GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.3.4

Post by philo »

lawman5297 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:31 pm I am not sure this this is possible. I have looked at the syntax and I do not think this is possible with XML but you do not know till you ask.

Can the set, if-set, if-not -et attributes be used with a text node? I have the guide downloaded and it does not show it. If not, is that something that could be made possible in a future update? I would be nice not to have to build pages when you want to refer to something earlier in the tease. Example: if you had a girl previously or you did not. Two different narratives could take place depending on if an earlier page had been set, and be done in a single page and not multiples.
It doesn't at the moment,but you can set the text in the onpageload event based on the flags.
That would need javascript so a bit more complex than using ifset attributes
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by lawman5297 »

philo wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:54 pm
lawman5297 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:31 pm I am not sure this this is possible. I have looked at the syntax and I do not think this is possible with XML but you do not know till you ask.

Can the set, if-set, if-not -et attributes be used with a text node? I have the guide downloaded and it does not show it. If not, is that something that could be made possible in a future update? I would be nice not to have to build pages when you want to refer to something earlier in the tease. Example: if you had a girl previously or you did not. Two different narratives could take place depending on if an earlier page had been set, and be done in a single page and not multiples.
It doesn't at the moment,but you can set the text in the onpageload event based on the flags.
Is that something that can be added in the future?
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

lawman5297 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:30 pm

I've requested support for if-set and if-not-set on the text node in the past as well. If memory serves it was on the list of requested features. Hopefully it still is, but that was requested a long time ago so don't hold your breath.

PG
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:53 pm
I've requested support for if-set and if-not-set on the text node in the past as well. If memory serves it was on the list of requested features. Hopefully it still is, but that was requested a long time ago so don't hold your breath.

PG
It is a fair chunk of work to add it in, there is a lot of code that uses the text stuff.
With the job I started a couple of years ago, I have had less time and energy to spend on things like guideme.
I haven't really had a chance to look at it since I spent some time on it at Christmas, so as PG says, it isn't likely to happen any time soon.
If you want to change the text on a page dynamically, it is pretty much javascript to set overRide.setRightHtml in the page load function for the page
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lawman5297 »

philo wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:25 pm
PlayfulGuy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:53 pm

PG
It is a fair chunk of work to add it in, there is a lot of code that uses the text stuff.
With the job I started a couple of years ago, I have had less time and energy to spend on things like guideme.
I haven't really had a chance to look at it since I spent some time on it at Christmas, so as PG says, it isn't likely to happen any time soon.
If you want to change the text on a page dynamically, it is pretty much javascript to set overRide.setRightHtml in the page load function for the page
Thanks Guys!
wheresmything
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wheresmything »

bobhill & philo
Thanks for your efforts, but after going over this again and again, I still can't get it working. Here's the script I've got so far. The app seems to load the arrays ok, and then on the start page, it does create all the appropriate buttons. However, no matter what I try, the buttons don't seem to pass the index value to the setModel function or (after that) overwrite the value for vSelected. Therefore, when I get to the "tease" page, the message I get is always "vSelected is 99" regardless of the button pressed. Why would this be? Thanks.

Incidentally, I did try changing my for loop to the do loop you suggested, but whenever I try that, the app crashes, so I stuck with the for until I can figure the other stuff out.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Tease>
  <Title>At thier whim</Title>
  <Author id="1">
    <Name>"1"</Name>
  </Author>

<MediaDirectory>At thier whim</MediaDirectory>

<Settings>
    <AutoSetPageWhenSeen>false</AutoSetPageWhenSeen>
	<ForceStartPage>true</ForceStartPage>
  </Settings>

<GlobalJavascript>
  <![CDATA[

//Difficulty settings: Very Easy = 0, Easy = 1, Medium = 2, Hard = 3, Very Hard = 4, Insane = 5
	var arrayModel = [
		{ Name: "Abha", 		Difficulty: 2, Path: "Abha" },
		{ Name: "Adele", 		Difficulty: 3, Path: "Adele" },
		{ Name: "Agatha",		Difficulty: 2, Path: "Agatha" },
		{ Name: "Alessa", 		Difficulty: 3, Path: "Alessa" },
		{ Name: "Alex", 		Difficulty: 2, Path: "Alex" },
		{ Name: "Jenja", 		Difficulty: 2, Path: "Jenja" },
		{ Name: "Marie", 		Difficulty: 1, Path: "Marie\\Marie-1" },
		{ Name: "Marie", 		Difficulty: 4, Path: "Marie\\Marie-2" },
		];

//Time is in seconds, chances must add to 100
	var arrayDifficulty = [
		{ Level: "Very Easy", 	DelayMin: 60, 	DelayMax: 180, AllowChance: 15, RuinChance: 20, DenyChance: 65},
		{ Level: "Easy", 		DelayMin: 120, 	DelayMax: 300, AllowChance: 12, RuinChance: 15, DenyChance: 73},
		{ Level: "Medium", 		DelayMin: 180, 	DelayMax: 360, AllowChance: 9, 	RuinChance: 10, DenyChance: 81},
		{ Level: "Hard", 		DelayMin: 300, 	DelayMax: 480, AllowChance: 5, 	RuinChance: 7, 	DenyChance: 88},
		{ Level: "Very Hard", 	DelayMin: 420, 	DelayMax: 600, AllowChance: 3, 	RuinChance: 4, 	DenyChance: 93},
		{ Level: "Insane", 		DelayMin: 600, 	DelayMax: 900, AllowChance: 1, 	RuinChance: 2, 	DenyChance: 97},
	];

//These next three arrays contain responses for each category of answer
	var arrayAllow = [
		"Allow 1",
		"Allow 2",
		"Allow 3",
	];

var arrayRuin = [
		"Ruin 1",
		"Ruin 2",
		"Ruin 3",
	];

var arrayDeny = [
		"Deny 1",
		"Deny 2",
		"Deny 3",
	];

var vSelected = 99;

]]>
  </GlobalJavascript>

<Pages>
    <Page id="start"> 
      <Text>Who'd you like to see?</Text>
      <Image id="test.jpg" />
      <javascript>
	  <![CDATA[
      function pageLoad() {
        var i = 0;
			for (i=0; i < arrayModel.length; i++) {
				var vName = arrayModel[i].Name;
				overRide.addButton("Tease", vName, "", "", "setModel(" + i +")", "", "");
			} 
		}

function setModel(i)
		{
			scriptVars.put("vSelected", i);
		}
	  ]]>	
	  </javascript>
    </Page>

<Page id="Tease"> 
      <Text>Blah blah blah</Text>
		<javascript>
			<![CDATA[
				function pageLoad() {
					var i = scriptVars.get("vSelected");
					overRide.setLeftHtml("vSelected is " + vSelected);
				}
			]]>		
		</javascript>
    </Page>

</Pages>
</Tease>
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

wheresmything wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:57 pm bobhill & philo
Thanks for your efforts, but after going over this again and again, I still can't get it working. Here's the script I've got so far. The app seems to load the arrays ok, and then on the start page, it does create all the appropriate buttons. However, no matter what I try, the buttons don't seem to pass the index value to the setModel function or (after that) overwrite the value for vSelected. Therefore, when I get to the "tease" page, the message I get is always "vSelected is 99" regardless of the button pressed. Why would this be? Thanks.

Incidentally, I did try changing my for loop to the do loop you suggested, but whenever I try that, the app crashes, so I stuck with the for until I can figure the other stuff out.
I've included the full code below (tested in Guideme 3.6).

You're running into trouble because you're using global variables that get re-initialized on every page. The same is actually happening with your arrays, which is not very efficient. They could be initialized once in the pageLoad function of the start page and saved as scriptVars. I've demonstrated this with arrayAllow in my code.
The downside is that every page that needs the array has to use something like

var Models = scriptVars.get("Models");
to get a reference to the array stored in the scriptVars. It's a little less convenient that way, but just so you know, the way you have it coded all those global variables get recreated and re-initialized every time you go to another page that uses javascript, whether those pages use the variables or not. If you make changes to the global variable in one page, your changes disappear on the next page. scriptVars() is how you work around that in GuideMe.

Anyway, the following code does what you want and should help get you going.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Tease>
  <Title>At thier whim</Title>
  <Author id="1">
    <Name>"1"</Name>
  </Author>

<MediaDirectory>At thier whim</MediaDirectory>

<Settings>
    <AutoSetPageWhenSeen>false</AutoSetPageWhenSeen>
	<ForceStartPage>true</ForceStartPage>
  </Settings>

<GlobalJavascript>
  <![CDATA[

//Difficulty settings: Very Easy = 0, Easy = 1, Medium = 2, Hard = 3, Very Hard = 4, Insane = 5
	var arrayModel = [
		{ Name: "Abha", 		Difficulty: 2, Path: "Abha" },
		{ Name: "Adele", 		Difficulty: 3, Path: "Adele" },
		{ Name: "Agatha",		Difficulty: 2, Path: "Agatha" },
		{ Name: "Alessa", 		Difficulty: 3, Path: "Alessa" },
		{ Name: "Alex", 		Difficulty: 2, Path: "Alex" },
		{ Name: "Jenja", 		Difficulty: 2, Path: "Jenja" },
		{ Name: "Marie", 		Difficulty: 1, Path: "Marie\\Marie-1" },
		{ Name: "Marie", 		Difficulty: 4, Path: "Marie\\Marie-2" },
		];

//Time is in seconds, chances must add to 100
	var arrayDifficulty = [
		{ Level: "Very Easy", 	DelayMin: 60, 	DelayMax: 180, AllowChance: 15, RuinChance: 20, DenyChance: 65},
		{ Level: "Easy", 		DelayMin: 120, 	DelayMax: 300, AllowChance: 12, RuinChance: 15, DenyChance: 73},
		{ Level: "Medium", 		DelayMin: 180, 	DelayMax: 360, AllowChance: 9, 	RuinChance: 10, DenyChance: 81},
		{ Level: "Hard", 		DelayMin: 300, 	DelayMax: 480, AllowChance: 5, 	RuinChance: 7, 	DenyChance: 88},
		{ Level: "Very Hard", 	DelayMin: 420, 	DelayMax: 600, AllowChance: 3, 	RuinChance: 4, 	DenyChance: 93},
		{ Level: "Insane", 		DelayMin: 600, 	DelayMax: 900, AllowChance: 1, 	RuinChance: 2, 	DenyChance: 97},
	];

var arrayRuin = [
		"Ruin 1",
		"Ruin 2",
		"Ruin 3",
	];

var arrayDeny = [
		"Deny 1",
		"Deny 2",
		"Deny 3",
	];

]]>
  </GlobalJavascript>

<Pages>
    <Page id="start">
      <Text>Who'd you like to see?</Text>
      <Image id="test.jpg" />
      <javascript>
	  <![CDATA[
      function pageLoad() {
        var i = 0;
        var vSelected = parseInt(scriptVars.get("vSelected"),10);
        var arrayAllow = scriptVars.get("arrayAllow");
        jscriptLog("vSelected = " + vSelected);
        if ( isNaN(vSelected) || vSelected == undefined ) {
          vSelected = 1;
          scriptVars.put("vSelected", vSelected);
          jscriptLog("vSelected initialized to " + vSelected);
        }
        if ( arrayAllow == undefined ) {
          jscriptLog("Initializing arrayAllow");
          arrayAllow = [
        		"Allow 1",
        		"Allow 2",
        		"Allow 3",
        	];
          scriptVars.put("arrayAllow",arrayAllow);
        }

for (i=0; i < arrayModel.length; i++) {
  				var vName = arrayModel[i].Name;
  				overRide.addButton("Tease", vName, "", "", "setModel(" + i +")", "", "");
  			}
        overRide.setHtml("You are currently using " + arrayModel[vSelected].Name);
		}

function setModel(i)
		{
			scriptVars.put("vSelected", i);
		}
	  ]]>
	  </javascript>
    </Page>

<Page id="Tease">
      <Text>Something went wrong</Text>
		<javascript>
			<![CDATA[
				function pageLoad() {
					var i = parseInt(scriptVars.get("vSelected"),10);
          overRide.setHtml("You are currently using " + arrayModel[i].Name);
				}
    		function setResult(i)
    		{
    			scriptVars.put("vResult", i);
    		}
			]]>
		</javascript>
    <Button target="Result" onclick="setResult(0)">Result 1</Button>
    <Button target="Result" onclick="setResult(1)">Result 2</Button>
    <Button target="Result" onclick="setResult(2)">Result 3</Button>
    </Page>

<Page id="Result">
      <Text>Something went wrong</Text>
		<javascript>
			<![CDATA[
				function pageLoad() {
					var i = parseInt(scriptVars.get("vResult"),10);
          var arrayAllow = scriptVars.get("arrayAllow");
          jscriptLog("Got result = " + i + " (" + arrayAllow[i] + ")");
          overRide.setHtml("You got result " + arrayAllow[i]);
				}
			]]>
		</javascript>
    <Button target="start">Restart</Button>
    </Page>
  </Pages>
</Tease>
In the pageload function of the start page you'll see

var vSelected = parseInt(scriptVars.get("vSelected"),10);
which "gets" the scriptVar named vSelected, parsing it as an integer (the default is as a string which usually yields incorrect results).
If vSelected is not a number or not defined it is initialized to the value 1 and the new value is saved for other pages.
You'll also see some calls to jscriptLog() which logs messages to the jScript log (in the logs folder under your GuideMe folder). It can be enormously helpful tracking down bugs.

You'll see I also retrieve the arrayAllow variable and initialize it if it's not defined.

In the Tease page I then retrieve the current value of vSelected and use it to display the name of the selected model.
I've also added a function and buttons to select a result, then in the Result page I "get" arrayAllow and display the result you got.

With this code you can even close the tease and come back later, and whatever model you last selected will remain selected until you choose a different one. And the tease will "remember" the result you got last time too.

A couple other things:

Buttons support a sortOrder option so you can make them display in the order you want. In xml use

<Button target="somePage" sortOrder="1">Button text</Button>
The order number must be in quotes.

In javascript there is another form of overRide.addButton that supports more options.

overRide.addButton( target, buttonText, set, unSet,  jScript, image, hotKey, sortOrder, disabled, id)
In this function all arguments are strings EXCEPT the disabled argument which must be a boolean (true or false). That's tripped me up many times.

Also, when working with scriptVars as demonstrated in my code I've gotten in the habit of always using the same name for the variable in my javascript and for the name of the scriptVar as in

var vSelected = scriptVars.get("vSelected");
instead of

var i = scriptVars.get("vSelected");
It keeps it clear what you're using and again, not doing it has tripped me up so many times I just got in the habit of being verbose in my code.

Hope that helps,

PG
wheresmything
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wheresmything »

@playfulguy
Thanks, I'll give all that a try - I didn't realize that the global would get reinitialized every time, I presumed it was just at startup - oops. Also, I had noticed the override add button with the sort option, but the documentation doesn't give any indication of what the value should be for sorting (0, 1, ASC, DESC, etc).
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

wheresmything wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:24 pm @playfulguy
Thanks, I'll give all that a try - I didn't realize that the global would get reinitialized every time, I presumed it was just at startup - oops. Also, I had noticed the override add button with the sort option, but the documentation doesn't give any indication of what the value should be for sorting (0, 1, ASC, DESC, etc).
The sort order is a number, but must be given to the function as a string, and the buttons are displayed in order from lowest to highest. And the numbers don't need to be sequential. You can have button 1, then 10 if you want to leave room for more in between.

I'll try and remember to check the documentation and update it.
PG
wheresmything
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wheresmything »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:51 pm
wheresmything wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:24 pm @playfulguy
The sort order is a number, but must be given to the function as a string, and the buttons are displayed in order from lowest to highest. And the numbers don't need to be sequential. You can have button 1, then 10 if you want to leave room for more in between.

I'll try and remember to check the documentation and update it.
PG
So then what would the syntax be for that parameter in the override add button line?
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bobhill »

wheresmything wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:01 pm So then what would the syntax be for that parameter in the override add button line?
It takes a string input (a number in string form) or a variable that has a numeric value:

var vVariable = "2";  
//I haven't tested whether it actually has to be stored as a string, I suspect a numeric value would work, such as using a counter in a loop

overRide.addButton("pgEdged", "I Edged", "", "", "", "", "", "1", "", "");
overRide.addButton("pgCame", "I Came", "", "", "", "", "",vVariable, "", "");
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lawman5297 »

I have done this before but now cannot figure out how to do it. Sorry but I am using my phone so no example code. Here is what I want to do in a nutshell is:

Page 100 target= "(101..102)"
Page 101 target=function
Page 102 target=function
Page function target =(103..104)
Page 103 target=100 but I only want this to be selected as long as 101 and 102 are not both set. I am repeating page 100 1X
Page 104 target=NewPage but I only want this selected if both 101 and 102 are set.

I have tried:
Page 103 if not set 101+102
Page 104
But this will still choose 104 if either 101 or 102 is set so 100 will not repeat.
I tried adding if set 101+102 to page 104 but then neithet 103 nor 104 is chosen which I dont understand.
I tried just the if set on 104 but then again that leaves 103 not excluded.
What am I missing? I have no hair left to pull out. I know this is simple and thats why I am missing it. I know the syntax isnt correct in my examples so dont worry about that. I just need to know what is wrong in my logic. Thx!
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lawman5297 »

After I wrote this out and gave it more thought I think all I need to do is page 104 if set 103. I will try it later but that should work. Simple just like I thought.
klemmm
Explorer
Explorer

Post by klemmm »

Hi people. Love the site!
Does anyone know if there's a compilation with offline teases to download by torrent?
Long time ago I downloaded one but my hard drive died.

Thank's to everyone.!
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

klemmm wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:00 pm Hi people. Love the site!
Does anyone know if there's a compilation with offline teases to download by torrent?
Long time ago I downloaded one but my hard drive died.

Thank's to everyone.!
I'm not aware of any specifically for torrents, but
There's a long list in the first post of this thread,
there are a bunch more in Flashtease to teaseme conversions,
and more in TeaseMe-List [New Teases]

Hope that helps.

PG