300+ VR Funscript Files

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
arig4711
Explorer
Explorer

Re: 300+ VR Funscript Files

Post by arig4711 »

LondonGent wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:20 pm
19Hellothere83 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:44 amFor the quad surround Soundtrack i guess i need a special soundcard in order to give out the estim track and the notmal sound separately!?
It's easier to just use ScriptPlayer (or something similar) which can play the estim mp3 in sync with the video. Use a set of USB/Bluetooth headphones to listen to the audio, and send the estim audio out of the regular 3.5mm jack.
19Hellothere83 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:46 am With that converter any suggestions on the basic setup (sample rate and frequency?)
Sample rate determines file size and processing time. Unless you're using very high frequencies 22050 Hz should be more than enough.

Frequency is more of a personal taste thing. Higher frequencies feel 'smoother' but require more power to achieve the same intensity. Lower frequencies are stronger but rougher. The estim files I post here are usually converted using 777Hz but anywhere around 800Hz is a good place to start. From there try 600Hz and 1200Hz and see how they compare.
This is my setup:
I drop the mp3 and the mp4 (or other video format) into one folder. The files need to have the same file name and the conversion starts in a batch.

for f in *.mp4; do ffmpeg -i "$f" \
-i "${f%mp4}mp3" \
-filter_complex '[0:a][1:a]join=inputs=2:channel_layout=quad:map=0.FR-FL|0.FR-FR|1.FL-BL|1.FR-BR[q]' \
-metadata:s:v title="video" \
-metadata:s:a title="Quad: front=movie, rear=estim" \
-map 0:v -map "[q]" "${f%.mp4}_200_400_800.mp4"; done

For me this is much better than script player or something else. I use MAC OSX and there you could easily link channels to outputs (MIDI-setup with 4 channels). I have only to start the video and that's it. I think there are also tools like this in a Windows-environment.

As for frequencies I also tried a lot. At the moment I prefer 200,400,800 (don't know why, just by random). What I don't know ist how the three values interact (1: Left channel, 2: common, 3.Right channel or what else ?).
LondonGent
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by LondonGent »

arig4711 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:49 am For me this is much better than script player or something else. I use MAC OSX and there you could easily link channels to outputs (MIDI-setup with 4 channels). I have only to start the video and that's it. I think there are also tools like this in a Windows-environment.
With ScriptPlayer all I have to do is drop the mp3 and video in the same folder and start the video. It automatically loads both and plays them in sync without having to do anything else. What is the advantage to messing about with FFMPEG and combining them into a single file?
arig4711 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:49 am As for frequencies I also tried a lot. At the moment I prefer 200,400,800 (don't know why, just by random). What I don't know ist how the three values interact (1: Left channel, 2: common, 3.Right channel or what else ?).
All the carrier frequencies are overlayed the same way on both channels. You can use ten different ones if you want without needing ten channels.

Firstly, a quick primer on how triphase works; The leftA and rightA half-channels both transmit as normal, the common channel is the sum of leftB + rightB. When the left and right channels are in perfect sync; they are both transmit X voltage at the same moment, the common transmits -2X to match and current flows from leftA to common and from rightA to common. When the left and right channels are precisely out of phase (i.e. in anti-phase) the left channel transmits X voltage, the right channel transmits -X voltage but at the common electrode they cancel out (X-X=0), so it doesn't transmit anything. Current flows from left to right and the common is ignored.

The stroking sensations are generated when the two channels gradually move in and out of phase. Current gradually shifts between flowing to the common and flowing to the opposite channel and then back again and our sensation of where it is coming from gradually shifts between the two as well.

The simplest way to test this is to open Audacity (or similar) and generate an 800Hz tone on one channel then an 801Hz tone on the other (any two frequencies will work as long as they're 1Hz apart). Played through a triphase estim box this will give a stroking sensation that repeats once per second (i.e. 1Hz) as the two signals fall out of sync and then back in again. Replace the 801Hz tone with an 802Hz tone and it'll happen twice per second. Use 801Hz left and 802Hz right and it'll be back to once per second - it's the difference between the frequencies that matters, not the frequencies themselves.

This is how the funstim converter works. When it wants to move from the top to the bottom, it reduces the frequency of the right channel fractionally so that it shifts into anti-phase with the left channel. When it wants to move back up again, it increases the frequency so that it shifts the other way.

So what does all that have to do with multiple frequencies? When you tell the funstim converter to use multiple carrier frequencies it applies the same shifts to all of them and then stacks them all together. An 800Hz left 801Hz right signal would stroke once per second and so would a 400Hz-401Hz signal or a 200Hz-201Hz signal. Layer these on top of one another and you can end up cancelling out some of the peaks in the carrier sine-wave without altering the underlying strokes that are a function of the phase.

This is a snapshot of the waves in a funstim file converted using 800Hz only:
vlcsnap-2021-11-09-13h11m57s962.png
vlcsnap-2021-11-09-13h11m57s962.png (12.76 KiB) Viewed 3603 times
This is the same moment in the same file, but converted using 400Hz, 800Hz:
vlcsnap-2021-11-09-13h11m29s913.png
vlcsnap-2021-11-09-13h11m29s913.png (12.89 KiB) Viewed 3603 times
Notice how alternate peaks are almost cancelled out, where the 400Hz and 800Hz waves would be opposite one another. This creates a very rapid on-off-on-off effect that feels almost like it's vibrating. It also reduces the amount of current flowing through your body without much reduction in the strength of sensations, which can be helpful if you find yourself losing sensitivity during long files.

That's my understanding of it all anyway - Hope it makes some sort of sense!
47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by 47dahc »

Thank you for the discription of how it all works. Been wondering that myself but never really dug in. Only cared that it worked and having to much fun enjoying stim sessions.
LondonGent wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:23 pm
With ScriptPlayer all I have to do is drop the mp3 and video in the same folder and start the video. It automatically loads both and plays them in sync without having to do anything else. What is the advantage to messing about with FFMPEG and combining them into a single file?
With this, I can get this to work when videos and mp3s are stored on the same computer. I can not get it to work when connecting to DeoVR and the video is stored on my phone in a VR headset. I have tried setting a path to a folder that the mp3 is stored as well as setting a format preference, but cannot get it to work. Again, only when using DeoVR, which, connects up and will load a funscript flawlessly. However, the funstim gen in SP is kind of buggy and seems to fade in and out as well as produces pops and static at times although I think the pops and statics are on my side not SP. I have felt the fade outs though and know that a file created by the online generator doesn't have them. As I mention before though, program is awesome and I know you can't spend all your time fixing bugs. Thank you for everything so far and what's to come in the future.
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

Thanks to everyone!
arig4711
Explorer
Explorer

Post by arig4711 »

LondonGent wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:23 pm
Thanks for your very good description.

I have found the time this weekend to try things out. My problem ist that I am using MAC OSX in combination with Parallels (Windows 11 ARM virtualization). In Parallels you could only manage one audio connection, but streaming to VLC in the OSX-Host is the solution. It works like a charm. The hassle with FFmpeg isn't necessary anymore for funscript based videos. Now I only use ffmpeg for videos with a separate estim-track.

Your explanation with the frequencies is interesting (and good), but I think there is no detailed description how Tungsten implemented it. When I have enough time I will experiment a little bit (what is much easier now with scriptplayer).
LondonGent
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by LondonGent »

The Funstim software is open-source, so if you want to see how it works you can pick apart the code yourself. It's only a very short function, so it's not particularly tricky to understand if you've done a bit of programming before. The clever bit was designing it in the first place!
arig4711
Explorer
Explorer

Post by arig4711 »

I tried the Scriptplayer for converting funscript into Estim-files, but I don't get the same results like when using the online-converting tool.

In the converting tool I have usually the following setup:
Fade In / out 2 sec
Sample Rate 22050 khz
Frequency (420,520,620 or 777 or 200,400,800)
Expand to full range
Fade out during pauses
Double Time for Cock Hero (no equivalent in Script Player?)

In Scriptplayer:
- Settings -> Funscript Converter (Frequency, Fade In / out, Fade out during pauses)
- Devices -> Add estim-Audio device (volume, balance, frequency)

As far as I know (have read) the estimates-Audio device should be in balance-mode (for stereostim).

I can't explain it very good, but I get a bad result in Script Player (monotonous signal, with a lot of breaks).

Is there something I have been missing?