[Announcement] Beatmeter Generator 0.3.0

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

[Announcement] Beatmeter Generator 0.3.0

Post by kerkersklave »

I've just released a new version of the Beatmeter Generator. For those, that don't know about it: it is a visual tool to edit beat sequences and patterns and generate audio tracks and beatmeters from it (png image sequences to be used in your favorite video editor).

Whats new in this release:
- It runs on Java 11 out of the box (I've included JavaFX directly), therefore it should work on Mac OS again
(Still should work with any version since Java 8)
- The Waveform is now rendered in a smarter way making the tool faster on larger files
- Shortcuts for common functions as copy and past, undo, ...
- List of recently edited files

So it is mostly stuff that has been requested by users.

As before it is available here: https://gitlab.com/SklaveDaniel/BeatmeterGenerator

fragrantEmulsion
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Re: [Announcement] Beatmeter Generator 0.3.0

Post by fragrantEmulsion »

yeet

I've been using this and It's good to see a new version finally.

When I hold control to zoom in, it doesn't cancel the scroll back effect.
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

Nice! I can’t wait to test it! :D
My latest Cock Hero is Sweet Mammaries, a Cock Hero Quickie.

I've also made 4-play, 4-play 2, Getting Down With The Thiccness, Fuck Hard Cum Harder, Filthy Cute and Kittens & Cream. You can stream them all on SpankBang or search up their announce threads here for other options. :)
fragrantEmulsion
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

It seems like there is a memory leak.

It's gone from 4gb -> 5gb -> 6.5gb

It uses like 90% of my i7-4790k and freezes occasionally when playing the music.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

fragrantEmulsion wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:38 pm It seems like there is a memory leak.
There was one, and I think I have fixed it now. The waveform was not freed when moving off screen. I just played 10 minutes of a 30 min wave file and it seems to work. Could you please download it again and try again (I did not change the version number, I should probably add some patch or commit id at some point...)

I do not understand your comment on zooming. Which scrolling effect? If you zoom in, you zoom to the point where your mouse pointer is located. If you are playing at the same time it keeps jumping to the playback position of course.
fragrantEmulsion
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

kerkersklave wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:22 pm I do not understand your comment on zooming. Which scrolling effect? If you zoom in, you zoom to the point where your mouse pointer is located. If you are playing at the same time it keeps jumping to the playback position of course.
What I mean is that trying to zoom in also scrolls me back towards the start of the song, and I expect it to zoom into wherever my mouse is hovering over.

For the first "half" of the zoom action it goes inwards and expands the wave form, then for the second "half" of the zoom it scrolls backwards in addition to expanding the waveform.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Oh, now I've seen it. This is a new bug, there has to be some issue in the logic adjusting the scroll position when zooming. I'll look into it, I will fix it soon.
Mr123
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Mr123 »

I tried to run it on my Mb with Os Mojave but it didnt react anymore when the bm-generator-logo appeared. :-/
CUM EXPRESS - NEXT - NDURO - ZART/HART
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Mr123 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:06 pm I tried to run it on my Mb with Os Mojave but it didnt react anymore when the bm-generator-logo appeared. :-/
Which JDK do you have installed? Can you ran it from the command line and give me any error messages?
I do not have a Mac to test, so I really need a Mac user to help me with this. It should include mac binaries as well, but maybe I am missing something...
fragrantEmulsion
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

kerkersklave wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:09 pm Which JDK do you have installed? Can you ran it from the command line and give me any error messages?
I do not have a Mac to test, so I really need a Mac user to help me with this. It should include mac binaries as well, but maybe I am missing something...
I had some really annoying issues with JavaFX and my Mac earlier this year.

I couldn't get regular JavaFX to work and had to essentially clone a project that had OpenJFX in it.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

fragrantEmulsion wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:17 pm I had some really annoying issues with JavaFX and my Mac earlier this year.
I couldn't get regular JavaFX to work and had to essentially clone a project that had OpenJFX in it.
Actually, I am using OpenJFX 11, but it is included already in the jar file. It works fine on Windows and Linux, but I do not have a Mac to try. Did you use a Mac? If not, could I ask you to test it on a Mac?

I've just fixed the zooming issue, I've introduced it right before release when I quickly tried to fix some scaling issue...
fragrantEmulsion
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

kerkersklave wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:13 pm
fragrantEmulsion wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:17 pm I had some really annoying issues with JavaFX and my Mac earlier this year.
Actually, I am using OpenJFX 11, but it is included already in the jar file. It works fine on Windows and Linux, but I do not have a Mac to try. Did you use a Mac? If not, could I ask you to test it on a Mac?

I've just fixed the zooming issue, I've introduced it right before release when I quickly tried to fix some scaling issue...
I'll try to test it tomorrow.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [Announcement] Beatmeter Generator 0.3.1

Post by kerkersklave »

I've just released 0.3.1 now.
It contains a few fixes for smaller issues and I further improved the performance of the wave form.
(For the technically interested: Javafx uses a Sceengraph API but rendering complex shapes using that can be expensive if you have to rerender them for every frame. Now I render the waveform directly.)

I am still hoping to find a Mac OS user, that can help me make sure everything works on Mac OS X.
kharon
Explorer
Explorer

Post by kharon »

Thank you very much for the update, really appreciate hot key support. :-D
Cock Hero Creations:
The Kharon Collection
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

I haven’t had a chance to test yet (probably next week), but was wondering if being able to move bars on the beatline right and left with the arrow keys or similar was added as hotkeys? It’d be really handy when trying to get the BMP snap bar perfectly aligned. :) If they’re not, I’d love to put that in as a feature request.
My latest Cock Hero is Sweet Mammaries, a Cock Hero Quickie.

I've also made 4-play, 4-play 2, Getting Down With The Thiccness, Fuck Hard Cum Harder, Filthy Cute and Kittens & Cream. You can stream them all on SpankBang or search up their announce threads here for other options. :)