounds are background: 'False'

EDIT: Ok, just found this:

// If a sound is started it is persistent across pages.
      // It's not perfect, but as close as we can make it.
So I think that is it.
When you report an issue with a tease please provide a link or the tease ID number so I can investigate.

I'm not clear if you have resolved your issue or not, but the main question I have is whether or not it behaves the same way if you do the tease online in EOS? Some teases are designed to work that way.

As you can see in the code comments I did make changes to that area in version 0.93 and left the old code for reference, so it's possible I broke something there. I haven't had that issue reported with any other teases so without a tease name or ID I can't be of any further help.

PG
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Ambossli wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:52 pm thanks

}
Okay, I've been digging into this one and sadly it's just beyond my ability to deal with right now.
To be honest some of the javascript in this one is at or beyond the limit of my present ability, and I don't have the mental capacity at the moment. It's just too much to wrap my head around.

From what I've been able to go through a great many of the functions defined in the objects the code declares need to be modified to work properly in Guideme, and the downloaders attempts to do so end up making things worse in some cases. It's almost better in this one to take the raw javascript from the initial tease and manually adapt it, but it's just too big a job for me to handle right now.

Sadly this one, and others like it may just never convert smoothly.

That said I will be working on the downloader code that handles the javascript conversion and will address as many issues as I can, but real life is throwing some things my way that I will be more occupied with for a while, so it will be some time before I can do any major updates.

I will continue to fix smaller issues as quickly as I can though.

Cheers,

PG
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ambossli »

No problem

I feared this after i looked at the raw javascript and thought that a rewrite would be the easiest sollution.

I might try to rewrite it should have a little time here and there the next 2 weeks
blah824389750732
Explorer
Explorer

Post by blah824389750732 »

Trying to download 54778 "The Edging Center - V0.1" (https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=54778). Running into issues with starting it in latest version of GuideMe, where I get a black screen. tried editing xml file to no luck and tried multiple download settings no luck.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

blah824389750732 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:22 am Trying to download 54778 "The Edging Center - V0.1" (https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=54778). Running into issues with starting it in latest version of GuideMe, where I get a black screen. tried editing xml file to no luck and tried multiple download settings no luck.
Yeah, that was reported earlier (see this post and following). Unfortunately that one uses fairly complex javascript that breaks in the downloaded tease and it's not easily fixable at the moment.

I've been away for a couple weeks, and am only slowly getting caught up on life stuff. I hope to get back to work on the downloader soon, but this particular issue requires a major rewrite of a key part of the code. I've also been in discussions with the GuideMe developers to see if we can get changes made to GuideMe that would make conversion of this type of tease a lot easier.

Stay tuned...

PG
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:43 pm

When you report an issue with a tease please provide a link or the tease ID number so I can investigate.

I'm not clear if you have resolved your issue or not, but the main question I have is whether or not it behaves the same way if you do the tease online in EOS? Some teases are designed to work that way.

As you can see in the code comments I did make changes to that area in version 0.93 and left the old code for reference, so it's possible I broke something there. I haven't had that issue reported with any other teases so without a tease name or ID I can't be of any further help.

PG
Sorry for not answer, I was doing other things and I forgot about that, since I thought was a limitation of the downloader.

The tease is The Curse Epilogue (https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=51095).

I tested the online version, and sounds stop there (tease even have some lines saying 'did you hear, no beats = no stroke' and the sound is playing :lol: ). I tested converting to metronome (need to edit the file to locate the files (spoiler below), and same thing happened.
1ps.mp3=60
2ps.mp3=120
3ps.mp3=180
no-4.mp3=240