Can we stop bumping so many old threads every day?

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

MrCandyMan
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Can we stop bumping so many old threads every day?

Post by MrCandyMan »

Seriously, the fuck is this shit?!

I appreciate that Guilherme_1988 wants to review lots of content and I'm thankful for his reviews of my own work. But for the love of god, can we not bump so many old threads every single day? Maybe space them out a little by only posting 2-3 reviews per day so they don't overwhelm the fist page of the board.

To the guy who thinks he's being funny by posting faux reviews and mocking Guilherm: Cease your bullshit, please! You're not helping matters. You are, in fact, making things worse and are coming off as a massive jerk. There are better ways to make a point.

Apologies for the strong language, but this trend has been going on for a while now and I had to express my annoyance in no uncertain terms. If the mods and most other users are cool with this frequency of bumps on old threads, that's fine. I'm just one user. I'll just have to accept the fact that the board is now more difficult to follow and will not visit as often.
sublimateme
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Can we stop bumping so many old threads every day?

Post by sublimateme »

Just told about that in upper tread. Thank you for detailed description of the problem.
ScOrpi0K11ng
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by ScOrpi0K11ng »

I agree, old stuff is old stuff.

I also have troubles looking for the newest post...

Feedback is good in most cases, but if it is and oldie from lets say 4 years or more it's irrelevant
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

The main issue is, that you cannot sort the threads by creation date. No idea why this feature is missing, I would expect the software used does support that in general.
LondonGent
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by LondonGent »

Guilherme_1988 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:45 pmYou are right. Im sorry if i caused any problem. In fact, i will limit my reviews to 3 a day at maximum for old content.
Why not just start one thread, "Guilherme_1988's Cock Hero Reviews" and post them all there? That was you can post as many as you like, without it dominating the whole front page. People who are interested will be able to pop in and read them, people who aren't will be able to skip over it easily. Seems like the best solution to me!
mcontrary
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mcontrary »

MrCandyMan wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:11 am Seriously, the fuck is this shit?!
+1
thanks for highlighting and bringing it up in a positive way.
LondonGent
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by LondonGent »

Guilherme_1988 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:31 pm How did you managed to quote only one line of mine? I don´t know how to quote only one part of the post, only the full comment.
After you click the "quote" button, you can edit the post and delete any parts you don't want to keep, or split it into several sections for clarity if you want to.
Guilherme_1988 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:31 pm The reason i review the production in the topic its because i want the creator to read them.
I understand that, but it's not worth the cost of taking over the entire forum. I *think* that it you quote one of their posts then copy-paste it into another topic, they still get a notification about it. I'll test that now in another thread...

If that doesn't work, just drop them a PM letting them know you've posted a review. It's a more personal approach and it's much more likely to get a response anyway.
LondonGent
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by LondonGent »

Guilherme_1988 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:37 pm Hi Londongent, yes i got a notification.
That's your solution then; Hit the "quote" button on the original release post, copy and paste it into your reviews thread and then type your review underneath. You'll have one nice collection of all your reviews and the video creators will still get notified that you've posted :)
Hobbyistatplay
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Hobbyistatplay »

I'm cool with the bumped threads. Puts me in contact with old vids I didn't know about.
steelhorse545
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by steelhorse545 »

Hobbyistatplay wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:46 pm I'm cool with the bumped threads. Puts me in contact with old vids I didn't know about.
Various ways of finding old stuff :
A) website -cockhero.info - list by date. A lot of stuff you’ll have to come back here for, but you’ll know the title
B) Search the forum for ‘release’ in the title
C) edit - there’s both a downloads and torrents topic - I’ve simply backed tracked through those in the past

Book_guy has a lot of stuff squirrelled away in his own mega accounts (obvs create your own and import), but there’s also a one-torrent-to-rule-them-all of a lot of earlier series/one-offs - search the forum for ‘cockherocomplete’ or posts by me (there won’t be many) there’s a link to the relevant topic with the torrent that I’ve posted in one thread. The torrent file itself is named somewhat unhelpfully ! Note -some of those earlier series may have a later addition which isn’t in the main torrent - the acceleration series, at least.

Hth
Last edited by steelhorse545 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
figroll
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by figroll »

Although hats off to Guilherme for his stamina which is making me nostalgic for my younger days :-D
steelhorse545
Explorer
Explorer

Post by steelhorse545 »

Guilherme_1988 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:40 pm
LondonGent wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:21 pm
I understand that, but it's not worth the cost of taking over the entire forum. I *think* that it you quote one of their posts then copy-paste it into another topic, they still get a notification about it. I'll test that now in another thread...

Yes, flooding is not a good thing. I will reduce the reviews to 3 per day at maximum to not flood anymore, but your suggestion of making a thread is good too.
If you could keep it to a single thread, that’d be better ;)

I realise that posting can be a ‘thanks’ to the creator, but I’m not sure that posting reviews to really old stuff is actually that helpful. Initial feedback may help when someone’s just released a video when there’s time to fix issues, or when it’s in demo form, but as regards content, everyone is different and stuff that some like won’t suit others. For that reason, I rarely read reviews.. no-one ever looks over my old code (well, unless they’re maintaining it) and gives me feedback :)

Aside from scrambling the forum view, there’s a potentially more annoying result for some : it hides posts that *are* very relevant to an old thread.
Sometimes there’s a request for a video where the source is no longer available (torrent or otherwise), obvs that *could* be put in a new thread, but it could also be a reply to the original thread - yet it gets hidden by a shitload of thread necrophilia . Whereas if folks can spot it, they may be able to help by sharing the video (as I’ve done once or twice) or pointing to where/how it can be downloaded.

Needless excessive churn is never helpful - you wouldn’t go editing a whole bunch of formatting/whitespace changes in a document or some code, cos someone will almost certainly have to check the changes. Similarly here, folks have to look through and ignore thread bumps to see thread updates which aren’t just ‘good job’ or similar…

Still, that’s my view as a techie and mostly a lurker :D
CantoFan123
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by CantoFan123 »

I also am enjoying seeing some old classics being revisited! We don't get so much new content lately so sometimes the oldies are the best! Thanks for all the reviews Guilherme!
PervVert
Explorer
Explorer

Post by PervVert »

Guilherme_1988 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:44 pm the reviews will continue, but not so intense like before to avoid flooding the first page
i will use that method now, max 3 reviews per day.
Please, please, please, take the LondonGent's advice. Make one thread and tag each creator as you review their videos.

I really like this community and you have made it worse for many of us. You are not doing a service. You are making the site unusable. The subreditt is now better! It's not entirely your fault: if we could sort by thread-posted date, this would not be an issue.

My preferences would be:
  • Add the ability to sort threads by creation date (devs) OR
  • Confine all old reviews to a single thread (you) OR
  • Ban Guilherme_1988 from Milovana and anyone else who persists in this harmful behaviour (mods)
I do not condone the behaviour of the troll, but I understand his motivation. I've never seen anybody upset this community like you have, Guilherme. I know that is not your intent, but surely you get the message. Why won't you stop? Why won't you just use one thread as LondonGent suggested? There is no excuse. Creators will be notified if you quote them, CantoFan123 and others like him can discover classics on your thread and the rest of us will be able to use this site again, simply to check for new creations, straight from the source(s).

I apologize for the strong language, but I feel it is necessary to get the point across. You have indicated that you do not want to take good advice and given no reason. You have indicated that you wish to continue to make this forum more difficult to use. "Only" 3 reviews (and thus 3 thread necros) a day is not OK. That's still 20x the amount of new content that there typically is.

Feel free to review newer videos in their respective threads, but the thread necros have to stop. For example, if you review my old POS beta release, don't post it there, but if you review 9 real girls, for example, or Mia vs Dani (both great works and not mine), sure post straight in the release thread.
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by doremi »

figroll wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:28 am Although hats off to Guilherme for his stamina which is making me nostalgic for my younger days :-D
Guilherme_1988 did say that he likes productions that end in a denial. He can play another production right after. :lol: For me, the denial is a tremendous source of frustration so I change the original scenario on purpose. :-D

But for the denial purists out there, shouldn't it be to not touch yourself for a week or something like that? ;-) :whistle:

:smile:
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
Spoiler: show
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)