Looking for « alphatesters »

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

Frantzo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Looking for « alphatesters »

Post by Frantzo »

Hi ! I’m making my own Cockhero video : it’s mainly softcore stuff (no dicks around) with some very cool french pop songs. As i edit with i movie on mac, the possibilities are limited :-/ .
So i would like to have a quick review for my first 15 minutes of video : tips or advices from « veterans » are welcoming.
I mainly want to know if my project is viable :-D. Sometimes i feel my rounds are too shorts : may be i’m rushing a little bit.
Be aware that there is no beatmeter : it’s an Alpha. Actually if someone could help me with this in the future. Like I said, i movie is not the best app on the market...

If you are interesting to waste 15 minutes of your life send me a message :wave:
high_octane
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Re: Looking for « alphatesters »

Post by high_octane »

I'm up for testing it out! :yes:
Frantzo wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:40 pm If you are interesting to waste 15 minutes of your life send me a message :wave:
I hear wasting 15 minutes of my life is lovely this time of the year. :lol:
My original Cock Hero songs can be found here:
https://high-octane-ch.bandcamp.com or https://archive.org/details/cock-hero-osts
Spoiler: show
"When I get home I'm going to let my apparatus out of its cage!" ~fragrantEmulsion

"The rhythm for that song is very complex, and I fear that if I mimic it with the beat meter, people will want to throw their shoes at me." ~high_octane
If you're wondering what my avatar is, it's my own design entitled "The Crest of Confusion".
fagustree
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fagustree »

Same!
Author of https://cyoa.club https://test.cyoa.club
Drop by and chat on discord about the app if you're a developer or a user.
Sponsor my development at https://www.patreon.com/ftrees to help me spend more time adding features and keeping it running.
high_octane
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by high_octane »

Frantzo wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:40 pm tips or advices from « veterans » are welcoming.
My general tips would be:
  • First and foremost, include the content that interests you.
  • Don't include things that you don't like just because others do (unless you're willing to compromise).
  • Don't force ideas or overthink when making editing decisions. Let the ideas flow. If you cannot think of a way to proceed, then take a break from editing and come back to it at a later time. This usually lets you conjure up even better ideas than you had before.
  • Try to pick out clips that complement each other.
  • Editing the video in a modular fashion can be very helpful. This lets you work out the most erotic sections of the video (typically the chorus of the song) and then ease your way down to less erotic content (for the other parts of the song).
  • The beats should match the intensity of the content.
  • Try to make sure that audio levels are consistent throughout the video.
Frantzo wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:40 pm Sometimes i feel my rounds are too shorts
You should try to aim for around 3-6 minutes for optimal duration of a CH round. Sometimes the final round is longer (like 10 mins), and other times, some rounds are shorter than 3 minutes. In the case where the round is shorter than 3 minutes, it should aim to be much more difficult in order to compensate.
My original Cock Hero songs can be found here:
https://high-octane-ch.bandcamp.com or https://archive.org/details/cock-hero-osts
Spoiler: show
"When I get home I'm going to let my apparatus out of its cage!" ~fragrantEmulsion

"The rhythm for that song is very complex, and I fear that if I mimic it with the beat meter, people will want to throw their shoes at me." ~high_octane
If you're wondering what my avatar is, it's my own design entitled "The Crest of Confusion".
Frantzo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Frantzo »

Thank you for your tips :

I tried to make a round with two song tracks (because rounds are too short) : problem the transition was too awful. I think that my songs are not easy to mix between each others.
French Riviera Cock Hero : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22297
Lust Dream Cock Hero : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22564
French Touch Cock Hero : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22732
Lust Nightmare Cock Hero : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24392
Lust Nightmare 2 Cock Hero : viewtopic.php?t=25622
Drool
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by Drool »

If a song is too short you can maybe find an extended remix (on youtube).
Frantzo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Frantzo »

Drool wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:10 am If a song is too short you can maybe find an extended remix (on youtube).
Good point : i will start my research
fagustree
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fagustree »

Some questions I had... is there going to be a beatmeter, or a more pronounced sound for the stroking?
Are you planning on difficulty ramping up? If so, how so?

Mostly just curious. I'd say this looks good for an alpha draft. The text is clear.
My criticisms would be that some clips you snagged from playboy are blurry for nearly the whole segment you used... I don't think it's an upscaling issue, it looks like you took a segment from one of their artsy fade into focus scenes.

It is basically what you said, though, and for me that's good enough. I'd rather authors create works that makes them happy, because that's really the only way they'll be happy to make more. Was there any other things you'd like feedback on more specifically?
Author of https://cyoa.club https://test.cyoa.club
Drop by and chat on discord about the app if you're a developer or a user.
Sponsor my development at https://www.patreon.com/ftrees to help me spend more time adding features and keeping it running.
Rinascere
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Rinascere »

I don't have a Mac nor experience with that program, but if you can send me a link or a video to watch the piece on Windows I would be happy to help if I can.

In case you want to read some general tips, the gold rule is that your project is your personal work, so it won't be good if you don't like it yourself. Other than that, just apply the same rules of video editing of an average musical videoclip:
  • Keep the same video quality during the whole video, or at least during each round. This applies to the "feel" that clip tries to give to the viewer. It's feels weird mixing amateur videos between professional edited cuts.
  • Try to match the video pacing with the beats and the rhythm of the song. If the song goes faster, the number of cuts you make will go up too. It the song goes slower, you can use longer clips.
  • When you change to a faster beat, "always" (well, almost always) make a cut.
  • Songs should be ordered to lower to faster beats per second (bps). This is a trick DJ's use in their sessions, and it gives a feeling of ramping up that works really well and avoids boredom, even when people don't notice.
Last edited by Rinascere on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frantzo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Frantzo »

We are working on a beat meter.
Obsviouly, rounds will be harder and harder. Right now I cannot be more specific.

Blurry issues come from me I think : I tried to implement some blurr but iMovie does not offer a lot of possibilities. I guess I failed.
Keep in mind, this is my first video.

I hope you enjoyed the vibe and atmosphere.

Thank you for you feedback.
Frantzo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Frantzo »

Rinascere wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:56 pm I don't have a Mac nor experience with that program, but if you can send me a link or a video to watch the piece on Windows I would be happy to help if I can.

In case you want to read some general tips, the gold rule is that your project is your personal work, so it won't be good if you don't like it yourself. Other than that, just apply the same rules of video editing of an average musical videoclip:
  • Keep the same video quality during the whole video, or at least during each round. This applies to the "feel" that clip tries to give to the viewer. It's feels weird mixing amateur videos between professional edited cuts.
  • Try to match the video pacing with the beats and the rhythm of the song. If the song goes faster, the number of cuts you make will go up too. It the song goes slower, you can use longer clips.
  • When you change to a faster beat, "always" (well, almost always) make a cut.
  • Songs should be ordered to lower to faster beats per second (bps). This is a trick DJ's use in their sessions, and it gives a feeling of ramping up that works really well and avoids boredom, even when people don't notice.

Thank you for your advices about beat meter. I'll try to follow your guideline.
SeulEtReveur
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SeulEtReveur »

Salut! Si il faut un testeur : je suis dispo. J'ai fais ça pour un autre créateur.
Hello! If you need a tester: I am available. I did that for another creator.