FlashTease Issues

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
odawg
Explorer
Explorer

FlashTease Issues

Post by odawg »

Hi. I've just used the old NYX flash tease editor in an old brower (Firefox) to edit and rerelease an old webteases, and I then republished one

https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=32858

But when I tested it on the site, every page has this on it:

<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2">
<FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">Welcome!!!</FONT>

</TEXTFORMAT>

Is there any way around this?
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Re: FlashTease Issues

Post by Augustulus »

Hey,

saw your tease yesterday and it's really a shame that no one seems to have a solution for this.
Personally I have only little experience with nyx and eos, but with programming in general and it looks like there is a formatting error somewhere.

To make it clear: You opened the old tease in nyx, edited it and then published it again? Or did you recreated the script in eos?

Was the preview in nyx correct?
There is the tab "script" in the nyx-editor, which shows some code. If you provide me a screenshot or the text itself I would look into it.

Augustulus
odawg
Explorer
Explorer

Post by odawg »

Augustulus wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:58 pm Hey,

saw your tease yesterday and it's really a shame that no one seems to have a solution for this.
Personally I have only little experience with nyx and eos, but with programming in general and it looks like there is a formatting error somewhere.

To make it clear: You opened the old tease in nyx, edited it and then published it again? Or did you recreated the script in eos?

Was the preview in nyx correct?
There is the tab "script" in the nyx-editor, which shows some code. If you provide me a screenshot or the text itself I would look into it.

Augustulus
Hey!!!

Yes, I first published these teases in 2016 using the Nyx editor - then removed them after the competition finished in 2017, then went back into the Nyx editor in 2020 and have made changes to them in the Nyx editor, and then published the same teases again. (So no i have not used the EOS editor) Milovana now openes all flash teases in the EOS viewer, but possibly because I have gone and made changes, it has confused the EOS viewer

If you use an old browser and change it from (showtease to showflash) https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=32616 to https://milovana.com/webteases/showflash.php?id=32616 it openes up the tease in flash and the teases work perfectly. Therefore I don't think there any problem with the coding itself, but simply the EOS viewer opening a Nyx flashtease. I have attached a screenshot of the coding from the Nyx viewer of Easy But Difficult 7 Games C and D - if you want me to copy and paste and pm u the entire code, please let me know

Cheers
Attachments
nyx.png
nyx.png (55.01 KiB) Viewed 2413 times
odawg
Explorer
Explorer

Post by odawg »

Hi All

Just updating that I managed to fix the problem simply by deleting the unneccessary code - so hopefully by now most of the pages are back to normal! :)

Thanks to all who helped me!

Happy New Year!
Xena17
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Xena17 »

Hi,
which parts of the code did you delete exactly? I got the same problem.
Xena17
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Xena17 »

_
Attachments
tease
tease
2.png (872.01 KiB) Viewed 2312 times
script
script
1.png (254.3 KiB) Viewed 2312 times
odawg
Explorer
Explorer

Post by odawg »

You need to remove all the text between the 2 ' ' that you don't want.

Start#page(
' (now delete all the coding between these 2 high dashes that you don't want) ',
Pic(no-23........ Etc

It's best to copy and paste and save the original coding in a word doc, then edit the coding in the word doc and then copy and paste the new coding back over. I went through and individually deleted all the coding one by one, but then learnt there's a search/replace button where you input the coding by copying/pasting, and replace the text with (nothing) and it does it automatically for you.

Let me know if that all makes sense, or if u still need more help
Xena17
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Xena17 »

It worked, thank you :love: