E-Stim 2B Setup with Windows 7 for E-Stim teases

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
gbsub
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

E-Stim 2B Setup with Windows 7 for E-Stim teases

Post by gbsub »

I tried searching for how to setup the Audio input to the E-Stim 2B for the E-Stim Teases (for a Dell Windows 7 PC), but haven't found any detailed instructions or a how to.

My questions are,

Q: When I plug in the E-Stim 2B into the PC's Audio out connector, Windows has a pop up which you select one of these:

Headphone, Front Speaker out, Rear Speaker Out, Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Side Speaker Out.

Do I select the Headphone or Front Speaker Out setting in the pop up window? Does it matter?

Q: The Realtek HD Audio Manager has a slider for the volume which the PC controls. Do I need to set that at a certain level? Suggestions?

I know that when run The E-Stim Tower tease, it either doesn't seem to provide enough signal or it's too much. I've tried to adjust the A/B levels on the 2B but, I'm not sure what to set the levels to? Do you set the Realtek level to 50% and then calibrate with the 2B levels or 100% on the Realtek PC output level and then adjust only at the 2B? Just looking for some suggestions. I've tried a number of things but I end up resetting/recalibrating the levels on the 2B all the time. There's got to be a good way to do this. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Tedlington9099
Explorer
Explorer

Re: E-Stim 2B Setup with Windows 7 for E-Stim teases

Post by Tedlington9099 »

Hi gbsub,

No direct experience with Win 7 (A bit ancient now) but I will help the best I can ... Googled Realtek HD Audio Manager and it seems to be optional ... I would switch it off.
Use the audio output you would normally use to listen to music via headphones but plug into 2B (centre hole right hand side).
Run Estim Tower and on stim set up page, adjust sound input via keyboard buttons so that the indicator bars on the 2B are around 80% of the way across the the right (too much and you flood the signal giving unwanted distortion) Turn up Channels A and B to to a comfortable level (I link mine).
I don't know which pain files you are choosing but the alternative/harsh versions DON'T WORK on the 2B ... unfortunately the unit works in such a way as to process those signals so that they are unusable.
Maybe this is the problem you are having, you turn things up to feel the alternate pain signal and when the normal girl appears she almost blows your balls off (found that by bitter experience). :w00t:
There is no ramp feature available on the 2B so the only way to experience a gradual increase is to try lolo2's latest offering "Estim Challenge" which has considerable potential to help overcome the 2B's shortcomings ...
On occasions I do enjoy a bit of variety (PAIN) so I purchased the 3rdH unit from a French company and that works in a different way and you get the full range of sounds and also a ramp feature on any file you may be playing (including line-in teases).
Hope this makes sense and helps in some way ... Happy Stimming :-D
Last edited by Tedlington9099 on Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SkyLigth
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by SkyLigth »

When you plug the 2b into the computer do you select the "stereo" on the 2b unit?
gbsub
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
I am a: Submissive

Post by gbsub »

I have the 2B set on stereo and use the cable provided with the 2B unit to connect the 2B on right hand center cnx to the PC's audio output.

Thanks for the help on setting the levels. I tried a couple things previously but always ended up jumping to pull the plug (ouch). It either didn't do anything or it was so strong it was just too much. I was running it the other day watching the A and B channels and noticed the B channel signal is much lower than the A channel. I didn't have anything hooked up to the A/B outputs at the time, I was just observing the levels on the display while playing the different lolo2 Estim teases. I'll investigate disabling the realtek audio driver, but I think that's what Windows uses. I'm not really a sys admin on windows, so I'm not real familiar with that. But I'll check it out. Thanks again for all the help. I'm new to the estim and wasn't sure how to set things up.
Tedlington9099
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tedlington9099 »

No problem gbsub, happy to help

As regards the lower levels on channel B, I haven't really noticed it myself but another user "Midnightagirl" reported the same thing ... Have a try as things are and see how you get on ... Have a play with different size pads, rings or insertables that can make a noticeable difference or just tweak channel B up a bit on the 2B ... The journey is half the fun...
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by lawman5297 »

Good advice from Tedlington9099 but do not disable the RealTek driver. The Windows driver for RealTek audio sucks. You will want to use headphones selection. I do not understand though why you are getting all those choices. It seems as though it is looking for some sort of surround sound device. Have you ever used a surround adapter? I guess it is possible something could be wrong with the 2b patch cable. If you have another, try it. I do not have a 2b so I cannot advise you there but normally you would turn your PC to 100% volume and adjust your device but go by what Tedlington says. Sometimes you just have to play around until you get it right.

BTW I started working on PC's when DOS 4.0 was the newest thing and worked with Windows 3 so I have been around a while; 25 years or so working with Microsoft products and as a SYS Admin.
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by lawman5297 »

Tedlington9099 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:04 pm On occasions I do enjoy a bit of variety (PAIN) so I purchased the 3rdH unit from a French company and that works in a different way and you get the full range of sounds and also a ramp feature on any file you may be playing (including line-in teases).
Hope this makes sense and helps in some way ... Happy Stimming :-D
Hi Tedlington9099, Longtime no talk. I have heard a lot about the 3rdH and it interests me. What can you tell us about it?