Funscript conversion improvement? feedback needed

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Funscript conversion improvement? feedback needed

Post by edger477 »

Hi milovanians,

after some discussion in this thread viewtopic.php?t=25895, I saw a opportunity to contribute something to this community. I forked @cfs6t08p's funscript converter and added some options to customize how left/right channels volume is reduced at different positions in stroke cycle.

What this addition is supposed to do? It should allow you to generate funscript->estim conversion that does not feel so strong on the common channel (which is especially troubling when using common on glans).

This is how the new part of converter looks like:

Normally the signal feels too strong on common when position is "in-phase" (at 0) or too strong on l and r (depending on placement of electrodes) when position is "out-phase" (at 100). With these settings you can reduce volume at min and max (I have put default for center 100 because I think there is no point in reducing it but it is there to test), and from my tests the files feel better and I am able to turn the box volume more up to have more "dynamic range".

What is pending? I plan to create a sample funscript for calibration (10 seconds at 100, 10 seconds at 50 and 10 seconds at 0) so we can convert it with all values at 100 and then calibrate with l/r volumes on pc to find values to enter for each of positions in converter.

But even now, anyone can use it and if you do test with different values (right now defaults are 80 for all except center position), please report back your favorite settings per electrode setup, I might add a dropdown with favorites to quickly pre-fill the values.

Here is the converter: https://edger477.github.io/funstim/funstim.html

P.S. try different settings for l and r on min and max to get interesting bouncing effect, i.e.:
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Funscript conversion improvement? feedback needed

Post by throwawayacct »

Oh cool, this looks like it could be a real game changer.

And here I was attempting to take a break for a few days, use the weekend to get things done around here...
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by boundupone »

Thanks, this looks really interesting. Can't wait to see how what people's experiments find with this.
Try anything once!
JakofClubs
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by JakofClubs »

I converted the funscript for Passion 2 (default settings) and it worked well, but it's hard to do an A/B comparison versus the cfs6t08p conversion. I think I got the funscript from Eroscripts.

I tried converting Softcore Collaboration 3 (default settings) but it didn't seem to work well. Not sure why. It looks a bit over-modulated in Audacity.

Edit: top shot is the original mp3, bottom is the edger477 conversion tool.
Spoiler: show
Screenshot from 2023-01-31 17-53-59.png
Screenshot from 2023-01-31 17-53-59.png (182.55 KiB) Viewed 2992 times
Thanks for creating this tool! If you're looking for a minor suggestion, a ramp function would be convenient.
Last edited by JakofClubs on Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

JakofClubs - The screenshot from the top with the lower volume isn't from a direct funscript conversion that you did, it was the same one I downloaded from the Softcore Collab 3 Milovana release thread. I'd choose a different funscript converted file if you want to compare.
JakofClubs
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by JakofClubs »

Electro wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:51 am JakofClubs - The screenshot from the top with the lower volume isn't from a direct funscript conversion that you did, it was the same one I downloaded from the Softcore Collab 3 Milovana release thread. I'd choose a different funscript converted file if you want to compare.
Yes, sorry if I didn't make that clear. I was trying to show a comparison between the original mp3 and the edger477 conversion tool. I included the file manager at the bottom, hoping that would make it clear.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

I think what he meant (and that is correct) is that we don't know what original mp3 had done to it (generated then volumes adjusted, added ramp etc), and we can't compare the generator's results with that, it can only be compared with original cfs6t08p's generator
47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by 47dahc »

Gave this a shot yesterday with Audition 3. It seemed like there was an extra stroke in between the scripted strokes making it feel like a double time conversion even though it wasn't checked. So I did some comparisons in Audacity to see what they looked like. All settings in the respective tool are the same unless noted.

1 second fade
44100 rate
777 Hz
all radials unchecked except fade in/out
Screenshot 2023-02-08 114100.jpg
Screenshot 2023-02-08 114100.jpg (309.63 KiB) Viewed 2736 times
Audition 3 (top) is the original tool
Audition 3 (1) (middle) is updated tool with default volume settings
Audition 3 (2) (bottom) is updated tool with default volume settings and double time checked
Here is a screen shot of the video at the same time as the Audacity screenshot.
Screenshot 2023-02-08 113030.jpg
Screenshot 2023-02-08 113030.jpg (57.75 KiB) Viewed 2736 times
I recommend opening the images in a new tab to get a better look. As you can see at the beginning of this section in Audacity 3 (2), there are 13 peaks followed by 9 more peaks but in the vidsnap, it should be a 1234567-1-2-3-4 pattern. To see if maybe something was broke in the tool, I ran a new conversion with double time enabled and that is what you see in Audition 3 (2) (bottom). It definitely adds the extra peaks.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

47dahc wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:45 pm

I recommend opening the images in a new tab to get a better look. As you can see at the beginning of this section in Audacity 3 (2), there are 13 peaks followed by 9 more peaks but in the vidsnap, it should be a 1234567-1-2-3-4 pattern. To see if maybe something was broke in the tool, I ran a new conversion with double time enabled and that is what you see in Audition 3 (2) (bottom). It definitely adds the extra peaks.
This is expected, especially if you use visualization tool. The problem with funscript converter is that it is too "strong" either at 0 or at 100 position (or often at both) so if you reduce volumes at both sides, you will have 2 peaks per stroke (to compensate for that), due to the fact that (note: this is when both signals look "flat" in visualization tool and there are no peaks) at one side of stroke both L and R go through the common, and on other side nothing goes through common and all current flows between L and R. So, the "peaks" you see are actually louder sections in middle that you normally feel less. If it feels like double stroke, then more volume adjustments are needed.

I planned to create a dummy funscript where 10 sec would be 0%, then 10 sec 50% then 10 at 100% so you can "feel" each section and see if that one needs volume adjustment, but after discussing in different thread, I now believe we need to make "normalization" of the funscript and avoid 0% and 100% positions and move both sides towards the center, because no matter how much we reduce the volume, at extremes the phase alignment is always such that common either has no current or has double the current. I will try to add a setting for that (mainly because I want to try this myself :cool: )
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

You can try this easily with my software, if you limit the stroke length in multifunplayer it will limit how in- or out-of-phase the signals get. Essentially restricting the degrees of freedom. I spent a small amount of time testing this, it's nice when you want to focus the sensation somewhere while the script is playing, or if you think some positions just don't feel good.

For reference these are my calibration parameters if left volume = right volume

phase | volume (L = R amplitude)
0 | .80
35 | .87
60 | .90
81 | .85
180 | 1.0

I define mid as phase=60 deg because that's where the strength of all 3 channels is the same.