[RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
JBK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:57 pm
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by JBK »

throwawayacct wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:29 pm
JBK wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:56 pm Quoting myself again :-)
I'll repeat what I've said to multiple people asking about this: You can NOT access the higher floors on 'Easy' mode. This is because there is a lot of pain on the upper floors and 'Ease' mode is meant to be nearly pain-free.

To access the upper floors, choose a mode other than 'Easy'. When on floor 10, choose 'Choose another girl' and then 'More Floors!'. Survive Bryci and you get the codes for the second elevator.
Maybe I should simplify the process of obtaining the codes...
I write copy for applications and educational game materials in professional training programs. I write web copy too, edit manuals, and also lead IRL peer-to-peer training sessions.

While there is a strong pull towards being clever to ensure people are paying attention and to give every 2nd-3rd user the thrill of finding a "special", the one thing a few of my colleagues fail at is trying to be clever. Or, as I say it directly - huffing their own farts. You can be clever with a storyline, but not with the processes.

The balance is found in designing something for the newest seasonal users that can still be engaging for a lifer to refresh themselves. You don't want the user to feel like they're grinding on a 2nd, 3rd, or 10th run through, but you also don't want to make new users frustrated at not seeing the sailboat in the Magic Eye painting because no one explained how to change their focal point.

Furthermore, you can't assume people will understand the process or vision. Different people make different connections. Also, neurotypicals will solve a problem or analyze a challenge in ways that a neurodivergent (ADHD, ASD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, etc...about 20% of the population) person will not. Reading differently and/or processing information differently are just a couple hallmarks that show delineation between neurotypes. When it comes to a kink community, the rates are SIGNIFICANTLY higher in population.

Word puzzles and math games on timers are absolute no-gos (unless you are unconcerned with alienating the 20%). Recognizing most people skim blocks of text rather than reading carefully, is one way to make material accessible for all levels of users. Critical decision points need to be isolated from narrative text, so that people recognize there is something distinct to pay attention to - like the blue ropes in FarCry, or bolded text in Ultima6... To many seasoned users, it's a little eye-rolling, but new entrants are usually happy to get a mild hint which lightly bends but doesn't break immersion. These things are made to help you along a path.

Burying an entire half of a program behind a carefully selected set of choices is the kind of stuff you'd get in a massive open-world game like Witcher3, but designers need to remember why people are using these programs... because they want to get off in some way, and generally aren't going to commit 2-4 hours at a sitting.

Rillo's Estim Hack is an example of one such frustration-inducing and immersion breaking program. The combination of multiple hidden sections with stingy and difficulty-based randomizers and extended time-outs, took what was initially fun and creative and made it frustrating in a non-pleasant way; not one that I would repeat frequently if at all. On the other side, the original Tower concept gets a lot of replay because it's fairly direct in design, but it isn't challenging anyone outside of the overall length of the program.
The difficulty in obtaining the codes was not by my design. I simply used the logic and text from the original tease. I've been contemplating simplifying it though, as it should indeed not be that hard to find...

I'll look into it and make it more clear for players.
JBK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:57 pm
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by JBK »

There, fixed it. Getting to the upper floors should be less confusing now.
Let me know what you think :-)
Dolgian
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by Dolgian »

found a lil error in stim signal
on 9th floor the brunette that is going on a date
the signal becomes very weak when she says:

Okay, I really have to get ready now or I will be late.
That doesn't mean you are free to go though! You will stay until our time is up!

becomes weak here:
I am going to up the electro a bit more and give you nice long hard ones before you leave...
...just so you won't forget me ha ha! I should wear something semi-transparent to get him excited during dinner!

good luck!
JBK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:57 pm
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by JBK »

Dolgian wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:16 am found a lil error in stim signal
on 9th floor the brunette that is going on a date
the signal becomes very weak when she says:

Okay, I really have to get ready now or I will be late.
That doesn't mean you are free to go though! You will stay until our time is up!

becomes weak here:
I am going to up the electro a bit more and give you nice long hard ones before you leave...
...just so you won't forget me ha ha! I should wear something semi-transparent to get him excited during dinner!

good luck!
Hi, I checked the code and played the encounter through speakers. Everything seems to work just fine :unsure:
Do you not hear sound at those lines of text when listening through speakers?
Dolgian
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by Dolgian »

JBK wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:47 am
Dolgian wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:16 am found a lil error in stim signal
on 9th floor the brunette that is going on a date
the signal becomes very weak when she says:

Okay, I really have to get ready now or I will be late.
That doesn't mean you are free to go though! You will stay until our time is up!

becomes weak here:
I am going to up the electro a bit more and give you nice long hard ones before you leave...
...just so you won't forget me ha ha! I should wear something semi-transparent to get him excited during dinner!

good luck!
Hi, I checked the code and played the encounter through speakers. Everything seems to work just fine :unsure:
Do you not hear sound at those lines of text when listening through speakers?
Oh yes I hear sounds, but the signal/volume drops by about 50%.
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:51 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by throwawayacct »

edger477 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:52 pm
throwawayacct wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:29 pm
Rillo's Estim Hack is an example of one such frustration-inducing and immersion breaking program. The combination of multiple hidden sections with stingy and difficulty-based randomizers and extended time-outs, took what was initially fun and creative and made it frustrating in a non-pleasant way; not one that I would repeat frequently if at all. On the other side, the original Tower concept gets a lot of replay because it's fairly direct in design, but it isn't challenging anyone outside of the overall length of the program.
I think you are forgetting that Estim Hack had save mechanism and you did not loose progress when you restart. I was able to get to Haxorella more than once in one sitting, but there was always some content left. The game was designed to make you repeat some of the stuff in order to get some of the rare sessions, and since you had a save, you were able to come back and try to get in contact with models you did not fully unlock yet, without having to go through random sessions. You also needed a notepad to write down their phones since they were different for each replay.
Yes, you are correct about the save function - however I am speaking more to the hiding of content with no "tells" - one had to basically stumble into things. Often times, I had the Hax' "you're straying and must be punished with a time out" prompted a few times in a row on the same action which *had* content behind it. It made the tease kind of annoying in a way, and I've abandoned replays more than a few times because of the mechanics - I've only completed it once, and after about 70% it wasn't about the experience anymore, it was about the principle of finishing it. Every other run through, I wanted to give it a go knowing what I knew, but I still found myself annoyed and abandoned the tease to go stim to something else.

I recognize that I am not the end-all-be-all user and that my opinions are just so - *my opinions*. With the small size and availability of estim options in this niche, I would hope creators take into account how their thought processes and intentions do not necessarily translate to the general user base. Case in point - how many posts here on this Experience and on the Hack tease were from users frustrated at not being able to figure out progression? Lots. How many on others that are more straightforward and don't require a constant managing of clicks? Few.

If you want to make an expansive, riddle and puzzle program like Noc's - even one just 1/4 as ambitious - I say go for it, but someone packing such a thing into a short tease program has to recognize that many users will not follow the hidden thought processes. Bringing it back to the Experience tease - the upper floors are gatekept behind a very narrow choice selection with no indication that such a choice is available or that failing to pick the right one has a consequence of keeping a door closed. It's one layer too complex, and the number of folks who have written in to express frustration at not being able to figure out how to access the levels, is an indication.

All that JBK has to do is know people aren't in their head to understand how they intended progression to work, and include a parenthetical or inject a line about "one of the other girls might let you..." and problem solved. It's just one of the details that can easily get missed in the larger picture and complexities of building one of these programs. It's not an easy task to make one of these which can be played for the mass market - so keeping a little more simplicity in mind or remembering to leave breadcrumb trails, is something creators ought remember when developing these.
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:51 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by throwawayacct »

JBK wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:17 pm There, fixed it. Getting to the upper floors should be less confusing now.
Let me know what you think :-)
Cool! I know these aren't easy to make and using code or parts of previous work is a big part of a lot of these - no sense reinventing the wheel, right? I'll not have time myself for while, but I'll wager the other users who had trouble navigating will very much appreciate your efforts on their playthroughs.
JBK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:57 pm
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by JBK »

Dolgian wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:17 pm
JBK wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:47 am
Dolgian wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:16 am found a lil error in stim signal
on 9th floor the brunette that is going on a date
the signal becomes very weak when she says:

Okay, I really have to get ready now or I will be late.
That doesn't mean you are free to go though! You will stay until our time is up!

becomes weak here:
I am going to up the electro a bit more and give you nice long hard ones before you leave...
...just so you won't forget me ha ha! I should wear something semi-transparent to get him excited during dinner!

good luck!
Hi, I checked the code and played the encounter through speakers. Everything seems to work just fine :unsure:
Do you not hear sound at those lines of text when listening through speakers?
Oh yes I hear sounds, but the signal/volume drops by about 50%.
You were right. The pain files were being played at tease volume (which is a lot lower). I fixed the issue. In her hurry to get ready, Debora will pack a considerably larger punch :-P
Dolgian
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by Dolgian »

good job on finding the issue for the volume :)

for the codes, they are easy to find, however, I think I know why some people are not able to access the higher floors.
I finished the whole ascension and still, my progress says: highest floor 9th.
so even if I try to get to the 11th, it wont let me because it is like I have not finished the first part.

to be clear, I played on hard, got to Bryci.
then replayed on hard, picked Hailey, got the codes.
but still not registering.

anything I am doing wrong?
JBK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:57 pm
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by JBK »

Dolgian wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:27 pm good job on finding the issue for the volume :)

for the codes, they are easy to find, however, I think I know why some people are not able to access the higher floors.
I finished the whole ascension and still, my progress says: highest floor 9th.
so even if I try to get to the 11th, it wont let me because it is like I have not finished the first part.

to be clear, I played on hard, got to Bryci.
then replayed on hard, picked Hailey, got the codes.
but still not registering.

anything I am doing wrong?
The 'highest floor' thing is purely a statistic. It has nothing to do with progressing in the tease.
On floor 10 it didn't register because floor 10 doesn't use the 'random encounter' system like the other floors. That should be fixed now.
Activating an encounter from the elevator also doesn't raise your highest floor. Leaving the elevator on a floor of your choosing however does.
Dolgian
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by Dolgian »

JBK wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:14 pm
Dolgian wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:27 pm good job on finding the issue for the volume :)

for the codes, they are easy to find, however, I think I know why some people are not able to access the higher floors.
I finished the whole ascension and still, my progress says: highest floor 9th.
so even if I try to get to the 11th, it wont let me because it is like I have not finished the first part.

to be clear, I played on hard, got to Bryci.
then replayed on hard, picked Hailey, got the codes.
but still not registering.

anything I am doing wrong?
The 'highest floor' thing is purely a statistic. It has nothing to do with progressing in the tease.
On floor 10 it didn't register because floor 10 doesn't use the 'random encounter' system like the other floors. That should be fixed now.
Activating an encounter from the elevator also doesn't raise your highest floor. Leaving the elevator on a floor of your choosing however does.
Its not what I meant
this is my progress

Statistics of your progress through the tower
Elevator 1 unlocked previously? true
Elevator 2 unlocked previously? false
Highest floor ever reached: 9
Total number of encounters with regular girls: 61
Total number of encounters with pain mistresses: 22

no matter the number of tries I do to get to the upper floors, it wont let me because "Elevator 2 unlocked previously? false"

let me know what I am doing wrong, and by reading the comments, I dont think I am the only one :)
electrodick
Explorer
Explorer
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:02 am

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by electrodick »

@JBK I'm loving this tease... I have managed to get past the 10th floor, but can't get a code that gets me further. I can select 'higher floors' (or whatever it offers) and it will ask for a code... the ones I have don't seem to do that, but reading here it seems perhaps I'm supposed to get different code for the higher floors?

Secondly... I see you recommend tri-phase. I rarely use it... but today tried it. I use a ET312... it was for my money, a strrange sensation. My usual go-to (and I will indeed continue that way) is a couple of stainless rings on the penis and a 1 inch TENS pad on each ball. The sack needs to tight... a crossover strap harness does that easily, but so too would a band around the sack, or sack and cock base. Honestly, the sensation of the pain files is head and shoulders above the tri-phase. Maybe it's just me (and I have been doing this at an addicted level for 20 years since I got my first ET312)...

Anyway, I'm loving your work and dedication here. I really like that the pain file volume can be set to a higher level than the base files. All the other teases... Mansion, tower... they all fall down there. All too often the pain files are less stimulating than the tease ones.
Thanks for your work.
User avatar
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:24 pm
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above
Location: Europe

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by edger477 »

electrodick wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:40 am @JBK I'm loving this tease... I have managed to get past the 10th floor, but can't get a code that gets me further. I can select 'higher floors' (or whatever it offers) and it will ask for a code... the ones I have don't seem to do that, but reading here it seems perhaps I'm supposed to get different code for the higher floors?

Secondly... I see you recommend tri-phase. I rarely use it... but today tried it. I use a ET312... it was for my money, a strrange sensation. My usual go-to (and I will indeed continue that way) is a couple of stainless rings on the penis and a 1 inch TENS pad on each ball. The sack needs to tight... a crossover strap harness does that easily, but so too would a band around the sack, or sack and cock base. Honestly, the sensation of the pain files is head and shoulders above the tri-phase. Maybe it's just me (and I have been doing this at an addicted level for 20 years since I got my first ET312)...

Anyway, I'm loving your work and dedication here. I really like that the pain file volume can be set to a higher level than the base files. All the other teases... Mansion, tower... they all fall down there. All too often the pain files are less stimulating than the tease ones.
Thanks for your work.
How do you set MA to work properly with these files that provide pain with higher volume?
JBK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:57 pm
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by JBK »

Dolgian wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:40 am no matter the number of tries I do to get to the upper floors, it wont let me because "Elevator 2 unlocked previously? false"

let me know what I am doing wrong, and by reading the comments, I dont think I am the only one :)
And again:
JBK wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:56 pm Quoting myself again :-)
I'll repeat what I've said to multiple people asking about this: You can NOT access the higher floors on 'Easy' mode. This is because there is a lot of pain on the upper floors and 'Ease' mode is meant to be nearly pain-free.

To access the upper floors, choose a mode other than 'Easy'. When on floor 10, choose 'More Floors!'. Survive Bryci and you get the codes for the second elevator.
JBK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:57 pm
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by JBK »

electrodick wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:40 am @JBK I'm loving this tease... I have managed to get past the 10th floor, but can't get a code that gets me further. I can select 'higher floors' (or whatever it offers) and it will ask for a code... the ones I have don't seem to do that, but reading here it seems perhaps I'm supposed to get different code for the higher floors?

Secondly... I see you recommend tri-phase. I rarely use it... but today tried it. I use a ET312... it was for my money, a strrange sensation. My usual go-to (and I will indeed continue that way) is a couple of stainless rings on the penis and a 1 inch TENS pad on each ball. The sack needs to tight... a crossover strap harness does that easily, but so too would a band around the sack, or sack and cock base. Honestly, the sensation of the pain files is head and shoulders above the tri-phase. Maybe it's just me (and I have been doing this at an addicted level for 20 years since I got my first ET312)...

Anyway, I'm loving your work and dedication here. I really like that the pain file volume can be set to a higher level than the base files. All the other teases... Mansion, tower... they all fall down there. All too often the pain files are less stimulating than the tease ones.
Thanks for your work.
Thank you for the appreciation :-)
As to getting the second elevator codes: see the post above this one (or see the other 2 times this was posted in this thread or the times someone else explained it in this thread).
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests