Damsel in Distress

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
shell
Experimentor
Experimentor

Damsel in Distress

Post by shell »

Hi....I need help.

Right after this thread...from December 31st,
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 33#p107733
where seraph0x said this,
During maintenance I also noticed that the site wasn't sending out emails correctly. (PM notifications, registration emails, etc.) This was due to an expired server certificate. This is fixed as well and we spent out the emails from the last couple of days which were still waiting in the queue.
I started getting email for every entry I write on, when anyone responds after I do...my inbox is full of notices.

I know this problem has to do with the "subscription" thing.

I have gone to my control panel and have unsubscribed to everything. It says, "You are not subscribed to any forums. You are not subscribed to any topics."

Then if I write a comment, it automatically subscribes me again. If I forget to go down to the bottom of that page, and unsubscribe right after I comment, then my email is filled up again.

Is there a way to stop it from subscribing, simply because I make a comment?

Thanks ya all. *smile*
Atty
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Damsel in Distress

Post by Atty »

in your user control panel u find under Board Preferences the point: Notify me upon replies by default: yes/NO

there should be a no and then it should be fine for u.
shell
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by shell »

Atty wrote:in your user control panel u find under Board Preferences the point: Notify me upon replies by default: yes/NO

there should be a no and then it should be fine for u.
There isn't a choice like you described. There is a "Notify me on new private messages:" choice. But if I change that to "no", then I will not get an email when someone sends me a private message.
shell
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by shell »

ariareflection wrote:Board Preferences --> Edit posting defaults --> Notify upon replies

aria
Ahhhhh....Found it!!! Thank you!!! *big smile* *crosses fingers, hoping this does the trick*