Way to download FlashTease to be run on TeaseMe?

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Addict
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Way to download FlashTease to be run on TeaseMe?

Post by Addict »

Longtime lurker... I though I saw this a while ago but unfortunately I couldn't find the answer. Is there a way to download a FlashTease and run it on the TeaseMe application?

Thank you!
troyan
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Way to download FlashTease to be run on TeaseMe?

Post by troyan »

Ofcourse! I don't know about old versions, but the one I have - TeaseMe-v0.1.4 - has a button to open tease and there you can enter url (that is the flashtease url, which you get when you view it in browser), press load to get info, then it loads pictures and other mandatory files in a folder where you select (I always put the xml and other files in the "Teases" folder). Then you can run it. Hope that helps:P
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by philo »

And don't forget to play nicely when you do. Downloading a tease puts load on the milovana servers, so don't download huge volumes that you will never play. Look to see if it already exists as a teaseme load already and down load that (they are hosted on file sharing sites not milovana). If you download a tease, consider putting it on a free file sharing site and post a link in the teaseme thread.
Teaseme has built in delays to spread the demand a bit but the site is provided for free and it is in all our interests to try to keep the costs at a reasonable level.
prawndiddy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by prawndiddy »

Good to know, Philo, thanks. I just found that feature too because I wanted local copies of the last 2 pieces of Sibling Rivalry.

One thing that I wanted to mention is that there seems to be a possibility of some corruption in the XML when you do this. I grabbed some of the Twisty's Holiday series, and part 3 garbled most of the text lines that included color tags. I had to do 4 global search and replaces to fix the file. It took me a while to figure out exactly what was going wrong, but then it was pretty easy to fix with a decent text editor.

What I had to do:

1) Replace < with < (less than)
2) Replace > with > (greater than)
this fixed the tags
3) Replace CENTER"></TEXT with CENTER"></P></TEXT (there was a missing </P> tag close on every one of those lines)
4) Replace &apos; with ' and " with "

then it worked fine. :)
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Submissive

Post by janmb »

philo wrote:Downloading a tease puts load on the milovana servers, so don't download huge volumes that you will never play.
No offense philo, but that is a very common and very flawed line of thinking here on milo.

A short spike of traffic from a single user should hardly be felt at all by anyone, nor milovana servers. And the total amount of traffic goes down, not up - since most users repeat teases many times.

It should be encouraged to download and run teases in teaseme - not the other way around.
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
JustMeNow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by JustMeNow »

janmb wrote:A short spike of traffic from a single user should hardly be felt at all by anyone, nor milovana servers. And the total amount of traffic goes down, not up - since most users repeat teases many times.
You are correct on that part, but nonetheless, philo is also correct.
At the moment it seems there aren't too many teaseme-users, so it shouldn't be a problem for now if people are downloading a lot of teases.
On the other hand, if everyone starts to download all teases for offline use, the server load will increase bigtime.

So, long story short: only download things that you consider playing. No need to download a whole tease if you drop out after the first 2-3 pages because it isn't what you are looking for.