Nyx issues....

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
Mistress Jenifer
Mistress of the Heel
Mistress of the Heel
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Mistress
Sub/Slave(s): dream_on

Nyx issues....

Post by Mistress Jenifer »

[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]
[HTTPStatusEvent type="httpStatus" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 status=500 responseURL=null]

Both of these... Are coming up whenever I try to put through a picture into the Nyx... Nether of which I understand...
Any help?

edit:
I should mention the errors pop up one on top of another right as the upload bar at the bottom finishes for the picture. And it doesn't upload ether...
edit2:
Okay. Just checked, its JUST this account. Regardless of the computer I use, any other account seems fine doing it.
*Credit to LDM for the banners, love his work thought I'd promote it. Clicking on them will bring you to his deviant art account.*
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Nyx issues....

Post by seraph0x »

Mistress Jenifer wrote:Okay. Just checked, its JUST this account. Regardless of the computer I use, any other account seems fine doing it.
Can you also post the tease ID please?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I found the problem. Can you try again please?
Mistress Jenifer
Mistress of the Heel
Mistress of the Heel
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Mistress
Sub/Slave(s): dream_on

Post by Mistress Jenifer »

seraph0x wrote:
Mistress Jenifer wrote:Okay. Just checked, its JUST this account. Regardless of the computer I use, any other account seems fine doing it.

Tried it again.
Its fixed but... Not properly.

Now every picture I upload into Nyx, goes specifically into the media folder for Journey 2, regardless of what tease I uploaded it to.
I just made a tease title "drive", went to media upload a pic from the silly.chastity.girl site. It went through, no error like before. But the page it shows is blank. I return to tease manager, go to Journey 2, go to media. The picture is sitting there.
Tried a second time with a different picture, same result. Not in the proper directory.
Also tried with a tease I had made alongside the first Journey to test code, same thing occurs.

edit:
Actually this brings up an idea.
Seraph, is there a way to turn this into something useful? Instead of each tease requiring you to upload pics to the tease. There a way to make an overarching directory? A directory of pics that EVERY tease X person uploads into Nyx, can use for their teases?

edit2:
I also... Can't delete pics...
wtf happened to my nyx god damn, it like... exploded >_<
*Credit to LDM for the banners, love his work thought I'd promote it. Clicking on them will bring you to his deviant art account.*
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Mistress Jenifer wrote:
seraph0x wrote:

Tried it again.
Its fixed but... Not properly.

Now every picture I upload into Nyx, goes specifically into the media folder for Journey 2, regardless of what tease I uploaded it to.
I just made a tease title "drive", went to media upload a pic from the silly.chastity.girl site. It went through, no error like before. But the page it shows is blank. I return to tease manager, go to Journey 2, go to media. The picture is sitting there.
Tried a second time with a different picture, same result. Not in the proper directory.
Also tried with a tease I had made alongside the first Journey to test code, same thing occurs.
Tried it out. It seems to get stuck on a tease and even if you switch to a different one, it'll still upload images to that tease instead.

The interesting thing is that the server does not have any memory, so there is no way for it to remember a previous tease you opened. It must be that the client is not updating the tease ID when it's opening a new tease. The thing is, I haven't changed anything on the client. So one of the things I changed on the server must be causing a client-side error when you switch to a different tease.

I looked at the traffic between server and client related to switching teases and it looks completely normal. So I have no idea what could have changed that might be causing a problem.

This is a tricky one, but I'll figure it out. :-)

From your PM:
Mistress Jenifer wrote:I just tried to upload a file to 2 teases, 2 different images. Now they are ending up in a tease titled "drive".
Which was deleted to see if it would fix anything and OH GUESS WHAT!

Those god damn errors from my first post? yea, they are back.
If you delete a tease, but the client is still using that tease's ID for uploaded images then you would get the error from your first post. So this is likely the same issue as above: The client is not loading new teases correctly.
Mistress Jenifer wrote:I also... Can't delete pics...
This is likely also the same issue. If the client uses the wrong tease ID you won't be able to delete images.
Mistress Jenifer wrote:Actually this brings up an idea.
Seraph, is there a way to turn this into something useful? Instead of each tease requiring you to upload pics to the tease. There a way to make an overarching directory? A directory of pics that EVERY tease X person uploads into Nyx, can use for their teases?
That's actually how it currently works for the new Eos system. I created a new "File Manager" where you upload files, organized into folders.

I'm not quite happy with how it works though - the new way is more flexible, but I want to re-add the ability of doing it the old way as well. What I'm planning to do is have new teases automatically create a folder where files land (by default) that you upload from within that tease's editing interface. That way if you don't want to use images across teases you can completely ignore the whole functionality and if you do you can even load images from older teases if you haven't been using the feature previously. I'm also considering importing any images you have used in your previous teases automatically.

Please keep in mind that at this point, nothing is final and the behavior may still change.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Ok, so the fix for Nyx uploading images to the wrong tease is to restart Nyx. It basically locks in to the first tease where you upload. Apparently it has always been this way, go figure. (And I vaguely remember this issue coming up before, just didn't make the connection.)

As for the other errors, if anyone still has issues, please give me fresh reports on what exactly happened, the tease ID and whether you can reproduce the problem at will.

Nyx is on its last leg I think, I'm gonna focus on getting the beta of Eos' visual editor out to our testers as soon as possible.
supermokkori
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by supermokkori »

seraph0x wrote:Nyx is on its last leg I think, I'm gonna focus on getting the beta of Eos' visual editor out to our testers as soon as possible.
Serph0x, should we hold off doing Flashteases then? I mean, in your estimation, when do you think Eos will be ready?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

supermokkori wrote:Serph0x, should we hold off doing Flashteases then? I mean, in your estimation, when do you think Eos will be ready?
I'm in a tough spot financially, so I have to do some freelancing on the side which cuts into my free time.

The Eos visual editor is at a point where it can do the very basic editing functions on pages, but big parts are still missing. Two which come to mind are the ability to upload/select images and the ability to preview teases straight from the editor. There is also some integration with the Eos runtime that still needs to be done.

If this was 2006 and I was bored most week ends, it would be done by the end of the month. But unfortunately the last couple of years new developments have been really slow. There is a certain amount of hours per week that are going to be eaten up by server issues or random bs and that can very quickly be most or all of the hours that I can spend on Milo that week.

There is always hope that somehow I'll have more time than expected or a week end unexpectedly opens up, but just based on the experience from the last couple of years I have to say that the visual editor is probably a few months out. Sorry. :-(
supermokkori
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by supermokkori »

seraph0x wrote:
supermokkori wrote:Serph0x, should we hold off doing Flashteases then? I mean, in your estimation, when do you think Eos will be ready?
I'm in a tough spot financially, so I have to do some freelancing on the side which cuts into my free time.

The Eos visual editor is at a point where it can do the very basic editing functions on pages, but big parts are still missing. Two which come to mind are the ability to upload/select images and the ability to preview teases straight from the editor. There is also some integration with the Eos runtime that still needs to be done.

If this was 2006 and I was bored most week ends, it would be done by the end of the month. But unfortunately the last couple of years new developments have been really slow. There is a certain amount of hours per week that are going to be eaten up by server issues or random bs and that can very quickly be most or all of the hours that I can spend on Milo that week.

There is always hope that somehow I'll have more time than expected or a week end unexpectedly opens up, but just based on the experience from the last couple of years I have to say that the visual editor is probably a few months out. Sorry. :-(
Oh no need to be sorry, Seraph0x! I can completely understand and really appreciate the reply. :yes:

Just wanted to know because, if Eos was going to come out in the next month or two, i would hold off creating my next Flashtease until it was out. Since that's not the case, I'll deal with the buggery of Nyx and start making a new one next month. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the quick reply! 8-)