Tease AI General Discussion

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

MeaCulpaUK
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Tease AI Open Beta

Post by MeaCulpaUK »

Hiya - Fantastic work and you (rather my new Mistress) has successfully stolen the last few days!

Couple of (probably silly) questions and probably related.

In 1080 mode, the window still doesn't cover my whole screen, what am I doing wrong!

and

The programme seems quite selective about which of my folders contain pictures. I've set up a directory for the Domme images and put all of the relevant pics into separate sub-directories, but I keep getting told there are no image files in there....

Thanks in advance,

Mea
teasinot
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by teasinot »

I'm just wondering if it's possible, if when changing the Domme Personality on the dropdown menu, that it also changes the main avatar Domme picture and Domme name to the selected Domme chosen? If I open different Dommes from the dropdown menu, it maintains the same name and picture.

I'm currently flicking back and forth on a couple of different personalities that I am creating, and the settings for each appear to stay the same until I save a text file, which then keeps the Domme Settings. But it would be nice if the avatar settings would stick too, obviously while still allowing them to be manually customisable.

I'd also like to know if it is possible to do the same when linking to video and image folders? So that whichever Domme personality is opened, it ties all the links to that Domme specifically?
"Lust is a beautiful thing don’t you think? Look on the bright side, now you have plenty of time to appreciate it!”
teasinot
Explorer
Explorer

Post by teasinot »

Some small suggestions :

Would be good if perhaps every 10 minutes or so, the avatar pic changed to another one in the same folder at random. To simulate the domme changing her picture now and again.

Is it possible for the cursor to always be selected in the chat box? If you click off the window for example and then go reopen the Tease AI window, you have to click the mouse in the small chat box again in order for the chat box to be selected again. I know it's a small suggestion, but it would be a good convenience.
"Lust is a beautiful thing don’t you think? Look on the bright side, now you have plenty of time to appreciate it!”
kinkyswan
Explorer
Explorer

Post by kinkyswan »

vedovn wrote:
1885 wrote:
VanHellsing wrote:It's working fine for now, but I know I'll have problems with downloading future links. It's getting worse recently, to the point when I can't download new updates.
If anyone can recommend a good alternative, I'll see about using it with every update so there will be two download options. I really like Mega a lot, so I don't really know about anything else
Well github has a nice way to upload binaries releases aswell

https://help.github.com/articles/creating-releases/
Uh...dumb question... not that I have anything against the other file distribution methods...but why not just use the "Upload attachment" feature right here on the Milovana forum boards? The option appears below the message box when you post a reply to a message thread.

I've never noticed that option before (has it been recently enabled?), but ark235 used it to post some vocabulary on the TeaseAI Scripts Thread and I had no trouble downloading the ZIP archive. It is a small one, however....is there an attachment file size limit?
figroll
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by figroll »

Call to anyone familiar with git:

Create a .gitignore as others have pointed out and stick the lines shown in it (it's a standard .NET ignore file).

As to what to do with your project I think:

1) Fork the project leaving you you to carry on developing the existing version and keeping a full featured version available.

2) In the forked version, pull out the good bits (the Domme & scripting algorithm I guess), re-write the rest over time.

3) Add some structure, some tests, clean APIs, etc. etc.

4) Rebuild a modern UI in WPF rather than WinForms.

5) Release a core "Tease-AI 2.0" with the new UI, the core domme logic and very little else

6) Engage with the Milovana community and find out which bits of the enormous feature set should be ported over first.

7) Port over features one by one with collaborations and discussions over exactly how it should work. Possibly have more than one dev working on each feature.

For your Git model, keep it simple. So one Master branch which is the released code, tagged at each release point, one Develop branch where the next release is built. Feature branches for each feature being ported/developed. But Git is a complicated subject and it's *very* easy to make a right mess.

I would love to help with all of the above, although I suspect I will not have the time; I work long hours and spend most of my weekends asleep (I have MS). Does this get me anything sympathy from Tease-AI? No it does not! :-)

I shall try to get some time and have a look at your code this weekend.

Standard .NET gitignore follows:

Code: Select all

## Ignore Visual Studio temporary files, build results, and## files generated by popular Visual Studio add-ons. # User-specific files*.suo*.user*.userosscache*.sln.docstates # Build results[Dd]ebug/[Dd]ebugPublic/[Rr]elease/[Rr]eleases/x64/x86/build/bld/[Bb]in/[Oo]bj/ # Roslyn cache directories*.ide/ # MSTest test Results[Tt]est[Rr]esult*/[Bb]uild[Ll]og.* #NUNIT*.VisualState.xmlTestResult.xml # Build Results of an ATL Project[Dd]ebugPS/[Rr]eleasePS/dlldata.c *_i.c*_p.c*_i.h*.ilk*.meta*.obj*.pch*.pdb*.pgc*.pgd*.rsp*.sbr*.tlb*.tli*.tlh*.tmp*.tmp_proj*.log*.vspscc*.vssscc.builds*.pidb*.svclog*.scc # Chutzpah Test files_Chutzpah* # Visual C++ cache filesipch/*.aps*.ncb*.opensdf*.sdf*.cachefile # Visual Studio profiler*.psess*.vsp*.vspx # TFS 2012 Local Workspace$tf/ # Guidance Automation Toolkit*.gpState # ReSharper is a .NET coding add-in_ReSharper*/*.[Rr]e[Ss]harper*.DotSettings.user # JustCode is a .NET coding addin-in.JustCode # TeamCity is a build add-in_TeamCity* # DotCover is a Code Coverage Tool*.dotCover # NCrunch_NCrunch_*.*crunch*.local.xml # MightyMoose*.mm.*AutoTest.Net/ # Web workbench (sass).sass-cache/ # Installshield output folder[Ee]xpress/ # DocProject is a documentation generator add-inDocProject/buildhelp/DocProject/Help/*.HxTDocProject/Help/*.HxCDocProject/Help/*.hhcDocProject/Help/*.hhkDocProject/Help/*.hhpDocProject/Help/Html2DocProject/Help/html # Click-Once directorypublish/ # Publish Web Output*.[Pp]ublish.xml*.azurePubxml# TODO: Comment the next line if you want to checkin your web deploy settings # but database connection strings (with potential passwords) will be unencrypted*.pubxml*.publishproj # NuGet Packages*.nupkg# The packages folder can be ignored because of Package Restore**/packages/*# except build/, which is used as an MSBuild target.!**/packages/build/# If using the old MSBuild-Integrated Package Restore, uncomment this:#!**/packages/repositories.config # Windows Azure Build Outputcsx/*.build.csdef # Windows Store app package directoryAppPackages/ # Otherssql/*.CacheClientBin/[Ss]tyle[Cc]op.*~$**~*.dbmdl*.dbproj.schemaview*.pfx*.publishsettingsnode_modules/ # RIA/Silverlight projectsGenerated_Code/ # Backup & report files from converting an old project file# to a newer Visual Studio version. Backup files are not needed,# because we have git ;-)_UpgradeReport_Files/Backup*/UpgradeLog*.XMLUpgradeLog*.htm # SQL Server files*.mdf*.ldf # Business Intelligence projects*.rdl.data*.bim.layout*.bim_*.settings # Microsoft FakesFakesAssemblies/ # =========================# Operating System Files# ========================= # OSX# ========================= .DS_Store.AppleDouble.LSOverride # Thumbnails._* # Files that might appear on external disk.Spotlight-V100.Trashes # Directories potentially created on remote AFP share.AppleDB.AppleDesktopNetwork Trash FolderTemporary Items.apdisk # Windows# ========================= # Windows image file cachesThumbs.dbehthumbs.db # Folder config fileDesktop.ini # Recycle Bin used on file shares$RECYCLE.BIN/ # Windows Installer files*.cab*.msi*.msm*.msp # Windows shortcuts*.lnk
figroll
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by figroll »

PS also switch to C# as well obviously. vb makes me cry :-)
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

is there any more information or documentation how scripts work? for example: which #keywords, variables, @commands are available? how can i utilize image tags in scripts or conditions? are there ways for more complex descision trees (or conditions) in scripts (for example: "if edged x times then..." or "if picture has tag x then...")?
Try GuideMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos...
Look at Hearts Club or Pilgrim Quest or My Succubus if you wanna see whats possible with GuideMe...
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 1885 »

123456 wrote:I hope it's just your way of talking and you don't really feel that way.
It must be, because I don't mean to come across like I'm being down on myself :lol:

When I say sorry, I just mean if I had the foresight of other people getting involved in the coding, I would have done it a little differently (consistent naming, better organizing, going back to clean up overly complicated code when I gained the experience to do it better, creating functions for common events when I didn't see the need to bother, etc)

While I definitely appreciate the words of encouragement, believe me that I feel good about what I'm doing and the work I continue to do. It's just a bit of levity when I say I don't feel good about what I've done to the people who try to wade through my code at this point :lol:
MeaCulpaUK wrote:In 1080 mode, the window still doesn't cover my whole screen, what am I doing wrong!
1080 mode just means that 1080 is the minimum vertical resolution for that UI size, it's currently not meant to cover the whole screen.
MeaCulpaUK wrote:The programme seems quite selective about which of my folders contain pictures. I've set up a directory for the Domme images and put all of the relevant pics into separate sub-directories, but I keep getting told there are no image files in there....
I'm going to go into a little more detail than necessary here, in case anyone else has any kind of trouble with the domme images, this may be able to help :-)

When you set up the domme directories, there's two kinds of errors you could be notified about:

The first is "There are no directories in the specified Domme Images Directory folder."

If you get this message, that means you need to select a folder that has multiple folders in it, each one with a different set of pictures for the domme

The other error message is "There are no images in the specified folder."

If you get this message, it means that Tease AI has selected a folder from the directory you selected, but was not able to find any png, jpg, jpeg, bmp or gif files within it.

Can you verify that all the folders in the path you selected contain at least one picture in them? If you have any folders that don't, they might get selected and cause this error

Let me know if that's the case, and I'll see what I can do to help if it isn't
teasinot wrote:I'm just wondering if it's possible, if when changing the Domme Personality on the dropdown menu, that it also changes the main avatar Domme picture and Domme name to the selected Domme chosen? If I open different Dommes from the dropdown menu, it maintains the same name and picture.
Yeah, this is possible. I'll put it in the suggestion list
teasinot wrote:I'm currently flicking back and forth on a couple of different personalities that I am creating, and the settings for each appear to stay the same until I save a text file, which then keeps the Domme Settings. But it would be nice if the avatar settings would stick too, obviously while still allowing them to be manually customisable.

I'd also like to know if it is possible to do the same when linking to video and image folders? So that whichever Domme personality is opened, it ties all the links to that Domme specifically?
Once the settings menu is finalized (or close enough to it at least), I'll add the option to save global custom settings. It's just a really tedious process to do, so I want to make sure everything is close to how the final version will be.
teasinot wrote:Would be good if perhaps every 10 minutes or so, the avatar pic changed to another one in the same folder at random. To simulate the domme changing her picture now and again.
That's a pretty vain domme :-D Most people tend to stick with one avatar for a long time. I can see switching the avatar for different personalities, but presentation wise I don't see why anyone would switch their own avatar multiple times in a session
teasinot wrote:Is it possible for the cursor to always be selected in the chat box? If you click off the window for example and then go reopen the Tease AI window, you have to click the mouse in the small chat box again in order for the chat box to be selected again. I know it's a small suggestion, but it would be a good convenience.
Good call, I'll make it so the text entry field gets focus when the main window gains focus
kinkyswan wrote:Uh...dumb question... not that I have anything against the other file distribution methods...but why not just use the "Upload attachment" feature right here on the Milovana forum boards? The option appears below the message box when you post a reply to a message thread.
Well I'll be damned, I never thought of that :lol: The file sizes might get too big eventually, but for now that could definitely work :smile:
d3vi0n wrote:is there any more information or documentation how scripts work? for example: which #keywords, variables, @commands are available? how can i utilize image tags in scripts or conditions? are there ways for more complex descision trees (or conditions) in scripts (for example: "if edged x times then..." or "if picture has tag x then...")?
I created some guides here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!DU9CCIyL!4tUC5_wT4 ... KRVJ0wvgyU
DNied76
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by DNied76 »

Nope, still having problems with the program, post detached metronome. :-( As soon as I get to a Start Stroking point, the following pops up...
Spoiler: show
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore the error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find a part of the path
'C:\Users\Darryl\Desktop\TAI\System\Metronome.'
Under details, I have the following...
Spoiler: show
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Darryl\Desktop\TAI\System\Metronome'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.WriteAllText(String file, String text, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
at Tease_AI.Form1.CommandClean(String StringClean) in C:\Users\Elijah\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Tease AI\Tease AI\Form1.vb:line 7816
at Tease_AI.Form1.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Elijah\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Tease AI\Tease AI\Form1.vb:line 4045
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Tease AI
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Darryl/Desktop/TAI/Tease%20AI.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34250 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34243 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Speech
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Speech/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Speech.dll
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Darryl/Desktop/TAI/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Darryl/Desktop/TAI/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
And if I click "Continue", I just get "Goddess Stephanie is typing..." for infinity... :-(
kopal37
Explorer
Explorer

Post by kopal37 »

First off, congrats. This is a fantastic idea, and great execution.

Just a thought - have you publicly posted the code out on github so we can help you debug? I'm a software developer by trade and would be more than willing to help contribute if you're open to it.

Nice work. =)
Explorer
Explorer

Post by 123456 »

kopal37 wrote:First off, congrats. This is a fantastic idea, and great execution.

Just a thought - have you publicly posted the code out on github so we can help you debug? I'm a software developer by trade and would be more than willing to help contribute if you're open to it.

Nice work. =)
1885 is fairly new to programming, and so you are a lot more apt to explain to him what you can do for him than him guessing how people could help him.
Here me take on where the project can go but a lot of you are professional developer, which I'm not, and would have a better view on the whole thing, so it would be great if you could take some time to assess where the project can go.
kopal37
Explorer
Explorer

Post by kopal37 »

My approach would be to start by trying to clear the app of existing bugs - it's missing some basic error handling/recovery logic as it currently stands. I've seen numerous error screens pop up, but it's kind of hard for me to isolate the causing behavior without stepping through it. Also, the "URL Files" tab for instance could use some minor tweaking to allow optional interrupt of downloads that have been started... (To prevent the need to force quit the app if you don't want to let it finish)

I think his approach thus far makes sense - the public beta is a great way to flush out bugs quickly and improve stability. I would wait until I was comfortable with stability of current functionality before thinking about the next feature set, though.
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 1885 »

DNied76 wrote:Nope, still having problems with the program, post detached metronome. :-( As soon as I get to a Start Stroking point, the following pops up...
I worked with DNied in pm's to get to the bottom of this issue, and I want to leave a little information about our findings because at least a couple of people have had this issue:

When you extract the Tease AI Open Beta, make all the folders in the root directory are getting extracted properly. As well as the executable and config files, you should have the following folders:

Audio
Chatlogs
Images
Scripts
System
Video

If you're missing any of those folders, the file did not extract correctly and you will have issues with the program. Both times this has been reported to me, using winRar to extract the files solved the problem. I don't know if this is an issue of me using winRar to compress the files, or other people not using winRar, but if you're having any kind of issues make sure that you have all the folders you're supposed to.

If you're missing any and don't know how to get it set up correctly, just let me know and I'll do what I can to get you going :-)
kopal37 wrote:First off, congrats. This is a fantastic idea, and great execution.

Trying to wrap my head around github has been a literal nightmare, and for the time being I"m happy to defer to the expertise of others in terms of organizing what needs to be done

I posted the project on githib back on page 21 https://github.com/Milo1885/Tease-AI

Keep in mind I barely know what I'm doing with git. I don't know if I'm supposed to put the master on github, make a branch and upload that to github, if I'm supposed to work on something other than the master, when to upload, this has been filling my head full of fuck the last few days. I'm not even sure I know what half the stuff I just said means
figroll wrote:PS also switch to C# as well obviously. vb makes me cry :-)
I've gathered that C# is not a great deal different to VB, but I can 100% guarantee I cannot code this project in C# personally. If switching to C# means I have to start using C#, that's no good :unsure:
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 1885 »

kopal37 wrote:Also, the "URL Files" tab for instance could use some minor tweaking to allow optional interrupt of downloads that have been started...
I have a cancel button on that page, it will take whatever it has so far and create the URL with that when it stops the process.
kopal37
Explorer
Explorer

Post by kopal37 »

1885 wrote:
kopal37 wrote:Also, the "URL Files" tab for instance could use some minor tweaking to allow optional interrupt of downloads that have been started...
I have a cancel button on that page, it will take whatever it has so far and create the URL with that when it stops the process.
So you do. I guess what was happening then, is while downloading images via tumblr (in bulk - 1k +) it hangs periodically. In C#, I could tell you how to create a separate thread for that to happen on, but I'm learning VB myself.