Fixing the rate-system

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
HentaiHoleGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Fixing the rate-system

Post by HentaiHoleGuy »

My first forum entry, I think. So if I made a mistake, be sure to tell me.

The rating system needs to change. It's just emotionally hurting not only me, but also other hentai-tease (I will use the term "Htease".) creators.
Hteases always have a slope down after release, the ratings go from 3.7-4.5 down to even below 3.0. Only after the game get's a few players, the ratings go up and kinda resemble the actual rating.
I just have checked all 233 teases with 4.5+ ratings. Yes. 233 teases so far. Great job! Only 24 of them are Hteases. I know weird numbers, how they fit like that, but that's what I counted from the simple search option.
Of course one can make the argument, there aren't that many Hteases or that there aren't good Hteases. That could be the deal. Or Hteases getting rated 1 out of 5 stars, making the average much lower. In the May-Fiasco we all could witness an unbelievable increase in votes and newer accounts. The current number one place at that time was Morexis' tease. Mine was second and Orbitee's was third. Then after some time the votes increased for Orbitee's tease. And then there were more and more votes, the most votes given in a month in this websites' history.
One creator claimed:
"And now my tease, that of yesterday was sitting at 4.7, and even earlier today was sitting at 4.7
Now got 100 extra votes and got punched down to 4.4"
Which is of course what can happen when no one has to play a tease in order to rate it. And there's the problem of the ratings.
Another things that bugs me personally, not objectively but subjectively, is that some objectively bad teases let's call them "Hidden yearnings" in this example, are at a good 3.5++ but are just awful. Bad images, 5 to 10 words per page at maximum, typos everywhere. But the ratings are above average. While other, mostly Hteases, have a hard fight to stay above 3.5
Another things is, if I may shit on myself now, my early teases are crap. Before the update I gave to DtHH 1, It was just lazy uncreative shit and badly structured. But still good rated. Or my Picture-in-Picture tease is also incredibly awful. But good rated. So may I also address the regular people of this site, maybe to adjust ratings, making it fair. Even when you love a tease, is it really a 5? But like I said, it's just my subjective opinion.

Maybe 5 is too little? Maybe an "out of 10" would be better and more precise? Who knows.

So to fix the ratings:
You don't have to play a single bit of a game in order to rate it. A more logical rating system would acquire the player to play a tease for a bit, in order to rate it. This could also help with the fake accounts, as it then would be much more work and maybe "Won't worth it" for the htease-hater(s).
Now I see that this is not possible for regular teases. But it certainty is for EOS-teases.

So to fix the ToTM votings:
A jury of people that can vote, but I doubt there would be enough volunteers for that.
Accounts have to be a certain "age" in order to vote for ToTM.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Re: Fixing the rate-system

Post by kerkersklave »

All your teases are rated above for, which is a decent rating. I would expect that Hentai is a niche genre, so it is not surprising that some vote against them. If I look at the EOS hentai teases, they seem to be rated pretty high on average to me.
I always had the impression most users rate teases on how much they like the pictures and for interactive teases they might do that pretty early on.
thatsprettyhot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by thatsprettyhot »

I don't personally know why the rating is found so meaningful.. as long as it's between 3-5 the tease seems worth checking out, and most likely I'll check interesting teases anyway. Also, I don't know in what way the system is broken, I mean who would even have the persistence to facilitate nuking down the rating with lots of accounts? The only ones that annoy me enough to wish I could nuke it, are teases done in a wrong language because the site operates in english, or abusing "teases" just to promote someone searching for sexual company with a 1 page ad.

To remain at rating of 4.0 or above, it has to be very good.. that's all I'll think about it. Also how to explain the higher rating at first? How about the real enthusiast that are very active find it first, and rate high if it's interesting. Then, the grey masses who don't bother to find out so much and easily vote down if it's too slow action or bad pics for their taste...
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

The voting for TOTM was splitted into "normal" and hentai category a while ago because a hentai tease was winning nearly every month and there was really awful stuff that won. After splitting that the vote counts went down instantly.
It seems that there are more trolls in the hentai community, so I wouldn't be wondered when there are still trolls who are interested in voting teases down or up in that category.

Just my thoughts... create a feedback thread and ask people for giving some feedback about your teases.
People who are willing to write something about your tease are way more important because they have interest in your tease and played it, like you asked for. ;-)
I know what I talk about because I create only estim based teases which is also a very little niche. Votes, clicks and TOTM is not really comparable with all the other "normal" teases.
Crimedick wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:16 pm My first forum entry, I think. So if I made a mistake, be sure to tell me.
The only mistake is that you had to create so much teases before you joined the forum. :lol:
Welcome! :wave:
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
HentaiHoleGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by HentaiHoleGuy »

Is this the button to reply to a specific message? Anyways
@lolol2 I should have been more specific about the ratings and votes. The ratings are the tease's individual star-rating and the votes are meant for the ToTM. I like that the hentai ToTM is separated, but that's not really the point. My aim was to talk about how the (ToTM) votes can be abused and were being abused in May. While motive wasn't clear, the Hentai-ToTM May was targeted at Morexis. And assumingly it was because they ask people if those may support them. And things in the tease that are only accessible with a patreon code.
It's more about how Hteases always have a slope down before actual ratings come in. But the 1-star trashvotes still lower the overall average score.
Also, I always ask for feedback in the tease's end or description and it's really helpful and awesome :D
And thanks for welcoming me :)
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

The problem with the may TOTM was already take care about... lets see how effective this will be.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23027

About the star votes... yeah I would recommend just to ignore them. ;-)

And when you ask for feedback I would recommend to create a feedback thread here, so people will more likely react to your teases if they find a place for there respond.
Crimedick wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:57 pm Is this the button to reply to a specific message?
Click on the quote button in the upper right of the post and remove anything around the stuff you want to answer.
You can also copy multiple quotes into one post.
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion