How to make add password mechanics to your tease.

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Galron789
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

How to make add password mechanics to your tease.

Post by Galron789 »

So I'm just about done with my latest tease, however I wanted to add some more replay ability. I basically wanted to have a page near to beginning that leads to other smaller teases that require a password to get to. The idea being that after playing the initial tease a few times you will accumulate the password and unlock another mini tease. However I have no idea how to add that feature.
Can anyone show me how to script in a page that requires a password to proceed? I'm a visual learner so showing the code and explaining it would be extremely helpful. :-)
Last edited by Galron789 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
xman911
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: How to make add password mechanics to your tease.

Post by xman911 »

Galron789 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:01 am So I'm just about done with my latest tease, however I wanted to add some more replay ability. I basically wanted to have a page near to beginning that leads to other smaller teases that require a password to get to. The idea being that after playing the initial tease a few times you will accumulate the password and unlock another mini tease. However I have no idea how to add that feature.
Can anyone show me how to script in a page that requires a password to proceed? I'm a visual learner so showing the code and explaining it would be extremely helpful. :-)
What type of tease it would be, EOS or Flash ?!

For EOS you should first initialize your variable. For example... here is visual representation on how to initialize a variable:
Spoiler: show
This is the code, to initialize text variable. (just copy and paste into your tease)

Code: Select all

var pass = "someword"
Or if you want numerical variable.

var pass = 0
Then when on the page where user will be asked to type his password... Use "Prompt" this will let the user type his password to the variable.
Just type pass there. This is the name of your variable not your actual password.

pass
Then to check if the user's password is true you use "If" .

pass == "someword"
Inside "If" you make a button which will lead to some secret location. I already made such a button as you can see on the picture above.
Galron789
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by Galron789 »

I forgot about specifying. I am doing a flash tease.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Shattered »

Galron789 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:00 am I forgot about specifying. I am doing a flash tease.
Make a password page and link to it.

Lets say you want a numbered password for 123 and 144.

password#
(numbers 1 to 10) leading to password1# password2# etc. Anything that isnt being used, eg in this case 2-0, have badpassword#.

then again, with eg password12# and password14# as your valid links, with a submit button. if you submit on the badpassword# page or any incorrect page, it links to wrongpassword# which is a page telling you the password is wrong and linking back to the start page.

Finally password123# page and password144# page as above, then the submit button on those pages leads to your mini-tease.