Banning Members (was: Hentai JOI Captured and Punished)

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
thatsprettyhot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Re: Banning Members (was: Hentai JOI Captured and Punished)

Post by thatsprettyhot »

And yes, I think you might find Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour speak in my post, about just turning the other cheek and smiling on :lol: (just a joke, not interested in any church really) but, there's also some realism behind it: While I think it's a good idea to set an example and enforce rules against harassment / teasing / trolling, it is very hard to make an actual effect with the tools we have nowadays (I think we couldn't prevent those users from using the site and keep commenting anyway, life always finds a way) so I kinda think this reality behind it, makes my viewpoint somewhat educated as being the path of lesser trouble if you can just find that inner light shining from within yourself :lol:

I know this display of poor english doesn't improve my chances as proofreader but I can also do better when I give things a little thought xD
Helequin
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by Helequin »

Okay, while I'm cautious of wading into this I feel like a point needs to be made.

It's been one to two weeks since the request for proofreading went out. Considering the proofreading is a volunteer task in their spare time, one to two weeks is not very long at all. Any number of things which happen in life could have happened - family emergency, work or school getting crazy busy, a problem with the house/flat, a kid looking over their shoulder meaning anything Milovana can't be looked at or just generally being too tired and too busy to do a good job of the proofreading so letting it fall through the cracks.

Now I totally agree, it would have been most polite of the volunteers to send the author a quick message here, even just a one or two line "I'm sorry, life stuff came up and it's taking me much longer to proofread than I thought it would."

But here's the thing, someone being slow or not replying to a request like this is poor form, but it is not trolling. Trolling implies a willful and deliberate set of actions meant to negatively effect others. And unless we hear from the proofreaders as to why they've been delayed, we have no way of knowing if this was the case or not. In any case, there's no evidence that they set out to take the content and run away.

Yes, it's possible the proofreaders had a master plan to get the content first and never reply. But in general, that's pretty unlikely especially from a long term forum member in good standing. So it's much more likely that life got in the way of them being able to complete the task.

My best advice for how to deal with this has nothing to do with dealing with actual trolls - once a case is proven they should be dealt with in the best way possible available to the admins. But for the users here, random people on the internet are sometimes unreliable. That's just life, and your only real options are to either just not participate in content creation at all, or shrug off the people who disappear, find someone else to help and just keep going with what you enjoy doing.
Playing Help Me Cum Please!
Choosing a Goddess - a set for anyone to play
The 1000th Reply Celebration Challenge and it's Finale - an ongoing challenge to try
Co-author of Kyla's Party - webtease based on Help me Cum Please.

Miss Elyna's Cum Challenge Winner
Philze
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Philze »

Ok guys, after re-reading the whole story I'm shure Qiubi is the real troll.

He achieved to get some attention, he started a furious discussion and with his JOIs in the past he has a trustworth profile who nobody would think of being a troll in first place.
I'm out, Ill ignore this crying and say again:
Well played mate. You got me.
Es kann kein Zufall sein, dass sich Lust auf Frust reimt..
Qiubi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Qiubi »

Philze wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:29 pm Ok guys, after re-reading the whole story I'm shure Qiubi is the real troll.

He achieved to get some attention, he started a furious discussion and with his JOIs in the past he has a trustworth profile who nobody would think of being a troll in first place.
I'm out, Ill ignore this crying and say again:
Well played mate. You got me.
i delete my last work also because this comment, this is what you wanted from the start no?

in fact i don't lose absolutely nothing being trolling and deleting my work, it's you the only that lose, but no problem, once you grow up you will understand.

i don't need to being acused of trolling when i do this for free, just because you want to take some fun, go here is your fun, enjoy it because will be the last time.
Philze
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Philze »

Sweet rant.

I enjoy milovana since a very long time.

Everyone in this thread is either trying to calm you down or is particularly agreeing with me.
Not even one is sharing your opinion banning these guys you accused trolling. Not even one. If you can't accept that you are just wrong in this point you either have a much bigger problem than these 2 guys or you are just in the wrong community.

Either way, do whatever you want, I don't care anymore. Just stop harming the community with trollfeeding
Es kann kein Zufall sein, dass sich Lust auf Frust reimt..
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by doremi »

Say the word "TROLL" three times to summon a troll. :lol:

Nowadays, it is impossible to efficiently ban someone by any technology mean (IP? -> VPN, etc...) I mostly agree with what people other than Qiubi mentioned as possible solutions.

PS: Did I mention "troll" 3 times in this post? :huh: Are we doomed? :-D
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
Spoiler: show
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)
Doomtrack
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Doomtrack »

All of this seems blown out of proportion. As much as I would like to have his videos on the site I think losing them and losing his attitude towards people is a net gain.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

Qiubi wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:11 pm idk who are you and why you did this, but they trolled me accepting to do a proofread of my third video,
then over 2 weeks one and 1 week the other just ignored all my private message while they was being online every time.
What exactly did they do?
It sounds like they offered to help you and then just didn't and ignored your requests.

If that's all, that is not trolling. People want to do something and then don't for whatever reason all the time.
Crying, because somebody does not behave like you want them to, is not very mature.

If they would be insulting you, trying to provoke you, posting shit about you etc. that would be trolling and something that would have to be stopped.

Also taking down your work, just because two people annoy you, is not very mature either. You have to learn to deal with the fact, that some people might not appreciate your work. I did not see it, so I cannot say whether it is any good, but it does not really matter.
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Sometimes I'm wondered how people can manage there days in real life when they go completely enrage like this because of two ignored private messages. :rolleyes:

If we all would stop actions in real life because of two rejection... we would be all homeless. :lol:

So like said... ignore them... oh and an IP ban is a joke and absolutly no barrier, in my country you only need to restart your router to get a new IP.
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion