odd question..edging?

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
dj3k
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

odd question..edging?

Post by dj3k »

well ive been on this site for a long time as a lurker but now ive signed up! and well.. ive always had trouble with this.. whats the difference between edging holding the edge or riding the edge? how is each done? i mean some teases have you riding the edge for a minute+ simple edging isnt the same from what i understand..
JosyJoy
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): I have currently no opportunity to hold my Orgasm back for a specific Woman. But i'm doing it anyways.

Re: odd question..edging?

Post by JosyJoy »

when u edge, u feel the cum in ur urethra, riding the edge is, when u stroke the cock slowly with some strokes while u re in this stage.
live to serve
all2true
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Slave
Dom/me(s): Looking for a dom/domme
Sub/Slave(s): I am a subby!

Post by all2true »

I always assumed
Holding and riding an edge were basically the same thing

A possible difference, I am aware of is if you do multiple fast edges with a short pause (but no holds)
You are so close you only need to stroke a few times.. I have understood that to be riding the edge.
Which is different than doing a hold doing one edge and staying with it.

but good question..
I suspect several teases use the phrase to mean the same thing.. riding/hold.
just do your best to figure it out..
if it is lot's of fast multiple edges (riding) or one edge and staying close(holding)
JustKrissy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): Taken by my wonderful multi-specied Jess~
Sub/Slave(s): None, zip, nada, null, I'm so dommy though. Jess knows.

Post by JustKrissy »

Well.. you might have to actually message the creators of the teases to get their exact meaning, since we can't really seem to agree even here. =P

I look at it pretty simple. 1 edge is 1 edge. It's over once that's tingling buzzing dies down, and then you can do another edge.. And holding or riding an edge, is just stretching 1 edge for however long required, meaning.. not letting the tingling die out, but keeping yourself that little touch from orgasm.
Just Krissy~
Do Your Profile? :3
Wayward subbie~
Clueless slave~
..Crouching kitten?
MistressHarper
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Domme (Female)

Post by MistressHarper »

Think of sexual arousal as a series of plateaus and peaks. As your arousal increases, you're climbing up to the peak of orgasm. If you get close to the peak (which is usually followed by a sharp decline back towards a non-aroused state), you can stop at various levels along the way, and keep a nice plateau there.

An 'edge' would be getting very close to the peak without going over into the sharp decline.

To hold or ride the edge would be to stay as close as possible to orgasm without going over for as long as you're able, or as long as you've been told to.

So a tease could have you climbing up to the edge, and then backing off, repeatedly. Or getting there and staying in the edge for a while.

A really mean thing to do is to have you edge, then back all the way off the edge. You go back down to as close to 'normal' as you can, before you build back up again. You can do that by edging once an hour. Or once every three hours. It's fun to do across a whole day, or weekend, because by the time you're nearing the end of the day, your cock will get hard at a fucking breeze!

Anyway, edging. yay!
You can find me on Twitter, Tumblr, and I have a blog, too.
dawhovian
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by dawhovian »

MistressHarper wrote: Anyway, edging. yay!
Basically this!