RLGL-Player (version 0.12.4)

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Re: RLGL-Player (version 0.12.0)

Post by Augustulus »

Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:03 pm To me that seems like an independent issue. Currently if you have a playlist saved and try to run it after a file is moved you get a black screen.(Tested with a small set of images) So saving an extra value for display time isn't going to change that for better or worse.

I don't have that much experience with saving data, but I think you can just tag it at the end of the filename and parse the code on load.
Example:

Code: Select all

image.jpeg&t=12
Not sure how quick that is compared to other methods however.
Ah, I understand. I thought about setting it individually for each image and not tied to a playlist. Yeah, setting it playlist-specific should be possible without much extra afford.

Random popping up censorbars should now be fixed, but I noticed that they can also appear above the preferences window in case it is over the video player and the phase changes. I'll leave that as minor issue for now.

I could not reproduce getting the player in the back while in a session, but I guess it has something to do with losing focus sometimes. I made sure that the focus is now returned properly. So, hopefully this fixes it. In case not: Let me know what happens.

I could not re
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:49 pm Bug: Ending Settings - Chance distribution does not function properly when decreasing.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Enable two endings
  2. Drag ending #1 to 100%
  3. Drag ending #1 back down to 0%
Result: Ending #2 is at 98%.
Expected result: Ending #2 is at 100%.

Related bug: Total chance of two endings can be set to more than 100%.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Enable three endings
  2. Set ending #1 to 100%
  3. Disable ending #1
Result: Ending #2 is set to 100% and ending #3 is set to 98%. Total chance is 198%.
Expected result: Ending #2 and ending #3 are both set to 50%.
I could not reproduce the first situation. I get always a correct result. Maybe something other is set that is affecting this also?
I did a quick fix on the second bug. The expected result is not achieved, but at least only one other ending is set to 100%. I guess this is enough for now. Maybe this has also fixed the first bug for you.

Lastly I've added the option to restart a session and save a session as a playlist from the sessions-menu.

I did not touch the censor editor for now :-)

Augustulus
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: RLGL-Player (version 0.12.0)

Post by Triple Alfa »

Augustulus wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:07 am Random popping up censorbars should now be fixed
This does appear fixed now.
I could not reproduce getting the player in the back while in a session, but I guess it has something to do with losing focus sometimes. I made sure that the focus is now returned properly. So, hopefully this fixes it. In case not: Let me know what happens.
Since the random censor bug above was fixed I tried to recreate the error with censors enabled and was unable to do so. This seems fixed.
I could not re
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:49 pm Bug: Ending Settings - Chance distribution does not function properly when decreasing.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Enable two endings
  2. Drag ending #1 to 100%
  3. Drag ending #1 back down to 0%
Result: Ending #2 is at 98%.
Expected result: Ending #2 is at 100%.

Related bug: Total chance of two endings can be set to more than 100%.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Enable three endings
  2. Set ending #1 to 100%
  3. Disable ending #1
Result: Ending #2 is set to 100% and ending #3 is set to 98%. Total chance is 198%.
Expected result: Ending #2 and ending #3 are both set to 50%.
I could not reproduce the first situation. I get always a correct result. Maybe something other is set that is affecting this also?
I did a quick fix on the second bug. The expected result is not achieved, but at least only one other ending is set to 100%. I guess this is enough for now. Maybe this has also fixed the first bug for you.
The first issue seems to be fixed along with the second issue.
I have however found a new related bug.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Enable three endings.
  2. Set Ending #2 to 10% and lock it
  3. Set Ending #3 to 90% and lock it
  4. Disable Ending #1-3 in that order
  5. Enable Ending #1
Result: Ending #3 does not update to 100% when disabling Ending #2. Ending #1 visually shows to be at 90% after disabling Ending #3. Both these cases can be corrected by switching to a different tab and switching back.
Expected result: Ending #3 should update to 100% when Ending #2 is disabled. Ending #1 should show to be at 100% after being enabled in step 5.

Another related bug.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Have three Endings ready
  2. Enable Ending #1 & #2
  3. Set Ending #2 to 10% and lock it
  4. Disable Ending #2
  5. Enable Ending #3
  6. Set Ending #3 to 100% and lock it
  7. Disable Ending #1
  8. Enable Ending #2
Result: Ending #2 is at 10%. Ending #3 is at 100%. Total chance is 110%. This is not a visual bug as switching tabs and even saving and reopening the preferences does not fix it.
Expected result: Either Ending #2 or #3 is lowered by 10% to reduce the total chance back down to 100%.
Lastly I've added the option to restart a session and save a session as a playlist from the sessions-menu.
Both buttons refer to "last session". This makes sense when the session has ended, but the buttons are available during the session. I think it would be better to name them "Restart session" and "Save session as playlist" to avoid confusion over which session is targeted by the functions.

Bugs:
  • With a playlist full of images some images are displayed for a shorter time than the display time setting.(Some as short as ~1 second with a setting of 10 seconds.)
  • The bottom border can currently be set to 94% before the volume slider starts overlapping the video. It might be a good idea to make the current 94% the new 100% and prevent scaling below that.
Edit #1:
Minor Bug: If a session ends on an image while RLGL-Player is in a small window, enlarging the window does not cause the image to rescale to the proper resolution. Note: RLGL-Player does rescale the image correctly while the session is still running.

Edit #2:
  • The Load screen still refers to entries in the list as "Queued videos". This is no longer correct after the addition of image support. The same is true for the "Shuffle videos"-checkbox.
  • Since Images are now supported and playlists can become larger and more complex I think it would be a good idea to have a preview of the selected image displayed in the main window. This would make reordering the playlist a lot easier. (Support for videos would be cool as well, but I know that load times might be problematic for that.)
  • If you select a file in a playlist and remove it nothing is selected afterwards. This makes removing multiple files annoying and time consuming. It'd be nice if instead the file below the removed file was selected instead.
  • It'd be convenient if the delete-key could be used to remove files from a playlist.
Mopar
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Re: RLGL-Player (version 0.12.2)

Post by Mopar »

Augustulus wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:07 pm I've changed the censor editor also to the new vlc-plug-in, but did not do any big testing, since it seems to be not much used and I have plans adding automatic censoring to it. If you experience any bugs now, please tell me.
It is quite a unique feature and I am here to show my support. Keying in censorbars would be a bit tedious and why I have not used it at all. I am all for random censorbars. What about semi-opaque censorbars but allowing them to stack? That would be really fun and probably a favorite.

Bugs:

Initial no edge period (s) in itself sounds confusing and should be just Initial edge phase or Initial edging phase. Your first edging phase still selects a number of seconds between the min and the max, not this number.

Restarting a session resets the sound volume if muted. Can the icon toggle be toggleable between muted and unmuted?

When loading a set of images, the censorbar gets removed just slightly before the current image is uploaded/switched.
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Triple Alfa »

Mopar wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:41 pm Initial no edge period (s) in itself sounds confusing and should be just Initial edge phase or Initial edging phase. Your first edging phase still selects a number of seconds between the min and the max, not this number.
I think you are misunderstanding this setting. It represents the time before the first edging phase can begin.
If for example you set this setting to 300 seconds you would only get green and red lights for at least 300 seconds. After that edge phases are allowed to appear.
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

Mopar wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:41 pm It is quite a unique feature and I am here to show my support. Keying in censorbars would be a bit tedious and why I have not used it at all. I am all for random censorbars. What about semi-opaque censorbars but allowing them to stack? That would be really fun and probably a favorite.
Thanks, yeah! I know it's currently like using a real video editor. Practically the same like everyone who makes the great videos you can find on the web. Ever wondered why they are so short? It's because it's so tedious to do :-). But I'm currently working on an overhaul to automate(!) this process! I'm pretty sure that you'll have to polish the censorbars of the videos/images afterwards a little bit if you want "great" results, but also the automated process should get nice results. At least way nicer than the current random ones.

I've looked into the censorbars and changing the opacity is possible, I guess I will include that also.
I'm unsure what you expect on stacking censorbars:
Increasing the opacity of the whole bar? That would be easier with other methods.
Or increasing the opacity only in parts of the censorbar?
Mopar wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:41 pm Bugs:

Initial no edge period (s) in itself sounds confusing and should be just Initial edge phase or Initial edging phase. Your first edging phase still selects a number of seconds between the min and the max, not this number.

Restarting a session resets the sound volume if muted. Can the icon toggle be toggleable between muted and unmuted?

When loading a set of images, the censorbar gets removed just slightly before the current image is uploaded/switched.
Like Triple Alfa said: you got that wrong. Hope you understand his explanation. If you have a better description for the period without edging in the beginning of a session , feel free to suggest it :-).

I was not able to reproduce the sound bug. Could you please be more specific what you did that led to the bug. Then I would look into it again.

Mute/Unmute is now possible with a click on the speaker-icon.
I also fixed showing images between censorbars are set.
Triple Alfa wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:08 pm Since the random censor bug above was fixed I tried to recreate the error with censors enabled and was unable to do so. This seems fixed.
Great :-)
Triple Alfa wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:08 pm Steps to reproduce:
  1. Enable three endings.
  2. Set Ending #2 to 10% and lock it
  3. Set Ending #3 to 90% and lock it
  4. Disable Ending #1-3 in that order
  5. Enable Ending #1
Result: Ending #3 does not update to 100% when disabling Ending #2. Ending #1 visually shows to be at 90% after disabling Ending #3. Both these cases can be corrected by switching to a different tab and switching back.
Expected result: Ending #3 should update to 100% when Ending #2 is disabled. Ending #1 should show to be at 100% after being enabled in step 5.

Another related bug.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Have three Endings ready
  2. Enable Ending #1 & #2
  3. Set Ending #2 to 10% and lock it
  4. Disable Ending #2
  5. Enable Ending #3
  6. Set Ending #3 to 100% and lock it
  7. Disable Ending #1
  8. Enable Ending #2
Result: Ending #2 is at 10%. Ending #3 is at 100%. Total chance is 110%. This is not a visual bug as switching tabs and even saving and reopening the preferences does not fix it.
Expected result: Either Ending #2 or #3 is lowered by 10% to reduce the total chance back down to 100%.
I've did a little bit "fixing" but it is far from being good. I've also noticed now that there are cases where the percentage stays under 100%. I'll guess I have to redesign this later :weep:.
Triple Alfa wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:08 pm Both buttons refer to "last session". This makes sense when the session has ended, but the buttons are available during the session. I think it would be better to name them "Restart session" and "Save session as playlist" to avoid confusion over which session is targeted by the functions.
That was exactly my first version. Added the "last" as a last minute change and changed it now back. You're definitely right.
Triple Alfa wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:08 pm
  • With a playlist full of images some images are displayed for a shorter time than the display time setting.(Some as short as ~1 second with a setting of 10 seconds.)
  • The bottom border can currently be set to 94% before the volume slider starts overlapping the video. It might be a good idea to make the current 94% the new 100% and prevent scaling below that.
Edit #1:
Minor Bug: If a session ends on an image while RLGL-Player is in a small window, enlarging the window does not cause the image to rescale to the proper resolution. Note: RLGL-Player does rescale the image correctly while the session is still running.

Edit #2:
  • The Load screen still refers to entries in the list as "Queued videos". This is no longer correct after the addition of image support. The same is true for the "Shuffle videos"-checkbox.
  • Since Images are now supported and playlists can become larger and more complex I think it would be a good idea to have a preview of the selected image displayed in the main window. This would make reordering the playlist a lot easier. (Support for videos would be cool as well, but I know that load times might be problematic for that.)
  • If you select a file in a playlist and remove it nothing is selected afterwards. This makes removing multiple files annoying and time consuming. It'd be nice if instead the file below the removed file was selected instead.
  • It'd be convenient if the delete-key could be used to remove files from a playlist.
I didn't experience different display times with images. Was this more towards the end of a session? So after longer times running? I could think of a timer not being exact.

Set the bottom border to be between 100 - 94 %.

"Fixed" the bug by stopping the video manually after the session ends. A black screen is also better in case you want to stop a session "fast" :lol:

Thanks. If you've seen the dialog as many times as I did, you don't read anything anymore :smile:.

Fixed the selection after deleting an element in the playlist. Made it also possible to remove elements with delete-key and added a small preview for images. Sadly video preview not supported at the moment.

Augustulus
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Triple Alfa »

Augustulus wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:18 am I didn't experience different display times with images. Was this more towards the end of a session? So after longer times running? I could think of a timer not being exact.
I tested this again with the new version and it seems to be fixed. Might have been related to something else you fixed.
Thanks. If you've seen the dialog as many times as I did, you don't read anything anymore :smile:.
I know that feeling. It's always good to have a separate pair of eyes looking at your content.(I almost missed it as well.)

New bugs:
  1. In the load menu, with a media entry selected, using any key on the keyboard deletes the currently selected entry.
  2. If RLGL-Player crashes the preferences that were changed and saved in that session are reset when RLGL-Player is restarted.
  3. Crash: I managed to make the player crash by doing a combination of muting, mousing over the volume bar, restarting the session, and losing focus of the window. The crash happens as the playlist ends. I do not yet have a repeatable way to crash it. I think it has something to do with the fact that the volume bar is loaded as a separate element that overlaps the window, as during the crash I could see the volume bar as a separate window in my windows taskbar.
New feedback:
  1. The transition into an ending needs something to smooth it out. Currently it is possible to get awkward scenarios like:
    • Edge light appears for 1 second, Ending starts
    • Player is under edge light, ending starts with green light while "Allow green phase after edge phase" option is turned off.
  2. Just wanted to throw another idea onto the pile. I think it could be really cool if players could share their endings.
    Just share a string that could be loaded as a new ending.
    (This would require the name of the ending to no longer be the key, to prevent issues, but I guess that is already on the todo list.)
  3. I just realized that the warning box that appears when starting a session that is too short for the selected ending has some limitations.
    1. It does not mention the name of the ending it is warning you about.
    2. It will warn you about the difference between the shortest ending that is selected and the length of the playlist, but will not warn you about longer endings not being compatible. The warning should trigger on the longest selected ending, not the shortest. Otherwise players are unaware that not all their selected endings are actually applied.
    3. There is no way to cancel out of the starting process. Clicking the X-button still continues to start the playlist. I would expect the warning to appear before the loading process is started and before the Load menu disappears. In that case the warning should ask the player if they want to continue. Yes would load the playlist, no would cancel the loading and return the player to the Load menu.
I also wanted to say that I'm proud of the progress that has been made so far. Things are moving along very quickly.
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

Triple Alfa wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:21 pm
I know that feeling. It's always good to have a separate pair of eyes looking at your content.(I almost missed it as well.)
That's why I'm really thankful for all your feedback :-) :love:
New bugs:
  1. In the load menu, with a media entry selected, using any key on the keyboard deletes the currently selected entry.
  2. If RLGL-Player crashes the preferences that were changed and saved in that session are reset when RLGL-Player is restarted.
  3. Crash: I managed to make the player crash by doing a combination of muting, mousing over the volume bar, restarting the session, and losing focus of the window. The crash happens as the playlist ends. I do not yet have a repeatable way to crash it. I think it has something to do with the fact that the volume bar is loaded as a separate element that overlaps the window, as during the crash I could see the volume bar as a separate window in my windows taskbar.
  1. I'm clearly dumb :lol:. Forgot to limit deletion on the delete key. Would have worked with any key at the moment as long as an element was selected :whistle:
  2. I added also more points were the preferences are actually saved to disk. This should reduce loss to a minimum.
  3. I did not experience this, but I'll keep my eyes open.
New feedback:
  1. The transition into an ending needs something to smooth it out. Currently it is possible to get awkward scenarios like:
    • Edge light appears for 1 second, Ending starts
    • Player is under edge light, ending starts with green light while "Allow green phase after edge phase" option is turned off.
  2. Just wanted to throw another idea onto the pile. I think it could be really cool if players could share their endings.
    Just share a string that could be loaded as a new ending.
    (This would require the name of the ending to no longer be the key, to prevent issues, but I guess that is already on the todo list.)
  3. I just realized that the warning box that appears when starting a session that is too short for the selected ending has some limitations.
    1. It does not mention the name of the ending it is warning you about.
    2. It will warn you about the difference between the shortest ending that is selected and the length of the playlist, but will not warn you about longer endings not being compatible. The warning should trigger on the longest selected ending, not the shortest. Otherwise players are unaware that not all their selected endings are actually applied.
    3. There is no way to cancel out of the starting process. Clicking the X-button still continues to start the playlist. I would expect the warning to appear before the loading process is started and before the Load menu disappears. In that case the warning should ask the player if they want to continue. Yes would load the playlist, no would cancel the loading and return the player to the Load menu.
I also wanted to say that I'm proud of the progress that has been made so far. Things are moving along very quickly.
I've tried to smooth things out a little bit. Like not deciding for an edge if it is already so close to the ending that no other phase could be executed properly and if the newly generated phase will end only a couple seconds before the ending starts, it will be extended a little bit.
Testing this is a little bit tedious due to the randomness, so I guess we'll see if this works over time.

It is already possible to exchange endings. I've designed this from the beginning. Just share the *.ending-file with the world and it will automatically loaded on next start if placed in the folder. The only restriction is that the name of the ending needs to be unique. If there is already an ending with this name present, then it will not be loaded a second time.
I'm open for suggestions about an automated id system to make sure that each ending is recognized. I'm not seeing a way to do this without a centralized application like a server and I want to avoid this.

Yeah I know about the warning it's more a general approach meant to state that something is wrong without crashing and to be replaced once I'm done with the censoring overhaul.

Personally I'm a little bit hyped that automated censoring might be finally possible, so I'm pushing things a little bit to get it done :-D.

Augustulus
Mopar
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Mopar »

Augustulus wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:18 am But I'm currently working on an overhaul to automate(!) this process! I'm pretty sure that you'll have to polish the censorbars of the videos/images afterwards a little bit if you want "great" results, but also the automated process should get nice results. At least way nicer than the current random ones.
HYPE! The current censorbars are currently just randomly sized in a singular location at the moment I think?
Augustulus wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:18 am I've looked into the censorbars and changing the opacity is possible, I guess I will include that also.
I'm unsure what you expect on stacking censorbars:
Increasing the opacity of the whole bar? That would be easier with other methods.
Or increasing the opacity only in parts of the censorbar?
Striving for 100% accurate censorbars might be mesmerizing and cool but I can see another way. It only has to pinpoint markers on the areas that need to be censored, then random censorbars can be spawn/despawn in the area. By stacking, multiple censorbars would be on screen at once and could overlap. One area being 33% opacity and with another censorbar overlapping it, the opposite side being more heavily censored at 66%. Some of these censorbars could even be diagonal across the entire video area like a big X over identified area that is to be censored.
Augustulus wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:18 am Like Triple Alfa said: you got that wrong. Hope you understand his explanation. If you have a better description for the period without edging in the beginning of a session , feel free to suggest it :-).
Delay before first edge period?

What I describe should also be a thing since it always takes longer to get to my first edge so a longer edging phase on your first one is necessary.
Augustulus wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:18 am I was not able to reproduce the sound bug. Could you please be more specific what you did that led to the bug. Then I would look into it again.

Mute/Unmute is now possible with a click on the speaker-icon.
I also fixed showing images between censorbars are set.
Awesome! I tried loading a single video, then muting the sound and restarting the session. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the sound bug either so am not sure what caused that to happen.
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Triple Alfa »

Augustulus wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:55 pm It is already possible to exchange endings. I've designed this from the beginning. Just share the *.ending-file with the world and it will automatically loaded on next start if placed in the folder. The only restriction is that the name of the ending needs to be unique. If there is already an ending with this name present, then it will not be loaded a second time.
I'm open for suggestions about an automated id system to make sure that each ending is recognized. I'm not seeing a way to do this without a centralized application like a server and I want to avoid this.
Well the easiest way to avoid issues is to allow players to rename endings. That way if they download a new ending that has the same name they can change one of them to a different name.
I know you said before that currently the name is used as a key. Without knowing how your code actually functions I can't really give you any advice on how to modify it to allow renaming.

Edit 1:
One idea that just popped up in my mind is to use the current time in milliseconds or even microseconds to generate a code to use as a key. The chance that two users generate the same code, especially if you use microseconds, is very small. That would then transform the name into just another variable that can be easily changed.

Personally I'm a little bit hyped that automated censoring might be finally possible, so I'm pushing things a little bit to get it done :-D.
I love AI stuff, so seeing things like this become possible is very exciting.
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: RLGL-Player (version 0.12.4)

Post by Triple Alfa »

Bug Report for 0.12.4:
In the Load screen, after you click on a button using the arrow keys will scroll the focus through all the elements of the screen.
This is a problem because:
  1. When the focus reaches the Loop playlist element the arrow keys will now start to manipulate the loop number.
  2. If you are adjusting the playlist and click on a button like Up or Remove you can no longer scroll through the list using the arrow keys. It is also deceptive as the list will still show the element in the list as selected while the focus has shifted away.
I think it would be preferable if the arrow keys could only scroll through the Queued Media list.
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

Hey :wave:,

just wanted to give some status update: I've integrated automatic censoring already in my development environment. It looks nice on images. Videos seems to be okay but could do way better. On my machine it takes a good amount of time to detect the censor parts in a video compared to the duration. Example: my 1:09 minute test-video takes about 1:30 to get censored. A 5 minute video took about 8 minutes.

The main features that need to be implemented now are the new editing functionalities.
Unfortunately I have not much time to work on the application at the moment, so I guess it will take a while until I'm finished with this update :-/.

Augustulus
Mopar
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Mopar »

Any chance we can test the update out in its current state? :-D :rolleyes: :whistle:
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

Mopar wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:49 pm Any chance we can test the update out in its current state? :-D :rolleyes: :whistle:
When I have time and cleaned up a little bit the current code I could maybe release a preview :unsure:
Don't know if this will work, but I guess I need at least a week to do this :-/.
Mopar
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Mopar »

Augustulus wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:44 pm When I have time and cleaned up a little bit the current code I could maybe release a preview :unsure:
Don't know if this will work, but I guess I need at least a week to do this :-/.
How is the update coming along?
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

Mopar wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:38 am
Augustulus wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:44 pm When I have time and cleaned up a little bit the current code I could maybe release a preview :unsure:
How is the update coming along?
Sadly not so good :-/, since I've been bound to a work-project at the moment, which consumes a lot of time.
But thanks for reminding me, that this project is still of interest. As soon as I have enough time to work on it again I will do so :-).