How harsh is DMCA, copyright enforcement on Cock Heroes?

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: How harsh is DMCA, copyright enforcement on Cock Heroes?

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

Depending on the site, you might lose your account. When I originally released my CH vids on PH, two of them got hit with DMCA takedowns, and PH banned my account. After making some adjustments to the videos (basically flipping the footage and cropping out logos), my new account has stuck around, though one video has been taken down. I don't know if they base it on a count or a ratio, but we'll see. I'm not aware of anything worse happening than losing an account, so if you're attached to your PH account, I'd make secondary ones for uploading your videos.
My latest Cock Hero is Sweet Mammaries, a Cock Hero Quickie.

I've also made 4-play, 4-play 2, Getting Down With The Thiccness, Fuck Hard Cum Harder, Filthy Cute and Kittens & Cream. You can stream them all on SpankBang or search up their announce threads here for other options. :)
masperturbator
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by masperturbator »

PH has only hit me when the studio finds their footage through the tags. In nearly all cases I zoom and crop to remove watermarks and letterbox.

Don't upload to an account you would ever give identifying information to.
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

masperturbator wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:22 pm PH has only hit me when the studio finds their footage through the tags. In nearly all cases I zoom and crop to remove watermarks and letterbox.

Don't upload to an account you would ever give identifying information to.
I tag mine and generally haven't had much trouble even so, once I started flipping and cropping. Just like YouTube, PH uses software to scan through the videos and match it to what the studios have registered, so most DMCA claims are due to those scans. Flipping footage and cropping it makes that kind of matching much harder.

I've also made 4-play, 4-play 2, Getting Down With The Thiccness, Fuck Hard Cum Harder, Filthy Cute and Kittens & Cream. You can stream them all on SpankBang or search up their announce threads here for other options. :)
masperturbator
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by masperturbator »

3xTripleXXX wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:13 pm I tag mine and generally haven't had much trouble even so, once I started flipping and cropping. Just like YouTube, PH uses software to scan through the videos and match it to what the studios have registered, so most DMCA claims are due to those scans. Flipping footage and cropping it makes that kind of matching much harder.
I've reuploaded stricken videos without modification except to omit the tags.
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

masperturbator wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:58 pm
3xTripleXXX wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:13 pm I tag mine and generally haven't had much trouble even so, once I started flipping and cropping. Just like YouTube, PH uses software to scan through the videos and match it to what the studios have registered, so most DMCA claims are due to those scans. Flipping footage and cropping it makes that kind of matching much harder.
I've reuploaded stricken videos without modification except to omit the tags.
Yeah, it can be hit or miss. I've uploaded stricken videos with the tags without problem. :) It's quite possible they do both, but that the process takes time. There are a ton of videos uploaded every day, and they obviously don't do the check on upload.

MortonBridges
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: None of the above

Post by MortonBridges »

wellrested wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:05 am The answer to this is yes, some music can result in a takedown (or silencing) of your CH.

Music sounds can be searchable, and if the company can find you using their music then the can do a takedown. Using covers of a song can help (stops algorithm matching), as can using smaller artists (don't have the time/resources to spend on takedowns and they like the publicity/exposure more). Of course an audible beat meter will be likely to trick an algorthm. Putting the names of the songs in the comments makes it easy to find them.
An alternative is music released under Creative Commons, such as can be found on the Free Music Archive (https://freemusicarchive.org/search) among other locations. There are a lot of songs released under "Reuse with attribution", or even more generous terms, that can freely be used in videos so long as you play by the rules of the relevant Creative Commons license.