Noob insertable estim ponderings

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
prw
Explorer
Explorer

Noob insertable estim ponderings

Post by prw »

Hi!

I just got interested in estim and am planning to build one for my partner, after experimenting a bit with a TENS machine..
Read the other posts here about 3d-printed insertables with coppertape..

Wouldnt it be much easier to buy an aluminium toy and use nailpolish to limit the connnecting area?

Nailpolish seems to be an excellent insulator:
https://community.element14.com/members ... -follow-up

For a butt-plug how much would you recommend covering up? What are the downsides of keeping the whole thing as a connector?
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Noob insertable estim ponderings

Post by throwawayacct »

Would not suggest aluminum fir a DIY, its too hard to find a safe alloy which won't leech ions or be affected by moisture. Commercially available plugs/probes are the best way to go for an insertable, and they've added a finish or spec'd a safer alloy so as to be non-reactive.

Copper for external is better, it's less likely to pass material to the body and conducts well as a tape. There's a reason we've been doing things a certain way...

Nail polish is one way to reduce surface area, though again, I suggest finding a body-safe polish for anything insertable. On the male side of things, the prostate is a motherfucking cancer magnet, so you really want to be certain with the things you're putting up in there.

Downsides to keeping a whole plug as a connector? Not really any. The smaller of a surface area you leave, the more intense and direct the signal can be. Since you don't really have a ton of nerve endings up there, you can really do damage without knowing.