purposefully bringing down ratings?

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?

the rumor is:

Poll ended at Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:29 am

True
92%
False
8%

Total votes: 13

SexualChoc
Chat Moderator
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

purposefully bringing down ratings?

Post by SexualChoc »

I talked in chat and was informed that there is a rumor
that there is one or more people with multiple Id's that is voting low on tease
Just because.

Now I am not complaining about a low score on my tease, I expected it,
not unusual for a new idea
usually the person(s) that build on my ideas get better scores latter letting me know it was a good idea.

Low scores have never stopped me.

but I do want to address the rumor.

Do you think it's True?

PS I was informed this has been posted before
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8148

planning on leaving this forum up because of Voting
Last edited by SexualChoc on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
tBone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: purposefully bringing down ratings?

Post by tBone »

It is. It is probably some kid who got butthurt because no-one liked a tease he made so he feels he has to "show everyone" by spamming low votes on everyone else's teases.

One of the many reasons there should be ip-restrictions and required registration to vote. But seph would rather there be "free-speech" and "perfect anonymity" instead of quality.
MyFreeCams: Great free cam site! Lot of girls who love teasing!

Protip: Use https://mega.co.nz/ for uploads.
Won't need to upload it anywhere else because it doesn't have the shitty restrictions all the others have. Besides emp, some people like seeding there, so keep that.
StupidBoy18
Explorer
Explorer

Post by StupidBoy18 »

who cares?
tBone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tBone »

StupidBoy18 wrote:who cares?
Oh look, StupidBoy18 making a stupid and useless comment. Who would have thunk.
MyFreeCams: Great free cam site! Lot of girls who love teasing!

Protip: Use https://mega.co.nz/ for uploads.
Won't need to upload it anywhere else because it doesn't have the shitty restrictions all the others have. Besides emp, some people like seeding there, so keep that.
denialslave2010
Explorer
Explorer

Post by denialslave2010 »

i dont post much... i usually dont have much to say. i always vote a little higher than i should, because i have tried many times to make a tease and they suck so i never post them. so when someone makes a tease i vote to show some sort of respect and a little high just because a apparently am not smart enough to make a tease. so anyone upset because their tease got a low rating is just silly. sorry just thought id put in my two cents for once, i think a lot of people work very hard here so that is that. thanks mark
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Indigo™ wrote:Yeah, it's true. Ph0x confirmed it himself. Someone from England, using ... Orange, something. That's about all anyone knows. There's a lot of speculation about it, but as with most things, speculation gets folks very little, and tends to inflame others.

Orange is primarily an UK mobile phone operator.
However under the rules on landlines they are able to lease the telephone connection from BT and supply the broadband ADSL connection.

This means that the customer rents the Line from BT and uses Orange to supply the broadband and in many cases the Landline Telephone connection.
Usually at a discount as they are their (Orange) mobile user as well.
BTW SKY do this as well.With Satellite Channels

I use Virgin which uses "Fibre Optic" connection for my TV and Land Line as well as supplying my mobile service as well.
My internet is at the moment 50mb. rising to 100mb in the new year.

ADSL providers claim many speeds but rarely achieve consistently above 5mb or slower.

I believe in using a single provider as you /I have more power with the amount of usage I have.
And the number of services I can threaten to axe.

Hope this clears things up.
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
tdrules
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by tdrules »

Yeah I'm sure that there are people that purposely vote low for a few reasons.

Got their butt hurt: Instead of using the low score to fuel themselves to write a better tease but votes low, very low, on teases as a "pay back"

To change the TOTM outcome: I'm sure it happens to where the TOTM is close so someone may vote low on a tease that is competition with the TOTM to maybe knock it out of competition.

Maybe they just don't like it: Not everyone likes every tease. I personally don't do any anal stuff. I often skip those parts and if its still a well written tease I give a good vote. But some people may base the tease not on the quality of realism and writing but wither or not they "liked" doing what was asked.

It could be just because they didn't like the models. On my last tease I got a few replies on the forums about not liking the "fake tits". Same thing as the like what's being asked maybe the story was good but they didn't like the models so a lower score.

I'm sure there may be a few reasons I missed but those stick out the most.
TDRULES
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by janmb »

The question of whether some users have multiple logon ids is a pretty simple one: Yes, for sure

Now, the more interesting question is how those accounts are used or in some cases misused.

For example people like Shell / lady X who basically use multiple user names to represent their different personalities should be quite ok - it's not hurting anyone at all, more often quite the contrary. The same clearly applies to tease authors and the like, using new accounts to represent one or more characters from within a tease or series. Perfectly fine.

When it comes to ratings, sure people can leave several votes if they like, both for better or worse, but in the end of the day do you really think that has a significant impact at all? The number of lamers who will actually bother spending time logging in on a LOT of accounts to leave artificially bad or good ratings surely must be a very small minority of the users - and they would have to use a LOT of accounts to make any real difference... So in the end of the day, do I believe this phenomenon exists - sure. Do I believe it is a significant problem - no.
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
doti
Explorer
Explorer

Post by doti »

I would think that there are so many votes that one kid would not be enough to do it (without doing it full time, I mean). But if he built a script to do it for him...
Maybe adding a captcha in the rating page ? We all hate them, but it works (not against the big players, I know).
My sig is your sig.
denton
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by denton »

Another possibility could be to change the way ratings are calculated so that people who only give extremely high or low scores are given less weight in the calculation or something similar. I believe imdb does it like that. Of course it would be difficult to make an algorithm that does a good job, but it'd be one way.
“Shame to say, though. Lack of pussy will change even a good man's demeanor.”
Bunk Moreland (The Wire)
rbtheservant
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by rbtheservant »

I never like to hear things like people screwing with the voting system, but anyone who knows me, knows I never write a tease for ratings. Out of my book of teases, only once was I ever in the running for TOTM. If readers like my teases, I am thrilled, if readers hate my teases, I am not too offended. Sure it is human nature to want to succeed and be accepted, but in the big scheme of things when I am dead are my tease ratings really going to matter?

LOL Maybe I should start right now, that could be my goal to leave a legacy of highly rated teases on Milovana. :-P Bottom line is, write teases for yourself and let the chips / votes fall where they may. I would not be honest if I told you that it wasn't disheartening to put a great amount of work into a tease only to have it score low or worse yet get ripped to shreds in the forum, but these are the cards we have been dealt, so it is what it is.

I really don't think one person can skew the numbers with great impact, but if they can, then good for them because that seems to me to be a lot of time and effort.

Happy teasing,
RB the servant
"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play"
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Incubo »

Indigo™ wrote:Ironically, I've been thinking the exact opposite ... what if someone were using the same system to rate - up teases, so as to bypass the "filter" system put into place?

As per usual - if there's a system in place, someone *will* find a way to abuse it.
This sort of thing has been done before.
At least one "offender" openly admitted to it in the past/
While he may or may not be doing it anymore, there's no reason to believe that others aren't.
sweden123
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sweden123 »

So that's why my tease didn't get a 5.0 rating, I knew it
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

sweden123 wrote:So that's why my tease didn't get a 5.0 rating, I knew it

Even submatt in his prime never got a five.

Also every tease is given a 1 on being uploaded to set the rating filter up.
Which then kicks in after 10 votes.

I would say that 4.5 up is a top drawer rating.

                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
rbtheservant
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by rbtheservant »

les wrote:

Even submatt in his prime never got a five.

Ahhhhh. The glory days of Submatt....how fitting as we end another year.
RB the servant
"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play"