[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v0.75d

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v0.75d

Post by diogaoo »

mckig wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:45 pm I really enjoyed the small tweaks and new stuff added to this version. I got a crash while testing out the new Swamp, but I will come back another time and give a full review of this version.

I know this is asking a lot, but I am a huge fan of the big breasts and big butt (not just the anal) scripts. I could point you to a couple galleries that I think are pretty good, but once again that may be asking a lot.

I am very excited for the next version already because every time we get a new version, I get so involved for a couple of runs and have so much fun. Once again, this is a great idea surrounded with people giving their own great ideas as well.
Hi mckig, glad to hear you liked this version. I would be immensely grateful if you could send me the gallery link in private
Thamrill wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:52 pm
Spoiler: show
At the end of Mona's bad end you wrote asnwer instead of answer twice
Fixed, thanks :smile:
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
simoslutboi
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Gay
I am a: Submissive

Post by simoslutboi »

thank you for your great game
i really liked it
but how can i find a gay guys game just like it?
and why the shemales does not f**k the hero?
and why no strap on action?
markbascom
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by markbascom »

Great game. Thank you! I really enjoyed it. I've only played through a few times, but here are a few comments, protected by spoiler just in case:
It seems as if you can make one bad decision and quickly get to a bad ending. Recovering from a bad decision seems hard, so you almost need a list of things that you should just not do. For example, I thought I was doing well (220 max HP, 180 max lust, all addictions in the 0 to 5 range, no corruption) when I fell into the Amazon's trap. Nothing I did seemed to matter and I quickly got the bad ending. How do I get away from the Amazons?

I think the shemale opponents could be stronger because you have the cutlass and butt plug. Once you have the cutlass, you can just hunt for the shemales and defeat them without too many negative effects. Perhaps have them increase not just shemale addiction, but a second addiction as well. Perhaps randomly one of anal, blowjob, or cum.

In general, I think multiple addiction increases could be a good idea. I was pretty successful at keeping my addiction numbers low, except in cases such as the blow job + cum eating scene when I found myself naked in town. Loved that one. It was recoverable, but took some work.

The score is dependent on defeating opponents multiple times. But the opponents seem to be random, and that can sometimes mean you don't get opportunities at the other opponents. For example, in one play through Lily kept coming up for me. I defeated Lily 6 times but had seen Laura only twice. So I didn't have the chance to get the bonus for Laura.
Overall, really great game. Thank you!
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

simoslutboi wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:16 pm thank you for your great game
i really liked it
but how can i find a gay guys game just like it?
and why the shemales does not f**k the hero?
and why no strap on action?
Hi there, I'm sorry but that's just not my cup of tea, I believe you could find a little bit more of customization and content in the game that I took inspiration from, called "Corruption of Champions", it's worth mentioning that it's a text-based game tho...
markbascom wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:44 pm Great game. Thank you! I really enjoyed it. I've only played through a few times, but here are a few comments, protected by spoiler just in case:
It seems as if you can make one bad decision and quickly get to a bad ending. Recovering from a bad decision seems hard, so you almost need a list of things that you should just not do. For example, I thought I was doing well (220 max HP, 180 max lust, all addictions in the 0 to 5 range, no corruption) when I fell into the Amazon's trap. Nothing I did seemed to matter and I quickly got the bad ending. How do I get away from the Amazons?

I think the shemale opponents could be stronger because you have the cutlass and butt plug. Once you have the cutlass, you can just hunt for the shemales and defeat them without too many negative effects. Perhaps have them increase not just shemale addiction, but a second addiction as well. Perhaps randomly one of anal, blowjob, or cum.

In general, I think multiple addiction increases could be a good idea. I was pretty successful at keeping my addiction numbers low, except in cases such as the blow job + cum eating scene when I found myself naked in town. Loved that one. It was recoverable, but took some work.

The score is dependent on defeating opponents multiple times. But the opponents seem to be random, and that can sometimes mean you don't get opportunities at the other opponents. For example, in one play through Lily kept coming up for me. I defeated Lily 6 times but had seen Laura only twice. So I didn't have the chance to get the bonus for Laura.
Overall, really great game. Thank you!
Hi Mark,
The faster you can break free from the cell at the Amazon event, the better; A higher attack value would be recommended, were you using the cutlass?
That event was design to punish heroes that went full survivability but low damage, it could use a little tweaking on my part if you didn't managed to escape from it while wearing a dagger or better (Maybe 12 attack with a bit of luck, but preferable 15+).

Actually, I'm completely fine with the "shemale hunt" strategy, being able to find a buttplug and cutlass recipe on the same run is not an easy task, their recipes are pretty rare. And tbh, that build may look strong, but cutlass doesn't increase damage, making the hero vulnerable to "damage checks" *hint* amazons *hint* and any other high level enemy really... But I do agree that shemale's encounter could use a little bit more of variety

I'm still thinking about how to deal with the randomness of encounters, I thought about the possibility of selling "baits" or "repellents" as consumable to specific enemies at the shop, but I'm not sure about it yet :-/
Happy to know you're liking it :smile:
Play Hero Corruption 1
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Thamrill »

diogaoo wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:48 am
I'm still thinking about how to deal with the randomness of encounters, I thought about the possibility of selling "baits" or "repellents" as consumable to specific enemies at the shop, but I'm not sure about it yet :-/
Just to throw some ideas, maybe you can add consumable perfumes that acts like pheromones to attract specific categories of enemies for the day; another idea, that could completely wreck the game balance (sort of) is that after a corruption threshold the hero actively search enemies to satisfy his addictions, hence influencing the enemy he finds

Sorry if I wrote something less than understandable, I just wake up :lol:

Vicissitudo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vicissitudo »

Playing now 0.75d and also played V0.7C

I find the game pretty cool and well made, my only complain it's that maybe you made it a bit too hard.
I mean I like hard games where you have to put effort but it is literally impossible to earn enough money to go to the church and lower corruption and/or addictions. Just walking in/out town randomly adds you 1-8 to corruption and other addictions.
Once addiction is a bit high one can't win a fight nor escape it so it's just trapped in a loop.
One should only be lucky to find a potion (buying one is out of discussion) but even that won't lower stats enough.
Tried to work in the tavern but that lead to even worse addictions and corruption...
Also I'm playing with shemale off (that's not my piece of cake, sorry) and I feel that makes the game even harder.
Or maybe I'm doing something wrong... that's possible, but I've attempted a lot of times already.
Again, I really like the game but it's almost unplayable... at least for me...
Perhaps rise the amount of loot/earned money and lower a bit the church fees?

Thanks!
heinochen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by heinochen »

Hi,
haven't read all the feedback, but what comes to mind after 1 play (i was probably having a lucky run though):
- new girl in forest finally adds some fresh wind early in the game
- swamp seems too easy to give sword recipe (from then on i didn't see any interactions because i killed everything)
- overall nice balance fixes but obviously hard to balance all together (felt quite easy this patch). score system isn't adapted yet (easy to get good score compared to past updates)
- i had way too much money compared to before
- mechanic to defeat an enemy by lust?
- wake up earlier if you go to sleep earlier?
- the blacksmith girl talks quite slowly when she allows you to forge
- the score system seems imbalanced
- i wished the tavern job scenes were longer or harder for more suspense (could be annoying for some tho). obviously you could any kind of flavor to those linear scenes, but one after the other ;-)
- reward system or something other than "your score is"?
- addiction/corruption formular to not gain linear lust damage when addiction or corruption is already high? would help with ruin of the run (e.g. if corruption >20, corruption lust damage is capped or any corruption above 20 deals less than 1 point of lust damage) I say that because it's cooler to actually get a bad ending instead of not being able to fight anything and either avoid all fights or faint constantly, so no comeback possible (this patch not really tho).
As always, just what came to mind for inspiration. Looking forward to the new update every now and then and you're definitly forming this fine. Keep it up if you will :wave:
Vicissitudo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vicissitudo »

heinochen wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:37 pm Hi,
haven't read all the feedback, but what comes to mind after 1 play (i was probably having a lucky run though):
- swamp seems too easy to give sword recipe (from then on i didn't see any interactions because i killed everything)
- overall nice balance fixes but obviously hard to balance all together (felt quite easy this patch). score system isn't adapted yet (easy to get good score compared to past updates)
- i wished the tavern job scenes were longer or harder for more suspense (could be annoying for some tho). obviously you could any kind of flavor to those linear scenes, but one after the other ;-)
- addiction/corruption formular to not gain linear lust damage when addiction or corruption is already high? would help with ruin of the run (e.g. if corruption >20, corruption lust damage is capped or any corruption above 20 deals less than 1 point of lust damage) I say that because it's cooler to actually get a bad ending instead of not being able to fight anything and either avoid all fights or faint constantly, so no comeback possible (this patch not really tho).
As always, just what came to mind for inspiration. Looking forward to the new update every now and then and you're definitly forming this fine. Keep it up if you will :wave:
Reading you the games seems rather easy... so probably I'm doing something wrong.

I start trying to face enemies and collect the knuckle recipe, get the codex and backpack.
At this point tho I've so many addictions, high corruption and basically no money that I can't go any further.
Swamps and Deep Forest are a big no, I can't even put a step in it that I'm dead.

What am I doing wrong?
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Thamrill »

Vicissitudo wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:44 pm
heinochen wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:37 pm Hi,
Reading you the games seems rather easy... so probably I'm doing something wrong.

I start trying to face enemies and collect the knuckle recipe, get the codex and backpack.
At this point tho I've so many addictions, high corruption and basically no money that I can't go any further.
Swamps and Deep Forest are a big no, I can't even put a step in it that I'm dead.

What am I doing wrong?
The strategy is correct, you just have to pace yourself. At least, this is the strategy I used.
The first day face 2 different enemies; if you find the same enemy twice run away; if you find a third enemy run away; if you find the wishing well, skip it; with a bit of luck you find at least once the statue and you can keep one addiction under control; if you find a potion that is not blue, you can try your luck, or just throw away.

On the second day, keep exploring, try to face the other enemies; get the codex and rest a lot; try to keep an eye on your addictions; try to find the city.

Once you get to the city, get the backpack, but skip the mini-event of the forge, unless you are doing very well in terms of corruption; in some days you will have the required 50 coins. You got tons of corruption in the city as you were travelling naked, which is caused by the forge mini-event. Once you get the backpack, collect all potions you find, don't drink them straight away. Try to get at least 4 potions that are not blue and 2 blue ones, before drinking them. Always remember which is your higher addicition, and apply the statue to that stat.

As soon has you have 50 coins, get access to the forge and if you can craft the knuckles. If you have spare coins, cleanse your addiction/corrpution at the church.

Grind a bit in the forest, once you have increade stats (at least 140-160 each), get the map to the deep forest, so that you can alternate forest in the morning, deep forest in the afternoon. Unless your current stats are very bad, keep exporing all day; run away if needed. The more you explore, the more you grind coins and potions.

Rinse and repeat until you have very good stat and you have collected enough loot in the deep forest.

Then, face the swamp. Consider that Mia encounter will leave you naked, so unless you want to pile up corruption in the city, once you start facing the swamp you will have to stay in the wild for a while. Don't face any of the three bosses until you are confident of being able to crush anything that is in the swamp. If you have ground your way to the swamp correctly, always keeping the addiction under control, you should be able to mown through the swamp with little effort. I suggest you defeat every enemy at least 5 times before facing the bosses.

With this approach, you will have a very slow but solid start and you should be able to complete the game in a couple of hours. (I'm assuming you will continue after day 15)

herowedeserve
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by herowedeserve »

Love the updates! The game is still great and the increased variety is fun. Love the tavern jobs. It definitely is easier now with another addiction and pretty easy gold in the tavern - in my first run I got 79 points, which is higher than I recall getting in v0.7. I definitely would still echo my earlier recommendation of balancing the rewards so you get an item with a lower amount of gold. Also, there is a minor issue of once you get a recipe from an enemy you have minimal incentive to beat them as the money alone will rarely be worth it if you have no chance at an item. I also agree with an earlier commenter that having an enemy that interacts with escaping would be great. Is the game pretty much at a monthly update cycle at this point? I'm already eager for v0.8 :-D . Thanks again for your work!
FatherDarkness
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by FatherDarkness »

Excellent additions in this iteration. I found the gameplay easier/more balanced this time. Making it so you can get wood in the Forest is a massive improvement. The new addiction and all of the encounters related to it are fantastic. The jobs in the tavern are very useful, especially for the early game. Their value falls off late game, but I feel that's the point.

I did find a couple of bugs
When checking recipes from the backpack in the base, the dagger shows information for the sword.
The Fallen Champion Sword does not apply the extra corruption damage to the bars of the Amazon's cage. This seems a little odd for me, seeing as how the FCS is very difficult to come by and is costly to make.
Things I enjoyed:
Mia's minigame. Baller. Every time I end up there I want to push it as far as I can before hitting the bad end.
The Swamp is starting to feel much more high risk, high reward. The way Sarah triggers an addiction check at the end is excellent.

Hannah is still phenomenal. Lisa doing slightly less damage is a very welcome adjustment and seems more balanced with the rest of the Deep Forest. Mona is very well balanced. If you go to the Deep Forest too soon you can end up in a lot of trouble very quickly between Hannah and Mona, but if you play it right it is very manageable.
Things I think could be tweaked a bit:
The Amazons. I have found that a couple of times I have been sent back to the cage and another encounter will start without having any opportunity to try to escape. The number of times you need to hit the bars also seems a little excessive, even with the sword. Either that or the number of events there before you lose the option of resisting is too low. In Mia's extras you are aware that your lust is increasing, corruption is increasing, and addictions are increasing. You know that you should probably set about escaping, but you kind of want to linger as long as possible which gives a bit of a thrill of risk taking. With the Amazons there is no indicators for where your status is at. A possibility to make it more interactive is to have each scene with the amazons increase corruption by a little bit (by say 1 if you resist, or 2-3 if you comply), and each resist option have a corruption check (of say, 5). This would make it a little more interactive (in keeping with the rest of the scenarios) and give the player a little bit of hope for escaping.

The Fallen Champion Sword. It is very hard to carry enough corruption to make the sword useful without also having the Holy Necklace and the odds of getting both in a playthrough is crazy low.

The Box in the Swamp. I think it takes 3 hits with the sword to get through. The most I have encountered it in a playthrough (by day 15) is twice.

Scores. The easiest way I have found to get a high score is to get an upgraded weapon asap, then complete the Codex entries for the Forest encounters. If one is simply playing for score there isn't really much point in taking on the bosses or even trying much in the Swamp. Content wise it is totally worth it. It makes sense to me to increase the point value of defeating the bosses, and have the point value of more difficult areas' enemies be higher. This would encourage the player to take more risks.

Raven. The encounter always seems a little less than what it should be compared to the others in the Swamp. Having an addiction check (bj/breast) at the "come here" pages would bring it much more into the same feel as the rest of the Swamp encounters. I also find the lust needed to trigger the strip rather high. With Mia the risk starts at 10 lust. Sarah always carries risk. By the time I get to the Swamp, Raven takes around 40 lust to strip and there is pretty much no risk to the encounter. Having multiple paths to the encounter is brilliant, I just wish they were easier to trigger.

Mia. 10 lust seems a little low. 20 was definitely too high. 15 might be a good compromise. I also find the 50 to be too high for the second check. 35-40 would probably work for that one. In this iteration of the game the only time that I have gotten past Mia without losing clothes is when I had the sword and the stronger status.

Jobs at the Tavern. They often seem to stop after 4-5 slides, which to me really seems like they are just getting started. I have only once so far gotten as far as making a choice during the BJ one. I feel like the odds of a longer job should be increased a bit.
A thought for expanding content:
To incorporate the creampie addiction into the jobs you could have one of the girls proposition the hero during a different job. "Hey, this is fun and all, but I'll give you more coin to come and fuck me". I like risk, so feel throwing in a 10% chance to get dominated and have to pass an addiction check to continue on with the job would keep things spicy.
HC075.png
HC075.png (355.32 KiB) Viewed 1514 times
And having said all of that, this is fantastic content and I am super stoked for whatever you do with it next.
herowedeserve
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by herowedeserve »

A couple other fixes: the description of the dagger recipe in your equipment is wrong, it calls it a long sword and says it deals +10 damage which isn't right. Also, it didn't seem like the eyepatch was working - I didn't get 25% blowjob lust off, the only time I did get it was at the tavern blowjob job.

One thing I think would be really great is being able to buy recipes - they should be expensive, but much as you can buy the materials at a high price if needed, you should be able to get the recipe rather than having to continually escape other enemies and fighting the recipe one until you get the 20% drop. I also agree with another commenter that having the tavern events being longer and more risky would be lots of fun. Thanks for all your work!!!
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Thamrill wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:57 am
heinochen wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:37 pm
herowedeserve wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:22 pm
FatherDarkness wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:54 pm
Thanks for your suggestions guys, it's pretty late here where I live and I'm really tired for today, but tomorrow morning I'll wake up early and do some balance changes on version v0.8. I'm going to implement a only few of those ideas in 0.80(already out), others that might take a little bit more of work will be added in version 0.85 (and yes, you can expect a new version every month :smile:)

Just a heads-up: version 0.80 introduced perks, which made the game even easier when compared to 0.75, so don't be surprised when the update gets here, I'll adopt the same strategy as before, but in the opposite way: I'll add content that makes the game a little harder. When version 1.0 arrives it will be (hopefully) balanced.

Anyway, I'm going to get some sleep, tomorrow I plan to add some of those suggestions so that the 0.80 balance doesn't seem so off

See you all soon

PS: I just fixed all reported bugs
Play Hero Corruption 1
throwJOIP
Explorer
Explorer

Post by throwJOIP »

diogaoo wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:47 am
throwJOIP wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:10 am Maybe I'm just incredibly unlucky, but
I just could NOT get the dagger recipe from Lisa. Even after beating her 15 times, I never got a recipe. There's a 3.5% chance of that happening naturally, so maybe double check?
I thought it was really weird that you had defeated her 15 times and didn't drop it, so I went to checked it out. The odds are
20% as any other recipe
I've also tested it a few times and seems to be working in-game too... Maybe you're just really unlucky at cards, I hope you're lucky in love :-P
In all my runs it took 31 encounters. Are you sure there's no bug? That has a 0.1% chance of happening naturally assuming the odds listed in the codex and in your reply are accurate.
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Thamrill »

diogaoo wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:44 am Just a heads-up: version 0.80 introduced perks, which made the game even easier when compared to 0.75, so don't be surprised when the update gets here, I'll adopt the same strategy as before, but in the opposite way: I'll add content that makes the game a little harder. When version 1.0 arrives it will be (hopefully) balanced.
Just as an opinion, what makes the game quite easy now, as I described in my previous post, is that is quite to easy to grind up stats and gold. So maybe you could implement a way to make grinding more difficult (e.g., the enemies becoming more powerful after some times you defeat them). Another way could be, should you implement a way to play with the enemies as a reward (as I suggested before), to remove the enemy or at least the gold drop after some time. So player would need to face the stronger enemies to progress, rather than farming the weak ones. This approach would also require an alternative way to unlock materials and recipes if you remove the enemy.

Again, my suggestions are just a way to throw ideas on the table, the game shows your great design ability.

Keep up the great work.

Thamrill