GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.3.4

Post by Trusfrated »

Serousep wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:35 pm Hello! I have a question. Why doesn't GuideMe play audio files in the image folder? While everything works in the old TeaseMe. Could this be related to my Windows 10 x64 operating system?
It should play audio files as expected, just like TeaseMe did. Perhaps check under File...Application Preferences and make sure Music Volume is set to a decent level, at least 100. I'm not using Windows 10, but I don't think it's been mentioned as a problem.
ImageImage
slavejack
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slavejack »

Been meaning to post this for some time. For quite a while now my Guide Me takes a while to switch pages. Any ideas?
Serousep
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by Serousep »

Trusfrated wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:26 am
Serousep wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:35 pm Hello! I have a question. Why doesn't GuideMe play audio files in the image folder? While everything works in the old TeaseMe. Could this be related to my Windows 10 x64 operating system?
It should play audio files as expected, just like TeaseMe did. Perhaps check under File...Application Preferences and make sure Music Volume is set to a decent level, at least 100. I'm not using Windows 10, but I don't think it's been mentioned as a problem.
Thanks! That was the problem! For some reason, Music Volume was set to level 0.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

slavejack wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:46 am Been meaning to post this for some time. For quite a while now my Guide Me takes a while to switch pages. Any ideas?
It might help if you tell us what version of Guideme you are using, and if this applies to all teases, or only to certain teases, are you using javascript and debugging to develop something, etc. The more info we have the better.

That said, I've noticed that loading images is one of the biggest factors affecting how quickly Guideme switches pages. If your tease is using higher resolution images the images have to be scaled down to fit the screen, and this can take a lot of time, especially in Java code (like Guideme). Scaling the images down to a size that fits the screen can greatly improve Guideme speed.

Also, check the Guideme/data subfolder for temporary files named like tmpnnnnn.jpg, where the nnnn is a random string of numbers. I've often found dozens, or hundreds of these temporary image files left behind, but that may be just because of the development stuff I do (and the errors I create :-).

Hope that helps,

PG
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

slavejack wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:46 am Been meaning to post this for some time. For quite a while now my Guide Me takes a while to switch pages. Any ideas?
PlayfulGuy is correct it is usually where hi res images have been used and it is down scaling them to your screen resolution.
There is a pre-scaling option in GudeMe, I would try it with a copy of a tease that is slow.
Under tools resize guide images, choose the xml of the tease you copied it should then resize all the images in the image folder for that tease to the resolution of your screen.
This will obviously permanently downscale those images, so it is worth keeping a copy of the original images.
Then try the copy of the tease and see if it is faster.
jhorny10493
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by jhorny10493 »

Hello,

Does/will Eos teases by supported for GuideMe?
Because I'm currently in the process of transferring my latest tease over to Eos from Nyx and just realized I may be limiting people by doing so.

Thanks,
-J
Greetings Fellow Traveler!
--------------------------------
Check out my Teases:
FlashTease Versions

GuideMe/TeaseMe Versions:
-----The download links are in the forums-----
Pressure
Pressure II
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

Found a little bug in the current version of the downloader. It seems it can't handle teases with names that end in a period (or series of them).

I was reviewing some of 666's old teases and the downloader failed on "Hotwife Jessica reveals your new life...". The console display made it look like a path error. It couldn't save the images in the directory with the same name because the one created did not have the periods at the end.

Interestingly, the author named another one in a similar fashion ("Adriana's New Rule...)" and it exhibited the exact same symptoms.

Is there a workaround or will we just need to wait for the next update?

Thanks!
ImageImage
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Trusfrated wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:33 am Found a little bug in the current version of the downloader. It seems it can't handle teases with names that end in a period (or series of them).

I was reviewing some of 666's old teases and the downloader failed on "Hotwife Jessica reveals your new life...". The console display made it look like a path error. It couldn't save the images in the directory with the same name because the one created did not have the periods at the end.

Interestingly, the author named another one in a similar fashion ("Adriana's New Rule...)" and it exhibited the exact same symptoms.

Is there a workaround or will we just need to wait for the next update?

Thanks!
https://mega.nz/file/sY4hWCgY#WTWQdxflh ... iTXR3_QFbE
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

Thank you, Philo! New downloader works great! :-D
ImageImage
Takenaga
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Takenaga »

I'm working on a maze tease and would like to achieve the following functionality to make my tease extensible.

I would like to have a base tease file with the map and the normal navigation between the rooms.

Normal navigation in the example: start -> room1 -> room2

And then use the include-functionality to script the encounters in additional xml files.

Navigation with encounter: start (base) -> room1 (encounter) -> room1-a (encounter) -> room2 (base)

Ideally it should be possible to use the same page id (room1) in this additional file and the runtime would pick this version of the page instead of the base one. In this way the base tease file doesn't need to be changed if you want to add an additional encounter later.

I tested it and it didn't work, it just showed the base version of room1.

Is this something that can be achieved with the current version of the software, maybe by using script or so?

Thanks for your help!

If it is not possible now, maybe it's an idea to add an attribute to the page element (override, order, ...) and when searching for a page with a specific id sort by that attribute and pick the first one in the list with that id or something similar.

Main file:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Tease scriptVersion="v0.1">
  <Title>Test</Title>
  <Author>
    <Name>Takenaga</Name>
  </Author>
  <MediaDirectory>test</MediaDirectory>
  <Include file="encounters.xml" />
  <Settings>
    <AutoSetPageWhenSeen>false</AutoSetPageWhenSeen>
  </Settings>
  <Pages>
    <Page id="start">
      <Text>Welcome.</Text>
      <Buttons>
        <Button target="room1">North</Button>
      </Buttons>
    </Page>
    <Page id="room1">
      <Text>First room (general).</Text>
      <Buttons>
        <Button target="room2">North</Button>
      </Buttons>
    </Page>
    <Page id="room2">
      <Text>Second room (general).</Text>
      <Buttons>
        <Button target="room1">South</Button>
      </Buttons>
    </Page>
  </Pages>
</Tease>
And the contents of file test/encounters.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Tease scriptVersion="v0.1">
  <Pages>
    <Page id="room1">
      <Text>First room (override). You see a girl bla bla...</Text>
      <Buttons>
        <Button target="room1-a">Edge</Button>
      </Buttons>
    </Page>
    <Page id="room1-a">
      <Text>Thank you, you may continue.</Text>
      <Buttons>
        <Button target="room2">North</Button>
      </Buttons>
    </Page>
  </Pages>
</Tease>
Try GuideMe or TeaseMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos... don't forget to support milovana and rate the online teases!
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Takenaga wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:21 am I'm working on a maze tease and would like to achieve the following functionality to make my tease extensible.

I would like to have a base tease file with the map and the normal navigation between the rooms.

Normal navigation in the example: start -> room1 -> room2

And then use the include-functionality to script the encounters in additional xml files.

Navigation with encounter: start (base) -> room1 (encounter) -> room1-a (encounter) -> room2 (base)

Ideally it should be possible to use the same page id (room1) in this additional file and the runtime would pick this version of the page instead of the base one. In this way the base tease file doesn't need to be changed if you want to add an additional encounter later.

I tested it and it didn't work, it just showed the base version of room1.

Is this something that can be achieved with the current version of the software, maybe by using script or so?

Thanks for your help!

If it is not possible now, maybe it's an idea to add an attribute to the page element (override, order, ...) and when searching for a page with a specific id sort by that attribute and pick the first one in the list with that id or something similar.
The include just lets you split a large tease into multiple files.
So it would be the same as having two pages with the same id in the tease.
It creates a java hashmap, so it will use the last one it loads
It is probably possible to do something like that in the pageload javascript, so something that when it goes to the base page it checks to see if it needs to redirect to the override page.

It may also work if you do the include file after the base page, as it should over write it, technically it should be random as the order of nodes in XML shouldn't matter but practically the parser will probably process it in the same order every time.
Takenaga
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Takenaga »

philo wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:05 pm It may also work if you do the include file after the base page, as it should over write it, technically it should be random as the order of nodes in XML shouldn't matter but practically the parser will probably process it in the same order every time.
Thanks for your reply. This worked for me (at least once, technically unspecified order indeed). Worst case scenario is that the user doesn't encounter anyone and is is just traveling around through the maze. Extreme tease and denial :lol:
Try GuideMe or TeaseMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos... don't forget to support milovana and rate the online teases!
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by bobhill »

Takenaga wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:21 am Normal navigation in the example: start -> room1 -> room2

How do you determine whether there is an encounter? You probably know this, but you could also direct via javascript to either the base room or the encounter room. In the example below, there's a function called fCheckForEncounter to see if it's time for an encounter.

Also, instead of naming the base room and the encounter room the same, use "Room1" for the base, and something like "Room1_Enc" for the encounter (or Room1_Enc, Room1_Enc1, etc. for multiple page encounters).

Edit: Sorry, I missed that "start" was the first page prior the encounter.

<Page id="start">
      		<Text>Welcome</Text>
		<javascript>
			<![CDATA[
				function pageLoad() {
					//in this example, fCheckForEncounter is boolean, encounter is always static for the "location"
					var vEncounter = fCheckForEncounter();  
					if (vEncounter) {
						//Encounter triggered 
						overRide.addButton("Room1_Enc", "North", "", "", "", "", "");
					} else {
						//no encounter, proceed to Room1
						overRide.addButton("Room1", "North", "", "", "", "", "");
					}
				}
			]]>		
		</javascript>
    </Page>
Takenaga
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Takenaga »

Thanks for your reply. Yes, what you suggest might be an alternative solution but then I must include the javascript on every page, not really a problem because I'm generating the xml anyway from my own map generator but it looks less clean.
I'll play with both suggestions to see which is most convenient and as soon as I add more game mechanics the common javascript function might be more useful after all.
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by lawman5297 »

I am not sure this this is possible. I have looked at the syntax and I do not think this is possible with XML but you do not know till you ask.

Can the set, if-set, if-not -et attributes be used with a text node? I have the guide downloaded and it does not show it. If not, is that something that could be made possible in a future update? I would be nice not to have to build pages when you want to refer to something earlier in the tease. Example: if you had a girl previously or you did not. Two different narratives could take place depending on if an earlier page had been set, and be done in a single page and not multiples.