[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v0.7c

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v0.7c

Post by diogaoo »

Hello everyone, the next update for my on-going tease is out:

Hero Corruption v0.7c

Changes from 0.65e:
Spoiler: show
NEW LOCATIONS
Tavern (Inside the City)
Fully recover your HP and Lust for a cheap price
Swamp
  • 5 new enemies, including one new major enemy
  • 3 Random Mini-events
  • 1 new Bad End
LOOT SYSTEM
  • 4 new equipments
  • Anal Plug: Decrease Shemale Lust Damage
  • Condom: Decrease Creampie Lust Damage
  • Knuckles: Increase damage by +2
  • A Legendary sword: Who knows?
OTHERS
  • 3 new Status Effects
Restrained: Unable to escape from battles

Stronger: Increases your damage for the rest of the day

Weakened: Decreases your damage for the rest of the day
  • You're now able to carry potions (Backpack required)
  • You can now sell materials at the shop (Backpack required)
  • You can now buy "pure" potions at the shop
  • You'll lose 20% of your current Gold if defeated by HP
  • New sound for handjob attacks
Balance Stuff:
Helen is now a boss in deep forest (found before 12:00)
Escape chance increased from 33% to 50%
Hannah Max HP decreased from 150 to 120
Helen handjob addiction decreased from 2 to 1
Laura creampie addiction decreased from 2 to 1
Lisa creampie addiction decreased from 2 to 1

Version 0.75 is already out on my Patreon:
A new Addiction, Part-time Jobs, 4 New Equipments, New enemies, Events and Bad Endings
I'll be here collecting all the feedback you guys can give me, if you find any bugs, please report here or send me a private message, suggestions are always welcome aswell :smile:
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
Kristycookie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v0.7c

Post by Kristycookie »

I had fun checking out the new location. On my first try it seemed extremely difficult, but I'm going to try more later.

I bet the people who thought the game was too hard before are going to find
the swamp
very frustrating though :-P
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Kristycookie wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:34 pm I had fun checking out the new location. On my first try it seemed extremely difficult, but I'm going to try more later.

I bet the people who thought the game was too hard before are going to find
the swamp
very frustrating though :-P
Yeah is a pretty hard area, encoutering
Sophie
without being prepared will most likely end the run of many players.

Here are some spoiler-free tips for anyone interested:
Going straight to the Swamp is not the best strategy, consider spending a little extra time at the Forest.
There are some economic-related decisions that could make some runs a lot easier, but I'll wait a few days for people to figure it out on their own before giving out more tips
Play Hero Corruption 1
pepez
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by pepez »

awesome like always <3
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

pepez wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:20 am awesome like always <3
Glad you liked it pepez :smile: :smile:
Play Hero Corruption 1
mckig
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mckig »

I had a great time with this new version. All I can say here is that the increased escape rate makes the game much more playable.

My most successful strategy so far (definitely a little spoiler heavy for strategists):
The backpack is by far the most important item in the game. Once you have it, you can equip crafted items and deal more damage per turn, reduce lust gained from certain addictions, and sell of useless items for noticeable Gold. If I took it slow in the Forest and got lucky with purple/blue potion combos, I could save for the backpack and be set for the rest of the run.

Once you have the backpack, holding onto blue potions will practically make and red/purple potions you find in Labs completely safe. You can eliminate all corruption and 3 out of the 5 addiction points in the raised category (not to mention, all other addictions also get reduced).
A couple of text bugs I noticed:
Helen's addiction increase messages say +2 when they are really only increasing +1

The escape rate in the Codex is explained as 33% even though you increased it to 50%
As for the new area:
Sophie was very tough, but also fair. I thought I was overprepared and still could not beat her until the second phase.

Raven seems too easy to me. I got way too much free Gold from her, and never even got close to losing. I want to note my maximum lust was over 250 by that point, which may be a large reason why Raven was so easy.

Mia is sneaky hard, especially in multiple successive encounters. Making the player naked either forces them to craft clothes and risk extra corruption or avoid the city altogether, a risk that cannot be made so late into the run.
My negative feedback about the game so far:
Health still seems to lack much importance. It can be helpful against Sandy and Wendy, but Lust is still far more important. I got away with 140 health for 30 days and probably could have realistically gotten away with 100. Maybe this could be counteracted by reducing the player's initial health, but then they could lose nearly any matchup with a little bad luck.

Corruption, in my opinion, is still less beneficial to keep. Increasing maximum lust is still just too important and powerful. I still have not had a run where keeping even a single point of corruption has benefitted me (maybe I am not understanding the benefits).

I feel like Candy should increase Blowjob addiction as well. This is just my opinion based on the pictures, but it definitely is not a balancing issue, as Mia is already in the Swamp.

The Swamp is lacking a Handjob addiction though which makes the game easier (because the Swamp is more concentrated and I can pay at the Church to keep under control, and blue potions passively drop the addiciton) and harder (since any other area has Handjob addictions and I have completely neglected the stat altogether).
Positive feedback so far:
This version of the game felt faster to me. The addition of the Tavern made recovering slightly faster and more convenient when I already needed to go into the city.

The way bosses are implemented to be a barrier to the new area restricts players who are not ready from entering (this could probably be a stat check instead though and the boss could be the 'end' of the area.

The new Swamp enemies are a great challenge, and the nerf to Hannah's Health felt fair and balanced, at the tradeoff of getting trapped if you are too greedy. Overall, many of the enemies are entertaining to fight and make sense.

Also, the net trap event looks like it will be phenomenal, I am excited to see it implemented.
I am overall very impressed by the game, once again. I will be coming back to do a couple more runs and truly test my starting strategy. I am excited to see what this game will have in store in future versions and encourage anyone else's criticism against my own so this game can be as strong as possible.
mckig
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mckig »

Another bug, unsure what caused it but I will try to explain. Somehow got double damage.
I had done the new trap event and gained the addiction and corruption. I do not know if this is when I got double damage. I lost to Raven with the Knuckles and Anal Plug equipped. After this, I definitely noticed my damage had been doubled.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Really liked your feedback and your criticisms, both negative and positive:
mckig wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:24 am My negative feedback about the game so far:
Health still seems to lack much importance. It can be helpful against Sandy and Wendy, but Lust is still far more important. I got away with 140 health for 30 days and probably could have realistically gotten away with 100. Maybe this could be counteracted by reducing the player's initial health, but then they could lose nearly any matchup with a little bad luck.
I must admit that assign value to the health stat has been a challenge, in the latest version I managed to implement a battle that mainly makes use of that stat, but it's not something I could add to all Encounters, I'm still thinking about how to deal with it properly
mckig wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:24 am
Corruption, in my opinion, is still less beneficial to keep. Increasing maximum lust is still just too important and powerful. I still have not had a run where keeping even a single point of corruption has benefitted me (maybe I am not understanding the benefits).
Corruption is mostly a negative status, its few benefits right now are : Interacting with a certain equipment and increasing the health recovered through masturbation. I believe that, because of the health problem mentioned above, the few benefits of Corruption are being neglected, on the other hand this could be a good thing, theoretically, solving the health issue might increase the usefulness of masturbation and consequently corruption (while still maintaining its negative properties)
I feel like Candy should increase Blowjob addiction as well. This is just my opinion based on the pictures, but it definitely is not a balancing issue, as Mia is already in the Swamp.
It has also occurred to me several times to turn Candy's scenes into blowjob scenes, but I feel that Shemale is already a neglected addiction and at the same time that blowjob is in a lot of encounters, so it's really a balance issue.
The Swamp is lacking a Handjob addiction though which makes the game easier (because the Swamp is more concentrated and I can pay at the Church to keep under control, and blue potions passively drop the addiciton) and harder (since any other area has Handjob addictions and I have completely neglected the stat altogether).
A handjob enemy will be implemented in the swamp for sure, it wasn't possible to create one in time for version 0.75, but it's already on the works.
mckig wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:24 am A couple of text bugs I noticed:
Helen's addiction increase messages say +2 when they are really only increasing +1

The escape rate in the Codex is explained as 33% even though you increased it to 50%
mckig wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:29 am Another bug, unsure what caused it but I will try to explain. Somehow got double damage.
I had done the new trap event and gained the addiction and corruption. I do not know if this is when I got double damage. I lost to Raven with the Knuckles and Anal Plug equipped. After this, I definitely noticed my damage had been doubled.
Thanks for the reports, I just fixed them :-)
Raven seems too easy to me. I got way too much free Gold from her, and never even got close to losing. I want to note my maximum lust was over 250 by that point, which may be a large reason why Raven was so easy.

Mia is sneaky hard, especially in multiple successive encounters. Making the player naked either forces them to craft clothes and risk extra corruption or avoid the city altogether, a risk that cannot be made so late into the run.
Agree, I'll see what I can do
--------------
Thank you very much for your criticisms and suggestions, I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the game and considering replaying it in order to validate the strategies you've already developed, have fun while doing so and if you feel like it, come back and tell us if they worked :-D
Play Hero Corruption 1
lapenolive
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by lapenolive »

Thank you this is great work.
The tavern event can probably only be seen in the next version?
I'm looking forward to the next version!
Thank you!
pepez
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by pepez »

I find bug
In shop there is no Sell option, only buy
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

lapenolive wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:59 am Thank you this is great work.
The tavern event can probably only be seen in the next version?
I'm looking forward to the next version!
Thank you!
Hi lapenolive, thank you for your feedback
Yeah, that area is dedicated to the part-time jobs,the new feature on 0.75
Play Hero Corruption 1
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

pepez wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:05 am I find bug
pepez,
In order to sell materials at the shop you need the Backpack, you can buy it for 50G
Play Hero Corruption 1
pepez
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by pepez »

diogaoo wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:24 am
pepez,
In order to sell materials at the shop you need the Backpack, you can buy it for 50G
I just notice :look: sorry :innocent:
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

pepez wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:34 am
diogaoo wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:24 am
pepez,
I just notice :look: sorry :innocent:
No worries! Have fun :-D
Play Hero Corruption 1
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Forgotten24 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:01 pm Great Tease. Wher did you found the sounds?
Wasn't that hard honestly, I pretty much just googled everything and downloaded the most fitting ones
Play Hero Corruption 1