[META] Thoughts about Contest Categories

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
bennygrimm
Explorer
Explorer

[META] Thoughts about Contest Categories

Post by bennygrimm »

When the Hentai category was added, I remember thinking "Does it need its own category?" and now, I'm pretty glad it has its own contest.

I was thinking about a few new potential categories for contests. I know these might require significant extra work for admins, and I don't want to volunteer someone else's time in coordinating, but here's what I'm thinking:

Right now we have Classic, Interactive, and Hentai.

Classic is more meant to indicate the older interface, and not imply that you're not interacting. Talented tease authors have done CYOA style teases in "Classic" format, but those are by all accounts, "interactive."

What if we added contests for the following though:

Classic
Classic Series (for teases that are part of a series)
Classic JOI (for teases that don't follow a coherent story as much as just a Jerk Off Instructions tease)
Hentai
Interactive
Interactive Series
Foreign Language

I don't know if Interactive needs a JOI subheading (because the metronome and timer features allow you to pretty much integrate "instructions" into the tease seamlessly), but that would also be something to consider.

I think series having their own contest makes the contests a little more equitable (because it means people don't vote for/against something that's a favorite *series* even if that installment can't really hang with standalones for the month), and I think we have a LOT of German content (and possibly other languages?) that get uploaded every month, but that stand very little chance because there's a huge barrier if you don't speak the language?

These are just some musings. If this is the wrong forum for this, I'm sorry. Thoughts?

Thanks for reading!
I'm moving some of my most popular stories to Amazon.

You can find out about the new stories that I'm publishing alongside stories from my friends at Hyperkube Publishing Co. –– Subscribe to our email list for exclusive deals and updates!

mike225
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): not owned, would like to try it online
Sub/Slave(s): Do not own anyone but would be willing to give that a try as well

Re: [META] Thoughts about Contest Categories

Post by mike225 »

Benny,
I don't this is a bad idea, you might want to PM Seraphox (or a moderator), because the have access the coding and the behind the scenes stuff. The community alone can make changes to the layout of this site.
I once emailed Seraphox and he seems like a level-headed awesome guy (he is the founder of this site if you weren't aware.
Thanks for being part of Milovana :)
bennygrimm
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bennygrimm »

mike225 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:47 pm Benny,
I don't this is a bad idea, you might want to PM Seraphox (or a moderator), because the have access the coding and the behind the scenes stuff. The community alone can make changes to the layout of this site.
I once emailed Seraphox and he seems like a level-headed awesome guy (he is the founder of this site if you weren't aware.
Thanks for being part of Milovana :)
Thanks for the info!
I'm moving some of my most popular stories to Amazon.

You can find out about the new stories that I'm publishing alongside stories from my friends at Hyperkube Publishing Co. –– Subscribe to our email list for exclusive deals and updates!

Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Shattered »

There are some changes coming to Milovana I believe - revamping totm to make it more streamlined and varied would have some appeal.

For context, right now every month I have to manually prepare the hentai category while the other two are quite painless.

But if we have 3 classic contest catagories, a fair few months there would only be one nominee which defeats the point.

It makes sense to lump teases together in terms of content though like that, but it relies on the tease creators correctly identifying their own teases under the correct catagories, and...given I imagine not all creators even know about totm seems like an impossible task :lol: