TOTM manager candidate Wyatt

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

TOTM manager candidate Wyatt

Post by seraph0x »

Community member Wyatt offered to do the TOTM/FTOTM from now on. He's not super-famous, but I'm willing to give him a chance. Anyone object?

Wyatt, maybe you say a few words about why you'd be a good choice?
Mistress Jenifer
Mistress of the Heel
Mistress of the Heel
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Mistress
Sub/Slave(s): dream_on

Re: TOTM manager candidate Wyatt

Post by Mistress Jenifer »

awwww, what happen to 85? PM if you don't want to say it in public

I don't have much issue with it, though idk who he/she is O.o
*Credit to LDM for the banners, love his work thought I'd promote it. Clicking on them will bring you to his deviant art account.*
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Mistress Jenifer wrote:awwww, what happen to 85?
He stepped down recently. Here's the thread: http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8279
Wyatt
TOTM Guardian
TOTM Guardian
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by Wyatt »

Their are several questions I will try to answer.

First, I was Orchardsylvan until today. I changed because it is a long, tedious name, and I couldn't think of a nickname for it. I was Wyatt on Cybermistress and a few other boards. Basically I didn't like Orchardsylvan as a screen name.

I volunteered for this job because I have the time, but mainly because I didn't want a another long gap without awards.

My basic activity on this board has been one of observer. I put in my opinion when I think I can add something to the discussion. I have also given support to a few members by PM when they were having difficulties.

You won't see any of my webteases because I haven't published any. I tried a few times, but they were so bad I gave up. You also probably won't see me on chat for a couple of reasons. It's just not my thing and I don't type very well.

Now, about TOTM/FTOTM. We all know there are some problems with the system of nomination and voting. This month will be done the same as always. During January I will try to come up with some tweeks to make it harder to cheat. If anybody has ideas I would like to hear them. I may not reply immediatly, I like to mull things over, but I will read everything and give it the consideration it is due.

I will probably be asking some of you for help. For example I have never posted a poll. I think I can figure it out, but I may ask some of you that have done one for help.

When I make mistakes please let me know so I can correct them. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, but personal attacks aren't and will be ignored.

All I can promise is that I will do my best to make TOTM/FTOTM something that winners can be proud of. In my opinion just being nominated is a great honor.

Wyatt
No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions. Charles Steinmetz
willingtoy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by willingtoy »

Thanks for volunteering! Looking forward to it! :)
shell
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by shell »

Hi….this seemed like a good place to post this. I have been thinking on this for some time.

First, thank you Wyatt for stepping up…I don’t know what I can do to help, but I’m here if you need something. *Smile*

I read the thread where 1885, stepped down, at “Stepping down from TOTM”
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8279

There was a quote there from Indigo, that said,
I know at least four or five members are active still. JP, Nilcum, MrFire, Zenlover, and Mistress Jenifer.

I did some research this morning and although I have known this for awhile, I wondered if others did.
This is current as of January 2, 2012, early morning on the East coast of USA.

There were two links that I used to see who the Milovana Team is. The first is a link at bottom of Forum index to “Milovana Team”
http://www.milovana.com/forum/memberlis ... group&g=85
This lists the members names, rank, how many posts they have made, their location, and when they joined.

The second link was found under “Members”, at the bottom, link to “The Team.”
http://www.milovana.com/forum/memberlis ... de=leaders
Two additional names were added there, Alison and Indigo.

I captured the first list and edited blank space out, to compact the list. I also removed the location of the person, because that didn’t seem relevant for this particular discussion. I also clicked on each person’s name and have added the last time that they visited Milovana.
I have not added Alison and Indigo to this list, because I am only using the first list I mentioned.
Milo Team.jpg
Milo Team.jpg (117.93 KiB) Viewed 3241 times
As you can see from this list, there are 12 people listed as Team Members/Administrators. If you take away seraph0x, because the site is his, and jp, because his last visited site information is not available, that makes 10 people. Out of those 10, only three are active on a regular basis – zenlover, mrfire and Mistress Jenifer.
zenlover’s rank is “Chief Betatester”, mrfire’s is “virtual fireman” and Mistress Jenifer’s is “Mistress of the heel”.

I discounted anyone that has been inactive for two months, up to the longest, almost 3 years.

I was the administrator over an organisation that had a high turnover like this one does. When someone had not been active for awhile, (our time was three months), they were removed from the list of the “team”. We sought out active members to help do the jobs that needed doing.

There are not enough active team members here to make things run as smoothly as they could run.

In steps a regular member, Wyatt, willing to take on a huge project. I applaud him for taking on this project. I believe he should be added to the team and that anyone that feels they can help him, should.
I also feel that when other members show an interest in doing things to help this community, they should be welcomed with open arms, regardless of whether every single thing is agreed upon or not.
I also believe that active members should be sought out by the Team or Admin, when talents are noticed, that could be used here at Milo.

Bottom line to this long rant…

CONGRATULATIONS Wyatt and thank you!

Plus, why not give normal every day members, a little bit of responsibility to help out the site.

Thanks for listening. *Smile*
dix
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by dix »

Indigo™ wrote:So to sum it all up: Why are the Milovana Team Members so reluctant to take this on, and do it themselves???
QFT. :lttd:
shell wrote: Plus, why not give normal every day members, a little bit of responsibility to help out the site.
There's noting really 'wrong' with it it, but the point is that we shouldn't have to when we have people who are meant to be part of the Milovana "Team". It's just a little disappointing when you have to put the jobs out to people who come here just to enjoy the site.

But of course it is nice to see that members will step up to fill in this little short fall. So thank you to Wyatt for volunteering for this task. :smile:

Dix.
Wyatt
TOTM Guardian
TOTM Guardian

Post by Wyatt »

Thank you to Mistress Jennifer, willingtoy, Indy, Shell, and Dix for responding. I realize it is impossible to endorse someone you know nothing about, but thanks for the "Thanks" anyway. :-)

I guess I don't really know what the "Team Members" responsibilities are other than Phox and the moderators, so I don't know how busy they are with board responsibilities. They all have a life other than Milo and I don't know how much time they have to give to the board. Therefore I don't want to comment on what they should volunteer for. If a Team Member, or anyone else, should want this job we can talk about it.

As for me I don't care if I am a Team Member, volunteer or flunky. I have had impressive sounding labels in the past and they just don't mean that much to me. That is a personal opinion, based on experience, and I don't want that to reflect on anyone else. All I care about is having the permissions to do the job.

I am especially glad that Indy, Shell and Dix responded. :-D Guess who I was planning to ask for help. :innocent: :yes:
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Welcome to the fun/mad house.

I wish you good luck in your new endeavors Wyatt.

                  Ladies & Gentlemen.
                           Boys Girls and O/others.
                                    Cum and vote.

                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

Welcome Wyatt to this job, and thanks for doing it.

I hope you are going to start doing the TOTM polls for December soon; I think it's time...
Wyatt
TOTM Guardian
TOTM Guardian

Post by Wyatt »

Cactusman wrote
I hope you are going to start doing the TOTM polls for December soon; I think it's time...
I am ready as soon as I get the blessing from Phox and the necessary permissions.

Indy wrote
Finally - a word of caution. ToTM and FToTM is taken differently by different people, but most would agree it's a hallmark of the site, and a tradition that many take seriously, and really look forward to. You have accepted the responsibility of being the caretaker of that tradition. More than that, you have taken on the responsibilities of honesty, integrity, honor, duty, and commitment that goes along with any position of true responsibility to others. It is, in its own way, a badge of honor. Wear it well.
I couldn't have said it better. I take that honor/responsibility very seriously.

Wyatt