Personnal Bias and Censorship on Milovana

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
_bobby_
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): Any HypnoDommes around...?

Personnal Bias and Censorship on Milovana

Post by _bobby_ »

This comment is concerning the thread poketeased - inappropriate? and why it's been locked.

There was a time when the folk on Milovana had the right to free speech. That within certain moral, and legal limits, we had the right to discuss anything we found of interest or importance.
Now it appears the Mods have the right to close down any thread they believe have been 'done to death',.... so no more threads about stroking, sissies, or femdom, then. :thumbsup: 'Cus if anything on here has been done to death it's those topics. I'm sure a Mod will come along later and lock all of those threads as well.
...and especially the 'I'm looking for a Domme thread' that is just soooo repetitive :lol: please, please, that's been so done to death so many times, please lock it and throw away the key!

back in the old days, a topic was left to live or die, entirely on the interest shown in it by the members. If no one was interested in furthering the discussion no one would post, that's the old polite, Milovanian way. And the thread would sink into the depths.

Now it seems that mods have to right to close threads 'cus they either wish to censor discussions, or because they find the topic personally boring .

Let's get the old Milovanion back and allow free and open discussions, even if it's boring and repetitive, it's still free speech, have i mention the 'please Mistress Della my i join your game' :no:

and re-open the thread!
Toby_D'nyed
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive
Sub/Slave(s): Not looking for a sub

Re: Personnal Bias and Censorship on Milovana

Post by Toby_D'nyed »

If I know anything about moderating - and I do, having moderated a far busier and more volatile forum than this one - then I can tell you that being a moderator means accepting that whatever you do, somebody will tell you that you did the wrong thing. If you lock a thread, you're an evil censor, stifling free speech. If you leave it alone and it gets out of hand, it's "where were the mods?".

I don't intend to answer for the mods as to the reason the topic was locked, but that's a decision for them. I expect it was done for a sound reason, not because they, personally, found it boring. And not because they oppose free speech either. After all, moderators are members too!
_bobby_
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by _bobby_ »

the question is whether a Mod requires a valid reason for locking a thread. Or can they just do it if they feel the topic has been 'done to death', which appears to be the reason given for locking the thread in question. Seems mighty high handed to me.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

_bobby_ wrote:the question is whether a Mod requires a valid reason for locking a thread. Or can they just do it if they feel the topic has been 'done to death', which appears to be the reason given for locking the thread in question. Seems mighty high handed to me.
There was a very good reason for shutting down the thread.
I think you have been on milo long enough to know that something like this is very rare.
whether it likes it or not the site needs to comply with certain laws, once the decision has been made it is fruitless to discuss it unless the law changes.
the previous discussions got needlessly heated and opinionated.
I think the mods made the right decision.
_bobby_
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by _bobby_ »

for Christ sake, what's wrong with heated and opinionated discussions?

and if there are good reasons for closing down a thread then they should be given, a 'it's been done to death' doesn't qualify imho
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

Well, just as I said. Choc brings up the comix thing again, another mod decides it's a good idea to bring POKETEASED thread up again, in case anyone forgot about it, and there we go - a thread about censorship and arguments. :closedeyes:

Just... drop the topic and stop. It's not like things get closed up very often here. Don't make it into another holy war, because that's what it is.
Also, I'm sure it wasn't closed out of boredon, and "it was done for" was simply a poor choice of words.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
LeanneTG
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): none :(

Post by LeanneTG »

_bobby_ wrote:for Christ sake, what's wrong with heated and opinionated discussions?
Time and place.

Not everything has to be 8chan.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

      

                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
someone43
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by someone43 »

I agree with the problem of censorship and everyone should demand their monthly membership fees back!!!!

Oh, wait...
This is a privately owned site on the internet, not one of the few countries that have "free speech" (which is still limited by certain criteria).

Feel free to register your own domain and build a website if you want things run differently.

General entitlement to do what you feel like out of a warped sense of fairness or freedom is running too rampant and is becoming obnoxious. We have to get back to a say where no one gets anything unless they put a long hard day into it and even then it wasn't guaranteed.
Great free cam site! Lot of girls who love teasing.
Check it out: http://www.myfreecams.com

I'll even be posting brief reviews of girls who are good at it to narrow down your search! :-D
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

I made the decision to close the thread because the topic had been exhausted. Nothing new needed to be added, like I said in the thread we have been quite clear on this in the past, if you are concerned with a posts legality, please report it.

I resent the idea that this has anything to do with personal bias. It is nothing if the sort. It is merely an attempt to ensure we are clear on the actions needed to be taken in the event if a worrisome post, it's not a matter that needs further debate or further threads created.

See something underage? Report it. Is there anything else that is needed to be said on that matter? No.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

Is there anything else that is needed to be said on that matter? No.
Like, can anime hentai be considered underaged content? Oh, YES. :-/

But yea, the discussion should end. As the guy above said, it's a privately owned site, and if anything, the opinion of it's owner is an absolute truth we all have to deal with. You may not agree with it, but deal with it. And, let's face it, this site is more open for opinions than most places. Yea, we hit a snag with that anime stuff here, but, again, as I said before - just don't put more fuss on this topic and you can continue to enjoy Hentai here, because noone sane will ever question it. The Poketeased thread starter was clearly fucked up in the head big time, but just let it go already. :-/
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love: