[ALPHA] Technical Forms - E-Stim 2B Mod

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

yman
Explorer
Explorer

[ALPHA] Technical Forms - E-Stim 2B Mod

Post by yman »

Mod to add 2B support to the Technical Forms game.

Disclaimer:
This mod works great for me. I would like to find out if it works for you too and collect some feedback. So if you happen to own a 2B, feel free to participate in this alpha test. If there is enough interest, I would like to apply the concept in a similar fashion to OpenEOS to add 2B support to EOS teases.

How it works:
The mod alters the sound.py file of renpy to set the 2B to different modes depending on the name of the played audio file. Channel C is determined by the BPM value in the filename. For safety reasons every new mode starts with channel A and B set to 0. You can change these values and they will be set automatically once the mode is set again.

If you are interested in the technical details I invite you to look at the code:
https://github.com/xman2B/renpy2b
https://github.com/xman2B/estim2b

Requirements:
  • 2B with firmware 2.122B or newer.
  • Technical Forms installed. I recommend the extended version by richman2.
Download:
Version 0.1.2 - Automatically detect 2B + Fix TechnicalForms crash if estim2bserver is not running.
Spoiler: show
Version 0.1.1 - Added server start scripts + 64bit Windows executable
Version 0.1.0 - Initial release
Installation:
Extract the zip into the Technical Forms directory. Allow to overwrite the renpy/audio/sound.py file.

Usage:
Connect the 2B to your PC, start the estim2b_server and Technical Forms afterwards.

Troubleshooting:
Spoiler: show
If you get this message when starting the estim2b_server, then you have to supply the correct path to your 2B as first argument.

Code: Select all

thread 'main' panicked at 'No 2B found: ConnectionError("No such file or directory")', src/main.rs:207:41
On windows you have to supply the correct COM Port. Linux users will have to supply the correct /dev/ttyUSB device.
In either case, even if no 2B is connected to your PC you can try out "virtual" to see if it works. Like this:

Code: Select all

./estim2b_server -s virtual
Last edited by yman on Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
thebears73
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [ALPHA] Technical Forms - E-Stim 2B Mod

Post by thebears73 »

Would be keen to try, but cant find the technical forums folder on the MAC version
yman
Explorer
Explorer

Post by yman »

thebears73 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:04 am Would be keen to try, but cant find the technical forums folder on the MAC version
Unfortunately I have no experience with MACs, nor access to one. Cross compiling for MAC didn't work for me either, so right now MAC users have two options:
  1. Advanced users only!: Install rust, build the estim2b_server yourself with cargo and replace the TechnicalForms.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/audio/sound.py file manually.
  2. Install wine and just use the Windows version. This also works fine for me on a Linux machine.
It would be really cool if someone could do the first option and provide a native binary for MAC. Until this is the case, I recommend using wine for now.
SkyLigth
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Post by SkyLigth »

Would love to try, but lost my UpLink software and am on an older version :(
yman
Explorer
Explorer

Post by yman »

SkyLigth wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:48 pm Would love to try, but lost my UpLink software and am on an older version :(
Sent you a pm.
fortunamercuria
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by fortunamercuria »

Well, this is annoying. I have my cable and the commander software but I can't find that stupid usb key anywhere.
yman
Explorer
Explorer

Post by yman »

fortunamercuria wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:45 pm Well, this is annoying. I have my cable and the commander software but I can't find that stupid usb key anywhere.
PM sent
yman
Explorer
Explorer

Post by yman »

For those who had problems setting the correct serial port or wanted to play normally without crashing, version 0.1.2 should fix the issues.