Free My Favourite Four Letter "F"- Word

We try to keep the advertising to a minimum on Milovana. So if you have a page or product to talk about, please use this forum. Everyone else is welcome to respond with their two cents.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Free My Favourite Four Letter "F"- Word

Post by les »

I use three sites for safe access to programs.

filehippo:
http://www.filehippo.com/
A good site for the latest free versions of the more common programs.

ninite:
http://ninite.com/
For the most commonly useful, this one allows you to select several programs at once,
It then gives you a downloader that in turn downloads and installs the latest versions silently, ie no further input from your self, also it does not install any "tool bars" or advertising.
I always go here first for new customers and new/re- builds.

the first two are benign, the third is for exiting unknowns.

Gizmos Freeware Reviews
http://www.techsupportalert.com/
This site is dedicated to free programs of every genre almost always tested and well reviewed.
this is where I go looking for "new to me" programs, it has a huge selection of choices, I have found it does help me no end.

Obviously I do not advocate using every program on these sites but hopefully it will save you buying commercial programs leaving spare cash for "TOYS"
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Re: Free My Favourite Four Letter "F"- Word

Post by les »

                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
doti
Explorer
Explorer

Post by doti »

I would suggest to use those good web sites for informations, but going straight to the author's website for downloading, if it exists. I'm myself quite fed up of finding my softwares available in old releases, or even tempered / bundled with crap (I'm looking at you, softonic).
Back in the times, when on a subject some portals got some weight, they turned evil to us software producers ("what a good review you got there, it would be bad if it disapear, you know us portals have some costs...").
My sig is your sig.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

doti wrote:I would suggest to use those good web sites for informations, but going straight to the author's website for downloading, if it exists. I'm myself quite fed up of finding my softwares available in old releases, or even tempered / bundled with crap (I'm looking at you, softonic).
Back in the times, when on a subject some portals got some weight, they turned evil to us software producers ("what a good review you got there, it would be bad if it disapear, you know us portals have some costs...").

I agree with your worries/concerns.
I choose these sites because they are the latest versions and none of them add anything to the original or induce you to click in the wrong place.
I will repeat that ninite gives the latest versions with nags and tool bars left out.

Even some authors rely on advertising so their sites should be used with eyes wide open.
And also use similar sites to your mention as they can not host the files themselves.

Gizmos site will not recommend anything if advertising is included in the install.
the links in this case take you to the authors web site .

                                          Lord Les

                    OR