GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0): BETA Thread

Post by philo »

desertfox wrote:Going to take a wild stab that the font value is just a flag to replace with whatever you've set in your guideme pref.

Tried the fixed format and is working.

Also, just discovered alt +d. I'm an asshole, that screen is so nice. Have been refreshing the javascript log in the text editor and I have to say that has sort of been sucking. This screen is freaken nice. Wish I saw that two weeks ago :)
I added alt m as well which toggles the menu bar on and off

I will corect the css file in the next release, I edited it in a hurry, and yes the strange font value is substituted for the default font size.
the css and html were hard coded in the program but I have moved them to text files so they can be updated without having to release a new version. Also it allows people to change them on their local copy if they wish.
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by desertfox »

Nice on the menu bar, I do like it when the tease can take up the full screen.

I did have one random question, is there a setting for the metronome that can get it to sound like the standard cockhero beat? I know it has that pref but not sure if there is one there or they are various midi instruments.

Also philo if I haven't said it yet, it's been really nice to work in guideme. I've had my head down in it for about two weeks now for a bit every day and honestly the program has run really as expected every time, and the documentation, usually an oversight for these things, is enough to keep me going without spamming this thread.

So really just wanted to make sure that I said NICE WORK, because, well, it really is.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

desertfox wrote:Nice on the menu bar, I do like it when the tease can take up the full screen.

I did have one random question, is there a setting for the metronome that can get it to sound like the standard cockhero beat? I know it has that pref but not sure if there is one there or they are various midi instruments.

Also philo if I haven't said it yet, it's been really nice to work in guideme. I've had my head down in it for about two weeks now for a bit every day and honestly the program has run really as expected every time, and the documentation, usually an oversight for these things, is enough to keep me going without spamming this thread.

So really just wanted to make sure that I said NICE WORK, because, well, it really is.
The metronome uses midi percussion so will depend on your sound card.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_MIDI#Percussion
The pref is the instrument number, so all I can really say is the best sound will depend on the sound card and the user's preference.
That is why I added the pref rather than hard code the instrument.
The default is just the one I prefer for my setup.

Midi was the easiest way to allow complex beat patterns in one metronome command.
At the moment it just exposes the raw inputs for the midi beat patterns, I am open to suggestions on a simpler more intuitive way of defining the beat patterns.

Documentation for a project like this is key really, but developers hate doing documentation :-D
1.4 was ready a couple of months ago it took me that long to motivate myself to update the documentation :blush: . I didn't want to release it without as there were so many new features.
The documentation is a collaborative wiki so I am more than happy for people to contribute.
(The pages on override, guide and the xml nodes are auto generated from the comments in the source code so I would need to update anything there)
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Download program

Post by philo »

New version of the download program

Added processing for must and mustnot so should download Iana's maze correctly now :whistle: .
Also did some tweaks on image download.

64Bit
https://mega.nz/#!0Q5DSTiC!_Gvfksi03kPm ... Mw5RH-4WCw
32Bit
https://mega.nz/#!Bcpk2LBY!PjAxwMZuyZo5 ... Q3ZozmKInM
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

new versions for GuideMe and Downloader added to first post. I also linked some of the existing GuideMe Teases. Please send me a PM if i missed something.
Try GuideMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos...
Look at Hearts Club or Pilgrim Quest or My Succubus if you wanna see whats possible with GuideMe...
draucus
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by draucus »

Hi I can't get GM 1.5 to even start. I'm using windows 10 64 bit. When I click guideme.jar nothing happens. When I click start.bat a window pops up for a split second and closes before I can even see anything. Please help as I loved this program when I could use it. Thanks
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

draucus wrote:Hi I can't get GM 1.5 to even start. I'm using windows 10 64 bit. When I click guideme.jar nothing happens. When I click start.bat a window pops up for a split second and closes before I can even see anything. Please help as I loved this program when I could use it. Thanks
I develop and test on win 10 64, so it should work.
Can you delete anything in the logs folder then start guideme using start.bat.
That will generate a clean set of log files.
Then pm me with a link to the log files, I will have a look to see why it is failing.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

draucus wrote:Hi I can't get GM 1.5 to even start. I'm using windows 10 64 bit. When I click guideme.jar nothing happens. When I click start.bat a window pops up for a split second and closes before I can even see anything. Please help as I loved this program when I could use it. Thanks
If you open a command window and navigate to your Guideme folder, then type start to start Guideme the window won't close and you'll be able to see any error message indicating what the problem is.

@Philo Totally stoked to see this new version has been released. Haven't checked in here in a while so just discovered it last night. Thanks for getting it done and out here for all of us to play with!

PG
draucus
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by draucus »

wow so I tried opening it by going through cmd.exe and it works but if I click on start.bat it doesn't. This one has got me stumped I think.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

draucus wrote:wow so I tried opening it by going through cmd.exe and it works but if I click on start.bat it doesn't. This one has got me stumped I think.
Open start.bat in notepad (or some plain text editor) and add a pause command at the end like this

Code: Select all

path=./java/bin;./GuideMe_lib
.\java\bin\javaw.exe  -Djna.library.path=.\GuideMe_lib -cp .\;.\GuideMe_lib -jar GuideMe.jar %1 %2

pause
Make sure it's on a line by itself after the long java command. Now when you run it, it won't close until you press a key so you can see any error messages. It's most likely you need an extra folder in the path or something like that. In the meantime at least you know you can run it from a cmd prompt.

PG
hypertextual69
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by hypertextual69 »

I've created a custom cursor for one of my teases. However the cursor reverts to the default at the top and bottom of the right html page. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Also is it possible to have an audio file play through a page as new images are continually updating. Right now the audio file restarts with each new image.
Thanks for your help.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

hypertextual69 wrote:I've created a custom cursor for one of my teases. However the cursor reverts to the default at the top and bottom of the right html page. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Also is it possible to have an audio file play through a page as new images are continually updating. Right now the audio file restarts with each new image.
Thanks for your help.
The audio will restart each time the page is changed, you can change the image on a page using a timer node, which should not then restart the audio (not sure if I have tested that but it should work).
I may add the functionality to have background audio that plays across multiple pages in the future.

Currently the left pane that displays images and the right pane that displays text are both independent browser windows.
I assume you have created the cursor in html, in which case it is only working in the right hand browser window.

I am looking at converting the UI so it is one browser window rather than multiple java controls (including the two browser controls) that may be a fairly large chunk of work though so could take a while.
So currently I don't think a custom cursor for the whole screen would work.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

draucus wrote:wow so I tried opening it by going through cmd.exe and it works but if I click on start.bat it doesn't. This one has got me stumped I think.
Looking at your logs it is not getting very far in the startup process, start.bat should force it to use the version of java in the java directory where guideme is installed.
If it works running guideme.jar but not from start.bat, it is probably something to do with java versions.
Guideme itself is not 64 or 32 bit, but java and vlc must both be 64bit or 32bit so the installs have java and vlc packaged with it and start.bat should force it to use the ones that come with guideme.
Unfortunately windows sometimes thinks it knows better and will use other versions installed on the machine.

It looks like you have installed the 64bit version do you definitely have a 64bit version of windows?
You could try the 32bit version as it will work with either version of windows.
In theory the 64bit one should perform a bit better if you have more than 3.5 GB of memory but I doubt it would be noticeable so running the 32bit version should be fine.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Start random tease

Post by philo »

Just something I have been playing with others may find useful.

To start a random tease
Create a file called random.bat in the guideme directory (same location as start.bat) with the following code

@echo on
setlocal

set guidepath=%1
echo %guidepath%

:: Create numbered list of files in a temporary file
set "tempFile=%temp%\%~nx0_fileList_%time::=.%.txt"
dir /b %guidepath%\*.xml | C:\Windows\system32\findstr /n "^" >"%tempFile%"

:: Count the files
for /f %%N in ('type "%tempFile%" ^| C:\Windows\system32\find /c /v ""') do set cnt=%%N

call :openRandomFile

:: Delete the temp file
del "%tempFile%"

exit /b

:openRandomFile
set /a "randomNum=(%random% %% cnt) + 1"
echo %guidepath%
for /f "tokens=1* delims=:" %%A in (
  'C:\Windows\system32\findstr "^%randomNum%:" "%tempFile%"'
) do start "GuideMe" .\java\bin\javaw.exe  -Djna.library.path=.\GuideMe_lib -cp .\;.\GuideMe_lib -jar GuideMe.jar %guidepath%\ "%%B"
exit /b
To run a random tease from y:\temp\tm do this

random.bat y:\temp\tm
I created a short cut to run it

Target: Y:\JavaDeploy\GuideMe\random.bat y:\temp\tm
Start in: Y:\JavaDeploy\GuideMe
Where Y:\JavaDeploy\GuideMe is where GuideMe is installed and y:\temp\tm is where the tease XML files are
SexyTom
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by SexyTom »

In case somebody is annoyed too by the second command line window that stays open in the backround all the time. Which isn't really needed unless there is an error while starting GuideMe. You can use the command "start" in the beginning of the "javaw.exe" than the command line window will close automatically. :-D

My START.BAT looks like this:

@echo off
start .\java\bin\javaw.exe  -Djna.library.path=.\GuideMe_lib -cp .\;.\GuideMe_lib -jar GuideMe.jar %1 %2
kind regards, Tom.

Teasing in VR (click me!)