[Tease AI Awakening] Announcement - A Sharp Awakening

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [Tease AI Awakening] Announcement - A Sharp Awakening

Post by markus »

Hi there!
avatarbr wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:40 am I think you just used a ramdom gif/video for that example, right?
No gif's, ... hell, nooooo gif's! ;-)
Let me explain, ... gif's are so outdated, and shown in a picture-box is eating performance, ... so you have a much better performance when you play high-res videos with this (Awakening make use of VLC-libaries) than displaying gif's.
I once tested to show 2 gifs in 2 picture.boxes at the same time and the result was awful, ... one gif is Ok and works fine, ... but performance-wise it's much better to use videos than gifs.

So yes, ... for the domme (and any contacts) you can select a folder, you also can have a list of folders btw., ... it's called 'Add domme media folder' instead of 'Domme images', which can contain videos or pictures, ... then a folder will randomly picked.
In this example video I selected just one folder with just one video, ... so it wasn't that randomly. ;-)
My idea was to make some categories (typing, teasing, laughing, etc), and call when need it. But the work to find a model with a lot of webcam videos and edit the parts (maybe 10/15 seconds each) made me give up.
Well, most of the times when playing with TAI it shows pics which are doesn't match the context in any situation anyway, except you explicity use tag-commands in the script.
So in the end it will be up to the user to find pictures that 'work' for him anyway, I mostly use such chat-pictures like shown in the video.
And I guess to play such small snippets like you describe it could look a bit scattered.

Anyway, there will be no tagging for videos, but all that I can say is that even some POV-alike videos maybe can work better than just some pictures, ... you will see once you test this on your own. :-)

i12step wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:12 am And I think at one point I saw a timer (Yellow background on the left hand side) show up for the "let's move on shall we", which of course I tried to click on. Not sure what your plans are for that? Punishment if you don't respond in time?
That is a 'hint' label, which is already optional, so if anybody don't like it, it could be turned off.
I personally often had the feeling while playing personalities that I am not sure when or if I could response, and that I missed some content because I've missed such opportunities.
So, this is a helping hint, it displays 3 things (if you choose to have it activated):
- Timeout Commands
- Yes or No ability to answer
- When an answer is expected

That label is also used for a new command '@ShowWait' which can display the left time until the @Wait - time is over.

I know it is early in the project, so a few questions:
1) Are you planning on utilizing the left-hand side conversation window? I prefer that to the "at the bottom" text
2) Will there be the lazysub app?
3) I noticed the reference to Win7. I am actually running on it, will I be ok to run this?
1. Not planned, but you are not the first one who ask for it. I hope you can understand that on my To-Do-List things are at the top which I use myself, and things which I never use myself are down below on that to-do-list.
I never used that side-chat, so, ... as I said before, every suggestion which is posted in this thread will not be forgotten, but it might take it's time, depending on the 'place' on my To-Do-List, ... I hope you can understand this and maybe you have the patience until I get to such things.

2. Also not high on top of the To-Do-List, but yes. :-)

3. Of course, win 7 is what I am running it on, developing it on, testing it on.
My one critique is that there seems to be some different colours being used for the controls and the grey/black contrast is a bit jarring to the eyes. Usually my focus is on the conversation and the media window and I think it would help if the other parts blended in more.
:-) ... Until now I have not made ANY effort on the design (colors and such) ... this is a pure 'Work-In-Progress'-Version.
So don't worry, the colors/design will change, and most probably there will be a way to customize the colors, so you can choose your own (like you can do in the original TAI).

Best greetings,
Markus
dark0512
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by dark0512 »

Hi Markus,

What's your timeline looking like for this? I just looked at the preview and it looks great. Any timeline on adding any testers?

Great work!
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

dark0512 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:49 am Hi Markus,

What's your timeline looking like for this? I just looked at the preview and it looks great. Any timeline on adding any testers?

Great work!
Hi and THX!

A difficult question.

Let's start with a little overview on how it's going with this project.
I am already playing sessions for over a month now, BUT with some commands not implemented, so sometimes a not handled command is displayed in the chat and since it's not handled it doesn't work of course.
In example until today the @CustomMode() wasn't implemented, but then this is nothing session-breaking.

I have only very few commands left to implement which I guess is finished in a few days, ... I am now talking about commands from the original Tai and not new commands needed for the feature wishes posted in this thread.

Then there are some issues I'm aware of which has to be sorted out (again, nothing session-breaking), ... after that there are some other features which should be included in the first, let's call it 'Basic-Version',... not sure how much time this will take, ... could be a few days, could be some weeks.
Such a 'Basic-Version' should already be able to play most existing scripts/personalities (I didn't tested Fury yet, so not sure about that, but HoT and MissBlue should work fine).

And now this is where I'm a bit undecided, such a basic version would some features not have included, i.e. the fullscreen mode and such, ... would it make sense to give it to the testers or wouldn't it be better to polish this thing up before?

Now back to your question... as you can see, it's not decided yet, ... in former posts I hesitated to give a timeline, ... but since I'm now getting closer to a testable version, ... no promise, just a cautious guess, somewhat between 3 weeks and 3 months maybe.

Best greetings,
Markus
rotta
Explorer
Explorer

Post by rotta »

Thank you for the status update, very much looking forward to the release. Or lack of release once it's released?

Take your time, just want to say your effort is much appreciated.
yky989
Explorer
Explorer

Post by yky989 »

Just also wanted to tell you that your effort is really appreciated! :)
great job
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by GodDragon »

I love that people try to improve on the original Tease AI because yes, it is very instable, limited and also the code is quite hard to read.
However, this might just be my opinion, because I created TAJ, but a TAI support for TAJ might be better, since it combines TAI with the advantages of TAJ. Such as: Java runs on most platforms such as Mac and Linux. Javascript allows for any advanced concepts to be implemented inside the scripts, such as Spicy can take control of Lovense toys without TAJ having that support itself.
If TAJ could play TAI files we could all focus on one build, on one software and it could even allow Javascript and classic TAI scripts to work together.
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

Hi GodDragon! :wave:
GodDragon wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:18 pm [...]
but a TAI support for TAJ might be better,
[...]
First of all, let me point one thing out, TAJ is an AMAZING project, period!
I am aware that you worked for years on that baby!
But now let's face it, ... how many personalities were scripted for it? (Not converted, but scripted for it?)
TAJ has soooo much more possibilities than the original Tai or Awakening will ever have, but I am more pragmatic, ... does a personality really need to have endless possibilities? ,... does any personality ever used those possibilities?
Whatever requests will come for Awakening from scripters, I'll do my best to fullfill them, ... the script-language invented by 1885 is - and that is my personal opinion - quite genius, it's much more easy to use than any java-script.
Such as: Java runs on most platforms such as Mac and Linux.
Awakening is a Windows app, like the original Tai is, there will not be any Linux or Mac version for it, if emulators can do the trick, fine, if not, tough luck, sorry.

Best greetings,
Markus
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by GodDragon »

markus wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:28 pm Hi GodDragon! :wave:
GodDragon wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:18 pm [...]
but a TAI support for TAJ might be better,
[...]
First of all, let me point one thing out, TAJ is an AMAZING project, period!
I am aware that you worked for years on that baby!
But now let's face it, ... how many personalities were scripted for it? (Not converted, but scripted for it?)
TAJ has soooo much more possibilities than the original Tai or Awakening will ever have, but I am more pragmatic, ... does a personality really need to have endless possibilities? ,... does any personality ever used those possibilities?
Whatever requests will come for Awakening from scripters, I'll do my best to fullfill them, ... the script-language invented by 1885 is - and that is my personal opinion - quite genius, it's much more easy to use than any java-script.
Such as: Java runs on most platforms such as Mac and Linux.
Awakening is a Windows app, like the original Tai is, there will not be any Linux or Mac version for it, if emulators can do the trick, fine, if not, tough luck, sorry.

Best greetings,
Markus
Thank you for your praise!
I actually struggled a lot with the limited concepts TAI provides, since it requires a lot of copy paste, thus unneccsary work and especially when changes are introduced every section has to be changed. TAI just contradicts/does not allow for many programmatic patterns.
Thus why I suggested support for TAI in the java version instead, which would combine the two upsides and we could focus on one big project. I get where you are coming from and of course I appreciate what you are doing so much. It's too late now anyway. If I ever find the time, I will add TAI support to TAJ though.
I know that not every personality would use the endless possibilities Javascript provides, however Spicy already does many things that would have been so much more complicated if not impossible in TAI (for example storing your Chastity Lock Combination Image and deleting it after you have unlocked, even exposing a local webserver so you can directly upload the image from your phone). It's just neat what one can do, and I think a lot of personalities would heavily benefit from Javascript addons. I mean controlling Lovense stuff as well would be great to have in many personalities.

I am a Windows user for home stuff, so it's good but that is just another advantage of TAJ, that it runs on any systems and I have dealt with quite a few Mac users in the past years trying out TAJ.

I wish you and your project only the best and I hope you are able to release a more stable TAI!
Greetings
GodDragon
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

Hi everybody! :wave:

It's around a month ago since I've posted an update on how this project is going, time for another one I think.
GodDragon wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:27 am It's too late now anyway.
It really is since I've gone too far with this project by now.
I wish you and your project only the best and I hope you are able to release a more stable TAI!
Thank you, this really means a lot to me, I also wish you the best for TAJ, and who knows, maybe in the future both projects can somehow profit from each other anyway, but I guess first I have to make my way with this project.

And now back to the update...
Well, to make it short, ... if nothing crazy or totally unexpected happens, a first round of a closed testing of the what I would call the 'first WiP-Basic-Version' of Awakening can start this week. :yes:
Since I'll have a busy week ahead in real life, not sure when exactly, maybe it will take till the weekend, we will see.
I will contact those of yours who offered testing this via PM.

I have started this project exactly at the 1st of September last year, now, 8 months later, I am really looking forward to see it leave my home, to get your feedback, to hear what you think of it.
Let me be honest :innocent: , it started as a selfish project, I wanted to get a better working Tai which doesn't eat up my script lines, I didn't started this to get fame or as many downloads as possible, it started as a project which I wanted to have for me to use it on my own, to play with it.
But now that I am playing with it for a while, I can't wait to share it with this amazing community, hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I do.

It will still take a lot of time until I would label it as 'final', months, maybe a year, ... well the closed test will reveal if it's doing it's 'basic'-job till then,... but you can be sure that I will keep on working on it, no matter what, no matter if the first version got bugs, no matter if some users don't like it (feedback will be always welcomed), no matter if the download count or the amount of feedback is low. :-D

That said, I'm looking sooo much forward for the testing round, I hope you guys are still up for it?!

Very best greetings,
Markus
i12step
Explorer
Explorer

Post by i12step »

Thanks for the update Markus. Looking forward to testing it out!!
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

Hi everybody! :wave:
markus wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:38 pm ... if nothing crazy or totally unexpected happens, a first round [...]
Well, sometimes software development is a bitch, especially when using external libraries.
In this case it's about juggling with many instances of a video-player.
I ran into a problem with multiple videos, ... and started to rip my code apart, searched up and down, back and forth, no problem found, ... then searched the internet until I finally found some 'known issues' of the libs I'm using. :rolleyes:

In short, and without much more technical 'blabla', ... I will have to make some major changes to it, using other players for now, have to rewrite this and that.

Since I wanna solve this as quickly as possible, the windows media player will get involved (temporally, I really hope once I have reached some other, more important mile-stones, I can kick the WMP out again).

So, for now I just have to say sorry that the testing-version has delayed.
Honestly,... you wouldn't ever have recognized that issue when playing Miss Blue or HoT (when not using videos for contacts instead of pictures), ... only maybe in very rare situations in AliceMerged (@PlayCHC).
But video-playback is one thing I absolutly focus on in Awakening, so if that is not working as I want it to be, it don't let me rest until I'm happy with the result.

Well, that's the bad news, ... it will take a while longer, ... the good news, ... in between I've found some other little things which are already sorted out and fixed. :-)

Best greetings,
Markus
YagahKin
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by YagahKin »

I'm so happy you're working on this Markus, I'm new to the whole Tease AI concept and was having so much fun with your AliceMerged project the past few days. I found this post by mere luck while checking for an AliceAwake update. Just to be even more pleased by this post. best of luck mate I can't wait for you to share it with us. :love:
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

Hi all! :wave:

Holy shit, time goes by sooo fast! :-O
YagahKin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:37 pm I'm so happy you're working on this Markus, I'm new to the whole Tease AI concept and was having so much fun with your AliceMerged project the past few days. I found this post by mere luck while checking for an AliceAwake update. Just to be even more pleased by this post. best of luck mate I can't wait for you to share it with us. :love:
Thanks a lot!
Ohhh, how much I envy you, being new on that path, you have soooo much things to explore!
Now you talk about an AliceAwake update, instead of an AliceMerged update, ... was that just good guessing?! :lol:

But yeah, an AliceAwaked is something I am already working on 'in between', but my main focus is still on Tai-Awakening for now.

Now for a little update to all:

To quote myself...
markus wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:10 pm Since I wanna solve this as quickly as possible, the windows media player will get involved (temporally, I really hope once I have reached some other, more important mile-stones, I can kick the WMP out again).
Forget that, I was kinda desperate in that moment I wrote that.
That motherf****** windows media player will not be involved in any way. :-)

I have rippped this whole thing apart, now using other libs and got it working like it should be.

About the closed testing, ...
I hope nobody of you who offered help for testing it will now get disappointed.
But to be honest, I've picked one tester out and a bit of closed testing is already running.
I think that can be understood as a good news as well since Awakening is now not only running on my PC only.
I've got a lot of feedback, and feature-wishes, some of them are already implemented now. 8-)

While re-reading this thread ...
Hermes888 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:59 pm The other thing is the impossibility to copy the string content from one variable to a other variable. This only seems possible with integers.
Well, depends on the version you are using, found this out because of the given feedback and some research on my own, ... here is a quote from the Awakening release-notes (yepp, already writing them ;-) ) regarding this:
Spoiler: show
@SetVarString[]
-> I.e.:
@NullResponse @SetVar[Strokes]=[#Random(10,30)]
@NullResponse @SetVar[Speed]=[#Random(60,100)]
@NullResponse @SetVar[Timer]=[Strokes]

The problem is this line:
@NullResponse @SetVar[Timer]=[Strokes]

Correct would be:
@NullResponse @SetVar[Timer]=[#Var[Strokes]]

This line is from the original Tai command guide:
"You can also set string Variables this way, such as @SetVar[MyString]=[lasagna]"

Now different versions of Tai give different results, ... when we take the example from the guide '@SetVar[MyString]=[lasagna]'
In the before-Fury-original-Tai-versions the value of the variable is: '0' (if the variable 'lasagna' doesn't exist)... so it didn't worked as it was explained in the guide, but that way it's used by some personalities.
Also it's impossible to assign a string to a variable with @SetVar[], it ONLY reads it's value if it's exist.

But in Fury, the value of the variable is: 'lasagna' ---> like described in the guide.

That means, using different versions of Tai leads to different results, ... which could lead to incompatibility.

I've thought a while about it and implemented this compromise to be as much compatible as possible to existing scripts/personalities AND be able to assign a string to a variable:
Let's say the variable 'Strokes' exists, THEN @SetVar will read it's value, if the variable does not exists, the value would be the given string.

The downside of this compromise is that if you would want to assign at another place of the personality the word 'Strokes' to any other variable, it would not be possible since the variable 'Strokes' exists and the value of it would be taken instead the word 'Strokes'. (This is only for @SetVar, @InputVar would work).
To bypass this problem I've added the command @SetVarString[], so even if the variable 'Strokes' exists, with @SetVarString[Whatever]=[Strokes] would work.
So, ... I'm quite happy with the version I have now and the state of it, but will need some more testing, ... don't hang your hopes too high though, what comes first will be definitely a 'basic'- / 'still work in progress'- version, so it should work with all non-Fury-scripts, but still lack of some features of the original Tai (i.e. honorifics are not forced yet, for tagging pictures you'll still need the original and so on).

Best greetings,
Markus
nvx
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by nvx »

Any ETA on when an initial release will be? A bare-bones player is perfectly fine to me as long as it supports video files for images (I strongly support your crusade against .gifs).
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

nvx wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:23 pm Any ETA on when an initial release will be?
Hi! :wave:

I have made that mistake once to give a timeline, I won't make the same mistake twice ;-) :
markus wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:50 pm Now back to your question... as you can see, it's not decided yet, ... in former posts I hesitated to give a timeline, ... but since I'm now getting closer to a testable version, ... no promise, just a cautious guess, somewhat between 3 weeks and 3 months maybe.
That was on Tue Mar 29, 2022, ... that timeline soon is up and still no release.

So, no, no ETA, ... it will not released until the testers (yeah, thankfully a second one is involved now) will find no more problens or bugs and until I on my own also doesn't find anything which has to be sorted out, ... right now 3 things on my to-do-list.

So I keep it with the good old saying... 'It's done when it's done'. :-)
A bare-bones player is perfectly fine to me as long as it supports video files for images
I am really looking forward to see if you will still call it 'A bare-bones player' once you have played it! :-P :-) ;-)
(I strongly support your crusade against .gifs).
I wouldn't call it a 'crusade', sometimes the usage of *gifs make sense, i.e. when it comes to those Blog-Images, then it can be nice to have something animated on the screen, to download a video file in those situations would take too long.
But yeah, .. for Domme- or Contacts- Media files videos are much better than *gifs. :-)

Best greetings,
Markus