Legend of the Psyons - Huge RPG Estim Project - Now open-ish alpha - Bug reporting and feedback

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Legend of the Psyons - Closed pre-alpha tester feedback & bug reporting

Post by nocnoc »

zo13ster wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:07 pm This game is amazing and I love it!
I want to spend every free second in it. I do hope to get more stimming time, to try it out further.

I was playing a warrior with an ET312 and the different pleasure patterns have a wide range of intensity even within the main city, but more noticeable during combat. My Stereo-Stim device should be ready tomorrow, so I'll test it again to see, if I can narrow down the difference.

I find the navigation a bit confusing an cumbersome. Here are 3 suggestions how - I think - it could be improved:
1. Change the displayed position to from XYZ to W/E, S/N, U/D
2. Give a quick overview what is which direction additionally to the text. Ideal on the button. Like "S: Temple", "E:Market street"
3. Remember which sub-menu the player was in, so you can look a lot of things in a row or travel with just one click instead of two.
I'm glad you are enjoying the game. I like your ideas. I'll probably implement idea one with the next update and some version of your second point sounds like a good idea for some key navigational hubs. Looking at things through the menus will unfortunately probably stay two clicks. In my early design experimentation, I did have a way to do it with one click, but it required things to get buried deeper into the Eos edit pages and thus it would slow down my development time more than it was worth. Thank you for the feedback.

The development for the next release (0.06) is well underway. It should be a fairly substantial one. I hope to have it out within a month or so. It will break existing save files.

I could still use even more testers. There is enough content now and so many game paths with different classes and multiple pathways for some of the quest-lines (and consequential dialog branches) that a small army of detail-oriented alpha testers is required. If you think you may be able to help or know someone else or other communities that may be interested, please have them message me.
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

Quick progress update...

I'm continuing to put a lot of time into the game and enjoying it a lot. The next update will be fairly substantial. I had fun making a new level 4 Psyon (spider demon) for the graveyard crypts. She replaces the skeletal warrior that was down there. (Skeletal warrior remains in northern graveyard.) This makes the crypts feel more special and adds some nice combat variety. A new immobilize effect was added to the battle engine for her web attack. I also added some player attacks that use this new feature. Too many other additions, fixes and tweaks to mention here already.

Yesterday, I started a major overhaul of the loot engine. It was badly needed. As the game grew in complexity, the loot engine became haphazardly bloated and very hard to work with. It was reaching a point that it was slowing down my content creation when setting the loot for Psyons, quests and containers. It struck me when making the new spider demon that I really needed to take a few days to tackle this. I'm about one third done. The new loot engine will be much more flexible, making loot far more interesting and also far easier for me to implement as new content gets added.

I'll probably be ready to push a new release in three or four weeks.

I only had five or six new testers sign up over the last week. I'm still looking for more. This is a perfect time to give feedback as the next few versions will probably mark the end of game mechanic alterations, as I transition from pre-alpha to alpha. Also, once the public alpha releases at some point, only testers will have access to the developer version with the cheat console and save from anywhere feature.

Back to work... :-D
thebears73
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by thebears73 »

I had a play the other day, got he stim signals set up well for the 2B and had a very enjoyable experience again. The game play is excellent, and ovce you make another release ill run through it again, Happy to continue testing.
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

thebears73 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:14 pm I had a play the other day, got he stim signals set up well for the 2B and had a very enjoyable experience again. The game play is excellent, and ovce you make another release ill run through it again, Happy to continue testing.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'd love to hear some details from you such as what class sis you pick, what level did you reach and how long it took you etc...

Woohoo... 975 lines of code later, and my new loot engine is complete and up and running. (Eyes glazing over.) It is working very smoothly with early testing. This will be part of the next release. I'll need to play a few times to re-calibrate the drop rates a bit, but I can already tell it adds a nice variety of loot and making future loot tables for enemies, quests and containers will be sooooo much easier. It also has more professional error checks that already pointed me towards a misspelled potion. The Psyons have their own unique tables as well as an automated one based on their level and elite status and a few other things. The two working together provide both variety and also a unique feel to each enemy.
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

Progress on V0.06 is going well. I hope to push it out in about two weeks. Could take a bit longer depending on my work schedule and how much testing I want to do myself before release. I've received some good feedback from several alpha testers last week. Keep it coming please.
Hopper725
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Hopper725 »

I’d love to test the game out if you have room for another tester. I have a 2B and a DIY device.

Thanks in advance.

Hop
elco-boy
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by elco-boy »

Sounds really impressive. I´m a gamer and a stimmer :-D
I´d love to try it!
THX for the work!
redfish
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by redfish »

hello i have 2b and i am more of a driver. I have been practicing estim for almost a year.
I am interested in becoming a beta tester of this new game
thanks in advance :wave:
Thinkbig
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Thinkbig »

Hi I also use a 2B and would like to test.
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

Version 0.6.0 of Legend Of the Psyons will push out by Valentine's Day or a bit earlier. That feels like a good target date. This will be a fairly major update with a mix of content (like new Psyons), game mechanics (like an encumbrance system, albeit a generous one), and behind the scenes code upgrades (like the totally redesigned loot engine). Given the substantial changes and the fact that I won't have time to test as much as I'd like (really there are just too many paths and combinations for one person to try at this point), I need more help from the alpha testers than usual. If you want to help out, just message me. You don't need to post here. I suspect many RPG fans would still enjoy the game even without estim if that's not your thing.

The last few days I've been working on totally rewriting the level up scenes (ascension) with Goddess Milovana. Her dialog has been hugely expanded and she is far more responsive to world events, quests, your level, her disposition and even your inventory in a few special cases. She was originally a linear encounter based only on level and had no disposition. She is thus now a sort of hidden romance mechanic and her disposition along with the other romanceable NPCs will determine the end game options once the Psyons are defeated in the main quest line. (The end game stuff is still a long way off as far as development time.)

Remember that this update will break existing save data, so if you have a playthrough that you wish to finish up, this is your week to do so as the link will automatically be updated to the newer version soon.

Thank you for all of the support and feedback. I hope you enjoy playing as much as I've enjoyed building this world.
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

I'll be pushing out the latest version tonight. This is a big update that will require a lot of testing. If you want to help with testing, please message me. The alpha tester link will update automatically. Updates will use a three number version system going forward. This update will break previous save data.

<<< Release notes for V0.6.0 Legend of the Psyons (Pre-Alpha) >>>

--- New Content ---

* Added two new game options for optional hints and optional navigation aid. These both appear on the travel menu when toggled on. They are off by default. This should help players that are new to the RPG genre.

* Added a new Psyon (spider demon) to the graveyard crypts and removed the skeletal warrior. She features a web attack that makes use of a new immobilize effect. This should help the crypts to feel more special and more dangerous. The warrior will remain in the northern graveyard.

* Added a new elite Psyon (fire mage) to the well tunnels. She makes use of a new battle engine mechanic that allows for a special page display upon defeating her. (Similar to the special intro dialog pages that trigger for mini-bosses.)

* Added a special puzzle door room at the center of the well tunnel labyrinth.

* Added a crystal room to the well tunnels for better location variety. This features the first resource node that requires a pick axe to mine.

* Added two new quests related to the well tunnels. Both can be completed.

* Huge rewrite to Goddess Milovana's level up dialog. She has a new personality and is now a "hidden" romanceable character with a disposition like Queen Jenyla, Mya and Dominique. (Their dispositions at the end of the game will determine end game options.) She now has nearly two dozen unique dialogs that can trigger, many with branches. These are no longer strictly linear (level based). She is now far more responsive to world events, previous dialog choices and even your inventory in special cases.

* Moderate rewrite to Queen Jenyla's starting dialog that explains some key world mechanics a bit better as well as the new encumbrance system. A few new dialog options added and I think some of the writing was improved.

* Increased greeting options for Queen Jenyla and Shurul the orc.

* Moderate rewrite to Penelope's dialog and a few new dialog options. Also added a picture for her groin kick punishment.

* Added combat banter related to some of the new picture sets (glasses and footjob fetishes).

* More perverted tombstone epitaphs to read in the graveyard.

* Added a warning at start of well tunnels if player is too low level for the area.

* Added a few northern road locations. These are just the roads and the riddle door entrance to the Great Library. The tavern, brothel, and the library will probably be added in another few updates.

* Added some distraction options for wishes at the wishing well.

* Added several new boons (permanent special upgrades that can be obtained). Four boons can be obtained from the goddess on certain dialog level up scenes.

* Added dozens of new inventory items, a few pieces of equipment and many new attacks including the game's first legendary weapon. It is a level 6 bow and can be found in the well tunnels. Three of the new attacks use the new immobilize effect for increased combat strategy.

* Added new pictures to the light source page to reflect your active light source while exploring dark areas.

* Instruction manual was slightly updated to reflect some of the new mechanics below. I still need to do a lot of work on this and eventually make a quick read version covering only the most important stuff. Perhaps someone could help with this?

--- Game Engine Upgrades, New and Altered Game Mechanics ---

* Total rewrite of the loot engine. This ended up being just under 1,000 lines of code. It now has far better error handling and is very flexible and easier to use, thus allowing me to develop new Psyons and containers and the like faster. Loot should now be a lot more varied and interesting. Most enemies now feature a combination of specific loot to that enemy and also a generic loot table based on their level and elite status. Unfortunately, this means I have to totally reevaluate the drop rates because everything was changed. Please give feedback. Also, I'm pondering increasing drop rates when playing in hard combat mode. Thoughts?

* Major overhaul of the quest engine. It has far better error handling and was made more flexible. Some people reported certain circumstances that could end up with duplicate quest entries. This should no longer be possible. (If it does, please let me know!) Knowledge quests can now handle missed content in a smoother way that can still allow for quest completion.

* Several new effects and enchantments added. The immobilized effect prevents movement and retreat (and teleportation and the like) for a period of time. There is now a no critical enchantment for attacks where critical hits make no sense, like a teleportation spell. There is also an unmissable enchantment that can't be dodged. A very cool new feature is a special roll enchantment. Most attacks pit the attacker's precision + 10 against the defender's dexterity + 10. The special roll enchantment can pit any attribute against any other attribute and provide various roll advantages. For example, defending against a cursing spell really shouldn't use dexterity, it would make more sense to roll against willpower. Enchantments that ignore combat distance and party level were also added. (Normally both effect hit chances and the like.) Fallback enchantment was also added which acts as the opposite of rush, with a chance to maximize combat distance.

* Attacks tagged as curse, disease and psychic now automatically bypass armor and shield protection.

* Combat effects and Dots now have a new stacking option that allows stacking of damage only. Thus, now all four combinations are available for various attacks. Some stack damage, some stack rounds (time), some stack neither and some stack both. Both is very powerful. Attack descriptions have been improved to better explain this. Shurul's dialog related to this was also updated and clarified.

* New encumbrance system based on strength. It is a fairly generous system, but gives a reason for a mage to invest a bit in strength. I like consequences for skill point investment choices.

* Improved text on travel page that notifies of increased action point cost to travel caused by armor, stealth mode as well as the new encumbrance if applicable.

* Travel in Domitrix no longer costs action points.

* The location tab in the side menu no longer uses a confusing x, y and z coordinate system. It now uses direction and distances from the center of the region. For example, "Domitrix, North 5, West 3". West/east used to be x, north/south used to be y and up/down used to be z. Thus, no negative numbers will be used.

* Inventory items now get tagged. For example, an item may get tagged "gem, valuable". This is going to be used for more sophisticated gifting systems and the like.

* Inventory and potions can now be discarded. Inventory tagged junk can also be discarded all at once.

* Inventory and potions are now alphabetized.

* All inventory tagged "junk" can now be sold to Lia all at the same time. This is a big quality of life improvement now that there are so many inventory items in the game. Keep in mind, some "junk" may be very useful in some circumstances though. Tags will eventually be explained better in the manual. I may also add filter options based on tags.

* Active attacks and equipment can now be moved to storage.

* Special attacks were made more powerful and cost less action points. They didn't feel special enough. They also upgrade faster. The Rogue's attack now features a fallback enchantment, which can increase combat distance to 3. (Sort of the opposite of the warrior's rush attack.)

* Increased Queen Jenyla's starting gold when playing in easy mode for a little extra help.

* Improved loot in crypts and made crypts more likely to go deeper underground. Deeper crypts have a chance of good loot. The loot in the upper crypt chest (chain puzzle) was reduced, as it is too easy to access.

--- Cheat Console Upgrades ---

(Developer cheat tools are becoming increasingly important for testing of such a huge game.)

* Powerful new quest manipulation commands have been added allowing the tester to add, advance (stage) and complete quests. This can be dangerous though, so use with caution. You can also print the quest names.

* New option to add and print boons.

* New option to print a small cheat console instructions page to the browser console. This should allow alpha testers to use it more effectively.

--- Bug Fixes ---

* Shurul's quest was to find a "wet stone". The quest text and the item and so forth are now the proper "whetstone". I must have been half asleep when I coded that mistake lol.

* A very specific exploit related to saving the game before leaving the Queen's chamber was fixed. This was a great find from one of the alpha testers. I hate exploits as they really ruin a game!

* A regular iron short sword improperly had a slowing enchantment effect. This was removed.

* One of Pinelope's (girl in the well tunnels) quest completion options was not working properly. You can now fix the gear and kill the skaven commander for one of the completion paths.

* Dominique would get very mad at you for "selling" her toilet slave collar when you enchanted it because this changes the name of the collar. There were other dialog bugs with some other NPCs caused for the same reason. This is now fixed.

* Fixed wishing well quest dupe. I fixed the code, but this is no longer possible anyway with the new quest engine upgrade.

* One of the focus potions was applying the strengthen effect instead of focus. This is fixed.

* Fixed bug that could allow inventory food or drink consumption during combat. The inexpensive food is meant for use outside of combat, while potions are supposed to be used during combat.
Bonkgr
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Bonkgr »

I haven't played since the update, but I have to say that this is an incredible piece of work!

Great playability, good signals, and lots of fun!

The only bug I've noticed (it may have been fixed in the most recent update) is that the Menu button disappeared after punishment in the weapon shop and maybe in the magic shop.

My only other suggestion so far is that I'd like to see more variety in the e-stim signals.

Keep up the good work!
Stop the violins! Give pizza chants!! Shave the whales!!!
Laroque
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Laroque »

Hey i'd love a chance to check out the game and provide feedback. I don't have access to Estim though.
Dolgian
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Dolgian »

I this an error?

"Normally, when combat is initiated, the pleasure signal is dialed up to the high pleasure volume. This is caused by the close proximity of the Psyon and serves to increase the drama of the encounter. Low estim combat intensity will instead use an average of the medium pleasure volume and high pleasure volume. High estim combat intensity will certainly get your attention by using an average of the high pleasure volume and the low punishment volume."

shouldnt it read : Normally, when combat is initiated, the pleasure signal is dialed up to an average of the medium pleasure volume and medium pain volume. This is caused by the close proximity of the Psyon and serves to increase the drama of the encounter. Low estim combat intensity will instead use an average of the low pleasure volume and low pain volume. High estim combat intensity will certainly get your attention by using an average of the high pleasure volume and the high punishment volume.

Also this is a subject i thouched with you in the past, you should be able to set the low pain below the high pleasure.
I would only prevent users from placing high pain below high pleasure.
and of course, player needs to place low medium high pleasure and pain in the correct order...
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

I tried the game a few days ago and wanted to give some feedback but like always kind of forgot again...

As reported some time ago for me the game was to hard with all that hard rpg elements.
So I died too early without having enough fun. :-)

So I really liked that you added difficulty levels to the game but like designed at the moment they still don't fit for me.
I played at easy with normal fight appear level.

Now I was able to play the game without any knowledge way longer and didn't die instantly but it also was way more boring from the estim elements in the fights.
Reading again and again the same text without taking any hit from the enemy because they miss way more often and don't to any (?) critical hits? This also didn't felt okay.

I would more wish like a normal difficulty or even the hard one were you can take a lot of damage (which means higher estim fun) but the game don't kicks you out after a short time because you died.

I know that you designed that more for rpg players with estim as extra... but I would love to see that game with a simple option for players like me.
Wouldn't it be amazing to have a difficulty mode where you can't die but get the same hard rpg with hard estim fun?
Like when your hp hitting zero you still die but instead the game ends, there will be a mysteries energy in form of a beautiful angel (with boobs :-D ) that revive you and healing you to 100% health again. Than the fight continues.
Of course that healing isn't for free... it takes 1min (for example) and is kind of painful. ;-)

I know that this breaks with any of the rpg rules, class balancing etc... but would be amazing for me and maybe others who are more looking for an estim experience with a little bit of rpg.
I guess it only would take a very little amount of work to add something like that but would seriously change everything for me!

Your project is still one of the most amazing on this site here and I totally love nearly everything about it.
But with the current design of difficulty, I guess I will not spending very much time with it because I don't get what I want from it. When I want a real challenge (where I get punished with a restart for failing) in gaming then I play normal computer games, for me the combination of hard games in combination with sex stuff don't work.

For me (who has not many experience in text rpgs) that feels like playing dark souls with only one hand and distracted by a naked woman jumping around in the room.
Or lets say it more simple... I like getting damage and the estim punishment... but your game mechanic don't like when I get hit. :lol:
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion