Tease AI General Discussion

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

curiousSK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Tease AI Open Beta

Post by curiousSK »

Do I need to update the personality scripts for patch 48 or are the old ones the same? The reason I ask is because I have altered a lot of the old modules and would like to keep them if possible. Any help would be great. Also I have a few scripts which call on the @showhentaiimage command which didn't work in patch 48, I don't use it for hentai images but any info would be awesome. Thanks in advance!
Best wishes - SK :oldtimer:
meowww
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by meowww »

Hmmm sinc ei read here about TTS i thought i give it a try and wow i think my TTS is totally broken, btw TTS stands for Text-to-Speech, i am using neospeech and for both Versions it´s the same (47/48.1) ...

i see 4 Voices in Tease AI to choice from:

-Julia (neospeech)
-Anna (Microsoft)
-Crystal16
-Audrey16

So when i use my Voices (Julia or Anna) nothing happens...

When i use Crystal or Audrey i get an error that i don´t have this Voices, cause well this are not mine i am not Elijah...

By forcing this Error and then switching to my Voice i do get them to work, but sadly this breaks Tease Ai and the Domme frezzes, she don´t writes, she don´t uses modules, she is absolutly Silence, unless i say something liek she would be hot, then she responses, i hear that my Voice is working, but from there are on i am stuck it´s like everything froze completly >.<

So i have an Idea how i might can fix this, but for this i need to know is there any way to remove this Voice from Elijah? i am pretty sure without having them in the list it would work, but i have no idea if or how i can do this, so can anyone help with this?
Mat
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Mat »

meowww wrote:Hmmm sinc ei read here about TTS i thought i give it a try and wow i think my TTS is totally broken
Without wishing to give personal information out, I believe Elijah was 1885. Or at least it's the user account he compiled the code on, it's why it's in all the error logs.

The error shouldn't have anything to do with not owning them.. I think the error for saying you don't own them or the trial has run out is to do with the specific voices. If you try a few voices from different places you might find one that works, they also have to be SAPI 5 voices.

Although it is odd that the Microsoft ones don't work..
OxiKlein
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by OxiKlein »

curiousSK wrote:Do I need to update the personality scripts for patch 48 or are the old ones the same? The reason I ask is because I have altered a lot of the old modules and would like to keep them if possible. Any help would be great. Also, I have a few scripts which call on the @showhentaiimage command which didn't work in patch 48, I don't use it for hentai images but any info would be awesome. Thanks in advance!
All of the old personality scripts should work without any problems as all the commands are still the same, plus a few new ones.
Unfortunately, however, there are still some bugs in the latest patch that need to be fixed which are causing problems with some commands.

I checked the @ShowHentaiImage command and it worked fine for me as part of the too much coffee script. It also worked when I created a new script to test it out. I noticed, however, that it didn't work if the command wasn't capitalized correctly and I also noticed that you typed the command without capitalization "@showhentaiimage". If it's in your script as "@showhentaiimage" and not "@ShowHentaiImage" then that is most likely the problem. If not, then I'm not sure because it works fine for me.
Notay
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Notay »

Mat wrote:With the strawpoll
'C#' and 'C# with mono' should really be combined(same with VB), sense it is the same language, just one is supporting a different framework. Frameworks and library's can be decided later, just like they would with Java.
Mat wrote:I feel it should be as customisable as possible, even in a coding sense..
To a certain degree, if it is too customisable it becomes too complicated for users, and developers(witch would make the program slower, and harder to maintain).
Mat wrote:We could add folders inside the modules folder, so it would work how it is now but if the module is inside a folder, running @CallReturn, or @ShowImage would check the module's folder first.
I think it would be best to keep scripts and media separate, so if there are any legal issues with the media, the script can stay around and just hook in to other media.
Mat wrote:if a user wanted to delete a module, then they can also delete the files associated with it easily, ... Rather than having to look through the module file to see what videos it uses specifically.
If you had a tag based media system, you could simply have a window that listed all media that would never be used based on the taged media. (and a delete all if you really wanted)
Mat wrote:seperate text file for translations. So each button would get it's label from a text file, which would hold all the text in the app window potentially.
As long as you design from the beginning with translations(as with cross-platform) in mind, it is pretty trivial to support.
Mat wrote:Also I wondered how many people use different personalities, I have one that I add the modules I like to, if that was the case for everyone we could have all the modules created by others as part of the TAI source, if they wanted of course.. then add tags to the start of a module's file so that the programs scripts tab, would update with the tags it found, so you could say no script tagged with "CBT" or "Audio" then have something like how it is now for disabling individual scripts.
This is basically how I planed to do personalities in VDom, along with variables that would be used as the mood. Then in scripts you can do complex stuff, where you multiply a personality trait by a mood, to decide what/how the dom responds.
Mat
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Mat »

Notay wrote:
Mat wrote:With the strawpoll
'C#' and 'C# with mono' should really be combined(same with VB), sense it is the same language, just one is supporting a different framework. Frameworks and library's can be decided later, just like they would with Java.
Well it's not hard to count both, you can see on the pie chart how it's going.
Notay wrote:
Mat wrote:I feel it should be as customisable as possible, even in a coding sense..
To a certain degree, if it is too customisable it becomes too complicated for users, and developers(witch would make the program slower, and harder to maintain).
I said it'd be a lot to do, but it's easier to have 2-3 layouts than have people arguing over how it should be, and to be fair it's better for users in that sense as they'd be able to choose which they prefer. I understand what you mean though, too much would be confusing.
Notay wrote:
Mat wrote:We could add folders inside the modules folder, so it would work how it is now but if the module is inside a folder, running @CallReturn, or @ShowImage would check the module's folder first.
I think it would be best to keep scripts and media separate, so if there are any legal issues with the media, the script can stay around and just hook in to other media.
You might be missing my point.. it's just to bundle it neatly, like now I have several audio files for scripts, but you can't tell which file belongs to which module. Also if there are several branching areas then @CallReturn(name) would be easier than having to put a file path in as well. Then for sharing it'd also be one folder.
I'm not sure what you mean by legal issues, if there's a problem with one of the modules with audio files as they are now, then you'd have to get rid of both, or swap it out, which would work in both scenarios, the idea was to check the sub-folder first then check the regular ones, so current scripts would still work.
Notay wrote:
Mat wrote:if a user wanted to delete a module, then they can also delete the files associated with it easily, ... Rather than having to look through the module file to see what videos it uses specifically.
If you had a tag based media system, you could simply have a window that listed all media that would never be used based on the taged media. (and a delete all if you really wanted)
With tagging, apart from images, I don't thing anything else is tagged. I wonder if it's best to be able to tag things, like the local image tags, or just to have a folder for each tag, it makes sense for the domme tags, but the local ones seem to get put in one folder and used for specific modules, which links into my above idea of having subfolders for each module.. with the folders you wouldn't need a plethora of tags, you could just call @ShowImage(./img/1.jpg) to mean the module_folder/img/1.jpg then if it didn't find it, check AI/images/img/1.jpg
Notay wrote:
Mat wrote:seperate text file for translations. So each button would get it's label from a text file, which would hold all the text in the app window potentially.
As long as you design from the beginning with translations(as with cross-platform) in mind, it is pretty trivial to support.
It could be easy(ish) to set up, I just wondered if anyone would want that, having every button and setting label in a text file could end up being awkward when trying to code them.. "Button label 12" .. then having to find line 12 to get what setting it should alter.. I suppose a lot of comments would help.
Notay wrote:
Mat wrote:Also I wondered how many people use different personalities, I have one that I add the modules I like to, if that was the case for everyone we could have all the modules created by others as part of the TAI source, if they wanted of course.. then add tags to the start of a module's file so that the programs scripts tab, would update with the tags it found, so you could say no script tagged with "CBT" or "Audio" then have something like how it is now for disabling individual scripts.
This is basically how I planed to do personalities in VDom, along with variables that would be used as the mood. Then in scripts you can do complex stuff, where you multiply a personality trait by a mood, to decide what/how the dom responds.
I was thinking more for an easier way to select them, but saying some that would only run for a particular mood would be interesting, I didn't think of that.. To be honest, I'd pretty much forgotten the mood part, considering it hasn't been used at all.
Notay
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Notay »

Are you thinking of just rewriting the source of Tease AI, and not redo scripting/media?
Mat wrote:
Notay wrote:
You might be missing my point.. it's just to bundle it neatly, like now I have several audio files for scripts, but you can't tell which file belongs to which module. Also if there are several branching areas then @CallReturn(name) would be easier than having to put a file path in as well. Then for sharing it'd also be one folder.
I'm not sure what you mean by legal issues, if there's a problem with one of the modules with audio files as they are now, then you'd have to get rid of both, or swap it out, which would work in both scenarios, the idea was to check the sub-folder first then check the regular ones, so current scripts would still work.
I was only commenting on the media(audio/images/videos) side of your point, having sub folders for scripts is a good idea.
By legal issues, I am sure that people are more likely to include media they do not have the rights to distribute. If we where to use a fully tag based media system(with media in a separate folder). Content creators would release two files, suggested media(with tag's in place) and scripts. If/when the legal owners of the media wanted it removed, we would still have the scripts, you would just have to add/tag your own media.
The whole legal issue only really applies if/when Tease AI gets big.
Mat wrote:I wonder if it's best to be able to tag things, like the local image tags, or just to have a folder for each tag, it makes sense for the domme tags, but the local ones seem to get put in one folder and used for specific modules, which links into my above idea of having subfolders for each module.. with the folders you wouldn't need a plethora of tags, you could just call @ShowImage(./img/1.jpg) to mean the module_folder/img/1.jpg then if it didn't find it, check AI/images/img/1.jpg
Tagging a whole folder could be made really simple. ex: you have a box to set folder for Tits, when you add the folder, auto tag all images as Tits. You could have things like tag groups, then in your script you would run something like RunSequential(MyTagGroup)
I really hadn't put too much thought in to the media system before I stopped VDom, so these ideas are a little rough. (I have spend hours redesigning scripting)
Mat wrote:
Notay wrote:
It could be easy(ish) to set up, I just wondered if anyone would want that, having every button and setting label in a text file could end up being awkward when trying to code them.. "Button label 12" .. then having to find line 12 to get what setting it should alter.. I suppose a lot of comments would help.
If it was setup properly it would be easy. Something like create button set it's label to something that would make a good identifier("Send Chat Message"), then in your text file you would have a par of text that you would replace the text with. ex "Send Chat Message" would simply be "Send", but with the identifier of "Send Chat Message" you know more what the button should be, then if it was simply "Button label 12".
Now having support for translations would slow down the startup time, but not by much.

Edit:
I think I am thinking more of an upgrade to Tease AI then a update. Meaning redesigning Tease AI from the ground up, taking what we know worked, what could use more work, and where it could expand, then build from there.
Mat
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Mat »

Notay wrote:Are you thinking of just rewriting the source of Tease AI, and not redo scripting/media?
I was thinking of just having the re-write, I thought the current scripting was ok, the part that bothered me was when you asked to stroke faster twice, "can i stroke even faster" counting as something different, I've come across that a few times, so I thought the same but run it through regex, which should still work as it did before but with enhanced functionality.

The other thing is that there's a lot of scripts for Tease AI as it is, and I thought it'd be better to keep it the same so people don't have to learn the new one..

I thought it was quite good how 1885 had it, I suppose it depends how different it'd be and how much we'd gain from changing it, a lot of these things are going to need quite a bit of discussion, I suppose we could just run another strawpoll, to see how the content creators would prefer it, I don't plan on scripting things myself, I like the surprise of not knowing what's going to happen.
Notay wrote:I was only commenting on the media(audio/images/videos) side of your point, having sub folders for scripts is a good idea.
By legal issues, I am sure that people are more likely to include media they do not have the rights to distribute. If we where to use a fully tag based media system(with media in a separate folder). Content creators would release two files, suggested media(with tag's in place) and scripts. If/when the legal owners of the media wanted it removed, we would still have the scripts, you would just have to add/tag your own media.
The whole legal issue only really applies if/when Tease AI gets big.
Yeah I see your point, just like with the teases here, I bet most aren't the promotional pics. I think using tags for media would be better, I was thinking more on the line of where a module uses a specific video or file, rather than a group of files.
Notay wrote:Tagging a whole folder could be made really simple. ex: you have a box to set folder for Tits, when you add the folder, auto tag all images as Tits. You could have things like tag groups, then in your script you would run something like RunSequential(MyTagGroup)
I really hadn't put too much thought in to the media system before I stopped VDom, so these ideas are a little rough. (I have spend hours redesigning scripting)
I didn't think of that.. I suppose you can get to to check the folder and tag any additions since last time as well..

I just had a thought as well, if you have a system to auto add new files at startup, the AI could comment that your collection is growing and tease you based on the new images, or do something like the hentai delete script..
Notay wrote:If it was setup properly it would be easy. Something like create button set it's label to something that would make a good identifier("Send Chat Message"), then in your text file you would have a par of text that you would replace the text with. ex "Send Chat Message" would simply be "Send", but with the identifier of "Send Chat Message" you know more what the button should be, then if it was simply "Button label 12".
Now having support for translations would slow down the startup time, but not by much.
I don't know why I thought of it as being odd labels like that.. but that does make sense, with the startup time, I doubt it'd be noticeable, if you get procmon onto TeaseAI you see that it's almost constantly checking settings and reading files, computers are good at that sort of thing..
Notay
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Notay »

Mat wrote:I was thinking of just having the re-write, I thought the current scripting was ok, the part that bothered me was when you asked to stroke faster twice, "can i stroke even faster" counting as something different, I've come across that a few times, so I thought the same but run it through regex, which should still work as it did before but with enhanced functionality.

The other thing is that there's a lot of scripts for Tease AI as it is, and I thought it'd be better to keep it the same so people don't have to learn the new one..

I thought it was quite good how 1885 had it, I suppose it depends how different it'd be and how much we'd gain from changing it, a lot of these things are going to need quite a bit of discussion, I suppose we could just run another strawpoll, to see how the content creators would prefer it,..
If your just thinking of a re-write, I don't think a new scripting language is worth it.
The main advantages I see to a new scripting language are speed, consistency, and expand-ability. But if you don't end up changing much of how Tease AI works, then none of those matter much compared to backwards-compatibility.
Mat wrote:... with the startup time, I doubt it'd be noticeable, if you get procmon onto TeaseAI you see that it's almost constantly checking settings and reading files, computers are good at that sort of thing..
Tease AI runs a bit slow on my computer, so performance is something I think about. With better design decisions and multi-threading that shouldn't be an issue. (preloading media would be nice)
But yes translations shouldn't account for even 1second of startup time.
Mat
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Mat »

Notay wrote:If your just thinking of a re-write, I don't think a new scripting language is worth it.
The main advantages I see to a new scripting language are speed, consistency, and expand-ability. But if you don't end up changing much of how Tease AI works, then none of those matter much compared to backwards-compatibility.
Well this isn't my project, it depends what the other's want, I just wasn't thinking of an overhaul of the scripting, I've no idea what they'd want.. another poll would be in order I think..

To be honest I probably won't get much coding done myself, I've got a LOT of work to do outside of Milo.. I'll help when I have time though.

Regarding the speed, mine loaded images really slowly, but before he left 1885 pm'd me about it and included multi-threading in Patch 48, so now my images load quite quickly, at least without hanging the program every time..
genome231
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by genome231 »

Hi Mat and Notay :)

Interesting debate! A thought just occurred when i was through reading all of it, and it was at the end of Mat's post.
Who will actually be working on something new?
I myself will help in any way I can, i'll even try learn a little bit of coding, but I certainly dont have the skills for something like this, other than script writing. All i'm saying is I think we need to know who's actually interested in joining this project because if none or too few is interested this project isn't going to launched anyway.
I know Notay that you worked on your Vdom for a short period of time before 1885's 3 month deadline was posted in the thread.

Well just a thought I considered to be worth sharing :)

Regards
Genome
Tribute to 1885 & those involved with Tease-AI.
Thank you for spending time on this awesome project! :-)
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

I would like to give my 2 cents. I am not a developer, but I created some scripts for TeaseAI and I think my view could be helpful.

I think the focus should be a stable version. I know the 1885'code its not easy to edit, but OxiKlein already was able to fix a bug in the patch 48.

Without a stable version, the community will die if we need to wait 2 or 3 months for a new version. We already have so few creators here (some already gone).

In my case, I have a big update in my previous release, but with some issues I need to wait for a stable version to figure out if the problem its in my script or in the application. And I can't use patch 48 features because I dont know if will be released without major bugs. So, I am stucked here waiting.

With a stable version released (like PCMistress and TeaseMe), the community can create while developers works in another version. But, like I said, I am not a developer and not the one investing time in the project.
NEGEV
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by NEGEV »

I think what we need at the moment is a list of people which want to be part of the developers. So that these people can make decisions in a closer group. So we would have a more structured environment and could make faster decisions. I can't code so I don't think I should be part of it but we are need of making actual decisions.
Lestat
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Lestat »

I don't have enough knowledge to help in any way about the recoding project. I already find writing scripts not so easy when you're not used to coding if I compare to other "programs" (like CM, rip...). So I'm not going to say anything, it would be useless.
Daragorn wrote: I modified all my EDGING scripts to use that command to make them different from the normal ones (in some for example she punishes me for edging without her asking me to, in others she doesn't, in others she make me hold the edge as punishment and so on).
Could you share one of your edge module where "she punishes you for edging without her asking you to" please? Because I tried to write exactly that months ago! But mine was never working fine enough to be shared...
Gentleman by day :oldtimer: Philosopher by night :hmmm: Pervert by choice :shutup2: Rebel by fate :punk:
q55x8x
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by q55x8x »

avatarbr wrote:Without a stable version, the community will die if we need to wait 2 or 3 months for a new version. We already have so few creators here (some already gone).
That is something that really bothers me too for quite some time now. It's why i started with my personality creator. But Sadly I think it's just the hard to find documentation that drives people away trying to even make a personality. We could maybe change that by making a wiki (something i think png tried already). But to be able to make a wiki we would need a base programm we can rely some information on the wiki on. So it's basically a big pile of stuff thats needs work to grow to a well maintained project.
OxiKlein wrote:I decided to mess around with the code and I was able to make the current Patch usable :-D
WOW! Someone who actually did dig into the code. Nice work :thumbsup: I have to admint I was a bit scared at first because it's really nested everywhere and I didn't want to break even more stuff by trying to fix something.
NEGEV wrote:I think what we need at the moment is a list of people which want to be part of the developers. So that these people can make decisions in a closer group. So we would have a more structured environment and could make faster decisions. I can't code so I don't think I should be part of it but we are need of making actual decisions.
I think that would be a step into the right direction. To have an easy overview over everything I created a TitanPad here https://titanpad.com/mYlpxXE45a

We could sum up ideas there and everyone who wants to contribute could explain there how. So we have a quick place for brainstorming.