[RELEASE] Cock Heroine: A tool for recording, editing and playing Cock Hero beat patterns

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

memma
Explorer
Explorer

[RELEASE] Cock Heroine: A tool for recording, editing and playing Cock Hero beat patterns

Post by memma »

Hi all,

I discovered Cock Hero videos in 2006, and I've been lurking on here since not long after that!
There were issues with creating accounts, so for about a decade I just consumed the videos and couln't contribute.
But silently in the background, I was working on something.

I loved playing Cock Heroes, but it really bothered me that some had beat tracks that were so out of time with the music.
Some tracks have a BPM that isn't a whole number, and I think some people just really struggled with it.
"If only there was some bit of software where you could just tap a key on the keboard in time to the music, and it would help you tidy up all the little mistakes to make a perfectly-aligned beat track!"
So I made one. And I called it Cock Heroine. And I made an Arduino companion project (which probably belongs on the Hardware forum). And I hooked it up to a Hitachi Magic Wand. And I bought a Handy. And I added Handy support. And between them over the years, they have achieved literally hundreds of perfectly choreographed orgasms in time to music.

Way back when I started, I wondered if I could make money out of my project somehow (and maybe I still could), but given how much I have taken from the community without paying, I think anything other than providing the tool freely would be, well... not fair.

And so, I give the good people of Milovana, and all you citizens of the internet: Cock Heroine.

I will probably make separate posts at EroScripts, and maybe elsewhere, but the 'On Video' forum on Milovana is the true home of Cock Heroes, so you guys get it first. :-)

It's not perfect. Perhaps it's not even suitable for general consumption, but my life is about to go in a new direction and I might have a lot less time to spend on Cock Heroine, so I wanted to release what I have, and I humbly hope that someone out there finds it useful as a tool. Got a video that you think would make a good Cock Hero? Just open a video (PMVs are good), tap along to the music and let Cock Heroine guide you through turning it into a perfectly synchronised Cock Hero.

What's in this spoiler?
Spoiler: show
Windows 64 built exe, and example usage video link (on MEGA.nz):
Can you guess what I'm going to say?
If you guessed "Please import to your own mega account before downloading", you WIN!
https://mega.nz/folder/NsQ3RI6J#xaJdHD1c-DVVMYq4euSw6w
A word about viruses:
This isn't a virus, but I've made the source available, so you don't have to take my word for it!
I use Panda antivirus, and it doesn't have a problem with this .exe
If you're worried it's a virus, you are welcome to download the source code, inspect it, and even change it before building it yourself.
Last edited by memma on Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: [RELEASE] Cock Heroine: A tool for recording, editing and playing Cock Hero beat patterns

Post by doremi »

Qt5, interesting! :smile: Yet another project to add to my list of stuff to check. :yes:
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)
smack
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE] Cock Heroine: A tool for recording, editing and playing Cock Hero beat patterns

Post by smack »

memma, could you please make an .exe to run on Win10 x64? Cause im stuck with that Qt Creator thing :(
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Submissive

Post by janmb »

Great effort - a perfectly synched beat pattern is indeed paramount for a good CH experience :smile:
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
fragrantEmulsion
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by fragrantEmulsion »

janmb wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:02 pm Great effort - a perfectly synched beat pattern is indeed paramount for a good CH experience :smile:
Quite an erudite observation my fellow metronomical masturbator.
47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 47dahc »

smack wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:40 pm memma, could you please make an .exe to run on Win10 x64? Cause im stuck with that Qt Creator thing :(
Yes, I second this request please. I'm currently trying to script out one of the Love Heros and this sounds like it could help tremendously.
memma
Explorer
Explorer

Post by memma »

smack wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:40 pm memma, could you please make an .exe to run on Win10 x64? Cause im stuck with that Qt Creator thing :(
I can build an exe, but the problem is that it's built 'dynamically', so it needs the Qt libraries as well.

I'll do my best to round up the various libraries it needs and bundle them into a package for you, but it's hard to guarantee that it will run when you unpack it on your machine.

I will do that tonight my time, so you should have some sort of package within 24h.

Like I said, I can't guarantee success (I tried a similar thing with another Qt app before and it didn't go well), but I will try my best - I want people to be able to use this tool for the greater good of all "metronomical masturbators" :D
smack
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by smack »

47dahc wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:46 pm
Yes, I second this request please. I'm currently trying to script out one of the Love Heros and this sounds like it could help tremendously.
Wow! Scripted Love Hero would be great! Can't wait to try it :w00t:
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by doremi »

memma wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:33 am I can build an exe, but the problem is that it's built 'dynamically', so it needs the Qt libraries as well.
Now I remember why I didn't use this solution for my own apps. :slap:

I like compilers able to generate a single .EXE file. So simple when not having to deal with an installer. Plus Qt is not free for commercial applications (not the case here).
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)
memma
Explorer
Explorer

Post by memma »

OK, so I've got a zipped folder.
I attached it to the end of the original post as a spoiler.
You should be able to just upzip it and run the .exe

Like I said, I'm not certain this will work.
I sure hope it works! It works for me, but I already have Qt on my machine, so maybe there's some Windows dll magic going on behind the scenes.
Can someone please let me know if it works for them?

As an aside, it was actually pretty darn easy to package it up for distribution, so that makes the idea of producing builds for future patches a lot less scary. Hooray!

P.S. Don't forget to save! It might crash from time to time... Usually if you try to perform an edit action when you just deleted the last beat that was selected. I should fix that, but the bug is a little elusive.
Just make sure you select the beat you want to edit in the table on the left of the editor, and you'll probably be fine...
47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 47dahc »

I downloaded and it opened fine after I got an Arduino error message.
Screenshot 2021-04-23 212549.jpg
Screenshot 2021-04-23 212549.jpg (10.71 KiB) Viewed 9707 times
Only issue I see right now besides not knowing what to do is the video is super small and I can't seem to make it bigger.
Screenshot 2021-04-23 213029.jpg
Screenshot 2021-04-23 213029.jpg (64.03 KiB) Viewed 9707 times
Now I just need to learn how to use it. Any type of walkthrough?
nebworx
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by nebworx »

:wave:

I'm not sure to understand the description, but if I understand well it doesn't fit my need.
Is this software able to add beatmeter to a video and export it to publish ?

If not, can somebody advice me another software/topic ?

Thank you
Fuck Heroes : sex in rythm for couples (or solo).
Anal Queen's Journey : a long term incremental game, anal centered webtease for gals and guys.
My ranks : Ultimate anal godess (tight), Ultimate anal godess (loose), Ultimate anal godess (gaping), Ultimate anal godess (destroyed), Stellar anal black hole (672)
memma
Explorer
Explorer

Post by memma »

47dahc wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:34 am I downloaded and it opened fine after I got an Arduino error message.
Screenshot 2021-04-23 212549.jpg
Hooray! So glad it works! (now I guess I hope you like it too...)

You can ignore the arduino warning, unless you have an arduino, some electronics knowledge and a compatible sex toy.
I should probably turn that off for general consumption, but as I've just uploaded what I've got, I haven't had a lot of time to polish it. Sorry about that.
47dahc wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:34 am Only issue I see right now besides not knowing what to do is the video is super small and I can't seem to make it bigger.
Screenshot 2021-04-23 213029.jpg
Yeah... that seems to be a Windows only thing. Not sure why. I've not seen it on Linux.
For me it fixes itself if you enter fullscreen (press 'f') and then close fullscreen ('f' again, or 'Esc').
47dahc wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:34 am Now I just need to learn how to use it. Any type of walkthrough?
There's a brief guide on the original link - just scroll all the way down to 'How do I use it?'
nebworx wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:58 pm :wave:

I'm not sure to understand the description, but if I understand well it doesn't fit my need.
Is this software able to add beatmeter to a video and export it to publish ?

If not, can somebody advice me another software/topic ?

Thank you
At the moment, Cock Heroine can't export a video with a beat meter overlaid.
It will render a beat meter inside the editor for you, while you are editing your beat patterns, but it can't add a visual beat meter to an existing video.
This is a feature I'd like to add, but it involves decoding the video, processing and making modifications frame-by-frame to add the beat meter, and then reassembling the frames and re-encoding them into a video. I did look into it once, and I think it's possible, but I just didn't spend the time to make it happen yet.

There is BeatmeterGenerator (I think it's called). I'm not certain, but I think that might let you export a beat meter to a video. I'm pretty sure it lets you create beat patterns by picking values for the beats, but I'm not sure if it supports on-the-fly recording, or tempo detection based on the beats you enter. I remember thinking it looked kinda cool when I first saw it, but it didn't seem to offer me any value that Cock Heroine didn't (because I didn't want to export visual beat meters), and from what I worked out, it seemed to require you to specify a tempo first rather than just clicking play and tapping in the beats.
I may be totally misrepresenting the software, and I encourage you to go any take a look yourself.

Cock Heroine is for creating and editing beat tracks in a more rhytmic way, instead of just setting individual points as is often done in a funscript editor.

If you want to design your own beat track, or create a script to match an existing Cock Hero that doesn't have a script yet, I'd suggest you try out Cock Heroine. And if you then want to export it to another tool, Cock Heroine supports funscripts, csv, MIDI and audio beat track exports, and if you need the data in another format, I could probably add it for you without too much trouble.
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

memma wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:53 pm There is BeatmeterGenerator (I think it's called). I'm not certain, but I think that might let you export a beat meter to a video. I'm pretty sure it lets you create beat patterns by picking values for the beats, but I'm not sure if it supports on-the-fly recording, or tempo detection based on the beats you enter. I remember thinking it looked kinda cool when I first saw it, but it didn't seem to offer me any value that Cock Heroine didn't (because I didn't want to export visual beat meters), and from what I worked out, it seemed to require you to specify a tempo first rather than just clicking play and tapping in the beats.
I may be totally misrepresenting the software, and I encourage you to go any take a look yourself.
Beatmeter Generator lets you import a .wav of audio and gives you an interface to put down beats, individually or in patterns, which you can move around, copy and paste, etc. It's a really quick way of making them. It can autodetect the BPM of the music for you, and you can use that to have your beats snap to the tempo of the song. It lets you export a beatmeter as an image sequence that you can easily import into your video editor of choice. You can also use custom beat sounds or beat marker images if you want, specify colors and scaling and such, and does both dots and waveforms, based on your preference. It's a really handy tool. I've used it for all my beatmeters. :)

Someone made a plugin for After Effects to (pl3b, maybe?) that is also supposed to be good for making beatmeters, but I haven't tried it, so I don't have detailed knowledge of it.

I think the main problem with Beatmeter Generator is that people seem to have trouble getting it to run on Mac, even though it's JVM-based.
My latest Cock Hero is Sweet Mammaries, a Cock Hero Quickie.

I've also made 4-play, 4-play 2, Getting Down With The Thiccness, Fuck Hard Cum Harder, Filthy Cute and Kittens & Cream. You can stream them all on SpankBang or search up their announce threads here for other options. :)
IrishNachos
Explorer
Explorer

Post by IrishNachos »

Thanks for this, memma, I appreciate your hard work. I've downloaded the program today and have it installed on my Windows pc. I am currently working on a CH and will use this when I'm ready to add the music. I'll let you know how it goes.