Chastity 7α: Devote a month to Xia - Feedback/Bug Report thread

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---

Which ending did you get first?

48%
42%
6%
3%

Total votes: 33

Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Re: Chastity 7α: Devote a month to Xia - Feedback/Bug Report thread

Post by Shattered »

paswis wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:13 pm day15
Spoiler: show
just finished it. had to skip free times/show watching after 7pm, etc. to get it done but it was honestly a very nice and interesting day. i never get up before 12am when i dont work or so, so it was weird. didnt think i could go to sleep yesterday at 00am too, but that worked surprisingly good. was an amazing experience all out, thank you for that. probably never gonna have a day like that again, so im beyond thankful for your great work. and now lik still almost 2 weeks left. awesome!
Thanks, it was quite amazing to write. This tease used about every idea I had :lol:
Originally I was legit going to release day 15 as a separate tease entirely by itself...then it grew...and we have a month :lol:
subm13 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:17 pm
Shattered wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:55 pm
paswis wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:09 pm no bugs or anything, just ranting personally with spoiler alert :-D
all day tease was amazing. did everything like it was ordered, which was kinda tricky having flat mates... :unsure: now Its 11pm here and I'm stuck at the 7pm order, because I can't possibly use handcuffs, a dildo etc. with people next room. managed to do anything else, got lucky when they went out to shop etc., now I'm just sitting here for like 4 hours now (5, with the hour of free time before that) waiting till i can continue. growing more sleepy every minute. maaaaaaaan. :weep: this is gonna be a long night. I don't want to cut it off here and continue tomorrow :no:
Yeah, that's rough =3 I have people in the house as well, just gotta do what you can. Play it how you're best going to enjoy it.
subm13 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:41 pm
Wow, you were able to make that change really fast. I took a look at the new code you added just cause I was curious, definitely a super creative way to implement that without having to go back and change everything. I checked it out while not signed into my account so my progress wouldn't get fucked up, so come tomorrow morning I should be able to give you feedback about the contract change notification. I'm just wondering, if you hit the limit for the month, do you still get the order to cum on the days where its already written in?
You caught me at a good time, I had an hour free and I had multiple requests, plus I had kinda pondered the idea but it was left to the side while I worked on everything else. So I vaguely knew what to do - there are better ways I'm sure but this takes A TON less time. And I hope you didn't cost yourself in checking that. And the answer to that is a spoiler in more ways that one, ask me in a month!
Don't worry I didn't cost myself, at least I hope I didnt lol. Also, I just realized you were the one who helped me with my coin-toss problem a couple weeks ago, thanks again for that
No problem! My solution wasn't the best, my approach to Eos is throw something at the wall that sticks and be happy it stuck :lol: I have had to look up some programming for it but it's low level at best
subm13
Explorer
Explorer

Post by subm13 »

Shattered wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:42 pm
just finished it. had to skip free times/show watching after 7pm, etc. to get it done but it was honestly a very nice and interesting day. i never get up before 12am when i dont work or so, so it was weird. didnt think i could go to sleep yesterday at 00am too, but that worked surprisingly good. was an amazing experience all out, thank you for that. probably never gonna have a day like that again, so im beyond thankful for your great work. and now lik still almost 2 weeks left. awesome!
Thanks, it was quite amazing to write. This tease used about every idea I had :lol:
Originally I was legit going to release day 15 as a separate tease entirely by itself...then it grew...and we have a month :lol:
Shattered wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:55 pm
Yeah, that's rough =3 I have people in the house as well, just gotta do what you can. Play it how you're best going to enjoy it.

You caught me at a good time, I had an hour free and I had multiple requests, plus I had kinda pondered the idea but it was left to the side while I worked on everything else. So I vaguely knew what to do - there are better ways I'm sure but this takes A TON less time. And I hope you didn't cost yourself in checking that. And the answer to that is a spoiler in more ways that one, ask me in a month!
Don't worry I didn't cost myself, at least I hope I didnt lol. Also, I just realized you were the one who helped me with my coin-toss problem a couple weeks ago, thanks again for that
No problem! My solution wasn't the best, my approach to Eos is throw something at the wall that sticks and be happy it stuck :lol: I have had to look up some programming for it but it's low level at best
Honestly your solution may not have been the best, but it was the best for me, anything more complicated and I probably still would've been stuck. Sure it could've been a little bit more interesting if I used some actual code, but that stuff is kinda over my head. I'm just happy to have gotten a tease out there at all. I'll probably try to learn some more javascript and play with the editor a little more before I try to make another tease, def wanna try something a little more complex.

Also, while youre here I forgot to ask, about how long does day 6 take? I don't need an exact number time wise, but I need to be at the airport by 11 am tomm. I still want to wake up and play the day first thing in the morning like Im supposed to, but I don't wanna risk either accidentally missing my flight, or having to dip in the middle of the tease.

Actually on second thought, instead of telling me how long its gonna take, can you just recommend me a time to wake up? That way i still won't know how long the tease will take, but Ill still be able to catch my flight.

Also terribly sorry if I'm annoying you with all these comments, I promise this is my last one :lol:
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

subm13 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:10 am
Honestly your solution may not have been the best, but it was the best for me, anything more complicated and I probably still would've been stuck. Sure it could've been a little bit more interesting if I used some actual code, but that stuff is kinda over my head. I'm just happy to have gotten a tease out there at all. I'll probably try to learn some more javascript and play with the editor a little more before I try to make another tease, def wanna try something a little more complex.

Also, while youre here I forgot to ask, about how long does day 6 take? I don't need an exact number time wise, but I need to be at the airport by 11 am tomm. I still want to wake up and play the day first thing in the morning like Im supposed to, but I don't wanna risk either accidentally missing my flight, or having to dip in the middle of the tease.

Actually on second thought, instead of telling me how long its gonna take, can you just recommend me a time to wake up? That way i still won't know how long the tease will take, but Ill still be able to catch my flight.

Also terribly sorry if I'm annoying you with all these comments, I promise this is my last one :lol:
Flights right now, wow. Stay safe. (And I'm sure Xia wouldn't mind if you uncaged for the flight :lol: )
I don't have timers for each day so I won't risk that! It's a short day text wise that gives you something to do during the day which won't mesh well with your flight. So given yo cant really do that shouldn't take long.
subm13
Explorer
Explorer

Post by subm13 »

Shattered wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:03 am

Flights right now, wow. Stay safe. (And I'm sure Xia wouldn't mind if you uncaged for the flight :lol: )
I don't have timers for each day so I won't risk that! It's a short day text wise that gives you something to do during the day which won't mesh well with your flight. So given yo cant really do that shouldn't take long.
Oh ok sweet, the flights only 5 hours so if thats the case I can just do whatever it is I need to do after landing probably. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Also, Im expecting my flight to be nearly empty because of the pandemic, so there may even ba a chance i can do it on the plane depending on what it is.
killer1243
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by killer1243 »

Hey been doing this tease now, am on day 7. Its pretty great and I'm looking forward to playing the rest.
However on day 7, I apparently received a text from Kitty, and I don't think I gave her my number. If I remember correctly, she asked me out and I told her I'm already taken. I hope this doesn't have any lasting effects. It does say userKittyphone=1 in the variables though, so idk what's going on.
P.S. As this series is progressing it starts feeling more and more like a VN, so I think it is okay to discuss best girl: Hailey vs Xia. I used to be on team Hailey for a while, but I think since BBTC, I've switched to Xia :-D I was wondering whether you have a favorite.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

subm13 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:28 am
Shattered wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:03 am

Oh ok sweet, the flights only 5 hours so if thats the case I can just do whatever it is I need to do after landing probably. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Also, Im expecting my flight to be nearly empty because of the pandemic, so there may even ba a chance i can do it on the plane depending on what it is.
Mile high Milovana club oh my :lol: Probably not tho!
killer1243 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:57 am Hey been doing this tease now, am on day 7. Its pretty great and I'm looking forward to playing the rest.
However on day 7, I apparently received a text from Kitty, and I don't think I gave her my number. If I remember correctly, she asked me out and I told her I'm already taken. I hope this doesn't have any lasting effects. It does say userKittyphone=1 in the variables though, so idk what's going on.
P.S. As this series is progressing it starts feeling more and more like a VN, so I think it is okay to discuss best girl: Hailey vs Xia. I used to be on team Hailey for a while, but I think since BBTC, I've switched to Xia :-D I was wondering whether you have a favorite.
This is an annoying part as its a recurring problem that my testing seemed to have solved...
userkItty = 1 should mean that you gave her your number. I've added one last little fix that might fix it, if not then I might just have to make this a dialogue box of 'did you give your number out?'
And I always call teases (what I make at least) a mix between a JOI and VN, and this one definately is long enough for a VN! (Maybe I should make one of those for real...) I may do but I will remain publically impartial for now :whistle:
jp
Community Manager
Community Manager
I am a: None of the above

Post by jp »

Hmmm. My Day 7 stats did not save. I came back today for Day 8 and it gives me the Day 7 page.
I checked the admin page to see my variables and the day and edge counts have not adjusted at all. I would suspect that the # of edges done in Day 7 would have been added to the tally, otherwise why would there have been a button to count them?
For what it's worth, since it seemed the variables were saved to my profile I did Day 7 on a different computer than I've done Days 1-6 on. I checked the admin console prior to it and saw that my variables were exactly the same on both the original PC and the new one. Went back to the original PC for Day 8 today and no progress, so I checked the new PC and the variables on both show the same pre-Day 7 counts.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

jp wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:14 pm Hmmm. My Day 7 stats did not save. I came back today for Day 8 and it gives me the Day 7 page.
I checked the admin page to see my variables and the day and edge counts have not adjusted at all. I would suspect that the # of edges done in Day 7 would have been added to the tally, otherwise why would there have been a button to count them?
For what it's worth, since it seemed the variables were saved to my profile I did Day 7 on a different computer than I've done Days 1-6 on. I checked the admin console prior to it and saw that my variables were exactly the same on both the original PC and the new one. Went back to the original PC for Day 8 today and no progress, so I checked the new PC and the variables on both show the same pre-Day 7 counts.
That's very odd as every single end day is almost identical code so it shouldn't change up like that... I assume the multiple pc's did it?
jp
Community Manager
Community Manager
I am a: None of the above

Post by jp »

Yeah, I would say don't worry about it unless it happens again. Call it a fluke.
slavejack
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slavejack »

What effect does the "Skip Timer" button, when available, have on the outcome?
CumScream
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by CumScream »

Later on, there are a few specific questions asked.

I'd like to change one of my answers, which I can tell is going to be re-used a fair bit, as my initial choice just doesn't work really well.

Is there a code to update these, like 'preferences'.
Or else, could we just re-run through that day? Not sure how that might affect my current progress two days later...
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.

If true control, is to be had, you will know not when.
Blissfully offered; your
Oblivion.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

slavejack wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:53 am What effect does the "Skip Timer" button, when available, have on the outcome?
If it says there will be a repercussion, there will be. Some skip timers I added in for people reading along only who didn't want to wait. Wasn't sure if to include them, but depends how immersive you want.
CumScream wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:25 pm Later on, there are a few specific questions asked.

I'd like to change one of my answers, which I can tell is going to be re-used a fair bit, as my initial choice just doesn't work really well.

Is there a code to update these, like 'preferences'.
Or else, could we just re-run through that day? Not sure how that might affect my current progress two days later...
I'd need to know which. If you're past day 12 is it
Female name? I've added that to preferences.
CumScream
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by CumScream »

Yes, that was the one. Just changed it in preferences, and that worked well.
Thanks
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.

If true control, is to be had, you will know not when.
Blissfully offered; your
Oblivion.
Ddevil
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ddevil »

Bug:
This notification/button to skip day18 timer got stuck since, welll... day 18.
RELEASE ME FROM IT PLEASE I'm gonna click it sometime by accident and it'll probably screw everything up :D

spoiler day 24

By the way, amazing job so far with this. I haven't played further than day 24 yet so I don't know if it continues, but so far days 23 and 24 explore very interesting themes that aren't often included on milovana/online/tease stuffs (for obvious technical reason, it's not really possible to have tease PLAYER be the dom). But this is one way to kinda engage with it a little bit and I've got to say that it's amazing. Thanks for the great job buddy @shattered.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

CumScream wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:42 pm
Yes, that was the one. Just changed it in preferences, and that worked well.
Thanks
Hehe, good guess!
Ddevil wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:44 pm Bug:
This notification/button to skip day18 timer got stuck since, welll... day 18.
RELEASE ME FROM IT PLEASE I'm gonna click it sometime by accident and it'll probably screw everything up :D

spoiler day 24

By the way, amazing job so far with this. I haven't played further than day 24 yet so I don't know if it continues, but so far days 23 and 24 explore very interesting themes that aren't often included on milovana/online/tease stuffs (for obvious technical reason, it's not really possible to have tease PLAYER be the dom). But this is one way to kinda engage with it a little bit and I've got to say that it's amazing. Thanks for the great job buddy @shattered.
Fixed this, I put a code in the wrong box! Should be ok now.
And aye, I played with it early in the series but it didn't really work. Think those two attempts are much better, assuming you mean day 22 yes I like that one quite a lot!