Chastity 7α: Devote a month to Xia - Feedback/Bug Report thread

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---

Which ending did you get first?

48%
42%
6%
3%

Total votes: 33

Ddevil
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Chastity 7α: Devote a month to Xia - Feedback/Bug Report thread

Post by Ddevil »

SPOILER EVERYTHING INCLUDING OTHER TEASES
Spoiler: show
I just finished the entire thing. Got the ending number 2.

Overall that was quite an amazing experience, even though I wasn't ever able to do it on a daily basis as intended (I really don't have time to do this shit on the weekdays). There were some minor continuity errors and other small mistakes that are to be expected for such a large project, but overall A+ work.
If I do a replay I might try documenting the mistakes so you can have a list of bugs to fix but as of now, I didn't bother with reporting the non game-breaking bugs.
Some problems that I still remember are:
a) There is a continuity error in day28 where Xia remembers us playing with the catsuit even though I decided to skip that day.
b) There is a weird transition in day24 if you decide to skip the wait timer after the girls go to the room to play alone. Text that comes up seems like it's a continuation of a previous sentence but there is nothing before that that would make sense.
c) There are few times when I'm expected to grow an additional pair of arms to take care of everything, for example on day29part3 there is a moment when I have to 1. hold the edge, 2. twist my nipples, 3. press some buttons. It happens at other times too and in your other teases as well. Overall this seems to be a consistent small mistake that you often do and should probably try paying more attention to avoid.

And I have a few questions...

1. Is everything okay with you, shattered? Because it's the second time I play one of your teases and your seemingly normal girlfriend randomly decides to kill you in the end for no reason or very little reason (cumming once in the "faux choices", not even "without permission" because technically we weren't yet formally dating). It seems a little bit dark even for random internet memery don't you think? But whatever...
2. Can you give me spoilers for the other endings and how to get them (mostly how to get them, I can replay certain parts to see for myself) if that's possible? Because I can't even figure out what I could do differently to see the different endings? Everything seems very linear to me unless maybe I can somehow just piss off Xia very early and she ends the relationship early and that's one of the other endings? :P
3. Can you give maximum values of love/virtue that can be obtained?
4. Is there a possibility to have some kind of write-up one day of spoilers from your earlier teases that are relevant to your current ones? I seem to be missing a little bit each time because I only played like 6 of your more recent teases and of those I don't even remember some of the earlier ones. I don't know how many other people are in similar situations as me but you usually seem to include some throwbacks and characters etc. and it's a little bit of a waste if I don't know/remember them.

Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Shattered »

Ddevil wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:38 pm SPOILER EVERYTHING INCLUDING OTHER TEASES
I just finished the entire thing. Got the ending number 2.

Overall that was quite an amazing experience, even though I wasn't ever able to do it on a daily basis as intended (I really don't have time to do this shit on the weekdays). There were some minor continuity errors and other small mistakes that are to be expected for such a large project, but overall A+ work.
If I do a replay I might try documenting the mistakes so you can have a list of bugs to fix but as of now, I didn't bother with reporting the non game-breaking bugs.
Some problems that I still remember are:
a) There is a continuity error in day28 where Xia remembers us playing with the catsuit even though I decided to skip that day.
b) There is a weird transition in day24 if you decide to skip the wait timer after the girls go to the room to play alone. Text that comes up seems like it's a continuation of a previous sentence but there is nothing before that that would make sense.
c) There are few times when I'm expected to grow an additional pair of arms to take care of everything, for example on day29part3 there is a moment when I have to 1. hold the edge, 2. twist my nipples, 3. press some buttons. It happens at other times too and in your other teases as well. Overall this seems to be a consistent small mistake that you often do and should probably try paying more attention to avoid.

And I have a few questions...

1. Is everything okay with you, shattered? Because it's the second time I play one of your teases and your seemingly normal girlfriend randomly decides to kill you in the end for no reason or very little reason (cumming once in the "faux choices", not even "without permission" because technically we weren't yet formally dating). It seems a little bit dark even for random internet memery don't you think? But whatever...
2. Can you give me spoilers for the other endings and how to get them (mostly how to get them, I can replay certain parts to see for myself) if that's possible? Because I can't even figure out what I could do differently to see the different endings? Everything seems very linear to me unless maybe I can somehow just piss off Xia very early and she ends the relationship early and that's one of the other endings? :P
3. Can you give maximum values of love/virtue that can be obtained?
4. Is there a possibility to have some kind of write-up one day of spoilers from your earlier teases that are relevant to your current ones? I seem to be missing a little bit each time because I only played like 6 of your more recent teases and of those I don't even remember some of the earlier ones. I don't know how many other people are in similar situations as me but you usually seem to include some throwbacks and characters etc. and it's a little bit of a waste if I don't know/remember them.

Thanks, I appreciate it! I really put my all into this tease...perhaps too much!
& I've added the continuity stuff to my the front page known bugs to look at later, thanks!
1. :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, I mean I could do with a better job but on that front I'd say so. This time it was just because of continuity - I needed the two canon endings to lead where they did, and well...That means you have to die :\'-( And I had planned this since Before Eternity as you can see the little teaser at the end of that, so it's been a long time coming. No additional deaths are planned :lol:
2. The two 'canon' endings are dependant on if you scored high enough on your virtue or love scores. I may adjust these as poll results come in and I see what people got, but for now if either of them are above the threshold you get a 'good' ending (with death and if not you get a 'bad' ending with death - sounds like you got the latter? One end is about half way through the tease if you annoy Xia in a certain way at a certian point. The fourth ending...is the most niche and secretive hidden ending I've done and I wouldn't be surprised if nobody found it without cheating :lol: so no hints there unless somebody does find it. In fact there was even a bug in one way that I've just fixed!
3. I tried my best to count it effectively. I believe Virtue is 94 and Love is 39, but it's possibly some were missed!
4. So thing is... I don't even know all of them :lol: when I replay my teases I forget stuff, although I'm sure I remember the broad strokes more than most. I'm not sure how it would work considering with
this tease I've brought all of my teases into the same timeline...A rough overview might be needed before Chastity 9, shall we say. But I do like some bonuses for those who remember at least! Like day 5 had quite a few throwbacks but I tried not to make it too much if you didn't know them - All of those throwbacks wouldn't make a plot summary anyway!
Ddevil
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ddevil »

SPOILERS EVERYTHING

Shattered wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:05 pm this tease I've brought all of my teases into the same timeline...
So is the rough timeline something like...
faux choices -> conversion therapy (i didn't play that one, but I can kind of guess what it's about) -> as a post-conversion person having encounters with different girls eventually ending up with Xia (most of the chastity series) -> month with Xia (current tease) -> Before Eternity?
Or am I still missing too much of the lore due to not playing some of the earlier teases?
And if I was somewhat correct, how come I could meet V_ in the day24 if it happens before "Before eternity"?
If these questions would require knowledge from your future, not yet released works, then ofc you don't have to answer. I'm just really curious how much did I manage to piece together.
Shattered wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:05 pm The two 'canon' endings are dependant on if you scored high enough on your virtue or love scores. I may adjust these as poll results come in and I see what people got, but for now if either of them are above the threshold you get a 'good' ending (with death and if not you get a 'bad' ending with death - sounds like you got the latter?
Now see, that's interesting because I did play the tease with the full intention of doing the "good" run, that is: be as good and lovely as possible, but I only ever got love: 19, virtue: 61
(By the way, the "love" is supposed to be the love that the player is expressing or the "love" that Xia is feeling toward the PC?)
I don't know what the threshold is for the good ending but it seems like either something bugged out and I missed on a bunch of love points, or there is some misunderstanding on what actions constitute what results, like a difference of interpretation?
So, for example, the problems that I can see are things like this:
1. progression problems - for example, let's say there are 15 love points to be obtained in the catsuit day but I have an option to skip that day. Now that would be a little silly because skipping that day logically shouldn't mean that I love Xia less or that she loves me less, it looks like a neutral choice at the point of making it. So if there are many situations like this, where a bunch of points are gated behind one of the seemingly neutral choice options, that would lead to people missing those points for no reason.
2. choice interpretation problems - I was wondering about those. Because there are many situations that look a little bit like this:
"Xia wants to do something bad to you".
-> your choices: a) beg please no, b) yes please
Now, this is something that I'd argue should be a neutral option, if the "love" stat is intended to be "love player is expressing toward Xia". But if you interpret it differently and for example decide that loving player should always beg for mercy, then it's easy to see how somebody could lose a lot of adding up points like that just for having a different expectation.
I can still be a loving sub towards Xia regardless of what type of sub I am, correct? Whether it is a bratty kind that always begs for mercy (but ultimately goes with the dom decision anyway, of course), or the "more subby" sub that just rolls over and immediately takes whatever it is - both of these relationships are valid and exist in the real world.
On the other hand, if you decided that "love" means "love that Xia feels towards the PC" then, of course, she can just decide that she prefers one type of sub over the other and that would explain scoring one higher. But I think that's actually an unfortunate decision. Because although this is more realistic kinda, it's not a very good gameplay mechanic, because for the gameplay mechanics to be satisfying players must have control over them. And you know, the tease is, after all, a game to be played.

So I'm discussing all that because I find it a little weird that even though I specifically tried to maximize both of these scores, I only got not even half of the max. love points, and a little bit more than half virtue points. There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding between the player's expectation and what coded in the tease. Of course, I might also just be one weird exception, who randomly got everything wrong and other players won't have the same issue.

EDIT: I replayed last day with cheated in love/virtue to get the "good" ending, and FUCK SEVEN.
As she seems to be the true evil mastermind that always fucks the player over, yeah, I hope there will be some opportunity for some comeuppance in your future works.
I don't know if there is more lore about that character that I don't know (I only first remember seeing her in faux choices). But yea she evil bitch, ruining all the fun, fuck her.
mangoman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Slave

Post by mangoman »

Day17
Why do I always get to miss out on the handcuffs? :lol: Again Xia told me to bring some handcuffs and again they werent used. Did I do something wrong/right so I didnt get that as a punishment? Or did you maybe forget? Just want to use them very much. :whistle:

also I NEED you to give me a link to this set of pictures... :love:
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Ddevil wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:25 pm SPOILERS EVERYTHING

Shattered wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:05 pm this tease I've brought all of my teases into the same timeline...
So is the rough timeline something like...
faux choices -> conversion therapy (i didn't play that one, but I can kind of guess what it's about) -> as a post-conversion person having encounters with different girls eventually ending up with Xia (most of the chastity series) -> month with Xia (current tease) -> Before Eternity?
Or am I still missing too much of the lore due to not playing some of the earlier teases?
And if I was somewhat correct, how come I could meet V_ in the day24 if it happens before "Before eternity"?
If these questions would require knowledge from your future, not yet released works, then ofc you don't have to answer. I'm just really curious how much did I manage to piece together.

More or less, with Bokki also existing...somewhere, TBC.

V_ knows Milovana exists and isn't human, nor does she come from a place that uses conventional time. She can abuse non-linear time relative to the player. Or something like that, but I justified it well enough to myself :-P

Shattered wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:05 pm The two 'canon' endings are dependant on if you scored high enough on your virtue or love scores. I may adjust these as poll results come in and I see what people got, but for now if either of them are above the threshold you get a 'good' ending (with death and if not you get a 'bad' ending with death - sounds like you got the latter?
Now see, that's interesting because I did play the tease with the full intention of doing the "good" run, that is: be as good and lovely as possible, but I only ever got love: 19, virtue: 61
(By the way, the "love" is supposed to be the love that the player is expressing or the "love" that Xia is feeling toward the PC?)
I don't know what the threshold is for the good ending but it seems like either something bugged out and I missed on a bunch of love points, or there is some misunderstanding on what actions constitute what results, like a difference of interpretation?
So, for example, the problems that I can see are things like this:
1. progression problems - for example, let's say there are 15 love points to be obtained in the catsuit day but I have an option to skip that day. Now that would be a little silly because skipping that day logically shouldn't mean that I love Xia less or that she loves me less, it looks like a neutral choice at the point of making it. So if there are many situations like this, where a bunch of points are gated behind one of the seemingly neutral choice options, that would lead to people missing those points for no reason. Yup catsuit day had no points on purpose.
2. choice interpretation problems - I was wondering about those. Because there are many situations that look a little bit like this:
"Xia wants to do something bad to you".
-> your choices: a) beg please no, b) yes please
Now, this is something that I'd argue should be a neutral option, if the "love" stat is intended to be "love player is expressing toward Xia". But if you interpret it differently and for example decide that loving player should always beg for mercy, then it's easy to see how somebody could lose a lot of adding up points like that just for having a different expectation.
I can still be a loving sub towards Xia regardless of what type of sub I am, correct? Whether it is a bratty kind that always begs for mercy (but ultimately goes with the dom decision anyway, of course), or the "more subby" sub that just rolls over and immediately takes whatever it is - both of these relationships are valid and exist in the real world.
On the other hand, if you decided that "love" means "love that Xia feels towards the PC" then, of course, she can just decide that she prefers one type of sub over the other and that would explain scoring one higher. But I think that's actually an unfortunate decision. Because although this is more realistic kinda, it's not a very good gameplay mechanic, because for the gameplay mechanics to be satisfying players must have control over them. And you know, the tease is, after all, a game to be played.

For the example some things might have given points to either virtue or love depending on the answer, so you can't literally maximise them in one run. My stats show you should be able to reach 19 love in the first 5 days, a lot of it is front-loaded before the trip just down to those days design. Only 1 player has met the love and virtue threshold so far which tells me these might be a bit high - this is one of the most useful features of the survey for sure, indeed with some players in negative love... So I do hope its working properly, but I've lowered the scores for now pending more data. As for the intent, they are supposed to be hidden values outside of testing and the user answers as they feel appropriate and gets whatever result fits that :lol: There may be some inconsistent application though to be entirely honest, because I had some /long/ breaks in writing which changed some thing sup.

So I'm discussing all that because I find it a little weird that even though I specifically tried to maximize both of these scores, I only got not even half of the max. love points, and a little bit more than half virtue points. There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding between the player's expectation and what coded in the tease. Of course, I might also just be one weird exception, who randomly got everything wrong and other players won't have the same issue.

EDIT: I replayed last day with cheated in love/virtue to get the "good" ending, and FUCK SEVEN.
As she seems to be the true evil mastermind that always fucks the player over, yeah, I hope there will be some opportunity for some comeuppance in your future works.
I don't know if there is more lore about that character that I don't know (I only first remember seeing her in faux choices). But yea she evil bitch, ruining all the fun, fuck her.

:whistle: She does pop up in a few places, I wonder if there is anything there? (She is in Bokki, Conversion, Faux, C5 and C6.)
paswis wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:24 pm Day17
Why do I always get to miss out on the handcuffs? :lol: Again Xia told me to bring some handcuffs and again they werent used. Did I do something wrong/right so I didnt get that as a punishment? Or did you maybe forget? Just want to use them very much. :whistle:

also I NEED you to give me a link to this set of pictures... :love:
You want a Xia set? Are you turning?

I may have just added them in error...removed them ^^;
mangoman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mangoman »

'Told you she grows on me. :-P
subm13
Explorer
Explorer

Post by subm13 »

Mile high Milovana club oh my :lol: Probably not tho!
ended up following through on the plane, glad I did, it was fun
Pumpkin

Post by Pumpkin »

Why did you named it 7a?
Is there maybe coming a month with hailey to or are you planning something else for your next project?
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

subm13 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:07 am
Mile high Milovana club oh my :lol: Probably not tho!
ended up following through on the plane, glad I did, it was fun
Oh my, well that's a unique experience :lol:
Pumpkin wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:40 pm Why did you named it 7a?
Is there maybe coming a month with hailey to or are you planning something else for your next project?
Since it takes place on the alpha worldline, its 7α. The next one in the Chastity series will most likely be 8β for the same reason - just to distinguish them in my mind :lol: And Bokki was Ω...

Although I wouldn't expect a month with Hailey. I'll tell you that again now :lol:
mr-max
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by mr-max »

Shattered wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:49 pm
Although I wouldn't expect a month with Hailey.
So sad :-(
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

mr-max wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:18 pm
Shattered wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:49 pm
Although I wouldn't expect a month with Hailey.
So sad :-(
It's more along the lines of doing anything a month long again might be a bit too much, nothing against Hailey :lol:
killer1243
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by killer1243 »

> 10 billion percent certainty

I see what you did there.
mr-max
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by mr-max »

Shattered wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:01 pm
It's more along the lines of doing anything a month long again might be a bit too much, nothing against Hailey :lol:
:-) that's more like it.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

killer1243 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:35 pm > 10 billion percent certainty

I see what you did there.
If one person gets it, it's worth
operwt wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:38 pm userLove: 6

userVirtue: 42
Thanks!
mr-max wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:16 pm
Shattered wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:01 pm
:-) that's more like it.
I have ideas at least!
mangoman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mangoman »

Do we need to keep the
selfies we've made