CH Releases Ranked (Poll)

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

sharko78
Explorer
Explorer

CH Releases Ranked (Poll)

Post by sharko78 »

OK so there's a lot of expert content creators and content users on here, who know a good video when they see one! My question is how can we distil the favourite releases of all time from this community and see which ones come out on top?

Well there's a poll option on here which I'm keen to try. It only allows for 10 choices so I need the names of your favourite CH releases in the comments. I will then compile the most popular 10 suggestions and create a new post to conduct a poll!

GO! GO! GO! :-)
Required
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: CH Releases Ranked (Poll)

Post by Required »

If the Flux Dance series is not on that poll, I quit.

:lol:
high_octane
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by high_octane »

It's funny. I was this discussing about 2 weeks ago in a PM. Here's the gist of what I said:
high_octane wrote:Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:51 pm That is a fun idea! I know that every once in a while, someone will make a thread discussing the best CH of the year, or the best of all time, etc. I guess we could try to hold a vote. That would be different than what people usually do on those threads. We wouldn't be able to conduct a poll with the built-in poll option, because that is limited to only 10 different options.

If we wanted to use the built-in poll method, we would need to hold a tournament with brackets, and each tier would compete against each other until it came down to the finals, but I fear that would be biased based on where the CHs were initially positioned.
The most fair way to conduct this would be to list every CH ever made and count votes based on forum posts, but that would require a staggering amount of effort. :-/
My original Cock Hero songs can be found here:
https://high-octane-ch.bandcamp.com or https://archive.org/details/cock-hero-osts
Spoiler: show
"When I get home I'm going to let my apparatus out of its cage!" ~fragrantEmulsion

"The rhythm for that song is very complex, and I fear that if I mimic it with the beat meter, people will want to throw their shoes at me." ~high_octane
If you're wondering what my avatar is, it's my own design entitled "The Crest of Confusion".
3xTripleXXX
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 3xTripleXXX »

high_octane wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:53 pm It's funny. I was this discussing about 2 weeks ago in a PM. Here's the gist of what I said:
high_octane wrote:Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:51 pm That is a fun idea! I know that every once in a while, someone will make a thread discussing the best CH of the year, or the best of all time, etc. I guess we could try to hold a vote. That would be different than what people usually do on those threads. We wouldn't be able to conduct a poll with the built-in poll option, because that is limited to only 10 different options.

If we wanted to use the built-in poll method, we would need to hold a tournament with brackets, and each tier would compete against each other until it came down to the finals, but I fear that would be biased based on where the CHs were initially positioned.
The most fair way to conduct this would be to list every CH ever made and count votes based on forum posts, but that would require a staggering amount of effort. :-/
Even that wouldn't be accurate. Discussions often veer off, or some threads require more questions and answers than others and that kind of thing. But we do seem to go through pretty regular "what's your favorite CH" threads, though hehe.
My latest Cock Hero is Sweet Mammaries, a Cock Hero Quickie.

I've also made 4-play, 4-play 2, Getting Down With The Thiccness, Fuck Hard Cum Harder, Filthy Cute and Kittens & Cream. You can stream them all on SpankBang or search up their announce threads here for other options. :)
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by doremi »

high_octane wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:53 pm The most fair way to conduct this would be to list every CH ever made and count votes based on forum posts
Just like what radio stations do with TOP-1000 hit lists. :-D

PS: Btw, it's Stairway to Heaven !!!
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)
high_octane
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by high_octane »

3xTripleXXX wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:18 am Even that wouldn't be accurate. Discussions often veer off, or some threads require more questions and answers than others and that kind of thing.
I don't know, it seems like it would be pretty accurate to me. All that we'd have to do is list the 10 quadrillion CHs out there now, ...an..and... *clears throat* people would post the name of the CH they want to vote for....... :unsure: Then, the original post would be updated with the new votes as a tally... :-P :lol: I'm sorry, I know it's not very practical. :lol: Maybe there's a better way? :hmmm:

In all seriousness, my method would result in ranking CHs by popularity only, and not by best production, or story, or other nice things, etc...
doremi wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:14 am Just like what radio stations do with TOP-1000 hit lists. :-D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't even know that existed!
My original Cock Hero songs can be found here:
https://high-octane-ch.bandcamp.com or https://archive.org/details/cock-hero-osts
"When I get home I'm going to let my apparatus out of its cage!" ~fragrantEmulsion

"The rhythm for that song is very complex, and I fear that if I mimic it with the beat meter, people will want to throw their shoes at me." ~high_octane
If you're wondering what my avatar is, it's my own design entitled "The Crest of Confusion".
Toodo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Toodo »

On www.poll-maker.com you can make a big poll, with unlimited options, not just 10.
I should use this.
Frantzo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Frantzo »

It could be very cool ! :thumbsup: i imagine some specifics categories like "The Best Hardcore CH", "The Best Software CH", "PMV" and so on
French Riviera Cock Hero : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22297
Lust Dream Cock Hero : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22564
French Touch Cock Hero : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22732
Lust Nightmare Cock Hero : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24392
Lust Nightmare 2 Cock Hero : viewtopic.php?t=25622
bobwalter
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bobwalter »

Is there a specific reason you would want to do this? Like you said there are A LOT of videos out there, and besides just personal satisfaction, I don't see the benefit of the massive amount of work to compile all of them.

Unless you'll send me pizza and beer to work through it :)
Efrauaa
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Efrauaa »

CH - Jesse Jane seeks to destroy
pl3b
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by pl3b »

I don't really see any objective way of measuring this.

If you let's say wanted to determine how good one CH is by measuring how much it was talked about here on forums, then the oldest videos will come on top simply because they had the most opportunity to be talked about. Even if you tried to divide it by the time to get some average, then the newest videos would come on top, as right after release there's a lot of discussion.

If you tried to make a poll here, then you'll get some responses, but you'd have to wait a while to make it more objective (not everyone checks those forums every day, subjective tastes influencing low number of votes etc).

The real question is why would you want to measure it? If you're trying to achieve something particular (compilation of "best" CHs, collaboration of "best" creators or whatever) then maybe there are better ways to achieve that?