Ad-tease filter option

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ad-tease filter option

Post by seraph0x »

seraph0x wrote:Hmm, a rating based filter in the Advanced Search options would probably be set up differently, such that the teases that don't meet the threshold wouldn't be loaded at all (and not count towards the per-page limit.)

Otherwise, it'd be kinda weird if you set the limit to 4.5 and all teases on the page are hidden. :-D

Not a high priority feature though I think.
Given the increased amount of spam recently, I added a server-side filtering feature.

It's set as follows:

- Hidden below 1.5
- Collapsed below 2.0

You can change the default "hard" filter level in the new Webtease browser settings:

http://www.milovana.com/profile/webteases.php

The exact settings will likely keep changing in the future and there is also a proposal for a front page redesign in the Team forum. We may change to a model like Digg or Reddit, where teases have to be discovered first before making it to the front page.

Edit: I should also mention that we are currently adding 1 to the vote count when calculating the filter. So teases with very few ratings will tend to get filtered, even if they are above the filtering threshold. Furthermore, currently no teases with less than 10 votes will get filtered at all. As I mentioned we'll tweak and debug all of this in the future.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Indigo™ wrote:Tried it ... got this:

{"type":"error","message":"Sorry, you don't have access!"}
Try again now?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Indigo™ wrote:Just did ... it works ... sort of. It doesn't filter out the ratings on Flash teases.
Yeah, as I said, it won't filter out any tease with less than 10 ratings. Now that these stick out like a sore thumb I'm sure people will go in and rate them. :-)
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »