Can we stop bumping so many old threads every day?

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Can we stop bumping so many old threads every day?

Post by janmb »

I would say the problem is more a case of poor sorting options on the forum software, more than a problem of people bumping old threads.

Ideally, we could have the best of both worlds: Those that are interested in giving praise to old work get to do so, while those uninterested in seeing it could sort threads by creation date rather than latest update (or whatever other criteria they might want). Unsure how much options there are in phpbb.
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

Honestly, I don't mind the reviews. They're quick to click through, or if don't care, I can just click the threads I do care about and then mark the forum as read. Three a day isn't a big deal to click through. As forums go, this one is pretty quiet.
My latest Cock Hero is Sweet Mammaries, a Cock Hero Quickie.

I've also made 4-play, 4-play 2, Getting Down With The Thiccness, Fuck Hard Cum Harder, Filthy Cute and Kittens & Cream. You can stream them all on SpankBang or search up their announce threads here for other options. :)
drLED
Explorer
Explorer

Post by drLED »

LondonGent wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:22 pm Why not just start one thread, "Guilherme_1988's Cock Hero Reviews" and post them all there? That was you can post as many as you like, without it dominating the whole front page. People who are interested will be able to pop in and read them, people who aren't will be able to skip over it easily. Seems like the best solution to me!
PervVert wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:05 pm Please, please, please, take the LondonGent's advice. Make one thread and tag each creator as you review their videos.
PervVert wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:05 pm [*] Confine all old reviews to a single thread
I totally second this.

Guilherme_1988, I think you're doing an admirable effort to be a good guy, but unintentionally end up looking like the stereotypical "nice guy". Take these examples:
Guilherme_1988 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:31 pm The reason i review the production in the topic its because i want the creator to read them.
Guilherme_1988 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:41 pm I am very excited for Heavenly 2 too, but...

Did you read my review about your both Symbol of faiths?
Notice how such behavior might be interpreted as stalking: you seem to have been expecting another user to talk to you, and then when you saw him in a totally different thread, you kind of disrupted it by asking for his attention.

I hope you're not like that with women! It's creepy and a turn-off. Please consider our suggestion of moving all your reviews to a reserved thread, so you can be the collaborative member that you are unquestionably striving to be, while actually not being seen as a hindrance.
PervVert
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by PervVert »

I was hoping that seeing how much you are angering people would make you reconsider doing such a simple thing: confine your reviews to a single thread.

Again, this was not your fault. Milovana has limited browsing features. It's dated. It's also the home of CH and I don't think that will change any time soon.

I apologize for saying "you are not doing a service". You absolutely are and some people value that service. I hope creators can use your advice. What I meant is that, from my point of view as a creator and a consumer, the value that you are adding is not as great as the value that you are removing. You are making browsing for new content hard.

You misunderstood ¨why don´t you stop?¨ and misquoted me. I wanted to know why don't you want to stop angering the community. All you need to do is keep all your reviews (of old content) in one thread from here on out. That's all we want.

Please note that nowhere did I insult you. My only complaint is about where you put your reviews (the topic of this thread). Let's not make this personal. Let's just keep this about making this site and the community better.

The fact is that Milovana won't likely update the site with more sorting options so we would like you to help us make it easier to use. Here's a sad fact: 9 real girls (and 10 real girls) are both on the 4th page right now. Those are recent enough (and bangers, IMO) that they should be on the first page. I'd hate to be that creator, whose work was ignored because the site is badly organized. Help us organize it.
Last edited by PervVert on Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcadezyra
Explorer
Explorer

Post by arcadezyra »

im fine with posts on old threads like some others are. and what a few said- if we can sort by newest thread or by latest post . this would alleviate some of the communities irritation of thread resurrections XD. on a side note love you all :blush:
pinksly
Explorer
Explorer

Post by pinksly »

Guilherme_1988 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:45 pm
MrCandyMan wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:11 am Seriously, the fuck is this shit?!

I appreciate that Guilherme_1988 wants to review lots of content and I'm thankful for his reviews of my own work. But for the love of god, can we not bump so many old threads every single day? Maybe space them out a little by only posting 2-3 reviews per day so they don't overwhelm the fist page of the board.

To the guy who thinks he's being funny by posting faux reviews and mocking Guilherm: Cease your bullshit, please! You're not helping matters. You are, in fact, making things worse and are coming off as a massive jerk. There are better ways to make a point.

Apologies for the strong language, but this trend has been going on for a while now and I had to express my annoyance in no uncertain terms. If the mods and most other users are cool with this frequency of bumps on old threads, that's fine. I'm just one user. I'll just have to accept the fact that the board is now more difficult to follow and will not visit as often.
You are right. Im sorry if i caused any problem. In fact, i will limit my reviews to 3 a day at maximum for old content. You are a great creator of CHs, too.

About the troll who is constantly insulting me and using my name: I hope the moderators can ban him or something, because i got a big surprise with so many notifications i got, i will not feed him answering all his answers, i only gave him the warning that i will not feed him. One thing is made a review, another is using my name to do what he is doing.

I think we need a block mechanism here on the forum, to block unwanted users of something but this is a moderation decision, i am only an user, too.

Again, sorry if i made something bad. And sorry for my English, too, its not my first language.
you should create a thread to centralize your reviews and put the topic link. it will be simpler and it will avoid flooding. it's hard to see the new projects now ...
I can very well understand what you want to do but honestly, the first days like "ok why not, 5-6 old unearthed topics don't bother me" but after what? 1 month has become regular and it becomes more betting than anything else ...

and then after several messages in the same thread, your reviews will disappear among the other pages so it's really better to put everything in a topic that updates regularly. even if it means having to pin on the first page by the mods, it doesn't bother me but it's better than flooding
drLED
Explorer
Explorer

Post by drLED »

Guilherme_1988 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:06 am None of YOUR business
:-O
Guilherme_1988 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:06 am You want me to use strong language
:-/

Oh boy, that escalated quickly. Chill down man, I was just trying to help the community, including - particularly, tbh - you. I'm sorry that you're unable to get it. Please accept my apologies!

Btw you don't need to open the quote below now if you're still distressed, it's just a definition of "nice guy" found in the Urban Dictionary for you to reflect upon once you get cool:
Spoiler: show
Nice Guy [...] He believes that because he behaves in a certain way the world owes him for his actions. He [...] becomes angry when he doesn't get what he wants.
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by doremi »

Guilherme_1988 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:40 pm You should mind your own business.
Totally uncalled for, Guilherme_1988. You have to recognize that some people are inconvenienced by several reviews, and those people have solutions to lessen the inconvenience. So it's live and let live.

:love:

That being said, I haven't changed my mind on where reviews should be posted. For those curious:
viewtopic.php?p=311315#p311315
;-)
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)
Iridescence
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Iridescence »

I must say.. surprised no one has already.. but it does seem like there is a small language barrier here with this guy doing all the reviews. And I don't think anyone was trying to be malicious
. It simply just makes most sense to have all your reviews in one thread. Easier on everyone involved.. even you. Any responses you'd get from creators would be all in one thread. Definitely worth considering at least. Also would just clear the clutter. As nice as it is to see some oldies resurface..
Certainly you could understand why seeing even 3 old ones a day fill the forum would be a pinch upsetting to someone coming to check on or check for the newest thread/ posts. Just my 2 cents
Hopefully doesn't come across rudely.
andyp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by andyp »

Hi Everyone,

Whilst I try to let the community police themselves they is a lot of hate and anger backwards and forwards here.

I understand people want to come and "see if they is anything new" and that's fine a lot of our user base does this.

but on the flip side old content is new to some people so threads coming to the top isn't that big a problem,

I think the issue is like a lot of people here have pointed out we have no sort by thread creation (I will attempt to sort this, with the help of the admin)

People reviewing old videos and providing feedback is welcomed and appreciated, all I will ask is that we calm it down a little whilst I ask if sort by can be implemented

Edit: for new releases what do you think to using a single thread viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24555

Cheers
Iridescence
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Iridescence »

andyp wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:08 am
Edit: for new releases what do you think to using a single thread viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24555

Cheers
Brilliant solution for now haha..! 👏🏼
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by throwawayacct »

Adding reviews to old - sometimes years old - threads has an effect of blocking out new content that people browse for.

While the intentions might be good, the damage is significant. Lenny never had a malicious bone in his body, but he still left a trail of damage (Of Mice and Men).

Language can certainly be a barrier - however attitude is not. Ignorance or immaturity both accept the person has capacity to change.

The initial issue and response a week or more ago would have banned the user in many other forums. paraphrasing: "Hey please stop necro-ing ole threads it's annoying" met by essentially "Fuck you, I'm gonna keep doing it!" and a "No, really, knock it off" ought to have been the end of this. They persisted, and as far as I see it this ought to be the last chance they have to practice better netiquette.

You can only extend the benefit of doubt for so long, have we learned nothing from :gestures wildly around at all the things:?
zzzed
Explorer
Explorer

Post by zzzed »

kerkersklave wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:05 pm The main issue is, that you cannot sort the threads by creation date. No idea why this feature is missing, I would expect the software used does support that in general.
I agree. I don't think we should discourage anybody from posting reviews, even in old threads, but it would be nice to have a way to sort by creation date, or for people to have the option to post in old threads without hoisting them back to the front page.
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by doremi »

andyp wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:08 am for new releases what do you think to using a single thread viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24555
I think it's an unnecessary extra step, and some people may forget or not know about this possible new convention, not always be up to date, thus people not reading it for that reason.

In the meantime while looking for a way to improve the search feature, knowing the thread creation time seems pretty obvious and quick to me. For example here, green highlighted.

And when you are done, click the Mark topics read link for any leftovers remaining.
Attachments
screenshot-Milovana-CreationDates-2021.10.13.gif
screenshot-Milovana-CreationDates-2021.10.13.gif (80.23 KiB) Viewed 853 times
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)
Tentacruel
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tentacruel »

Seeing as there is a way to find all new releases by post date, I personally prefer keeping reviews of videos in their relevant threads, instead of moving that discussion to a separate post not linked in the video thread.

All of these new comments, although they make the forum a little more chaotic, feel like a breath of fresh air. I like seeing such enthusiasm and enjoy reading what people think of older videos. 3 a day feels like a very reasonable compromise until we figure out how to implement sorting the forum by creation date.

In the meanwhile, what's wrong with using the search function?