Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

You can find important news and current events here.
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

Post by boundupone »

Yeah, it seems broken again. Tried to upload images, it said they were uploading, none appeared in the folder.
Try anything once!
Orion_be
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Orion_be »

Same here. Sorry if I'm nagging.
Batman314
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Batman314 »

I am also having issues with uploading files. I tried to upload mp3 files, but it identified them as JPEGs, links all to the same image when I preview them, and I cannot delete them.

Hopefully this can get fixed soon.

-Batman
Lmr08
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by Lmr08 »

Uploads are working again for me for both gallery and files but deleting only working for gallery not files
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Batman314 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:26 am I am also having issues with uploading files. I tried to upload mp3 files, but it identified them as JPEGs, links all to the same image when I preview them, and I cannot delete them.
Can you share one of the files that was misidentified? Also, are you using Eos or Nyx?
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by boundupone »

Great things are up and working again. I do have a couple of feature requests -

Galleries -

Ability to create folder in folder - e.g. so instead of having dozens of folders, for example, mistress 1, mistress 2, etc, you can have a folder called mistresses and then create folders inside this one for each mistress

Ability to re-order folders - they currently display in the order uploaded, and i would like to be able to change order

Files -

Maybe a bug more than new feature request, but I cannot delete items from here. I mistakenly uploaded some images with the stim mp3's and now I cannot delete them (highlight them and click delete but nothing happens)

Cheers
Try anything once!
Batman314
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Batman314 »

seraph0x wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:01 pm
Batman314 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:26 am I am also having issues with uploading files. I tried to upload mp3 files, but it identified them as JPEGs, links all to the same image when I preview them, and I cannot delete them.
Can you share one of the files that was misidentified? Also, are you using Eos or Nyx?
Using Eos. I was able to upload them yesterday. It was the exact same bitrate as an mp3 that I uploaded a month ago, so I'm sure that it is not a file type issue on my end.

Here is the link to the file: https://mega.nz/#!ZckVzBDC!bsb3V37NLoZR ... CQjUzKoiYU

The ones that were misidentified all point the this same picture when you preview them: https://media.milovana.com/timg/tb_l/d7 ... lovana.com

-Batman
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Anyone got any idea if you can update a tease without removing stored variables?

I anticipate I'll miss some bugs because the tease is so large, but don't want to reset peopls variables because a lot depends on them...
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

I have planned to store a lot of important stuff in my next tease storage, so I was a little concerned reading this!
But I just tried this with my last tease and did a little text update, republished it and I can't see any reset storage data (for my user).

Did you lost some storage data or was this just a question?

Anyone experienced some storage limitation or is there a nearly unlimited amount you can store per user?
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

lolol2 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:51 am I have planned to store a lot of important stuff in my next tease storage, so I was a little concerned reading this!
But I just tried this with my last tease and did a little text update, republished it and I can't see any reset storage data (for my user).

Did you lost some storage data or was this just a question?

Anyone experienced some storage limitation or is there a nearly unlimited amount you can store per user?
For some reason I thought it did but I've just checked before eternity after editing variables and its all good crisis averted :lol:
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

lolol2 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:51 amAnyone experienced some storage limitation or is there a nearly unlimited amount you can store per user?
The max is 1024 bytes of JSON. So your variable names and formatting stuff also consume some of that.
Auto: Replaces selected instances of the word "not" with the word "definitely".
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Okay any hint about how many of these I can store, kind of to abstract for me with total of 1024 bytes.

var1 = 0
var2 = 1
var3 = "text"
varxxxx ?

It's only relevant about vars I like to store, so I should pic short names for them?
Or should I use short var names everywhere?
Usually I have very long names for all vars.

Or do you mean 1024 bytes per variable?
My creations:

Videos:

Teases:
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

Eh... call it 90? That's making what I feel are some pretty generous assumptions though.

Only the things you're actually storing matter as far as name length (and content length) goes. But if you really want to save space so you can fit a -lot- of variables in, arrays are where it's at, because you don't have to store all those names at all. If you've got some kind of naturally sequential data, like whether a set of numbered locations have been visited, you can save a lot of space by going

visited = [1,0,1,1]

instead of

visited0 = 1
visited1 = 0
visited2 = 1
visited3 = 1

If things aren't naturally sequential, that's trickier, but you can do some things with pseudo-constants. For example, have in your startup script

var HEARTS = 0
var COINS = 1
var BEATENMINOTAUR = 2
(etc)

and then checking data[HEARTS] and so forth instead of having individual variables for everything, you again save a lot of space. Somewhere between double and triple the amount of stuff you can store, I think, depending on the details.

Storing 1 and 0 for true and false instead of the boolean values also produces significant savings.

If that's not enough, I'm pretty sure I've thought of ways to cram even more data in, but they probably start getting significantly more obnoxious to actually use...
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Okay I just tried this on my own with a little test tease and the result are not as I hoped.
I just created a few variables like these, saved some low numbers to them and pushed them into the storage.

var storevar1
var storevar2
var storevar3
var storevar99

Looks like the max with that naming is around 60 variables that are able to get saved.
But the more confused thing and I would say that is a bug, if you have flushed the memory to the max you are not able to save or overwrite anything more to it.

So now I have 99 variables where the first 60 have a number saved and I'm not able to reset any data or overwrite them, even when I try to set a "0" to all variables, nothing happens.
This will not only maybe make the tease unusable to a user when the current settings are wrong, also the author has no option to reset that data for the user?
So the only solution would be to upload the tease again and republish with a new name? :-/

Is there any technical limitation why there is this less space?
The reason can't be to save storage on the servers, I can upload limitless pictures to a tease and every single pic is bigger than all text you will be saving. :-D
Any chance to get more? :)
I had planned to save the complete progress of the users, I guess I will maybe need around 100 arrays with a few different numbers for each. No way to fit this into this little space even if I use the shortest names I guess.
And I even can't tell when I reach the limit and the tease will complete break. :no:

@seraph0x
Can we pleeeeeease get some more space. :smile:
We will use it for good things... :lovers:
My creations:

Videos:

Teases:
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

Yeah, that is so not the way you want to go with that kind of information. Arrays are definitely the way to go there. 250 three-digit numbers is totally doable there without doing anything exotic.
lolol2 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:23 pmSo now I have 99 variables where the first 60 have a number saved and I'm not able to reset any data or overwrite them, even when I try to set a "0" to all variables, nothing happens.
This, at least, should be no surprise. 0 is perfectly good content; depending on the context it might be important to know that something is zero.

As for flushing the memory... I did some investigating, and I don't know why it's not publicized but the functions are there.

removeItem(keyName) will remove a single key, and

clear() removes everything.
I had planned to save the complete progress of the users, I guess I will maybe need around 100 arrays with a few different numbers for each. No way to fit this into this little space even if I use the shortest names I guess.
That might be to the point where you need something exotic. I've got some ideas on ways to cram more data into the existing space. If you PM me with more details on your needs I can probably whip something up for you that will do the job.